PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Tailgating

Da_Bizon
12-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Unless I'm reading this wrong: http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs#!venue_info ... it appears that we are getting the tailgating lots on the opposite side of the stadium from last year: http://www.fcdallasstadium.com/directions/google-map (blue lots). Do they know how stupid it is to give us less room to tailgate than last year?

aces1180
12-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Unless I'm reading this wrong: http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs#!venue_info ... it appears that we are getting the tailgating lots on the opposite side of the stadium from last year: http://www.fcdallasstadium.com/directions/google-map (blue lots). Do they know how stupid it is to give us less room to tailgate than last year?

It's because the "official" NDSU seats are on the East side. Little do they know that the whole stadium will be the "Home of the Bison." I can guarantee, there will be a lot of Herd fans on the West side too.

SamsRams
12-28-2012, 04:04 AM

what is stupid is the amount of money the local businesses around the ndsu tailgaiting lot last year will not make half the money.. That lot was big enough for both teams to tailgate their but NCAA and Frisco are dropping the ball on this one

SamsRams
12-28-2012, 08:28 AM
My email to the mayor.
http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/government/Pages/Maher_Maso_Bio.aspx
Mayor Maso,

I was very pleased to hear the wonderful city of Frisco got an extension to host the FCS championship. last year was my first ever trip to Frisco and wow was I impressed. but i also noticed how impressed Plano and Frisco were with NDSU fans.

With that I want to inform you of something I consider a major glitch by the NCAA this year. Because of a coin flip teams were chosen which side of the stadium the fans ticket allotment is on. This subsequently decided which side of the stadium the fans tailgate on. So this year the teams have flip flopped in the stadium and in the parking lots.
I don't believe this will be a welcome change to the businesses that surround the West parking lot. I mean no disrespect to Sam Houston but the Bison fans will clearly outnumber them this year. It was bison fans who bought tickets in September and sold this game out.
From what I understand they were very few police incidents at the game and tailgating last year. My proposal is to have both teams tailgate in the West parking lot. This is the win for the fans, this is a win for Frisco, this is a win for the NCAA, and most importantly this is a win for the businesses that surround the West parking lot.

I have attempted to reach the NCAA and the stadium but my opinion has fallen on deaf ears. I support whatever decision you make mayor as I know you know what is best for your city.

John Neis

daddy daycare
12-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I am located in the Comfort Suites right in that parking lot. Who's to tell #bisonation where to tailgate? We will be there early and in huge numbers. Why don't we just plan a West lot invasion and tailgate with SHSU fans? We will beat them to the lot and outnumber them anyway.

BisonTeacher
12-28-2012, 12:35 PM
When the lot opens most of them will just be leaving to get to frisco...haha

PlainsBison
12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Passionate Bison fans will arrive before other teams fans. Do what you want when you arrive early.

EndZoneQB
12-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Are the lots really that small? On GoogleMaps they look pretty big...and we drove through there last year, didn't seem too small? I'm not sure I share the same concerns. They extend North of the stadium too?

roadwarrior
12-28-2012, 01:43 PM
weather.com forecast

Fri Sunny 52
Sat Sunny 57

roadwarrior
12-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Are the lots really that small? On GoogleMaps they look pretty big...and we drove through there last year, didn't seem too small? I'm not sure I share the same concerns. They extend North of the stadium too?

The lots are big.

westnodak93bison
12-28-2012, 01:55 PM
I wonder if "they" will be smart enough to put ample porta potties and garbage cans in the lots. That poor restraunt to the west of the stadium was over run with people using their rest room.

Nel360
12-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Look in the Our house forum, Tailgate Frisco thread

EndZoneQB
12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
The lots are big.

Yeah, exactly. I don't follow the concerns I guess.

BisonAccountant44
12-28-2012, 02:44 PM
How would us being on the East side of the stadium vs the West side effect the businesses? I'm not following that one.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
How would us being on the East side of the stadium vs the West side effect the businesses? I'm not following that one.

Are their businesses on the East side? I never wondered over there last year.

Bison 4 Life
12-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Well I grabbed a breakfast sandwich at Subway when I first got to the lot, I will not do that this time. Spillover was pretty strong. Not running all the way across to go anywhere this year.

Hopefully some good breakfast tailgating will ensue!

westnodak93bison
12-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Are their businesses on the East side? I never wondered over there last year.

Google Earth it. Nothing on the east side.
Also, looks like there would be plenty of room on the east side concourse to put temporary aluminum bleacher type seats to fit more fans.

GRAFTONBISON
12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Also, looks like there would be plenty of room on the east side concourse to put temporary aluminum bleacher type seats to fit more fans.

Gabe, where you at?

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM

Considering that is a growing area, not sure if Google Earth can be trusted to be up to date?

bajadanny
12-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Will the players be entering the stadium from the same side this year? it was awesome the Houston players walking through the Bison fans!!!!!!! that was the first edge NDSU had in the end result, this needs to be done once again.

BisonAccountant44
12-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Well I grabbed a breakfast sandwich at Subway when I first got to the lot, I will not do that this time. Spillover was pretty strong. Not running all the way across to go anywhere this year.

Hopefully some good breakfast tailgating will ensue!

Huh, I vaguely remember seeing a bar there that must be the Londoner pub I'm seeing on Google maps, but I had no idea there was that entire strip of businesses along the West side. Last year we were dropped off on the South side of the lot, walked in and stayed in the tailgate lot until the game started. Then we tailgated for a little while after the game, left and went to dinner near the mall close to the 3rd base, went back to 3rd base after that and never left.

I guess those businesses on the West side will get the same amount out of me this year as they did last year.

SamsRams
12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
My email to the mayor.
http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/government/Pages/Maher_Maso_Bio.aspx
Mayor Maso,

I was very pleased to hear the wonderful city of Frisco got an extension to host the FCS championship. last year was my first ever trip to Frisco and wow was I impressed. but i also noticed how impressed Plano and Frisco were with NDSU fans.

With that I want to inform you of something I consider a major glitch by the NCAA this year. Because of a coin flip teams were chosen which side of the stadium the fans ticket allotment is on. This subsequently decided which side of the stadium the fans tailgate on. So this year the teams have flip flopped in the stadium and in the parking lots.
I don't believe this will be a welcome change to the businesses that surround the West parking lot. I mean no disrespect to Sam Houston but the Bison fans will clearly outnumber them this year. It was bison fans who bought tickets in September and sold this game out.
From what I understand they were very few police incidents at the game and tailgating last year. My proposal is to have both teams tailgate in the West parking lot. This is the win for the fans, this is a win for Frisco, this is a win for the NCAA, and most importantly this is a win for the businesses that surround the West parking lot.

I have attempted to reach the NCAA and the stadium but my opinion has fallen on deaf ears. I support whatever decision you make mayor as I know you know what is best for your city.

John Neis

Mayor Maso's response

John,

I checked with our partners at FC Dallas Stadium as well as some of our staff. It looks like NDSU Alumni Association was offered a spot at west side, but from what I understand, they wanted to set up on the East side. Also, no restrictions exist on where you can park/tailgate. At this late hour, trying to move things around is very difficult in a best-case scenario. In the end, the location is not what will make this a fun experience, it is the fans. From what I have seen, I doubt NDSU will have any problems creating a “festive” atmosphere and I plan on joining, er, I mean, monitoring the East side in an in-depth fashion J

Looks like you are over 3300 tickets sold for the alumni part at Roughriders stadium. Our CVB is working closely with your folks to make sure that is a fun evening and we have fireworks planned and trying to enlarge the area for you.

So it appears the alumni association wants to have Bison fans on the east but the tailgating lots are open to first come first serve.

Tatanka
12-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Mayor Maso's response

John,

I checked with our partners at FC Dallas Stadium as well as some of our staff. It looks like NDSU Alumni Association was offered a spot at west side, but from what I understand, they wanted to set up on the East side. Also, no restrictions exist on where you can park/tailgate. At this late hour, trying to move things around is very difficult in a best-case scenario. In the end, the location is not what will make this a fun experience, it is the fans. From what I have seen, I doubt NDSU will have any problems creating a “festive” atmosphere and I plan on joining, er, I mean, monitoring the East side in an in-depth fashion J

Looks like you are over 3300 tickets sold for the alumni part at Roughriders stadium. Our CVB is working closely with your folks to make sure that is a fun evening and we have fireworks planned and trying to enlarge the area for you.

So it appears the alumni association wants to have Bison fans on the east but the tailgating lots are open to first come first serve.

Excellent! Prepare for some SHSU tailgate lot pwnage.

Fireworks for the pre-party? That's pretty cool actually. Hope the SHSU fans in the Embassy Suites enjoy the show LOL

BisonNeil
01-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Mayor Maso's response

John,

This was a big mistake on the part of the alumni association. They should want the Bison fans on the west side to great the team when they arrive at the stadium and to chant let's go Bison when Sam arrives. Very stupid IMO.

daddy daycare
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I plan to tailgate in west lot.

Bison"FANatic"
01-03-2013, 03:12 PM
This was a big mistake on the part of the alumni association. They should want the Bison fans on the west side to great the team when they arrive at the stadium and to chant let's go Bison when Sam arrives. Very stupid IMO.

Ohh the HERD will make its way over when the time is right. The lot cleared last year for it and a little further walk won't stop Bisonation from greeting the team.

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM

I plan to tailgate in west lot.

Yep, that's what I am leaning towards at this point as well. You know we'll be there before them...

Bison 4 Life
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I may be wrong but the East Parking lots designated on the alumni site are enormous. Maybe they wanted to make the biggest splash?

Tatanka
01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
The team's designated side is teh east side. Much like we were west side last year. Good grief. It will all be NDSU this year so no worries.

KSBisonFan
01-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Could somebody just go take the porta potties from SHSU's lot and move them to our lot? That is all.

SafeTeeJ
01-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Question....are cameras allowed in the stadium? Thanks

BismarckBisonFan
01-04-2013, 03:59 AM
http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs#!venue_info

video equipment/devices are not allowed. My take is that a camera is OK to bring in.

THEsocalledfan
01-04-2013, 04:01 AM

I was at an event last December when President Clinton was talking and they said not cameras.....do you really think they were able enforce that? I got a chuckle out of your question as I generally ignore dumb rules and laws.

SafeTeeJ
01-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Dumb. Most cameras these days have video option. Heck my iPhone takes decent video.

BismarckBisonFan
01-04-2013, 04:11 AM
Dumb. Most cameras these days have video option. Heck my iPhone takes decent video.
I think the ncaa intent is to prevent anything that could be made to gain $$$$$. Otherwise have at it.

daddy daycare
01-04-2013, 11:09 AM
West lot invasion. Everyone get their asses to the team walk through and let's hang around and make a tunnel for the Kitties and the LET'S GO BISON chant as well!

number1bisonfan
01-05-2013, 02:36 AM
When we were there today talking to the facilities manager, he said that the big grassy area to the south of the parking lots will be available to us as well. He had just ordered another 50 porta potties. Also mentioned that cameras are OK, they aren't about to police people coming in with cameras.

BisonTeacher
01-05-2013, 02:44 AM
I think the ncaa intent is to prevent anything that could be made to gain $$$$$. Otherwise have at it.

You mean the dvd/bluray copy of the game they produce and sell to fans?/purple

THEsocalledfan
01-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Out of bed and ready to tailgate!

DjKyRo
01-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Grabbing some breakfast then we're there! Let's rock!

CalBison97
01-05-2013, 12:33 PM
See ya'll at the cruiser....leaving hotelllllll NOW!

chuckles
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
What a solid turn out for all of us yesterday! Tailgating was the bomb with the numbers we brought. We would have faired better on the west side though with a larger paved lot. The grass part of the lot (and getting onto the grass lot) was unimpressive. It was also nice to see more porta potties brought in, but there was still a 15min wait at times. One last s/o to Tatanka, PL, and the gang for some stellar food, much thanks!

IndyBison
01-06-2013, 04:03 PM
I thought I saw a lot of Bison pictures in the West lot. Were there a lot on that side as well?

CAS4127
01-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I thought I saw a lot of Bison pictures in the West lot. Were there a lot on that side as well?

Don't think there were too many on west side. Side note--when we got to east lot at about 9:15, several of the entrances had run out of tickets for parking!! WTF, don't these people learn from the past or believe what we tell them?!

Overall though, it was a great tailgate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Don't think there were too many on west side. Side note--when we got to east lot at about 9:15, several of the entrances had run out of tickets for parking!! WTF, don't these people learn from the past or believe what we tell them?!

Overall though, it was a great tailgate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with CAS. It was a cluster how that was set up; probably the only hiccup. For some reason they had half the lot roped off.....

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to publicly thank the TOHBTC for always allowing me to stop by. You have always been gracious to my wife and and any other friend I may bring by.

Also..I just wanted to thank you guys for being a central meeting place. There were so many bisonvillers I wanted to meet this weekend, and it just seemd like a good meeting point. It was really cool meeting all of you that I did. Good to put faces with usernames. (I almost typed its good to put faces with handles...oops I did anyway)

Thanks again TOHBTC.

Edit...Forgot to thank Bisonnation11 for Getting Gully and his dad a ticket. Gully and I still owe you drinks sometime!

56BISON73
01-07-2013, 06:15 AM

Non now now you could be stepping on our resident experts toes.

gumby013
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM
While technically a video game video, this guy starts out with a 5 minute review of the NDSU tailgate from an outsider's perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzAokrGC2nI

tjamz
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
West lot was where it was at! Had a blast tailgating (and anchoring) the corner of the SHSU lot. A lot of good people were over there and I made some great friends. Like us, win/lose they came to party!!!

Also, a HUGE shout out to Burger Girl! Not only did they let me wash Das Boot over there... they ran it through their dishwasher, and filled it 5 times for us!

BisonNation11
01-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Edit...Forgot to thank Bisonnation11 for Getting Gully and his dad a ticket. Gully and I still owe you drinks sometime!

You guys owe me nothing. Seeing his dad enjoy the game, especially with my fiance, was all the payment I needed. Seriously had some allergies, or a cold, or whatever makes your eyes water after the game thinking about all the fun we had! It was great meeting both of you!