PDA

View Full Version : Sioux City Reminder

SDSUAlum08
12-25-2012, 01:29 PM
There are still speeding traps there. Do not speed going through or you'll receive a ticket in the mail! I've gotten a couple of them.

Merry Christmas and safe travels to Frisco.

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Wheres the cheapest diesel in south dakota for our bus? :biggrin:

perthbison
12-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Wheres the cheapest diesel in south dakota for our bus? :biggrin:For best results, burn straight 2 diesel and dump the powerfuels antigel-(white container) half way through the fill. Use 1 and a half times the recommended amount per fill til you get further south.

Gilley
12-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Yup, got one of those bastards on the way back from Frisco last year... Thought I got away without one then I think middle to end of March I get one in the mail from Arizona lol

A1pigskin
12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know if your within 4 mph over the limit, if you'll be ok?

SDSUAlum08
12-30-2012, 04:47 AM
Does anyone know if your within 4 mph over the limit, if you'll be ok?

Yes you'll be fine. But I drive slow going through there. Once you see the camera on your way through you're good to go the rest of the way through town. Sioux City sucks.

MNLonghorn10
12-30-2012, 04:52 AM
my favorite part of sioux city is the wait until the stench from the package plant hits you like a ton of bricks...usually around the time you pass that big bridge.

It is a shithole. EZQB defends it, saying its a sweet town.

BisonNation11
12-30-2012, 04:53 AM
my favorite part of sioux city is the wait until the stench from the package plant hits you like a ton of bricks...usually around the time you pass that big bridge.

It is a shithole. EZQB defends it, saying its a sweet town.

It's probably where they make that sushi he keeps raving about. lol! :hungry:

bri-dog
12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
It's probably where they make that sushi he keeps raving about. lol! :hungry:

Siouxshi City? :rimshot:

A1pigskin
12-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Someone has to make manure............

NDSU1980
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM

It is a shithole. EZQB defends it, saying its a sweet town.I just assume that anything that has/had sioux in the name is basically a shithole, if you know what I mean.

KSBisonFan
01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
FYI, there are now 2 radar cameras in Sioux City.....1 in the north bound AND southbound lanes. The one in the southbound lane is right where the speed limit drops from 60 down to 55....just past Dakota Dunes. The Northbound lane has a camera on the curve right by the John Morrell plant.

Also, as a sidenote....if you're driving in KS you can't stay in the left lane the whole time. Our law says you have to move over for faster traffic or you'll get a ticket. Just saying this because there was a ND vehicle driving in the left lane from Holton all the way to Topeka. Travel safely everyone.

EndZoneQB
01-02-2013, 10:18 PM
FYI, there are now 2 radar cameras in Sioux City.....1 in the north bound AND southbound lanes. The one in the southbound lane is right where the speed limit drops from 60 down to 55....just past Dakota Dunes. The Northbound lane has a camera on the curve right by the John Morrell plant.

Also, as a sidenote....if you're driving in KS you can't stay in the left lane the whole time. Our law says you have to move over for faster traffic or you'll get a ticket. Just saying this because there was a ND vehicle driving in the left lane from Holton all the way to Topeka. Travel safely everyone.

So annoying when people drive in the left lane AND not driving faster than everyone else.

BadlandsBison
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
So annoying when people drive in the left lane AND not driving faster than everyone else.

That's how I make friends, everyone waves at me

EndZoneQB
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
That's how I make friends, everyone waves at me

One finger wave I'd assume?

missingnumber7
01-03-2013, 12:44 AM

Also, as a sidenote....if you're driving in KS you can't stay in the left lane the whole time. Our law says you have to move over for faster traffic or you'll get a ticket. Just saying this because there was a ND vehicle driving in the left lane from Holton all the way to Topeka. Travel safely everyone.Im pretty sure they got a GSA vehicle going through there in NOV