PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices appear to be dropping

HerdBot
12-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Edit: 150 tickets below 175 and most in the $140 range

kab1one
12-25-2012, 05:31 PM
If you watching the ticket exchange where the one guy was saying how the price would be going up, part of the equation he is missing is demand. He was projecting demand to increase, but his market in this case is 1,000 miles away. They won't come to Frisco without tickets. And they won't buy tickets until the price come down. Also there is the value of time, the less time available the smaller window he has to sell. The reason is people need time to plan. Its out like being in Minneapolis and at the last minute decide to go to the Vikings /Packer game sunday because its close (day trip versus a multi day trip), so people buying tickets next week might have to make plans as well. That is harder to do then driving to a game in the city you live or a few hours down the road.

unbison
12-25-2012, 05:37 PM
If you watching the ticket exchange where the one guy was saying how the price would be going up, part of the equation he is missing is demand. He was projecting demand to increase, but his market in this case is 1,000 miles away. They won't come to Frisco without tickets. And they won't buy tickets until the price come down. Also there is the value of time, the less time available the smaller window he has to sell. The reason is people need time to plan. Its out like being in Minneapolis and at the last minute decide to go to the Vikings /Packer game sunday because its close (day trip versus a multi day trip), so people buying tickets next week might have to make plans as well. That is harder to do then driving to a game in the city you live or a few hours down the road.
this is all true.....i dont see tickets going down to 50 dollars either if that is what people are waiting for before making travel arrangements i think they are dreaming

kab1one
12-25-2012, 05:50 PM
this is all true.....i dont see tickets going down to 50 dollars either if that is what people are waiting for before making travel arrangements i think they are dreaming

The last tickets sold by the ncaa were for 45 bucks I believe, I don't see going below that. The tickets on ebay people are offering 75 a ticket. So the price is probably around a $100. If you saw the other board, the seller I think both gabe and I are referring is wanting $400 a ticket and expecting them to go higher. Highest I heard anyone pay for tickets is $200 a piece, and alcohol was involved.

Hammerhead
12-25-2012, 05:50 PM
If you want a comparison from last year, we bought a pair of end zone tickets (row 6) for $130 each a few hours after we won the semifinal game and I started reading about tickets going fast.

kab1one
12-25-2012, 05:55 PM
If you want a comparison from last year, we bought a pair of end zone tickets (row 6) for $130 each a few hours after we won the semifinal game and I started reading about tickets going fast.\

Some one bought end zone for 125 the other night.

HerdBot
12-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Everyone will pay more just not $300 closer to $150

CaBisonFan
12-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Prices on Stub Hub are hanging in there pretty high...but I bet by the weekend they'll drop a lot.

BisonCardinal
12-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Last year as I was walking into the stadium with my tickets in my pocket, I asked a scalper what he was asking and he said $50. Looked to be 3 or 4 of the scalper types hanging around the gate I used.

Bottom line is you should be easily able to get tickets for under $100, just be there.

SamsRams
12-26-2012, 03:21 AM
havent seen a ticket sell on ebay in over a day

A1pigskin
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Allow time for shipping.

GPSIT
12-26-2012, 02:01 PM
It appears SHS didn't take their full allotment of tickets or are putting them on Stubhub to sell for more $ as there are tickets available in Sections 102-104. This will be a Bison home game.

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Allow time for shipping.

This will probably have them dropping by the weekend.

bisonhp330
12-26-2012, 02:27 PM
It appears SHS didn't take their full allotment of tickets or are putting them on Stubhub to sell for more $ as there are tickets available in Sections 102-104. This will be a Bison home game.

it's because they are embarrassed to come the 150 miles and be the visiting team to someone 1000 miles away....they would rather just stay home and look at the floor in shame. :facepalm:

Tatanka
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
It appears SHS didn't take their full allotment of tickets or are putting them on Stubhub to sell for more $ as there are tickets available in Sections 102-104. This will be a Bison home game.They used their full allotment of tickets. Many tickets in several sections were sold well in advance of the schools getting their allotment.

That said, this will indeed be a Bison home game, no doubt about it.

HerdBot
12-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Now there are a ton of seats below $120... Even a pair for $90

SamsRams
12-28-2012, 10:44 PM
They used their full allotment of tickets. Many tickets in several sections were sold well in advance of the schools getting their allotment.

That said, this will indeed be a Bison home game, no doubt about it.

They sold tickets out of their allotment to the general public. I know of Bison fans who bought tickets thru SHSU's allotment. So to say THEY used their full allotment can be a bit misleading although it is true

Tatanka
12-28-2012, 11:06 PM
They sold tickets out of their allotment to the general public. I know of Bison fans who bought tickets thru SHSU's allotment. So to say THEY used their full allotment can be a bit misleading although it is trueVery true, I heard the same thing LOL but couldn't substantiate it. :D

EndZoneQB
12-28-2012, 11:13 PM
We have two in our row to get rid of too...they aren't "my" tickets but they are in our group.

loudsilverado
12-29-2012, 12:33 AM
We have two in our row to get rid of too...they aren't "my" tickets but they are in our group.

Dude, sell those tickets to Bison fans, quit being a scam artist and selling for $200 each.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Dude, sell those tickets to Bison fans, quit being a scam artist and selling for $200 each.

1. They aren't mine.
2. You have no idea what we paid for them...they weren't cheap when we bought them BEFORE the hype because of location. They aren't row 27 tickets like most people are selling.
3. They aren't mine.

loudsilverado
12-29-2012, 04:03 AM
1. They aren't mine.
2. You have no idea what we paid for them...they weren't cheap when we bought them BEFORE the hype because of location. They aren't row 27 tickets like most people are selling.
3. They aren't mine.

Well, you are offering them for $200 apiece, I doubt you are taking a hit on them, I'd also bet money that LakesHuman is involved somehow. His FB status' seems to be offering tickets for sale daily anywhere from $1,000 to $100 depending on (my opinion) the time of night he posts and how many cocktails he has had.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Well, you are offering them for $200 apiece, I doubt you are taking a hit on them, I'd also bet money that LakesHuman is involved somehow. His FB status' seems to be offering tickets for sale daily anywhere from $1,000 to $100 depending on (my opinion) the time of night he posts and how many cocktails he has had.

I guarantee it has nothing to do with your boy lakes. This is 100% within my group. Some relatives backed out on it, and if you noticed, I didn't list a price on here. I know what is into to them, and it's not cheap by any means...and we are gauging. There's a reason we always sit row 1 at every away game we attend. To some, it's worth more, and at this point, it's not liquidating time. Obviously, we'd give preference to bville members because they know what they are getting into sitting next to us.

Don't be so butt hurt.

56BISON73
12-29-2012, 04:43 AM
I guarantee it has nothing to do with your boy lakes. This is 100% within my group. Some relatives backed out on it, and if you noticed, I didn't list a price on here. I know what is into to them, and it's not cheap by any means...and we are gauging. There's a reason we always sit row 1 at every away game we attend. To some, it's worth more, and at this point, it's not liquidating time. Obviously, we'd give preference to bville members because they know what they are getting into sitting next to us.

Don't be so butt hurt.

I gotta ask. Why do you always sit in row 1?::biggrin:

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 05:04 AM
I gotta ask. Why do you always sit in row 1?::biggrin:

Started a tradition...gotta keep it going! Undefeated when we are Row 1. Plus, I like to talk a lot of crap to players. And fans. All game long. But, in all honesty, it's really pretty clean trash I talk...I just never stop the mouth running. I like hollering at players...I've learned a few "techniques" in my day :biggrin: Security at CSU was giving me crap for yelling players names(weren't mad, they just were messing with me because i was rather effective..ask Alexander :))...my job there was done :biggrin:

runtheoption
12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Started a tradition...gotta keep it going! Undefeated when we are Row 1. Plus, I like to talk a lot of crap to players. And fans. All game long. But, in all honesty, it's really pretty clean trash I talk...I just never stop the mouth running. I like hollering at players...I've learned a few "techniques" in my day :biggrin: Security at CSU was giving me crap for yelling players names(weren't mad, they just were messing with me because i was rather effective..ask Alexander :))...my job there was done :biggrin:

Dime, dime, quarter, buck? Alphabet?

A1pigskin
12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Dime, dime, quarter, buck? Alphabet?

Somebody has to get into the players head. I've seen it done with kickers, and punters screwing up.

VanClubPres
12-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Agreed. Once you have been flipped of by a player FROM THE FEILD, You have succeeded.

runtheoption
12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Somebody has to get into the players head. I've seen it done with kickers, and punters screwing up.

Not sure if you understood what I was getting at, if I am missing your sarcasm, or I missed your joke?

EndZoneQB
12-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Agreed. Once you have been flipped of by a player FROM THE FEILD, You have succeeded.

Exactly. I don't even need the finger...it's all about acknowledgement. Once they hear you, they are disconnected from the game.

GOB1SON
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Endzone tickets on the Hub now for $65, sidelines available for under a hundo. Plus there is what, about a 100 tickets on Bisonville right now, many at face?

I bow down to the magnificent knowledge of IndyBison... Truly he is a savant when it comes to scalping sports tickets.

Cheers! :cheers::judges:

Gully
01-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Endzone tickets on the Hub now for $65, sidelines available for under a hundo. Plus there is what, about a 100 tickets on Bisonville right now, many at face?

I bow down to the magnificent knowledge of IndyBison... Truly he is a savant when it comes to scalping sports tickets.

Cheers! :cheers::judges:

Well I bet Indy's been called a lot of things, but this may be the first time he's been called a savant.

IndyBison
01-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Well I bet Indy's been called a lot of things, but this may be the first time he's been called a savant.

Not a savant. Just experienced in buying tickets on the secondary market and seeing what happened last year. Some events will draw 3-4x face value but this shouldn't be one of them. Premiums should only exist if you want a specific seat and it's not readily available (i.e. row 1 or 50-yard line or a large or odd quantity together).

IndyBison
01-06-2013, 03:10 AM
Out of curiosity (and to help everyone for next year):

How many people ate extra tickets?
How many people sold tickets for less than they paid?
How many people bought cheap tickets at the game this morning?

1998braves64
01-06-2013, 03:17 AM

My guess is a lot more than last year... there seemed to be way more available this year in the week prior to the game than I remember last year.

missingnumber7
01-06-2013, 04:02 AM
I thought it looked fuller this year but maybe that was because it so much more dominant bison colors and shush looked like 3 or 4 sections.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-06-2013, 04:16 AM
There was a block of empty seats on the SHSU side. It looked like a few empty seats scattered throughout the stadium. A shame, really. There were a lot of Bison fans who stayed home because they thought they wouldn't be able to get tickets.

The stadium itself, looked more full last year. IMO.

Wally
01-06-2013, 01:02 PM

We had 2 extra only because our favorite seller on here accepted a lowball bid for 2 of the front row tix he was asking $300+. When I say lowball, I mean LOWBALL:).