PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Frisco

jimmyptubas
12-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Me and my brother in law are leaving the western suburbs on Thursday night and driving through the night. We have a reservation on Plano and plan to leave sometime in Saturday evening, stopping if we need to. If that schedule fits other people, or any on wants to Co OP on the trip, let me know. I'm willing to take my car and I have access to a van if number if people should require. Let me know if you're interested.

Swaghook
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
We're driving it again this year as well. Leaving the Fargo area early Thursday morning, I expect to see a lot of people along the way as we make our way south. Hopefully the weather is good for the drive this year as it was last year.

jimmyptubas
12-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Do you take the Tulsa route or okc route?

Swaghook
12-21-2012, 02:40 AM
We go by OKC. I-29 to US Hiway 75 then I-35

CarringtonBison
12-21-2012, 02:55 AM
We go by OKC. I-29 to US Hiway 75 then I-35

yep

ten char

BigBison
12-21-2012, 03:07 AM
Our group is leaving late Wednesday night, drive all night, get to Frisco(Allen is where our hotel is) at around 1-2pm Thursday.

jimmyptubas
12-21-2012, 03:17 AM
My map told me to go through Tulsa, down I 44 until I get to US 75 and then in into Frisco. Maybe that's because I'm leaving from the cities, though that shouldn't matter.

perthbison
12-21-2012, 03:26 AM
My map told me to go through Tulsa, down I 44 until I get to US 75 and then in into Frisco. Maybe that's because I'm leaving from the cities, though that shouldn't matter.I don't know if this is true everywhere but I think generally the more interstate on the route, the better because the speedlimits are usually higher and you're less likely to get pulled over for speeding.

BisonHorns
12-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Last year the interstate was full of Bison fans. Cars painted up and people flashing the horns... you know what I mean. Stopping at rest areas was like going to a pep rally. They were full of fans wanting to visit. Roll Bison.

Swaghook
12-21-2012, 03:40 AM
My map told me to go through Tulsa, down I 44 until I get to US 75 and then in into Frisco. Maybe that's because I'm leaving from the cities, though that shouldn't matter.

google maps has 3 suggested routes from Minneapolis. The one through Tulsa is the shortest so it comes up as the first choice. The shortest from Fargo is the one we are taking.

1998braves64
12-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Taking the 75 in SE Nebraska, NE Kansas is quite a bit shorter, it's not a bad road... at least it wasn't 10+ years ago when I went on it to my brother's wedding. Only a few towns until you hit Topeka. And from Holton Ks to Topeka it is a 4 lane divided highway. Going all I-29, I-70 from Nebraska City turnoff to Topeka adds nearly 60 miles on what would be a 127 mile trip, for that portion. Don't think you can make up that much time on an interstate, in that short of distance... now taking 75 all the way down, which you could do if you were willing and patient, would be a bit much.

Sorry thought you were talking a different spot... nm! Although Option 2 which would send you over to I-35 is only 1 minute longer according to Google maps, I'd almost take my chances since that is all interstate, not sure 71/75 would be "smooth" sailing for that long.

adsfwerwfsfdsd
12-24-2012, 03:31 AM
We did the 75 last year about 11pm no traffic, we did 65mph as it is a 55mph. I could see it being busy mid day. Im taking 75 again.

A1pigskin
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm taking 75. It knocks off an hour of drive time.

GFBison
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Need ideas for parking in Sioux Falls, my son will be meeting us in Sioux Falls and needs to park his car from Thursday
Jan 3rd to Monday Jan 7.

Airport parking should work. Any other ideas?

Bison bison
12-24-2012, 05:05 PM
thinking about skirting western Missouri again to take advantage of its open container law...

bri-dog
12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Last year in Salina KS I went to a motel next to interstate and asked if I could park there (explained the situation). They said I could and had me fill out a little form they had already made up, so I guess I wasn't the first to do that.

Swaghook
12-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Need ideas for parking in Sioux Falls, my son will be meeting us in Sioux Falls and needs to park his car from Thursday
Jan 3rd to Monday Jan 7.

Safest bet but it will cost money. Wonder how long a car could sit in a Walmart lot without any employees even noticing or caring for that matter.

jimmyptubas
12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
75 is not two lanes the whole way is it? Looked like it was four lane divided four a large part of it.

Swaghook
12-24-2012, 05:33 PM
75 is not two lanes the whole way is it? Looked like it was four lane divided four a large part of it.

2 lane for quite a ways.

KSBisonFan
12-24-2012, 06:20 PM
2 lane for quite a ways.

The vast majority is 2 lanes. I-29 to Nebraska city and a few miles of 75 south are 4 lane. Then the last 34 miles from Holton to Topeka are 4 lanes.

344Johnson
12-24-2012, 06:33 PM
14 hours from Fargo to Topeka, to OKC, to Frisco.

jimmyptubas
12-24-2012, 06:47 PM
The vast majority is 2 lanes. I-29 to Nebraska city and a few miles of 75 south are 4 lane. Then the last 34 miles from Holton to Topeka are 4 lanes.

Part of the reason why I was confused is because when one travels to Frisco from the cities, one route guess through the western edge if Missouri. That's US 71 and I think it is four lanes. However, later in that route near atoka Texas you do end up on 75. I'm pretty sure this is four lanes the duration of the way to Frisco.

Swaghook
12-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Part of the reason why I was confused is because when one travels to Frisco from the cities, one route guess through the western edge if Missouri. That's US 71 and I think it is four lanes. However, later in that route near atoka Texas you do end up on 75. I'm pretty sure this is four lanes the duration of the way to Frisco.

Well yes a trip from the cities is a completely different route.

BlueBisonRock
12-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Well yes a trip from the cities is a completely different route.

It can be I-35 all the way if you want.

56BISON73
12-24-2012, 07:39 PM

You dont want to take the 71 route even though it is 4 lane. You have to know where you are going and there are some stop lights as well going through KC.

jimmyptubas
12-24-2012, 07:47 PM
You dont want to take the 71 route even though it is 4 lane. You have to know where you are going and there are some stop lights as well going through KC.

I was going to take the 71 route just for the sake if it but now w have other travelers so I will probably take the suggested Wichita route.

NDSUBowler
12-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Safest bet but it will cost money. Wonder how long a car could sit in a Walmart lot without any employees even noticing or caring for that matter.
I went camping in Idaho this summer and left my car in a Walmart parking lot for 5 days, no problem.

Didn't ask, though, and snow removal wasn't an issue then.

jimmyptubas
12-24-2012, 09:20 PM
I went camping in Idaho this summer and left my car in a Walmart parking lot for 5 days, no problem.

Didn't ask, though, and snow removal wasn't an issue then.

I have done this for over a week at a Walmart and it us my understanding that they do not mind. They even suggest people camp in their lots if they have no where else to go.

SDbison
12-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Jan 3rd to Monday Jan 7.

Airport parking should work. Any other ideas? GFBison, I believe I met you and your son on the bus to Montana State playoff game a couple years ago. You are welcome to to have your son park his car at our place north of Sioux Falls. You can meet him here. PM me if you are interested.

HandoEX
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
GFBison, I believe I met you and your son on the bus to Montana State playoff game a couple years ago. You are welcome to to have your son park his car at our place north of Sioux Falls. You can meet him here. PM me if you are interested.
Good memory for an old guy ;)

SamsRams
12-24-2012, 10:23 PM

this times a million. US 71 thru KC is horrific. Its thru some bad neighborhoods and if you blink once you will get all turned around. GPS will not save you on this one!!

jimmyptubas
12-24-2012, 10:31 PM
If you take 435 outside of Kansas city and then connect with 71, it might not be as bad: as of 12 days ago it's a new interstate. I -49

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_49_in_Missouri

RollingBisonFan
12-24-2012, 11:18 PM
I am doing the part and fly at the Days Inn.

Jan 3rd to Monday Jan 7.

56BISON73
12-24-2012, 11:32 PM
If you take 435 outside of Kansas city and then connect with 71, it might not be as bad: as of 12 days ago it's a new interstate. I -49

I take that way on the way home. But you dont need to go that way.

KSBisonFan
12-25-2012, 01:07 PM

If you get to 435 in KC just get on I-35 and set the cruise at 80 and call it good.....nothing more to see here.

Ridinrails
12-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Also driving to frisco from the Fargo area, have room for 2 more if anyone's looking to carpool.

Bison Chief
12-26-2012, 12:09 AM
If you get to 435 in KC just get on I-35 and set the cruise at 80 and call it good.....nothing more to see here.

I concur with this. If you are coming in through KC on I-29 or I-35, there isn't much reason for you to get onto US71. For the record, I travelled to Frisco last year using via US71 south out of KC towards Joplin and on through Tulsa. I live on the far east edge of KC so Google maps routed me that way. It's advantageous because final approach into DFW is on the northeast side, so you can cut a few miles this way. However, there are still tolls through OK and some roads are 2-lane through small towns with stoplights. My return trip was on I-35 and it was easier.

IzzyFlexion
12-28-2012, 07:11 PM
I too have room in the Honda Express.
Stipulations:
-You need to be ready to leave Fargo on January 2nd.
-You must be OK with a detour to/through Chicago.
-You will be allowed to accompany me and my daughter to the Trump Hotel for dinner on the night of the 2nd.
-We will then take the party over to the Signature room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building for chocolatinis. (best view in the US)
-Having gigantic fun bags gets you to the top of the priority list.
-You must be willing to sucumb to my inapropriate advances while driving down I-55 toward St. Louis.
-you must be OK with stopping in Cape Girardeau, Missouri at the Super 8 motel where I left a suitcase last fall. (might need to check in for the "2 hour nap special" depending on how backed up I am)
AND........lastly, gas, grass, or ass..........nobody rides for free.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 07:15 PM
You lost me at a stop in Missouri...No Deal!! :biggrin:

EndZoneQB
12-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Stipulations:
-You will be allowed to accompany me and my daughter to the Trump Hotel for dinner on the night of the 2nd.
-We will then take the party over to the Signature room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building for chocolatinis. (best view in the US)
-You must be willing to sucumb to my inapropriate advances while driving down I-55 toward St. Louis.
-you must be OK with stopping in Cape Girardeau, Missouri at the Super 8 motel where I left a suitcase last fall. (might need to check in for the "2 hour nap special" depending on how backed up I am)

X-factor= is she howt?

56BISON73
I concur with this. If you are coming in through KC on I-29 or I-35, there isn't much reason for you to get onto US71. For the record, I travelled to Frisco last year using via US71 south out of KC towards Joplin and on through Tulsa. I live on the far east edge of KC so Google maps routed me that way. It's advantageous because final approach into DFW is on the northeast side, so you can cut a few miles this way. However, there are still tolls through OK and some roads are 2-lane through small towns with stoplights. My return trip was on I-35 and it was easier.

Also if you are coming down I-29 you need to take 435 west to the Wichita exit. This is great road, less miles and and easy drive.
I-35 you take 435 St Louis (east) until you get to the Wichita exit.

A1pigskin
Stipulations:

I've been to the Hancock and that is an awesome view.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Also if you are coming down I-29 you need to take 435 west to the Wichita exit. This is great road, less miles and and easy drive.
I-35 you take 435 St Louis (east) until you get to the Wichita exit.

I 35 route tells me to take 635 across the north.

56BISON73
12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I 35 route tells me to take 635 across the north.

Then you may as well just stay on I-35 right thru KC.
Do you have a map?

bisonsupporter
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Leaving Thursday about 7 pm. Harrahs in Council Bluffs about 1 am Friday and then Frisco about 7 pm Friday night.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Then you may as well just stay on I-35 right thru KC.
Do you have a map?

I just use google maps and when i'm driving i can use my phone or gps for directions but i shouldn't need it. I've taken that route as far as OKC but there i turned off on 40 on my way to Phoenix about 7 years ago.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Also, it has me take 335, which goes all the way to Emporia, not just 35. It looks like a horse a piece though.

56BISON73
12-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I just use google maps and when i'm driving i can use my phone or gps for directions but i shouldn't need it. I've taken that route as far as OKC but there i turned off on 40 on my way to Phoenix about 7 years ago.

I would not take 35 through KC BTW.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure i will do what it says and take 70 west towards topeka, then hop on 335 south until emporia where it meets back up with 35. It's 2 miles longer and you avoid downtown.

56BISON73
12-28-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm pretty sure i will do what it says and take 70 west towards topeka, then hop on 335 south until emporia where it meets back up with 35. It's 2 miles longer and you avoid downtown.

You are going on a safari.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 08:11 PM
google maps is pretty reliable usually but now you have me certainly second guessing it's route suggestion skills

56BISON73
12-28-2012, 08:19 PM
google maps is pretty reliable usually but now you have me certainly second guessing it's route suggestion skills

You will travel 15 more miles and pay more tolls going the google way.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 08:20 PM
sorry for the confusion, but is it your suggestion then, that if i'm coming on 35, i take 435 around the eastern side of kc until i re-connect with 35 on the southern side?

56BISON73
12-28-2012, 08:22 PM
sorry for the confusion, but is it your suggestion then, that if i'm coming on 35, i take 435 around the eastern side of kc until i re-connect with 35 on the southern side?

Yes.........

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
That is what i shall do then. thanks...i finally get it.

Tatanka
12-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I've been to the Hancock and that is an awesome view.I concur. Especially at night.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I concur. Especially at night.
The Hancock tower view "trumps" the sears tower view by a lot. Don't even waste your time at the skydeck.

SDbison
12-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Wife and I driving to Lincoln on New Years Day and will watch Nebraska Bowl game with daughter. Next day head to Frisco via Highway 81 to Wichita and continue through Oklahoma City. Very close to the same distance / time as going the I-29 / I-35 route. Anyone else driving the same route?

CarringtonBison
12-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Wife and I driving to Lincoln on New Years Day and will watch Nebraska Bowl game with daughter. Next day head to Frisco via Highway 81 to Wichita and continue through Oklahoma City. Very close to the same distance / time as going the I-29 / I-35 route. Anyone else driving the same route?
This is the way that we took last year and did well on it. No issues. I think I may do it again this year

A1pigskin
12-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I think I am going to stay in Council Bluffs on the 3rd then drive the rest of the way on the 4th.

SDbison
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM
For those driving to Frisco how important is it to pre-register with Texas tollways? What is the savings on tolls? If I had $30 to $40 of tolls in a local rental car last year what would be the difference if I would have driven my own car unregistered and got a bill sent to me? Is there a very good chance I won't get a bill with an out of state vehicle? Will I be able to take care of this business on Monday before I leave to be ready when I show up in Texas on Wed or Thur? Who do I contact?

Swaghook
12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
For those driving to Frisco how important is it to pre-register with Texas tollways? What is the savings on tolls? If I had $30 to $40 of tolls in a local rental car last year what would be the difference if I would have driven my own car unregistered and got a bill sent to me? Is there a very good chance I won't get a bill with an out of state vehicle? Will I be able to take care of this business on Monday before I leave to be ready when I show up in Texas on Wed or Thur? Who do I contact?

We never saw a bill from last year. I think PL paid under $2 for his prepaid toll tag but had to prepay like $20 and refunded the unused portion.

https://www.ntta.org/Pages/default.aspx

56BISON73
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
We never saw a bill from last year. I think PL paid under $2 for his prepaid toll tag but had to prepay like $20 and refunded the unused portion.

https://www.ntta.org/Pages/default.aspx

I used up all of the 20.00 and owed them-----.06. Which I paid with my credit card. :rofl: FYI I just got a bill from last year for 1.28. When I called to register again this year I bitched about being billed almost a year later and she said it happens. WTF? So I put 30.00 in my account for this year. Cant want wait for what insues billing wise on this trip.

56BISON73
12-30-2012, 06:57 PM

Its supposed to be cheaper when you preregister. 972-818-6882

CarringtonBison
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Holy shxt. I was browsing the toll site (fyi-Im not gonna register and let them bill me) and noticed they have a page with the largest owed tolls. How much do these people drive on the frickin tollways!!!

https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/BIlling-and-Payment/Pages/Top_Toll_Violators.aspx

WOW!

A1pigskin
12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Holy shxt. I was browsing the toll site (fyi-Im not gonna register and let them bill me) and noticed they have a page with the largest owed tolls. How much do these people drive on the frickin tollways!!!

WOW!

This is more than WOW!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

tjbison
12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Someone has to do a road trip thread like the battle wagon heading to Bozeman

A1pigskin
12-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Set it up...

Swaghook
12-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Well the Frisco Cruiser would be a candidate I would think.

tjbison
12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Set it up...

Hard for me to do from my first class seat, be a pretty boring thread, I guess I can post every time I get a drink......but me peeing in Chicago isn't nearly as fun as the mt st line

BisonBabe
12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Don't have a smart phone so unless I stop at the rest stop and log into my laptop or ipod I will only be posting when we check into the motel at night.

Now looking like we will head south on Wednesday after work...will drive till we are too tired to go any further than check into a hotel.

roper1313
12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
The "roper" family will be departing fargo as soon as mrs. Roper get off of work on Wednesday. We will be driving to Omaha and staying at the Fairfield inn. We'll the. Go the rest or the way Thursday. Traveling with a 7 and 10 year d should be fun. Will need many drinks Thursday night!!

Jay
12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Myself + 3 are leaving Thursday morning at 5 bells, driving the whole way. I'll start live tweeting when I hit 3rd Base. Twit pic's included.

A1pigskin
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Don't have a smart phone so unless I stop at the rest stop and log into my laptop or ipod I will only be posting when we check into the motel at night.

Now looking like we will head south on Wednesday after work...will drive till we are too tired to go any further than check into a hotel.

I don't have an Iphone or Ipod or Ipad. I barely have a laptop.

Fast50Dad
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Myself + 3 are leaving Thursday morning at 5 bells, driving the whole way. I'll start live tweeting when I hit 3rd Base. Tit pic's included.

FIFY...damn you auto-correct!

EndZoneQB
12-30-2012, 11:07 PM

Honestly, most of the toll roads have "frontage roads" that are basically just an expressway. Only have lights at the exits/entrances and speedlimit is like 45...and its free. I driven on those a lot since they serve the same purpose and you almost never hit a red so it's free flowing.

BisonBabe
12-31-2012, 02:14 AM
I don't have an Iphone or Ipod or Ipad. I barely have a laptop.

LOL the funny thing is we have 4 laptops now as the kids each bought one with money saved up from paper route.

Tatanka
12-31-2012, 02:46 AM
Honestly, most of the toll roads have "frontage roads" that are basically just an expressway. Only have lights at the exits/entrances and speedlimit is like 45...and its free. I driven on those a lot since they serve the same purpose and you almost never hit a red so it's free flowing.yuuuuup. Same deal in Houston.

Once you get used to the Texas way of designing urban interstates it makes other places look primitive. They really have their poop in a group down there as far as that goes. IMHO.

56BISON73
12-31-2012, 02:51 AM
yuuuuup. Same deal in Houston.

Once you get used to the Texas way of designing urban interstates it makes other places look primitive. They really have their poop in a group down there as far as that goes. IMHO.

I also like there turn arounds where they have a lane for you to get in to get you turned around so you are going in the correct direction.

1998braves64
12-31-2012, 03:00 AM

WOW!

man oh man...

I would register... they may or may not get your out of state license... guess you could always smear some mud on it before you drive down and just pretend you drove thru some nasty weather! :) But jeepers people griping about people not wanting to pay $100-$150 on a ticket to the bison game saying that should be no big deal at all, then same people are going to fuss about $25 of tolls... if you really want to save money don't take toll ways! We made it through entire time down in Dallas without hitting a single toll so it can be done... might need a little patience getting around though! We came from airport and our motel was off a non toll freeway helped substantially.

jimmyptubas
12-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Set it up...

I will be driving through the night Thursday and expect to see some people driving starting Friday morning when the sun comes up. I will be checking bv often but this thread can become the official road trip thread if it needs too.

BisonNation11
12-31-2012, 03:20 AM
We will be leaving Fargo around 11 PM on Thursday. I will update as often as I can as I'm the driver and everyone should be sleeping. Updates should help keep me awake overnight, plus it gives me something to look forward to. We will definitely be stopping at the OK/TX border to declare our takeover and take a pic! I'm so pumped for this trip!

BisonTeacher
12-31-2012, 03:23 AM
Jimmy...my roadtrip begins at 5pm thursday leaving from buffalo mn

BisonFan02
12-31-2012, 03:32 AM
Our ship will set sail sometime Thursday morning...have two of the crew coming in from Jamestown in the AM. I'll try to update as we go. The hope is to make it down to somewhere around OKC Thursday.

jimmyptubas
12-31-2012, 03:44 AM
Jimmy...my roadtrip begins at 5pm thursday leaving from buffalo mn

Why Buffalo? I ask because that is where I now live and will be leaving from as well.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Why Buffalo? I ask because that is where I now live and will be leaving from as well.

Because thats wherw whos driving lives! Btw...my inlaws live on polaski.

Tatanka
12-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Checklist for road trip:

Travelling by vehicle:
-- deposit Bison yard signs on major interstates at SD, IA, and TX borders. Acquire photographic evidence. Bonus...tag mile marker 132 in south dakota. They'll appreciate it most.
-- drink gallon of beverage at mile marker 30 in north dakota And minnesota. Unleash the fury on the appropriate welcome to xxxxxx signs. Being careful of curse to not enhance the yard signs.
-- acquire stack of bison football posters from bsa. Im sure they still have them. Hang them up blues brothers style everywhere you go. Directions to the palace hotel ballroom optional.
-- soap up the windows.at the very least "frisco or bust". Bonus points for "we're the mighty bison, who the f--- are you"
-- be safe and get there in one piece.

Travelling by plane:
-- wear bison gear. As if you'd consider anything else.
-- grab a few bison illustrateds from your local distribution spot and leave them on the plane in the magazine pouch. The next person on the plane will thank you for not making them read the effing skymall magazine.
-- be sure to thank your pilot, optionally by giving him/her a bison illustrated. Chances are they went to uN_ and need to be educated.
-- Be nice to your flight attendants. Chances are they also went to uN_ but dropped out. Its kind of like pizza delivery but in the sky. Give 'em a nice swift but firm goosing as they walk by you in the aisle. Izzy says they really like that.
-- obviously if you see other bison fans (and you will) it is expected that you at least give em the horns. It is also permissible in groups of 5 or more to belt out verse 1 of hail the bison. If a group of 25 or more, verses 2 and 3 are appropriate.

jimmyptubas
12-31-2012, 04:31 AM
Because thats wherw whos driving lives! Btw...my inlaws live on polaski.

I live on Leksand lane...not too far from Polaski...a few blocks....just got the house so "live" in buffalo is a little bit of a misnomer...i WILL live there and then i will be a buffalo bison fan, as well as a ndsu bison fan...especially if i work for the school.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2012, 04:33 AM
I live on Leksand lane...not too far from Polaski...a few blocks....just got the house so "live" in buffalo is a little bit of a misnomer...i WILL live there and then i will be a buffalo bison fan, as well as a ndsu bison fan...especially if i work for the school.

The inlaws are on hillside lane on westside of polaski

56BISON73
12-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Checklist for road trip:

Travelling by vehicle:
-- deposit Bison yard signs on major interstates at SD, IA, and TX borders. Acquire photographic evidence. Bonus...tag mile marker 132 in south dakota. They'll appreciate it most.
-- drink gallon of beverage at mile marker 30 in north dakota And minnesota. Unleash the fury on the appropriate welcome to xxxxxx signs. Being careful of curse to not enhance the yard signs.
-- acquire stack of bison football posters from bsa. Im sure they still have them. Hang them up blues brothers style everywhere you go. Directions to the palace hotel ballroom optional.
-- soap up the windows.at the very least "frisco or bust". Bonus points for "we're the mighty bison, who the f--- are you"
-- be safe and get there in one piece.

Travelling by plane:
-- wear bison gear. As if you'd consider anything else.
-- grab a few bison illustrateds from your local distribution spot and leave them on the plane in the magazine pouch. The next person on the plane will thank you for not making them read the effing skymall magazine.
-- be sure to thank your pilot, optionally by giving him/her a bison illustrated. Chances are they went to uN_ and need to be educated.
-- Be nice to your flight attendants. Chances are they also went to uN_ but dropped out. Its kind of like pizza delivery but in the sky. Give 'em a nice swift but firm goosing as they walk by you in the aisle. Izzy says they really like that.
-- obviously if you see other bison fans (and you will) it is expected that you at least give em the horns. It is also permissible in groups of 5 or more to belt out verse 1 of hail the bison. If a group of 25 or more, verses 2 and 3 are appropriate.

Well done.

jimmyptubas
12-31-2012, 04:43 AM
My mother in law was nice enough to grab me a bunch of bison flags, decals and magnets when she was in fargo last week. So, I will be driving down in style. Wish i could get some yard signs but alas, someone else will have to do their part.

BisonFan02
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM

Sold my house in Buffalo last spring (Feb/Mar) and took a huge loss (thank god for a relocation package)....It was cool to say I lived in Buffalo, via Bison Ct....north of Tatanka Elem. :D

bison93
12-31-2012, 03:26 PM
We are leaving Fargo @ 10pm with the bus.. Safe Travels everyone..! Hoping we have to change our license plates on the bus after the game... :cheers:

HerdBot
12-31-2012, 05:26 PM
My mother in law was nice enough to grab me a bunch of bison flags, decals and magnets when she was in fargo last week. So, I will be driving down in style. Wish i could get some yard signs but alas, someone else will have to do their part.

I dont have room in my vehicle to bring most of my tailgating stuff. :(

The car flags will start to tatter after about 300 miles on the interstate so you may want to only do one at a time. I found this out on the way to the metrodome in 2006. Had to replace them all

jimmyptubas
01-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Good advice...i was wondering about that...plus, when we leave it'll be dark for about the first 8 hours. Not much point having the flags on while it's dark.

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-03-2013, 12:55 AM
Leaving Fargo tomorrow night, hoping to get a travel partner yet. Decided to rent a car instead of van. Ridinrail if you are still out there check your private messages. Looks like we could make something work. If anyone knows ridinrail tell him to check his private messages. If anyone else is interested private message me.