PDA

View Full Version : SDSU @ NDSU BISON

broke_back_mnt
11-16-2006, 12:37 AM
SDSU JACKS @ NDSU BISON*
Anybody thinking this game is a foregone conclusion is nutz. *I don't see any sign of this game on our board. *Jeff Kolpack said if we beat the Gophers at basketball it wouldn't even be an upset. *I say if we don't get serious about South Dakota State we can pack it in. *
The Jacks have a lot of momentum. *Probably even more than we do. *They lost a humbling game early. *Since then they have played every bit as good as The BISON. *Don't fool yourselves this is the best game of the year.
Here's the view from “20,000 feet”
1) *got to stop Watson and Koening. *Both are a real threat on the ground. *They need to stop Steffes and the BISON need Blincoe and Brower to step up big. *
2) *Walker has the states but Kardoes is winning too.
3) *NDSU has 4 premier receivers in Heckendorf, White, Steffes and Roehl. *The Jacks don't lead the league with anybody but look out for Johnson, Harris and Doblar. *They have a lot of targets too, and they beat the Aggies and Poly just like us.
4) *The big problem with the Jacks receivers is the yards they get. *These guys stretch the field.
5) *All of the NDSU backs are going to know Hubesh and Kranz. *Humber Myere and Dahl will have to step it up. *The Jacks have a nice host of secondary tacklers too. *Impressive to say the least.
On a man to man basis I would be surprised if The BISON won. *These guys are loaded. *I *don't have time to mention the rest of their standouts.
Where do The BISON shine?
TEAMWORK. *GET ER DONE!!!
AT field level it looks like The BISON.
They lead in almost every team statistic. *Often just overwhelming the Jacks in team stats. *Its not clear how The BISON are going to win this one but it wont be easy. * A team effort is needed. *The streak** doesn't help either.
*BISON win at home, no points. *Even game. *OVER/UNDER is 52.
** SDSU hasn't won in Fargo since Truman was Vice President

NDSUFREAK10
11-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Plus our conditioning. We have the strength to go all out the entire game without putting our hands on our waists.

SDSU has comeback in games, but we have the comeback king.......STEVE WALKER

No_Skill
11-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I'll say the same thing about this game as I did about the Poly game.

If both teams play to their full potential...NDSU wins.

heymch86
11-16-2006, 01:18 AM
JFK was president the last time SDSU won in Fago ;)

footballfan
11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
NDSUFREAK....

I know you are trying to get under our skin.....but don't think for 1 second that the Bison are in better condition than the Jacks. Both teams are in excellent condition, neither one is in better condition than the other. I hope we have the horsepower to win....but I will tell you one thing...The Jacks will not quit no matter what the score. I have a huge amount of respect for the Bison and there program. Hoping we all see a great game. Good Luck to both teams

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

NDSUFREAK10
11-16-2006, 01:49 AM
;D ;D ha, you are right. It is all in a rivalry.....(or i am trying my best to make it some smack but not doing my best) ;)

All I am saying is that the 5am workouts will be key in this final game.

Good game to you

sambini
11-16-2006, 01:57 AM
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SIDES AND LETS FILL UP THE FFD. BOTH TEAMS DESERVE IT. GO BISON+++

WhackedJack
11-16-2006, 01:59 AM
5AM workouts may come into play! So might the 5PM conditioning workouts in the afternoon. The Bison are not the only team to do this. By the way, how do you think the Jacks have won 7 in a row w/3 4th quarter comebacks. My boys will be ready to play on saturday. This should be a fun one to watch. See you in the Dome. THE JACKRABBIT MARCH IS ON. Jacks by 3.

NDSUFREAK10
11-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Well you better be ready for 100% of thunder!

1bizon1
11-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Sounds like this could/should be moved to the "Smack Board"....but, before it does, here goes.....SDSU has beat some good teams....NDSU has THUMPED some good teams! THUMPED.....thumper????the rabbit??? Get it jacks????? You're going to!!!!! You are going to get THUMPED!!!!! Deal with it and actually looking forward to tailgating with you as you are a GREAT buch of people.
But, the jacks will get THUMPED!!! Sorry, that's just the way things go sometimes.

ps. the Herd is a better coached and conditioned team

WhackedJack
11-16-2006, 02:20 AM
I agree that your team has a better coach/more money/more scholorships/better fans/same conditioning ,,,, BUT we will win this game. It is fate! Our progam and fans deserve it. See you in the tailgate lot. Hope you bring a bunch of PBR for us Jacks fans.

1bizon1
11-16-2006, 02:30 AM
I am glad that you took my 'post' the right way. It was all in fun and it seems that you took it that way. I hope that their are no injuries and the game is decided by the teams and not the officials. May the best team win, they have both had great seasons and yes, I just may have a few cold PBR's with me.

WhackedJack
11-16-2006, 02:35 AM
let me know where you will be and I will stop and have a cold one with you clark. Hell, I will even finish you half full can of PBR whilst you open a freshie. We plan on BW3 and then tailgate with anyone who will take us. Hope we dont get to much trouble-last year was a great time (except for the weather) Dont hack on my english skills, I was educated in South Dakota.

Gamehunter
11-16-2006, 02:57 AM
SDSU JACKS @ NDSU BISON*

Anybody thinking this game is a foregone conclusion is nutz. I don't see any sign of this game on our board. Jeff Kolpack said if we beat the Gophers at basketball it wouldn't even be an upset. I say if we don't get serious about South Dakota State we can pack it in.

The Jacks have a lot of momentum. Probably even more than we do. They lost a humbling game early. Since then they have played every bit as good as The BISON. Don't fool yourselves this is the best game of the year.

1) got to stop Watson and Koening. Both are a real threat on the ground. They need to stop Steffes and the BISON need Blincoe and Brower to step up big.

2) Walker has the states but Kardoes is winning too.

3) NDSU has 4 premier receivers in Heckendorf, White, Steffes and Roehl. The Jacks don't lead the league with anybody but look out for Johnson, Harris and Doblar. They have a lot of targets too, and they beat the Aggies and Poly just like us.

4) The big problem with the Jacks receivers is the yards they get. These guys stretch the field.

5) All of the NDSU backs are going to know Hubesh and Kranz. Humber Myere and Dahl will have to step it up. The Jacks have a nice host of secondary tacklers too. Impressive to say the least.

On a man to man basis I would be surprised if The BISON won. These guys are loaded. I don't have time to mention the rest of their standouts.

TEAMWORK. GET ER DONE!!!

They lead in almost every team statistic. Often just overwhelming the Jacks in team stats. Its not clear how The BISON are going to win this one but it wont be easy. A team effort is needed. The streak** doesn't help either.

*BISON win at home, no points. Even game. OVER/UNDER is 52.

JBB, honestly you give way to much credit to our opponents. SDSU is good for sure and I would like the odds for them against alot of oppenents around the country, but lets face it, they are far from a top 10 team on either side of the ball. NDSU has played better than anyone in the country. I can't say the Jacks wont win, but if they did it would be an enormous upset.

I can't wait for the game! It's going to be a blast. A sellout for sure and a classic to go down in the books!

ALPHAMALE
11-16-2006, 03:50 AM
SDSU JACKS @ NDSU BISON*

Anybody thinking this game is a foregone conclusion is nutz. I don't see any sign of this game on our board. Jeff Kolpack said if we beat the Gophers at basketball it wouldn't even be an upset. I say if we don't get serious about South Dakota State we can pack it in.

The Jacks have a lot of momentum. Probably even more than we do. They lost a humbling game early. Since then they have played every bit as good as The BISON. Don't fool yourselves this is the best game of the year.

1) got to stop Watson and Koening. Both are a real threat on the ground. They need to stop Steffes and the BISON need Blincoe and Brower to step up big.

3) NDSU has 4 premier receivers in Heckendorf, White, Steffes and Roehl. The Jacks don't lead the league with anybody but look out for Johnson, Harris and Doblar. They have a lot of targets too, and they beat the Aggies and Poly just like us.

4) The big problem with the Jacks receivers is the yards they get. These guys stretch the field.

5) All of the NDSU backs are going to know Hubesh and Kranz. Humber Myere and Dahl will have to step it up. The Jacks have a nice host of secondary tacklers too. Impressive to say the least.

On a man to man basis I would be surprised if The BISON won. These guys are loaded. I don't have time to mention the rest of their standouts.

TEAMWORK. GET ER DONE!!!

They lead in almost every team statistic. Often just overwhelming the Jacks in team stats. Its not clear how The BISON are going to win this one but it wont be easy. A team effort is needed. The streak** doesn't help either.

JBB, honestly you give way to much credit to our opponents. SDSU is good for sure and I would like the odds for them against alot of oppenents around the country, but lets face it, they are far from a top 10 team on either side of the ball. NDSU has played better than anyone in the country. I can't say the Jacks wont win, but if they did it would be an enormous upset.

I can't wait for the game! It's going to be a blast. A sellout for sure and a classic to go down in the books!

Whats wrong with saying the Jacks have more momentum? Has NDSU won 7 in a row? Then the Jacks have more momentum. I guess that NDSU must have more momentum though, because they're NDSU, and nobody has more of anything than them, right?

And they haven't played as well as the bison? Why, because they've beaten more ranked teams than the bison? Because most of the teams they've played have winning records? Because every close game they've played in, they've won? I'm really curious why the bison have been so much better than SDSU?

kchats
11-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Who is ranked #3? Who beat Ball State? Who dominated Minnesota only to lose on a blocked field goal? Who dominated Cal-Poly? Who is 9-1 soon to be 10-1? Who is playing at home? Bison win by at least 14.

NorCalJack
11-16-2006, 04:47 AM
So your ranked #3? Does that really mean anything? Do you get to start the game with the lead, before kickoff?

Lets keep things in perspective. Every week a top 10 team loses to a lower ranked or unranked team.

Will it be NDSU's turn to lose to a lower ranked team? Are they the top 10 team to go down this week?

Maybe, we will let the players decide.

Go Jacks!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

SDbison
11-16-2006, 05:44 AM
You Bunny fans are so full of it: NDSU has the advantage in so many areas. Unless the Bison give the Yakrabbits a chance in this game it will be a 2 to 3 touchdown margin of victory for the Bison. NDSU's advantages:
Fargodome
17,000 plus noisy NDSU fans
Better QB / leader
More offensive flexibility
Better Defense
Superior coaching
Better conditioning
Desire to win and finish in top 3 of polls
Dream on about a SDSU comeback in this game. By the second half the bunnies will be squashed on every play. Silly Rabbits!

Gamehunter
11-16-2006, 08:23 AM
SDSU JACKS @ NDSU BISON*

TEAMWORK. GET ER DONE!!!

Whats wrong with saying the Jacks have more momentum? Has NDSU won 7 in a row? Then the Jacks have more momentum. I guess that NDSU must have more momentum though, because they're NDSU, and nobody has more of anything than them, right?

And they haven't played as well as the bison? Why, because they've beaten more ranked teams than the bison? Because most of the teams they've played have winning records? Because every close game they've played in, they've won? I'm really curious why the bison have been so much better than SDSU?

keep believing your pipe dream. On Saturday reality will set in halfway through the 2nd quarter, just the way it did last year. I'm sure you guys can give our 2nd and 3rd stringers a decent game in the 2nd half since you are an improved team. Last year even the 2nd team moved the ball at will on the Jack's D.

tony
11-16-2006, 11:28 AM
So your ranked #3? *Does that really mean anything? *Do you get to start the game with the lead, before kickoff?

Lets keep things in perspective. *Every week a top 10 team loses to a lower ranked or unranked team.

Will it be NDSU's turn to lose to a lower ranked team? *Are they the top 10 team to go down this week?

Maybe, we will let the players decide.

Go Jacks!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

How dare you Bunny fans think you have a chance against the Mighty Bison! NDSU is better in every possible way and I hereby question your sanity (I am sending a PM with a link to commitment papers and I urge that you sign them immediately). This game is nothing but a formality, kind of like the christening of a boat (in this metaphor SDSU is the bottle of bubbly and the Border Marker is the boat and the woman swinging the bottle is Joe Mays in drag)! *

Leaving sarcasm mode now, three, two, one... sarcasm off.

Sure, I think NDSU will win: *Great Team + Home Field = Win (usually). OTOH, SDSU has just gotten better and better each week. Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that the winner of the NDSU and SDSU game would keep home both the Border Marker and the GWFC championship? Outstanding job by the SDSU players and coaching staff.

TAILG8R
11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I think it's great to read some actual feelings of rivalry in this thread. I mean this is what rivalries are supposed to be about. Mouthin' off, callin' names and kicking butt!

BisonCardinal
11-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Why won't we have another 41-17 blowout like last year? If you look at one of the big reasons we lost in 2004, he is gone and has been replaced by a QB that does not turn it over a lot or at critical times. A good number of the players that made it happen last year are still here with even more experience and strength.

My prediction:

NDSU - 35
SDSU - 14

8-)

jackrabbit1979
11-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Why won't we have another 41-17 blowout like last year? *If you look at one of the big reasons we lost in 2004, he is gone and has been replaced by a QB that does not turn it over a lot or at critical times. *A good number of the players that made it happen last year are still here with even more experience and strength. *

My prediction:

NDSU - 35
SDSU - 14

8-)

I forgot NDSU was the only team that can improve each year. ::)

BisonCardinal
11-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Glad to be able to remind you! :)

broke_back_mnt
11-16-2006, 03:42 PM
The only indication I have that might point to an "easy" game for The BISON is the difference in the Cal Poly scores. *SDSU didnt score 51 in their game but they did win and in an impressive come back fashion.

The Jacks are going to be a worthy opponent on Saturday. *Its true NDSU looks strong but SDSU doesnt have a top 20 ranking for nothing. *

Looking at their first 3 games you get the idea this might be easy. *Along the way they have played a weaker schedule when compared to the BISON. But, they have been winners in their past 7 games.

They remain a play off caliber team ranked in the top 20 with a lot of individual stand out talent. *They have motivation to win "The Marker", The GWFC title, break the streak and finish possibly in the top 10 with a win. *

The BISON are a strong football team. *I hope those predicting an easy day are right, but the Jacks will come for the full 4 qtrs. *I think the BISON are stronger and will win, but if it is by more than 1 TD or a FG its likely, at least in my opinion, that we will start fast and hang on or pull away at the end.

WhackedJack
11-16-2006, 05:13 PM
You guys are in trouble now. Chris Kelly picked you to win this weekend! He has been wrong about the BISON all year. Someone please PBRMEASAP!

WYOBISONMAN
11-16-2006, 05:45 PM
You guys are in trouble now. *Chris Kelly picked you to win this weekend! *He has been wrong about the BISON all year. *Someone please PBRMEASAP!

It does make me nervous that CK picked us.......that is like the kiss of death...... :D

bisoningrandforks
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Just wondering, Is this game not available via satalite? I was hoping to head to sliders again in fort collins to watch. thxs!!

tcbison
11-16-2006, 06:10 PM
You guys are in trouble now. *Chris Kelly picked you to win this weekend! *He has been wrong about the BISON all year. *Someone please PBRMEASAP!

It does make me nervous that CK picked us.......that is like the kiss of death...... :D

NO! I have been emailing Chris here and there throughout the season. Last week when he picked Cal Poly I was really happy and sent him an email about it before the game and afterwards thanking him.

Scooter
11-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Guys, I just don't see SDSU winning this game. *Every angle I look at, the Bison have the advantage.

* * * * * * * * * NDSU * SDSU
CK blessing X ------> x ;)
Home field * * * X
PPG * * * * * * * *X
Def PPG * * * * *X
Yards PG * * * * X
Yards allow * * *X
Penalties * * * * *X
TO ratio * * * * * X
O Line * * * * * * *X
TE/WR * * * * * * X
RB * * * * * * * * * X
QB * * * * * * * * * X
D Line * * * * * * *X
Linebackers * * *X
Secondary * * * *X
special team * * X
Record * * * * * * X
GPI * * * * * * * * *X
AGS poll * * * * * X
Saragin * * * * * *X
My grandma * * X
My dog * * * * * * X
ect, ect * * * * * * X

MRBISON
11-16-2006, 06:44 PM
"It does make me nervous that CK picked us.......that is like the kiss of death...... "

I would be more nervous if McFooley picked NDSU...when it comes to being wrong about NDSU nobody compares to him! ;D

tcbison
11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
NDSU should win, however it would really make the Jacks season if they won and it would be a huge disappointment for the Bison. I am sure Coach Bohl will have the boys ready to play.

Bisonguy
11-16-2006, 09:23 PM
"It does make me nervous that CK picked us.......that is like the kiss of death...... "

I would be more nervous if McFooley picked NDSU...when it comes to being wrong about NDSU nobody compares to him! ;D

I saw the Football Fling in The Forum today, and McFeely is dead last in the picks on the season. A guy from the Nodak store is in the lead.

BisonBacker
11-16-2006, 09:40 PM
You Bunny fans are so full of it: *NDSU has the advantage in so many areas. *Unless the Bison give the Yakrabbits a chance in this game it will be a 2 to 3 touchdown margin of victory for the Bison. *NDSU's advantages:
Fargodome
17,000 plus noisy NDSU fans
Better QB / leader
More offensive flexibility
Better Defense
Superior coaching
Better conditioning
Desire to win and finish in top 3 of polls
Dream on about a SDSU comeback in this game. *By the second half the bunnies will be squashed on every play. *Silly Rabbits!

Tricks are for kids ;D

JBNJBQ
11-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Guys, I just don't see SDSU winning this game. *Every angle I look at, the Bison have the advantage.

* * * * * * * * * NDSU * SDSU
CK blessing * * X ------> x *;)
Home field * * * X
PPG * * * * * * * *X
Def PPG * * * * *X
Yards PG * * * * X
Yards allow * * *X
Penalties * * * * *X
TO ratio * * * * * X
O Line * * * * * * *X
TE/WR * * * * * * X
RB * * * * * * * * * X
QB * * * * * * * * * X
D Line * * * * * * *X
Linebackers * * *X
Secondary * * * *X
special team * * X
Record * * * * * * X
GPI * * * * * * * * *X
AGS poll * * * * * X
Saragin * * * * * *X
My grandma * * X
My dog * * * * * * X
ect, ect * * * * * * X

Try looking at it from this angle:

http://www.argusleader.com/gallery/2004/sdsu_ndsu/images/5.jpg

BEWARE THE HARE......

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Bisonguy
11-16-2006, 10:53 PM
JBNJBQ-

Don't worry, you'll still be able to view it once the game is over.....

http://www.bisoninsider.com/images/2006_cp13.jpg

bisonfanforlife
11-17-2006, 12:28 AM
As long as we don't spot the Jacks a comfy lead like we have the last two weeks we shall be just fine. Yes, it should be a hard fought game both ways, rivalries tend to do that...look at two years ago! Anyways...as fans we do our part, and the team will do their part, BE LOUD!

Side note...so who is going to bring me some free food in the front of the student line???

ddaly15
11-17-2006, 12:38 AM
The only indication I have that might point to an "easy" game for The BISON is the difference in the Cal Poly scores. *SDSU didnt score 51 in their game but they did win and in an impressive come back fashion.

The Jacks are going to be a worthy opponent on Saturday. *Its true NDSU looks strong but SDSU doesnt have a top 20 ranking for nothing. *

Looking at their first 3 games you get the idea this might be easy. *Along the way they have played a weaker schedule when compared to the BISON. *But, they have been winners in their past 7 games.

They remain a play off caliber team ranked in the top 20 with a lot of individual stand out talent. *They have motivation to win "The Marker", The GWFC title, break the streak and finish possibly in the top 10 with a win. *

The BISON are a strong football team. *I hope those predicting an easy day are right, but the Jacks will come for the full 4 qtrs. *I think the BISON are stronger and will win, but if it is by more than 1 TD or a FG its likely, at least in my opinion, that we will start fast and hang on or pull away at the end.

I know you guy's have played 1 and a half 1A teams but besides that please tell me how you can think the bison schedule has been so much tougher than SDSU's. I don't know if you guys realized or not but you have played TWO teams the whole season with winning records. At one point in the season SDSU played seven straight ranked 1AA teams in a row, and five of those games were on the road.

NDSU's opponents have a combined record of 43-60

SDSU'S opponents have a combined record of 58-41

ranked 1AA opponents at time of game NDSU: 1 SDSU: 7

ranked 1AA teams beaten NDSU: 1 SDSU: 5

broke_back_mnt
11-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I didnt say this was going to be easy! But what in the world is William Penn? Isnt Central Ark. a transition team? How many scholies do they have? How about Penn?

http://statesmen.wmpenn.edu/

Man up. Its going to be a tough game!

Go BISON!!!

ddaly15
11-17-2006, 01:00 AM
aren't ndsu and sdsu transition teams! haha but to answer your question central arkansas is at 63 scholarships and are 7-3 this year...

TheBisonator
11-17-2006, 01:02 AM
aren't ndsu and sdsu transition teams! haha but to answer your question central arkansas is at 63 scholarships and are 7-3 this year...

And NDSU is at 63 scholarships and is 9-1 this year. What's your point??

ddaly15
11-17-2006, 01:06 AM
JBB asked how many scholarships central arkansas has... so I told him...

broke_back_mnt
11-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Hey ddaly15, thanks for the info on Cent. Ark. My post was an attempt to rebut the weak schedule argument coming from some SDSU fans. Cent Ark has been very respectable in their first year of transition.

I have no doubt this game is going to be deserving of the 19,000 that appear to be headed for the Fabulous Fargo Dome. I start my trek early Sat. morning. It could be a classic.

Talk about playoffs. This will be a playoff atmosphere, a bowl game if you wish!

Im taking a moment to welcome all the Jacks fans to a great a football game in Fargo. The Red Carpet is out for a team we have been battling for 100 years. I dont know the circumstances surrounding the other games, but this might just be the biggest game we have ever played!

Go BISON!!!

Bisonguy
11-17-2006, 01:20 AM

Ummm. yeah. Better check who some of UCA's wins are from:
Henderson State
South Dakota
Southern Arkansas
Augustana

Are they really a DI team this year??

Over half their wins are over DII teams. ::) :-?

ddaly15
11-17-2006, 01:56 AM
yeah I am not saying that Central Arkansas is a great team just stating what they are... and that's a pretty good first year d1aa team...

Bisonguy
11-17-2006, 02:23 AM
yeah I am not saying that Central Arkansas is a great team just stating what they are... and that's a pretty good first year d1aa team...

First year, yes. Beyond that, no. A close win over one of the two worst Gateway teams, a pair of close wins over two Southland teams, and a butt-whooping at the hands of UC-Davis. Not exactly turning the I-AA world upside down.

kchats
11-17-2006, 03:35 AM
NDSU played 6 games on the road in a 7 game span. They played at Ball State, Stephen F. Austin, Georgia Southern and Minnesota. They returned home for homecoming and played Mississippi Valley State for Homecoming. They then went on the road to SUU, UCD and finally returned home to play Cal-Poly. Tell me how that is an easy schedule. When you beat somebody it generally makes their record worse. SDSU will have another loss on their record after the game Saturday does that make the Bison's win any less impressive? ;)

DenverBison05
11-17-2006, 05:11 AM
I know you guy's have played 1 and a half 1A teams but besides that please tell me how you can think the bison schedule has been so much tougher than SDSU's. I don't know if you guys realized or not but you have played TWO teams the whole season with winning records. At one point in the season SDSU played seven straight ranked 1AA teams in a row, and five of those games were on the road.

ranked 1AA opponents at time of game NDSU: 2 * * SDSU: 7

ranked 1AA teams beaten NDSU: 2 SDSU: 5

Corrected your quote, even though it doesnt make that much of a difference. *GSU was ranked #21 when we played them. Tells how accurate polls are ;D

NDSUFREAK10
11-17-2006, 01:09 PM
It's going to be hard for an sdsu defense to stop a rushing game that got 324 yards against a Cal Poly defense that dropped them to be ranked 28th in 1AA. Cal Poly has a good defense because of the way they stopped montana, but we have an even better running game.

Bisonguy
11-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Corrected your quote, even though it doesnt make that much of a difference. *GSU was ranked #21 when we played them. Tells how accurate polls are ;D

I wonder how many teams each school has played that are still ranked in the polls?

bisonaudit
11-17-2006, 09:00 PM

I wonder how many teams each school has played that are still ranked in the polls?

Sagarin SOS numbers:

Out of 122 I-AA teams, SDSU is 16 in SOS, NDSU is 19th.

Other teams over .500 w/ a tougher schedules: Maine (6-4) 2nd, Cal Poly (6-4) 3rd, Portland St (7-4) 5th, Youngstown St (9-2) 9th, Central Arkansas (7-3) 17th.

Notable teams w/ weaker schedules: UMass (9-1) 20th, Montana (9-1) 24th, Southern Ill. (7-3) 25th, New Hampshire (7-3) 27th, James Madison (8-2) 29th, Appalachian St. (10-1) 42nd, Princeton (8-1) 52nd, Hampton (10-1) 100th, Charlestown Southern (9-1) 101st, Monmouth (10-1) 112th, San Diego (10-0) 116th.

There is no undefeated or 1 loss team that has played a tougher schedule than us, There is 1, 2 loss team that has. Schedule strength is comparable with or better than (significantly in the case of Appalachian St.) than the teams polling near the top of I-AA.

bisonaudit
11-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I should probably read the entire quote before I quote it.

My arguement isn't that NDSU has played a more difficult schedule than SDSU, they're effectively the same (SDSU's slightly better).

My brain read this as another general 'NDSU hasn't played anybody' slap, which isn't true, but upon re-reading, it's also not what this thread is about.

WhackedJack
11-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Leaving for the Fargo right now. See u suckers at the FFD! jacks win,jacks win, oh my golly jacks win.

Gamehunter
11-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I-AA lines just came out and NDSU is currently a 16.5pt favorite for Saturday's game. That is about what I thought it would be.

ddaly15
11-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah 16.5 is pretty good... that's a ton closer to reality then some of you physco's have been predicting!

sambini
11-17-2006, 10:39 PM
ONE IS JUST AS GOOD AS TWENTY IN A BISON VICTORY. DDALY 15 RELATED TO MIKE?

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I-AA lines just came out and NDSU is currently a 16.5pt favorite for Saturday's game. *That is about what I thought it would be.

A co-worker and I agreed upon 17 before the line came out. I came back to him about 5 minutes later and said screw that, I don't need 17 points and neither do the Jacks. Told him we'd play it even (he's giving 5:1 odds though).

Gamehunter
11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
well, the line IS NOT determined by how they think the teams will match up or what the score will be. The line is determined by what they need to set it at in order to have equal bets on either side of the line. True story. I think a line of 16.5 is probably about right, but the margin of victory is going to be larger. 8-)

broke_back_mnt
11-17-2006, 11:49 PM
at 16.5 Im probably taking SDSU and cheering for The BISON. *Its a big spread and can be taken advantage of. *NDSU will win but I like the way it was presented (not the fact but the form) in another thread by another blogger:

NDSU route: *15%
NDSU yawner: *30%
SDSU yawner: *5%
SDSU route: *5%
Great Game in question till the end: *45%

No_Skill
11-17-2006, 11:54 PM
That other blogger would be me in the thread "9-1....One Game at a Time....SDSU Predictions?" page 2.

35% Bison blow out SDSU
48% Bison win close game
15% SDSU wins close game
2% *SDSU blows out Bison

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Bison blow-out: 55%
Close bison win: 35%
Rabbit blow-out: 9%
close SDSU win: 1%

broke_back_mnt
11-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Right now then we are lookin at the possibility of a great game ranging from 35% - 48%. To me thats a great chance for a great game! ;D ;D

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
To me, an NDSU blowout at home to win the marker and the conference is a great game. I'll definitely take it.

1bizon1
11-18-2006, 01:02 AM
SDSU has beaten some good teams, no doubt....

BUT, NDSU has THUMPED some good teams!!!

NDSU will THUMP the thumpers (your jackrabbit looks like thumper)

and after a thorough @$$ kicking tomorrow, SDSU will feel like a bunch of 'jills'

sorry, but thats the way it goes....have a safe/sad trip home....

ddaly15
11-18-2006, 01:58 AM
ONE IS JUST AS GOOD AS TWENTY IN A BISON VICTORY. DDALY 15 RELATED TO MIKE?

yes sir...

sambini
11-18-2006, 02:47 AM
One fine coach here at NDSU and st SDSU++++

broke_back_mnt
11-18-2006, 02:58 AM
A couple Jacks fans and some NDSU fans, this game aint over yet. *We still have to play it.

If The BISON route, or control all day at least, your right, BISON win BIG!!! *The bigger the route the greater The BISON team. *

The results of this game are going to help a lot as a measuring stick. *How great are The BISON? * Compare them to the past. *This game is a barometer. *Its one of our few chances to prove we can beat a top 20 team. *

Weak schedule? *The Jacks are on it!! lol

GO BISON!!!!

KidDakota
11-18-2006, 03:06 AM
So your saying the SDSU has same chance that NDSU had going into the Minnesota game, correct ????? Well I guess we seen how that played out, the Gophers got lucky.

You forgot a couple factors
1. OVER-Confidence Factor.
2. Rival Factor - Throw your stats and everything else out the window, it will boil down to who wants it more

Plus NDSU is favored, SDSU has nothing to lose, so the pressure is on the Bison.

GOOD LUCK TO THE BISON, should be an exciting game

NDSUFREAK10
11-18-2006, 03:22 AM
So your saying the SDSU has same chance that NDSU had going into the Minnesota game, correct ????? Well I guess we seen how that played out, the Gophers got lucky.

2. Rival Factor - Throw your stats and everything else out the window, it will boil down to who wants it more

Plus NDSU is favored, SDSU has nothing to lose, so the pressure is on the Bison.

We seen it, we seen it, we really seen it??
FYI, we SAW

TAILG8R
11-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Tickets

I need a few more GA tickets for the game and I am assuming the ticket office is not open tomorrow.

What is the earliest I can get tickets at the dome?

sway1331
11-18-2006, 04:42 AM
I believe someone said Stop n Go sells GA tickets. Not sure but might be worth a call in the AM if the Fargodome doesn't have a window open all day.

Bisonguy
11-18-2006, 04:58 AM
I believe someone said Stop n Go sells GA tickets. *Not sure but might be worth a call in the AM if the Fargodome doesn't have a window open all day.

Stop-N-Go does sell them, but I wouldn't doubt if they were out. They usually only have so many GA tickets.

Worth a try, but why wait till morning? Isn't Stop-N-Go open 24 hours?

sambini
11-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Call 701-231-ndsu and the ticket office is open I believe at the Dome on saturday. Check it out we need as many people as possible+++

Jacks02
11-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Can't you just order your tickets online still? I got mine on Wednesday night from gobison.com

1bizon1
11-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Ticket office, at the dome, opens at 1pm Saturday....

you may want to be there right away, just in case...

Gamehunter
11-18-2006, 03:26 PM
anybody know the maximum number of tickets that can be sold? I am not sure what % over stadium capacity they will allow.

ndsubison
11-18-2006, 03:57 PM
I have no doubt that the Jacks will be ready to play. In fact, I expect a high-scoring game with some nice theatrical highlights. A vicious hit by Ramon Humber takes Kardoes out of the game and the Bison take a 35-28 lead in the 3rd qtr. After that, the Bison hold on to win 42-28. Best of luck to SDSU but they are walking into a hornets nest today and the infamous "Fargo Drought" continues.

GO BISON!!
Shoulda beat those damn Gophers >:(

kchats
11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
So your saying the SDSU has same chance that NDSU had going into the Minnesota game, correct ????? *Well I guess we seen how that played out, the Gophers got lucky.

Not the same thing at all. Minnesota was not playing well when the Bison played them and the fans and local media had turned on Coach Mason. The Minnesota media actually gave NDSU a chance to win but Fargo media said the Bison don't stand a chance because Minnesota is division I-A.

NDSU is playing great football and is strong in all three areas, offense, defense and special teams. Bison lead the nation in 3rd down conversion percentage which means the offense stays on the field and the defense stays off the field and is very fresh.

broke_back_mnt
11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Its the tail of the tape. *SDSU controlled the stats. *The BISON out rushed and had time of possession. *Thats it! *The Jacks had everything else. *Play of the game was Whites return. *This game was no where near over until then. *
What impressed me about the Jacks was their physical strength. *They used the Down and out very effectively and set up some big plays with it. *They have a patient running game and execute well. *Very deserving of their top 15 ranking.
It played out much like I thought it would. *In the end we pulled out a bit possibly giving the impression the game wasn't as close and filled with drama as it was. *The crowd stayed in it all night, they had too. *It wasn't until the last 5 minutes that it was looking good for The BISON.
Lots of folks stayed for the presentations and the Jacks got a nice hand as they left the stadium. *I know as they filed out we were all yelling great game! *Cant wait till next year in Brookings. *Hope this global warming thing keeps the weather nice like it was this year. *Its the last game next year tool *
*It had a special feeling from the moment I opened the car door. *We parked over at BWW. *Wanted a quick brew before we went in. *We could hear the roar from the tailgate lot way over there. *Here we go BISON, here we go accompanied by the general din of what was obviously a huge party! *NICE JOB *BISON FANS!!!! ;D ;D ;D