PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Yard Rusher Streak

HandoEX
12-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Both Crockett (956) and Ojuri (955) are within striking distance of 1,000 yards for the season. This should be the 10th straight season NDSU has had a1,000 yard running back and the 2nd straight year with two 1,000 yard rushers. Impressive feat! Go Bison!!!

KTF
12-26-2012, 02:06 AM
If they can both get around 100 yards on the nc game not only would it a great year but I like the winning chances in nc game as well.

WRSDBison
12-26-2012, 02:41 AM
If they can both get around 100 yards on the nc game not only would it a great year but I like the winning chances in nc game as well.

I think if they can get 150 between the two of them we'll have a good chance. I think Brock will be around 50 as well.

westnodak93bison
12-26-2012, 03:01 AM
I think if they can get 150 between the two of them we'll have a good chance. I think Brock will be around 50 as well.

Agree. However, I think one of the three could get a big game changing run in the natty. I'm still banking on JC. He is on the verge. One BIG difference between this year and last year is that BJ is much more of a running threat than last year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ndsubison1
12-26-2012, 03:03 AM
Both Crockett (956) and Ojuri (955) are within striking distance of 1,000 yards for the season. This should be the 10th straight season NDSU has had a1,000 yard running back and the 2nd straight year with two 1,000 yard rushers. Impressive feat! Go Bison!!!

gonna be tough against one of the best fcs rush defenses

stevdock
12-26-2012, 01:36 PM
gonna be tough against one of the best fcs rush defenses

What type of defense do they play again?? Also have they played against any big time backs and how did that RB do against them?

A1pigskin
12-26-2012, 01:38 PM
If they are hungary enough they could get it.

bri-dog
12-26-2012, 03:07 PM
If they are hungary enough they could get it.

Maybe they'll even catch some passes if Brock will czech down...

Civil06
12-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe they'll even catch some passes if Brock will czech down...

That would make their defense look downright Turkish.

HerdBot
12-26-2012, 03:13 PM

cool stat but I'd rather have a national championship streak
crazy though... within' 1 yard of each other

NDSU '96
12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
What type of defense do they play again?? Also have they played against any big time backs and how did that RB do against them?Probably most impressive to me is they didn't allow a 100yd rusher vs Cal Poly. Deonte Williams is #10 rusher in FCS at 125ypg; Sam held him to 59yds on 13 carries. Pretty good overall vs an option offense, and a program the Bison have battled with in the past (otherwise I wouldn't give them much credit vs bsc competition).

Sam also held Johnny Football just under his ypg passing avg (avg 285/267 vs sam) and just over his rush avg (98ypg avg/100yds vs sam). A very solid job vs the heisman winner IMHO.

They are a good defense. Points were at a premium last year, and they probably will be again.

northendzone
12-26-2012, 04:23 PM
That is impressive, very balanced!

BisonNation11
12-26-2012, 04:33 PM
What type of defense do they play again?? Also have they played against any big time backs and how did that RB do against them?

They play a TON of man coverage on receivers leaving the linebackers and safeties to help in run support. I would plan on seeing a lot of this, daring us to beat them with the pass. As shown by EWU, you can make passes if you allow your receivers to make plays. Their corners are very solid however. I'm hoping we spread them out and that the Rams, TE's and FB's can get it done in the trenches. Brock's ability to run should be a HUGE key to this game.

heffray
12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Probably most impressive to me is they didn't allow a 100yd rusher vs Cal Poly. Deonte Williams is #10 rusher in FCS at 125ypg; Sam held him to 59yds on 13 carries. Pretty good overall vs an option offense, and a program the Bison have battled with in the past (otherwise I wouldn't give them much credit vs bsc competition).

Sam also held Johnny Football just under his ypg passing avg (avg 285/267 vs sam) and just over his rush avg (98ypg avg/100yds vs sam). A very solid job vs the heisman winner IMHO.

They are a good defense. Points were at a premium last year, and they probably will be again.

That is very impressive. Why are we just hearing about their defense now? Is it because ours is so good, or did it have something to do with the second half against EWU?

stevdock
12-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Thats right I have seen SHSU play this season. Looked great on defense the first half but alot of that was due to constant pressure on the QB. Once the pressure was picked up, EWU shredded their defense. When the Rams pick up the blitzer I expect Brock to make the plays. I was not impressed with their corners at all and could see Smith and Vraa having big games running free in their secondary. Neither one of those two are the complete package like EWU's #1 WR but both have the same receiving potential.

NDSU '96
12-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Thats right I have seen SHSU play this season. Looked great on defense the first half but alot of that was due to constant pressure on the QB. Once the pressure was picked up, EWU shredded their defense. When the Rams pick up the blitzer I expect Brock to make the plays. I was not impressed with their corners at all and could see Smith and Vraa having big games running free in their secondary. Neither one of those two are the complete package like EWU's #1 WR but both have the same receiving potential.Both guys average under 50yds/game receiving. I mean this with no purple font-what do we consider them "having big games running free in their secondary"?

Gully
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Their defense scares me. We're going to have to make them pay for all the man coverage or it's going to be tough to run the ball.

BisonNation11
12-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Their defense scares me. We're going to have to make them pay for all the man coverage or it's going to be tough to run the ball.

Agreed! Other than the Veldman pass and the DJ screen, can anyone remember a pass play that went for any significant amount of yards? If the passing game doesn't get going, we're going to have to rely on the D again to score.

Gully
12-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I think Ryan Smith had one pretty nice gain on one of the first two drives but you're right, there wasn't much outside of 3-4 plays

ndsubison1
12-26-2012, 07:31 PM
That is very impressive. Why are we just hearing about their defense now? Is it because ours is so good, or did it have something to do with the second half against EWU?

shsu has been over looked pretty much this whole season due to their early season loss to CArk and two more losses. people assumed they werent better or as good as last season even though their other two losses were to baylor and A&M

THEsocalledfan
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I think Ryan Smith had one pretty nice gain on one of the first two drives but you're right, there wasn't much outside of 3-4 plays

Oh, do we need Vraa to have a big game, not to mention we need a couple big gainers to the TE's as they hose the LB in coverage.

Hammerhead
12-26-2012, 07:46 PM
From the box score:

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
----------------------------------------
McNorton,DJ 2 35 1 39
Smith,Ryan 2 29 0 15
Holloway,Warren 2 15 0 13
Veldman,Matt 1 29 0 29
Lang,Derrick 1 6 0 6
Bruhn,Garrett 1 6 0 6
Grothmann,Andrew 1 0 0 0
Totals... 10 120 1 39

Agreed! Other than the Veldman pass and the DJ screen, can anyone remember a pass play that went for any significant amount of yards? If the passing game doesn't get going, we're going to have to rely on the D again to score.

stevdock
12-27-2012, 01:20 AM
If they play one on one on the outside we've got to make them pay for it. Brock to Vraa deep has got to connect. That connects once and then we will probably be able to run any other route needed, which will then open up the running lanes to a win. Just one play like the early season bomb to Vraa and carry the defender into the end zone with him.

1998braves64
12-27-2012, 01:38 AM

Grant Olson Pick to SHSU 1 yard line? :)

Ooops I mean Travis Beck...

IzzyFlexion
12-29-2012, 02:17 AM
College football record for an over/under.................4?