PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Names Bohl one of top 13 Coaches due for a promotion

NDSU '96
12-21-2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/20/up-and-coming-ncaa-football-coaches/1782547/

Not surprised his name is catching attention nationally.

Hammerhead
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
From the article: "regional programs on the non-AQ level have Bohl's number on speed dial."

I could see Coach Bohl taking a job at one of the lower-level FBS schools if he has long term goals of coaching a major program only because some people consider C-USA or the MAC a step up from the FCS.

unbison
12-21-2012, 01:26 PM
From the article: "regional programs on the non-AQ level have Bohl's number on speed dial."

I could see Coach Bohl taking a job at one of the lower-level FBS schools if he has long term goals of coaching a major program only because some people consider C-USA or the MAC a step up from the FCS.
I would say all athletic directors at fbs institutions equals some people in your statement

EndZoneQB
12-21-2012, 01:48 PM

He won't take a lower level FBS job. It's been discussed ad nauseam here so I won't go into details, but I think it's pretty obvious he won't leave for a non-AQ job.

Bison"FANatic"
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Bohl does a very good job of not commenting on anything related to jobs and it keeps everyone guessing. He just steps above that fray. This week at Teammakers he didn't say he wasn't looking but he came across as speaking from the heart about how happy he is here. He talked about how good the athletic department is to work with and how they are like a family (That is not the case everywhere alot of places the different sports view each other as competitors for dollars) and how success in one area impacts the rest. He talked about how much he appreciates and enjoys the fan and fan support. He talked about how he had just been other places (travel since friday for him was crazy) but was very happy to be back in Fargo even though it was 11 degrees. It is just my opinion but I think he is very happy here and he really like the legacy that he is leaving. Remember his mentor is Osborn from Nebraska and Bohl has the opportunity to be the Osborn of NDSU. A long term impact on a university and making the place into a very successful university. That doesn't happen very many places and is even rarer in today's environment at the big colleges. Osborn had his longterm plan for himself and for Nebraska and I think Bohl has his own long term plan for himself and NDSU and is working the plan.

KSBisonFan
12-21-2012, 04:31 PM
We've discussed Bohl a ton but what about Gene? He's done a great job and has to be on some schools' radars. Gene also seems really happy here and seems to have a great relationship with Bohl. We are very fortunate to have people in place who have a common vision and can get along.....not the case at a lot of places.

BISONBRI53
12-21-2012, 04:40 PM
If he leaves will it be on ESPN3?

silkamilkamonico
12-21-2012, 04:44 PM
We've discussed Bohl a ton but what about Gene? He's done a great job and has to be on some schools' radars. Gene also seems really happy here and seems to have a great relationship with Bohl. We are very fortunate to have people in place who have a common vision and can get along.....not the case at a lot of places.

Gene's always insisted he isn't going to stay here for ever. I think he's actually been here longer than he anticipated, so who knows, maybe he's changed his tune. I do know he wanted to move on after NDSU was stabilized in D1.

Kujava23
12-21-2012, 04:54 PM
bohl does a very good job of not commenting on anything related to jobs and it keeps everyone guessing. He just steps above that fray. This week at teammakers he didn't say he wasn't looking but he came across as speaking from the heart about how happy he is here. He talked about how good the athletic department is to work with and how they are like a family (that is not the case everywhere alot of places the different sports view each other as competitors for dollars) and how success in one area impacts the rest. He talked about how much he appreciates and enjoys the fan and fan support. He talked about how he had just been other places (travel since friday for him was crazy) but was very happy to be back in fargo even though it was 11 degrees. It is just my opinion but i think he is very happy here and he really like the legacy that he is leaving. Remember his mentor is osborn from nebraska and bohl has the opportunity to be the osborn of ndsu. A long term impact on a university and making the place into a very successful university. That doesn't happen very many places and is even rarer in today's environment at the big colleges. Osborn had his longterm plan for himself and for nebraska and i think bohl has his own long term plan for himself and ndsu and is working the plan.

love that reasoning!!