PDA

View Full Version : Gophers - Texas Tech

TAILG8R
12-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Not sure if the Goofs will be able to outscore the Red Raiders but they are literally running over them right now. Texas Tech D looks like a high school team out there, getting laid on their backs play after play.

bruinbison
12-29-2012, 02:08 AM
The shoot-out is on......hey......Texas Tech just used the Ryan Smith play (the tv guys called it a fumblerooski)
But TT's version of Ryan Smith tripped over a foot (I think an o-lineman's) and touched his elbow down, otherwise
it would have worked like a dream

onbison09
12-29-2012, 02:09 AM
2 pretty mediocre teams

TAILG8R
12-29-2012, 02:13 AM
The shoot-out is on......hey......Texas Tech just used the Ryan Smith play (the tv guys called it a fumblerooski)
But TT's version of Ryan Smith tripped over a foot (I think an o-lineman's) and touched his elbow down, otherwise
it would have worked like a dream

Just saw that. Wonder were they got it from and if there is a connection to where Vigen got it

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 02:14 AM
I grew up an NDSU/Minnesota fan, so it's nice to see them competing in a bowl game again. The physical running game is pretty impressive and TTU looks extremely undisciplined.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't cheering for the Goophers.

roadwarrior
12-29-2012, 02:20 AM
Defense optional

TAILG8R
12-29-2012, 02:21 AM
I grew up an NDSU/Minnesota fan, so it's nice to see them competing in a bowl game again. The physical running game is pretty impressive and TTU looks extremely undisciplined.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't cheering for the Goophers.

Same here.

JSUBison
12-29-2012, 02:24 AM
Minnesota doing what Minnesota does best. 3rd and 49 after 2 personal fouls and a low block.

heckler
12-29-2012, 02:24 AM
52 for the goofers is a wanna be thug. Should have been kicked out of the game. That is why I hate MN players. Biggest bunch of thug like losers ever assembled in college football.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 02:32 AM
52 for the goofers is a wanna be thug. Should have been kicked out of the game. That is why I hate MN players. Biggest bunch of thug like losers ever assembled in college football.

Dude, on like the first play of the game, TTU's best DL punched a guy and he's still in the game. Still, 52 was dumb pulling that shit twice in a row.

heckler
12-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Dude, on like the first play of the game, TTU's best DL punched a guy and he's still in the game. Still, 52 was dumb pulling that shit twice in a row.

Goofers are stupid if they get sucked into that crap. And if he does it twice it turns into a pattern. Kick both of their stupid asses out.

BisonTeacher
12-29-2012, 02:45 AM
2 pretty mediocre teams in a meaningless bowl game

Fify. But the kids are having fun right? Any other psych people here? Whats the term for a slot machine payout? Variable Interval ?

Edit...its variable ratio. My psych degree has been collecting dust and i had to look it up.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Goofers are stupid if they get sucked into that crap. And if he does it twice it turns into a pattern. Kick both of their stupid asses out.

Apparently, that is their "Austin Richard" type player...but yeah, they aren't good enough to get brought into the fray...

Wally
12-29-2012, 03:12 AM

Yeah, no doubt. Thought for sure that puncher would get the heave ho. Refs throwing flags all over the place and a guy throws a punch and he doesn't get the boot.

bruinbison
12-29-2012, 03:13 AM
Nice recovery by QB Nelson for a td pass after missing a wide open receiver in end zone on the previous play.
Score now 24-24.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah, no doubt. Thought for sure that puncher would get the heave ho. Refs throwing flags all over the place and a guy throws a punch and he doesn't get the boot.

Yeahhhh, that was BS!

Hey, Seth, what do you think of that???

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 03:15 AM
WOW! Stopped at the 7 after the kickoff! Wow, they need to get a quick stop.

Edit: Penalties. Wow.

Wally
12-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Minnesota doing what Minnesota does best. 3rd and 49 after 2 personal fouls and a low block.

I don't think I have seen a team need that many yards for a first down. The punt didn't even make it to the 1st down marker

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Good stop for the defense which I figured was better than they've been showing. Not great field position, but I have even less faith in the TTU defense in stopping the Goophers. The program needs this win...and it would help NDSU as well.

JMB
12-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Nice recovery by QB Nelson for a td pass after missing a wide open receiver in end zone on the previous play.
Score now 24-24.

I like that Nelson keeps his eyes down field when he scrambles out of the pocket. He has made a couple of plays tonight similar to that.

Wally
12-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Good gawd. Another TT guy is throwing punches

JMB
12-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Good gawd. Another TT guy is throwing punches
Christ throw in some folding chairs, this thing is turning WWE.

Wally
12-29-2012, 03:50 AM
Christ throw in some folding chairs, this thing is turning WWE.

No doubt. Gong show out there

CAS4127
12-29-2012, 04:11 AM
Goofs are trying to play like us--pretty obvious. We would beat either of these teams. No blow-out, but we would beat them. Announcers talking defense?!?? Really?!?? Where did Kill learn that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
12-29-2012, 04:21 AM
The announcer called the texas tech offense impotent and then quickly changed it to stagnant :rofl:

HerdBot
12-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Marquis Grey sucks throwing the ball. Holy shit.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Goofs are trying to play like us--pretty obvious. We would beat either of these teams. No blow-out, but we would beat them. Announcers talking defense?!?? Really?!?? Where did Kill learn that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bee thinking this the entire game, no lie. Either way, this would be a big win for the Gophers.

HerdBot
12-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Gopher D chokes in Gopher like fashion. Lets see if they can score in 1:10

NDSUstudent
12-29-2012, 04:48 AM
This a Mason-esque level choke.

HerdBot
12-29-2012, 04:48 AM
I hope Jerry Kill doesn't have another seizure. God they suck

JMB
12-29-2012, 04:49 AM
The Minnesota Golden Gophers, ripping defeat from the jaws of victory since 1960.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Gopher D chokes in Gopher like fashion. Lets see if they can score in 1:10

This a Mason-esque level choke.

Not even close. Student, are you even old enough to remember Mason? I would take Mason when/if Bohl leaves without a question.

It's a tough break, shit happens, but I really think the Gophers are in the right direction...Kill has proven it before.

56BISON73
12-29-2012, 05:00 AM
If the goofs suck how bad is TT? Wow

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 05:13 AM
If the goofs suck how bad is TT? Wow

They weren't a terrible team. They had some games where it was like WTF? and then they had some games that where like WTF?

NDSUstudent
12-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Not even close. Student, are you even old enough to remember Mason? I would take Mason when/if Bohl leaves without a question.

It's a tough break, shit happens, but I really think the Gophers are in the right direction...Kill has proven it before.

Yes, I am old enough to remember all of his epic wins(@PSU and @OSU) and epic chokes(too many to list). I doubt I will ever forgive Mase for that Michigan choke job...that was a game that could have changed Gopher football for a long time.

Kill is a good coach, he'll win some games there no doubt but what happened tonight was a choke. A win tonight would have been a nice boost for that program and they let it slip away in grand fashion.

Also I should really change my user name since I graduated a few years ago....I'm old enough to remember far too many MN sports choke jobs.

HandoEX
12-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Holt shit? Are YOU old enough to remember Mason? The same idiot that gave up the biggest comeback in NCAA history? That pathetic loser's Gopher team was up 38-7 to Texas Tech in the third quarter and lost! Jesus, I might lose my mind if you are serious!!!

Wtf?!?!

BISONBRI53
12-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Watching the replay and the Goophs still suck! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

JMB
12-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Holt shit? Are YOU old enough to remember Mason? The same idiot that gave up the biggest comeback in NCAA history? That pathetic loser's Gopher team was up 38-7 to Texas Tech in the third quarter and lost! Jesus, I might lose my mind if you are serious!!!

Wtf?!?!

He talked to Barreiro a couple of weeks ago about the Texas Tech bowl game. Going into the game his defensive coordinator worked up a defense for the Red Raiders, but to do so violated some basic "defensive principles". Basically it sounded like they left some gigantic holes to be exploited. When Mason asked "What happens when they figure out what we are doing?" The answer was, "hope we are ahead by enough to hang on." He had a couple other key plays that if they would have went another way would have saved the game as well. He wasn't in making excuse mode, he was just pointing out how a few key plays in the a football game can make all the difference.

BisonTeacher
12-29-2012, 02:21 PM

Wtf?!?!

YOu are forgetting the Michigan game at the dome. Even though I was there and I don't even remember the score (I think we gave up 5 TDs in the second half). I remember a lot of screen passes to Perry. IMO that was the biggest f-up by a Mason Coached team. It may not have been a bigger comeback score wise, as I said...I dont remember, but to me it was a bigger f-up because the gophs usually lose to michigan...and that was their chance. They had them on the ropes. Mason was never known for defense while he was with the gophers. Whoever was D coordinator of that game should have been fired the next day!

Having said that....As someone recently talked about on this board in another thread. It doesnt matter, because, The gophers are relevant and in a meaningful BOWL game, and NDSU is not. I bet those kids had a fun time though!

As Carl Gerbschmidt said yesterday, "You guys are in a bowl? What is it...the Monkey Bowl"?.

ThunderDan
12-29-2012, 03:39 PM
The gophers will be pretty dang good in 2 years. Pretty much all of their key players on both sides of the ball are freshman/soph/juinors.
Kill will get it going. Not to mention his OC has some imagination. He might not have shown it alot this year, but he didn't have a whole lot to work with, when he had Gray who can't throw, and Shortell who was just terrible, then a true freshman getting thrown in the mix. Nelson the freshman QB will be a good player, maybe the best QB gophers have ever had by the time he's a junior/senior. Kill has been there only 2 years, it takes a few years to get the recruits in that you want and have them playing all the positions, not the guys who were leftover from Tim Foolster.
He has a tough job ahead because he has to change the whole culture of the football program at the U of M. Not an easy task, and it will take a few years, but he'll get it done.

BisonTeacher
12-29-2012, 03:58 PM
The gophers will be pretty dang good in 2 years. Pretty much all of their key players on both sides of the ball are freshman/soph/juinors.
Kill will get it going. Not to mention his OC has some imagination. He might not have shown it alot this year, but he didn't have a whole lot to work with, when he had Gray who can't throw, and Shortell who was just terrible, then a true freshman getting thrown in the mix. Nelson the freshman QB will be a good player, maybe the best QB gophers have ever had by the time he's a junior/senior. Kill has been there only 2 years, it takes a few years to get the recruits in that you want and have them playing all the positions, not the guys who were leftover from Tim Foolster.
He has a tough job ahead because he has to change the whole culture of the football program at the U of M. Not an easy task, and it will take a few years, but he'll get it done.

I hope you are right....but I don't think you are. The culture there may be beyond repair. Unless they get the baby jesus of all football recruits that decides for some reason to go to Minn rather than elsewhere, or someday get a greater than tubby like hire as a coach. I just don't see it happening. I really like Jerry Kill. I want him to do well. I lost a little respect for him with the UNC situation, but I still hope you are right.

SlickVic
12-29-2012, 07:53 PM
jerry kills nothing but a looser glen mason was pure class...i walked right into his office one time told his secretary id like to meet coach mason she said just a minute hes in a meeting...a couple 13 14 minutes later mase rolls out the red carpet gave me a bottle of sprite and a football progrum said feel free to roam around seen lawrance maroney in the rec room playin xbox...i enjoy masons commentary on the big ten network as well id take him over herbie or any of them all day

BadlandsBison
12-29-2012, 08:13 PM
jerry kills nothing but a looser glen mason was pure class...i walked right into his office one time told his secretary id like to meet coach mason she said just a minute hes in a meeting...a couple 13 14 minutes later mase rolls out the red carpet gave me a bottle of sprite and a football progrum said feel free to roam around seen lawrance maroney in the rec room playin xbox...i enjoy masons commentary on the big ten network as well id take him over herbie or any of them all day

Mason was solid. He would make a good AD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

344Johnson
12-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Mason was solid. He would make a good AD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Fire Dorn, Hire Mason/ Save Women's Bball.

BisonTeacher
12-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Fire Dorn, Hire Mason/ Save Women's Bball.

Shut up Dorn!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Uds6sUFyKFI/TESnMkZF-eI/AAAAAAAAASQ/xbjNFPrK07M/s1600/brown.jpg

North Side
12-30-2012, 03:36 AM
The gophers constant struggles can only be good for NDSU.

BisonNation11
12-30-2012, 03:41 AM
The gophers constant struggles can only be good for NDSU.

Totally agree with this. We keep winning natty's, they keep losing, we pick up better recruits that want to play for a winning team.

ThunderDan
12-31-2012, 01:54 AM
I don't think any recruits who are offered a scholarship to Minnesota are going to choose ndsu instead. It's big ten vs FCS.

JMB
12-31-2012, 03:18 AM
Totally agree with this. We keep winning natty's, they keep losing, we pick up better recruits that want to play for a winning team.

I agree with ThunderDan, we probably don't win many head to head recruiting battles. (A bigger concern would be if the Gophers get a Nebraska-like Redshirt program going). However I could see a good Gopher program poach some monitary support from NDSU either in the form of Season Ticket holders or other contributions. Especially from people who live in Minnesota.

BisonNation11
12-31-2012, 05:02 AM
I don't think any recruits who are offered a scholarship to Minnesota are going to choose ndsu instead. It's big ten vs FCS.

I was thinking more along the lines of walk-ons for the Goophs, or ones they simply just show interest in. Or the ones like Billy Turner that simply get over-looked or like Crockett that they don't want to "waste" the time getting eligible. Those are the kids I want. Motivated kids. Kids that will give the U of M a big middle finger for thinking they aren't good enough for whatever reason.

JMB
12-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Another thought is that a better Gopher team may be better for NDSU. There are likely players on that team that are marginal Big 10 type talent, but would be very good FCS players... If the Gopher's talent level increases those players may become available. I do believe NDSU can recruit against the next level FBS programs (MAC etc).

unbison
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
thats my thoughts from the get go....... NDSU wants the gophers at the next level..... it would leave more recruits in the area to play for the bison

Kermit
12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
thats my thoughts from the get go....... NDSU wants the gophers at the next level..... it would leave more recruits in the area to play for the bison

That has been my thinking, also.

Hammerhead
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I checked out the Gophers roster to see where their players come from and was surprised to see about 60 are from Minn. and Wisc. which have been fertile grounds for NDSU players as long as I can remember.

EndZoneQB
12-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Another thought is that a better Gopher team may be better for NDSU. There are likely players on that team that are marginal Big 10 type talent, but would be very good FCS players... If the Gopher's talent level increases those players may become available. I do believe NDSU can recruit against the next level FBS programs (MAC etc).

Exactly .