PDA

View Full Version : Practice and stuff.

1st&TennBison
12-23-2012, 03:18 PM
So now that school is out what are the football players doing around campus.
1. Are the football players all moved to one dorm area during winter/x-mas break, or are they scattered all around campus? My past experience in college football for bowl games is that the colleges move any students staying at school to one central building/ dorm for security reasons.
2. What is the practice schedule like during the weeks before the NC game? Where do they practice, the dome or outside? Is the team allowed to practice more than what the NCAA normally allows, I could see doing that because school is out so they do not have study concerns and to keep the players busy and out of trouble. If I was a player I would think that even in my off time I would seek out other players to meet up or get together with on on my own to practice/talk about plays with or just hang out.
3. Do the players have any time like even a 2-3 days to go visit family for X-Mas? I have read on Bisonville that last year Sam Houston sent it's players home for up to a week and the NDSU did not and stayed and practiced a couple extra days. If that is true, does anyone know if it was 100% coaches idea or did they ask the players about it and take a vote kind of thing?
4. Are there family's or boosters that hold dinners or invite players to events to keep the kids spirits up when away from family during the holidays. I heard last year that #4 Ryan Smith had some players visit his family in the Whapeton ND area, so they must get at least a day or two off for X-Mas.

HerdBot
12-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I dont know but looking at the dome schedule there is a major need for an indoor practice facility
http://fargodome.com/events.php
You have a 3 day wrestling tournament, globetrotters, and of course Christmas
Practicing outdoors?

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2012, 03:32 PM
1. Are the football players all moved to one dorm area during winter/x-mas break, or are they scattered all around campus? My past experience in college football for bowl games is that the colleges move any students staying at school to one central building/ dorm for security reasons.
2. What is the practice schedule like during the weeks before the NC game? Where do they practice, the dome or outside? Is the team allowed to practice more than what the NCAA normally allows, I could see doing that because school is out so they do not have study concerns and to keep the players busy and out of trouble. If I was a player I would think that even in my off time I would seek out other players to meet up or get together with on on my own to practice/talk about plays with or just hang out.
3. Do the players have any time like even a 2-3 days to go visit family for X-Mas? I have read on Bisonville that last year Sam Houston sent it's players home for up to a week and the NDSU did not and stayed and practiced a couple extra days. If that is true, does anyone know if it was 100% coaches idea or did they ask the players about it and take a vote kind of thing?
4. Are there family's or boosters that hold dinners or invite players to events to keep the kids spirits up when away from family during the holidays. I heard last year that #4 Ryan Smith had some players visit his family in the Whapeton ND area, so they must get at least a day or two off for X-Mas.

Marcus Williams mentioned on the Mike Max show that he was staying in Fargo over the break and one of the families was having people over. It is my understanding that they had the option to go for a couple days.

roadwarrior
12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Coach Bohl said they were getting some days off for Christmas.

Most players do not live in dorms on campus, so they would continue to live wherever they live.

No doubt there will be some days practicing outside.

JustinTyem
12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
4. Are there family's or boosters that hold dinners or invite players to events to keep the kids spirits up when away from family during the holidays. I heard last year that #4 Ryan Smith had some players visit his family in the Whapeton ND area, so they must get at least a day or two off for X-Mas.The Players have a chance to go home for christmas,but the players must be back by the 26th or 27th,not sure which. And yes,it was 100% coaches idea!!!!! FB/TE/Sp-Coaches Tim P,and DL-Nick G, Brock and Luke are back in the Waupaca/IolaScandy Wisconsin area for christmas to watch the Packers play today @ Lambeau versus Tenn.Titans

BisonNation11
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM

A friend of mine lives below M. Will and R. Smith in an apartment, so I would assume unless they're freshmen, they stay where they are. I also know that Tim P. is in Wisc. and that Sam Ojuri is home in Illinois. No idea when they have to be back, but the coaching staff has a formula that works so no worries here of them pulling a Fritz-fumbles-the-championship moment.

56BISON73
12-23-2012, 07:52 PM
The Players have a chance to go home for christmas,but the players must be back by the 26th or 27th,not sure which. And yes,it was 100% coaches idea!!!!! FB/TE/Sp-Coaches Tim P,and DL-Nick G, Brock and Luke are back in the Waupaca/IolaScandy Wisconsin area for christmas to watch the Packers play today @ Lambeau versus Tenn.Titans

NCAA rules also have some bearing on this issue as you are only allowed so many practices leading up to the bowl game.

JustinTyem
12-23-2012, 08:24 PM
NCAA rules also have some bearing on this issue as you are only allowed so many practices leading up to the bowl game.:facepalm:

Walter.H.White
12-24-2012, 12:17 AM
"I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?....We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice." - Brock Jensen on 4/1/2013 after Kolpack questioning him on an unreturned text about practice schedule.

AjaxTheMighty
12-24-2012, 04:39 AM
"I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?....We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice." - Brock Jensen on 4/1/2013 after Kolpack questioning him on an unreturned text about practice schedule.

Your avatar always makes me think of a pedophile.

Walter.H.White
12-24-2012, 05:18 AM
Your avatar always makes me think of a pedophile.

That might say more about u :duel:

AjaxTheMighty
12-26-2012, 03:01 PM
That might say more about u :duel:

Just sayin ->Creepy guy with an orange suit with an even creepier lustful look in his eyes. For that reason I never look forward to your posts. Sorry.:(