PDA

View Full Version : The SAM chant last year at the NC game

Swaghook
12-21-2012, 02:36 AM
I mentioned the Sam......Houston chant being changed last year in Frisco to Sam.....Ojuri. I know everytime they(SHSU fans) tried to start the chant Bison fans were yelling Ojuri in place of Houston. Over on AGS people that were at the game don't recall this being done. Me, BB and kids can not be the only ones who heard and yelled Ojuri in place of Houston at the game last year. Who else remembers this?

heffray
12-21-2012, 02:39 AM
I mentioned the Sam......Houston chant being changed last year in Frisco to Sam.....Ojuri. I know everytime they(SHSU fans) tried to start the chant Bison fans were yelling Ojuri in place of Houston. Over on AGS people that were at the game don't recall this being done. Me, BB and kids can not be the only ones who heard and yelled Ojuri in place of Houston at the game last year. Who else remembers this?

Don't remember hearing this at all...

roadwarrior
12-21-2012, 02:47 AM
The Sam fans were chanting?

BisonCountry
12-21-2012, 02:49 AM
The Sam fans were chanting?
Only when they were on offense.

BigBison
12-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Only when they were on offense.

LOL I remember that.

CalBison97
12-21-2012, 12:43 PM

I did not hear this last year, but will undoubtedly (Ojuri) this year! Though the only Kat fans around me were an entire row of ex-players and their wives from the 60s.

Hammerhead
12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
All I could ever hear in our end zone seats was "Eat 'em up Kats." We had some Sam Houston State fans on either side of us although most people nearby were Bison fans and we were much louder than they were

heckler
12-21-2012, 01:48 PM
I remember the intimidating claw hands.

344Johnson
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Most high school-ish fanbase to probably ever make the title game. Eat 'em up?

BisonTeacher
12-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Most high school-ish fanbase to probably ever make the title game. Eat 'em up?

Go! Fight! Win!

Bison 4 Life
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Go! Fight! Win!

We got spirit yes we do......

Trim
12-21-2012, 02:20 PM
All I remember was their "UN-DE-FEAT-ED" chant. haha...

Professor Chaos
12-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Of course the toolshed SHSU fans on AGS don't remember that.... they also think that they have 4 RBs that are better tham Sam Ojuri :rofl:

KSBisonFan
12-21-2012, 03:58 PM

Haha.....this cheer was actually banned by some of the HS here because they thought it would instigate trouble. :facepalm:

Bisonfan1
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
If anyone here as the bright idea to start the wave, and you just have to do it, then remember to start it when Sam Houston has the ball and on FIRST DOWN !! I like the idea of changing their chant.

pike51
12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
If anyone here as the bright idea to start the wave, and you just have to do it, then remember to start it when Sam Houston has the ball and on FIRST DOWN !! I like the idea of changing their chant.

ODU actually did the wave when we visited them. Ghey!!

Gully
12-21-2012, 07:59 PM
B E AGG R E SS IVE, be, aggressive, be, be, agressive!

BisonCountry
12-21-2012, 08:13 PM
U.G.L.Y. You ain't got not alibi, you're Ugly!

Yellow
12-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Our team in dynamite, our team is dynamite, we go ch ch ch ch ch ch ch, kaboom, WHOO!

344Johnson
12-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Go! Fight! Win!

B E AGG R E SS IVE, be, aggressive, be, be, agressive!

Our team in dynamite, our team is dynamite, we go ch ch ch ch ch ch ch, kaboom, WHOO!

Thank all of you

heffray
12-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Let's go, let's go, L E T S G O, Let's! (clap clap clap) Go! (clap clap clap)...

UncleBuck
12-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Rick 'em! Rack 'em! Ruck 'em!
Grab that ball and really f..f..f..f..f..fight!

Whadya think I was gonna say?

bri-dog
12-22-2012, 02:29 AM
Trojans on the move say OOH, AAH...

Maybe a little risque for the 70's...

BisonEngrGirl
12-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Strawberry shortcake, blueberry pie, V I C T O R Y. Are we in the middle? No we're not! We're not in the middle, we're on top!

Courtesy of my grandma. Booya.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

NFH Schlüssel
12-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Bricka bracka firecracka sis boom bah!

bri-dog
12-22-2012, 02:33 AM
A bottle of pop, a baked banana, we're from southern Indiana. That's a lie, that's a bluff, we're from Tolna, that's the stuff!

One from my mom when she was a cheerleader in the 50's.

BisonTeacher
12-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Thank all of you

Oh! Forgot....alligator alligator eat em up eat em up.

bri-dog
12-22-2012, 03:06 AM
"Die, you gravy-sucking pigs!"

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/510053.jpg

Most of you guys are probably too young to remember Steve Martin's early stand-up bits...

:biggrin:

BisonTeacher
12-22-2012, 03:08 AM
"Die, you gravy-sucking pigs!"

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/510053.jpg

Most of you guys are probably too young to remember Steve Martin's early stand-up bits...

:biggrin:

I cant stop my leg! There it goes again!

KSBisonFan
12-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Blutwurst, Leberwurst, führen Sie Käse, Fett, wishek, wishek weg weg weg!

Translation:

blood sausage,
liver sausage,
head cheese,
fat,
wishek, wishek
away, away, away!

I don't care for Wishek. If you get this you're from behind the Iron Curtain in SC ND.

EndZoneQB
12-22-2012, 03:58 AM

Translation:

blood sausage,
liver sausage,
head cheese,
fat,
wishek, wishek
away, away, away!

I don't care for Wishek. If you get this you're from behind the Iron Curtain in SC ND.

All I know is I grew up eating Wishek sausage...and kuchen from Ashley.

bri-dog
12-22-2012, 03:59 AM

Who the heck is Ashley? And I hope she's okay with you posting on the internet that you were eating her kuchen...:)

BisonTeacher
12-22-2012, 03:59 AM

Was Ashley good looking?

jimmyptubas
12-22-2012, 04:13 AM
My old boss was from Wishek....this might explain some things.

EndZoneQB
12-22-2012, 04:24 AM
Who the heck is Ashley? And I hope she's okay with you posting on the internet that you were eating her kuchen...:)

Was Ashley good looking?

Of course.

aces1180
12-22-2012, 04:25 AM
I was born in Wishek and my dad grew up there...that sausage was always on our table.

In fact, the person who runs Stan's Supervalue (maker of the sausage) is a very active poster on this board...

jimmyptubas
12-22-2012, 04:52 AM
I was born in Wishek and my dad grew up there...that sausage was always on our table.

In fact, the person who runs Stan's Supervalue (maker of the sausage) is a very active poster on this board...

It's YOU i bet!

BisonCountry
12-22-2012, 05:06 AM
If you don't like Wishek Sausage you might as well be a commie IMHO.

PS: I'm hoping to make Sauerkraut Days once in my lifetime.

jimmyptubas
12-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh c'mon! Commies like sausage too!

80ALUM
12-22-2012, 05:48 AM

PS: I'm hoping to make Sauerkraut Days once in my lifetime.
Wishek sausage is good but Ashley's sausage is better. I am from behind the iron curtain so I oughta know.

bri-dog
12-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Wishek sausage is good but Ashley's sausage is better. I am from behind the iron curtain so I oughta know.

LG, you gonna stand by and take this?:fight:

EndZoneQB
12-22-2012, 06:41 AM

Yeah, I think I might have talked to him. That was my dad's store for a LONG time so there's a good chance they knew each other.

Hungry for some right now...

344Johnson
12-22-2012, 07:05 AM

Translation:

blood sausage,
liver sausage,
head cheese,
fat,
wishek, wishek
away, away, away!

Napoleon sausage is better than Ashley or Wishek, and has better Knoephla soup.

High school cheer.

V-i-c-t-o-r-y thats our (insert mascot) battle cry.

80ALUM
12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
The owner of the Ashley Super Value, where they make the sausage and kuchen, is also a Bison fan and season ticket holder. Maybe we should suggest a sausage tasting for a future tailgate where we vote on the best one!:hungry:

RollingBisonFan
12-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Those be fighting words.. haha.... Go Badgers..

Translation:

blood sausage,
liver sausage,
head cheese,
fat,
wishek, wishek
away, away, away!

BisonAccountant44
12-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Wishek sausage is overrated.

I've never had Ashley kuchen, but I have a very very hard time believing that there is any kuchen that can compare to the stuff they used to make in Gackle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-22-2012, 11:11 PM

Translation:

blood sausage,
liver sausage,
head cheese,
fat,
wishek, wishek
away, away, away!

Oh yeah,

Ashley, Ashley, sitting on the fence. Trying to make a dollar out of 50 cents.

Take that..............:)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-22-2012, 11:17 PM

LOL. Wishek sausage, and its not even close.

NDSU1980
12-22-2012, 11:34 PM

PS: I'm hoping to make Sauerkraut Days once in my lifetime.The sauerkraut is bought and vastly inferior to good old German home made. Sorry, but store bought is just too sour. But of course, I'm spoiled, my wife makes lots of it.

I do recommend you try the sausage though

EndZoneQB
12-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Napoleon sausage is better than Ashley or Wishek, and has better Knoephla soup.

High school cheer.

V-i-c-t-o-r-y thats our (insert mascot) battle cry.

We made our own Knoephla.

The owner of the Ashley Super Value, where they make the sausage and kuchen, is also a Bison fan and season ticket holder. Maybe we should suggest a sausage tasting for a future tailgate where we vote on the best one!:hungry:

You guys better stick to your Kuchen ;)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Wishek sausage is overrated.

I've never had Ashley kuchen, but I have a very very hard time believing that there is any kuchen that can compare to the stuff they used to make in Gackle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

http://youtu.be/Z1bbxzoG5Ek

LOL. Wishek sausage, and its not even close.

Amen!!!! Ashley is welcome with kuchen however...

gumby013
12-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm lucky to have a meat market near my place in Jersey that makes fresh weisswurst. Some sweet mustard and a pretzel makes for great food on a gameday morning.

heffray
12-23-2012, 06:36 PM
You guys are seriously arguing about who's "sausage" is "better" ?

Seriously though, doesn't this conversation need PL to make it legit?

BisonTeacher
12-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Seriously though, doesn't this conversation need PL to make it legit?

How would you know? Have you seen PLs sausage? :-)

heffray
12-24-2012, 04:08 AM
How would you know? Have you seen PLs sausage? :-)

Who hasn't?

Hammerhead
12-24-2012, 11:22 PM
My dad's high school used the old "Two bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar! If you're for Oriska, stand up and holler." I don't think many people know that money used to be measured in bits.

A bottle of pop, a baked banana, we're from southern Indiana. That's a lie, that's a bluff, we're from Tolna, that's the stuff!

One from my mom when she was a cheerleader in the 50's.

BlueBisonRock
12-25-2012, 12:40 AM
My dad's high school used the old "Two bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar! If you're for Oriska, stand up and holler." I don't think many people know that money used to be measured in bits.

Great lesson. Pieces of Eight!!!

http://www.history.org/history/teaching/enewsletter/volume3/images/pieceseightLg.jpg

However, the correct second line was "All for the Orioles stand up and holler!"

NorthernBison
12-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Great lesson. Pieces of Eight!!!

http://www.history.org/history/teaching/enewsletter/volume3/images/pieceseightLg.jpg

However, the correct second line was "All for the Orioles stand up and holler!"

Nope. All for the Bobcats.

BraxtonT
12-25-2012, 04:13 AM
"All for the Orioles stand up and holler!"

Fessenden or Gackle?

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2012, 02:29 PM

We used to be for Oriska for a waaaay different reason.

:rofl:

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Back in the mid to late 80's during the Dale Hertel years at Fargo South, we had to forfeit a game we won by 40 points to Dickinson for using an academically ineligible player which prompted the chant:

"We can beat you on the field but you can beat us off"

BisonAccountant44
12-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Nope. All for the Bobcats.

Streeter??

Fessenden or Gackle?

All the cool kids say Gackle, but Gackle-Streeter would've also been acceptable.

Wasn't Upham the Orioles too?

75NOVA
12-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Hannaford Orioles. In Tolna, all for the Trojans stand up and holler( leave it alone izzy ).

BlueBisonRock
12-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Fessenden or Gackle?

Fessenden. North to New Rockford and make a left.

On a side note, doesn't the term Gackle Orioles sound a bit strange? Which bird are we really discussing.

unbison
12-25-2012, 05:35 PM
well,
i was looking into what a gackle was and this is what i found in the urban dictionary

1. Gackle
To gobble balls in a voracious manner.
"Yeah, i could see Jenny gackling all night long, slut."
"Oh yeah baby, I just love how you gackle, gackle my balls."

2. gackle
The act of getting a pubic hair caught in your throat that stays at least 24 hours.
"This gackle tickles!"

perthbison
12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
We used to be for Oriska for a waaaay different reason.

:rofl:I know what u speak of.:hide:

NorthernBison
12-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Maddock Bobcats.

Probably the most fitting mascot name ever. The school used to be the Benson County Agricultural Training School (BCATS).

tjamz
12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Streeter??

Incorrect. Balta Bobcats is the only acceptable answer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

NDSU1980
12-25-2012, 10:04 PM
My dad's high school used the old "Two bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar! If you're for Oriska, stand up and holler." I don't think many people know that money used to be measured in bits.We used the same cheer back in the day. We all knew, or I assumed everyone knew, that "two bits" was a quarter.

BlueBisonRock
12-25-2012, 11:52 PM
well,
i was looking into what a gackle was and this is what i found in the urban dictionary

1. Gackle
To gobble balls in a voracious manner.
"Yeah, i could see Jenny gackling all night long, slut."
"Oh yeah baby, I just love how you gackle, gackle my balls."

2. gackle
The act of getting a pubic hair caught in your throat that stays at least 24 hours.
"This gackle tickles!"

Somedays the SlickTranslationTool just doesn't do the trick.

Definition 1 ...

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/common_gackle_female_1.jpg

Definition 2 ...

http://www.landsat.com/town-aerial-map/North_Dakota-2005/Gackle-ND-3828860.jpg

Tatanka
12-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Somedays the SlickTranslationTool just doesn't do the trick.

Definition 1 ...

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/common_gackle_female_1.jpg

Definition 2 ...

http://www.landsat.com/town-aerial-map/North_Dakota-2005/Gackle-ND-3828860.jpgisn't that a grackle? The second one looks like el forko Grande. Note the smallish tin shed on the west side of town and the old abandoned outhouse in the northern quadrant.

BisonTeacher
12-26-2012, 02:36 AM
isn't that a grackle? The second one looks like el forko Grande. Note the smallish tin shed on the west side of town and the old abandoned outhouse in the northern quadrant.

Is that outhouse on the plains of north dakota or is it across the plains of fargo?

BisonAccountant44
12-26-2012, 04:34 AM
isn't that a grackle? The second one looks like el forko Grande. Note the smallish tin shed on the west side of town and the old abandoned outhouse in the northern quadrant.

I let Unbison go with the urbandictionary definition of Gackle, but to compare it to el forko grande? The great Tatanka has gone too far this time :fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjE2sxCQ_rU

A1pigskin
12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
I watched it on TV and did not hear it.

Tatanka
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I let Unbison go with the urbandictionary definition of Gackle, but to compare it to el forko grande? The great Tatanka has gone too far this time :fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjE2sxCQ_rU

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/gir.gif

IzzyFlexion
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Hannaford Orioles. In Tolna, all for the Trojans stand up and holler( leave it alone izzy ).

Osnabrock Orioles and Nekoma Trojans.When Nekoma was in our conference we'd play them home and away and every year it seemed as though we split those two. Then we would meet in the District Tournament for the "rubber" match!
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/05/rimshot.png

SDbison
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
I nominate this thread for most worthless thread ever that has nothing to do with Bison football. Mods please move this to somewhere else.

BisonFan02
12-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Trojans on the move say OOH, AAH...

Maybe a little risque for the 70's...

Beer, Beer for ol' Tolna High........:D

BisonFan02
12-30-2012, 04:41 AM
Get off my lawn!

FIFY

Ten Char

BlueBisonRock
12-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Beer, Beer for ol' Tolna High........:D

Bring out the whisky, bring out the rye...

IzzyFlexion
12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Ungawa soul power,
you gonna be dead in one hour.*

*actual cheer in some urban schools I've been to.

CalBison97
12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Osnabrock Orioles and Nekoma Trojans.When Nekoma was in our conference we'd play them home and away and every year it seemed as though we split those two. Then we would meet in the District Tournament for the "rubber" match!
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/05/rimshot.png

Izzy, I was a Hampden Honker for K and 1st grade before school closed. You may have played them!

IzzyFlexion
12-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Izzy, I was a Hampden Honker for K and 1st grade before school closed. You may have played them!Oh yes, my friend.
Had my highest scoring game as a high schooler in the chilly barn at Hampden High.
I remember a kid thet played there in the late 70s (Isaacson, maybe?) All I remember about him was that he looked like Tom Petty.

SDbison
12-30-2012, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=BisonFan02;700439]FIFY

Ten Char[/QUOTE Again, what does this thread have to do with Bison football?????????????

CalBison97
12-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Oh yes, my friend.
Had my highest scoring game as a high schooler in the chilly barn at Hampden High.
I remember a kid thet played there in the late 70s (Isaacson, maybe?) All I remember about him was that he looked like Tom Petty.

Cool bro! The 'barn' still stands! I grew up in that gym! My parents still live within a stone's throw of the place that the legendary Izzy tore apart! No Isaacson's from that area...

UTH
12-31-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm confused.

10 characters.