PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas & I wish I was going to Frisco

Pards Rule
12-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Hello and happy holidays. I of course planned for a return visit to Frisco but unfortunately my dad who has lung cancer (and never smoked), well they took him off chemo and arranged hospice to come into the home. This will be our last Christmas with him. So with the circumstances, a return trip (this year) is out of the question. But he did his wonderment smile when I told him Bisonland (essentially half of the Greatland) was rooting for him. He put his fist up and said Go Bison - of course he is a REAL TRUE Bison fan - graduate of Bucknell!! :) Merry Christmas friends.

Tatanka
12-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Merry Christmas Pards!

BisonTeacher
12-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Hello and happy holidays. I of course planned for a return visit to Frisco but unfortunately my dad who has lung cancer (and never smoked), well they took him off chemo and arranged hospice to come into the home. This will be our last Christmas with him. So with the circumstances, a return trip (this year) is out of the question. But he did his wonderment smile when I told him Bisonland (essentially half of the Greatland) was rooting for him. He put his fist up and said Go Bison - of course he is a REAL TRUE Bison fan - graduate of Bucknell!! :) Merry Christmas friends.

Same to you. I hope the best for your dad.

1st&TennBison
12-25-2012, 12:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad, I just recently lost my grandson to cancer so I can feel your pain. Take comfort in the fact that you have some time to spend with your dad, try to enjoy every moment from here on out.
I see you are from NJ area, I grew up in Brick NJ, living in Fargo area now.

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Merry christmas to you and I'm sorry to hear about your dad...The hand thing is awesome.

HandoEX
12-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I hope you get to enjoy a peaceful Christmas with your father. Take care, I hope and pray this time is as happy as possible for you and yours.

56BISON73
12-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your father.

KC Bison
12-25-2012, 06:02 PM
God bless you and your family this Christmas. A number of years ago, I lost my mother-in-law on Christmas day and my Dad two days after Christmas. Christmas is now a little more difficult to celebrate. As much as I love football, it's when you get into situations like your in that make you realize that sports aren't really that important.

bri-dog
12-25-2012, 06:15 PM
My thoughts are with you, Pards.

My grandmother died 22 years ago today. I brought my 3-month-old daughter to the nursing home to see her on Christmas Eve. Grandma hadn't even been conscious for days, but she squeezed my daughter's hand. My mom went to the nursing home on Christmas morning and told grandma it was okay to let go. She died a few minutes later...

BisonEngrGirl
12-26-2012, 05:02 AM
Hope your last Christmas with your dad was a happy and memorable one. Many blessings your way, and we will be thinking of you, your dad, and your family as we head to Frisco.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

A1pigskin
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
God Bless your family Pards.

Pards Rule
12-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, I just recently lost my grandson to cancer so I can feel your pain. Take comfort in the fact that you have some time to spend with your dad, try to enjoy every moment from here on out.
I see you are from NJ area, I grew up in Brick NJ, living in Fargo area now.

Hey Tenn..thanks..my dad is very good friends with the owner of A.E. Styles out of Pt Pleasnt Beach NJ, Hanna car wash distributor. He was a partner (silent) in an investment my dad made in an exterior wash in Marlton NJ that enabled him to retire at 45. I worked for Hanna my first 8 years out of college too...

Pards Rule
12-26-2012, 03:01 PM
And thanks to all. We had a excellent Xmas and he was most cognizant. He will be rooting for the Bison (the green & gold kind) in the playoffs. Thanks for your kind words and considerations and I will be in Frisco in spirit. He said Sioux makes me spew!!

IzzyFlexion
12-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey Pards.
Been away from BV for a few days and just now seeing this.
It's important that you are with your dad at this time so all of us certainly understand your decision to stay at his side vs. a trip to TX.
God Bless you, your pop, and entire family.

BisonBabe
12-29-2012, 12:50 PM
And thanks to all. We had a excellent Xmas and he was most cognizant. He will be rooting for the Bison (the green & gold kind) in the playoffs. Thanks for your kind words and considerations and I will be in Frisco in spirit. He said Sioux makes me spew!!

Pard, savor this time with your father (as I am sure you are) he sounds like quite the character and you will have wonderful memories. Our family will keep yours in our prayers and yell extra loud at the game for your dad.

Pards Rule
01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey Thx Izzy and Babe and all...Good luck today and I will be watching. A lot of good memories are flooding back from a year ago and the fantastic time pre game at game and post game. Raise a couple for me at the Blue Goose was it Izzy? GO BISON!!