PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Recommendations from a local- Updated 2013 version

DFWfootballfan
12-19-2012, 02:21 AM
ok guys, since i said i would post this in my "welcome back to frisco thread" i decided to make a new one because i didnt want it to get lost on page 6

here is what i got, remember there are TONS of places and depending on where you stay you will be close to many good choices, this is just what i would recommend if you are staying in Frisco and dont mind eating/drinking up to 15 minutes away(Galleria area). i also saw another local recommend some places . i wont argue although tin star is more fast food and Glorias is good, however its more el salvadorian food and not tex mex.

Tex Mex

Chuys- my wife and I's go to spot. cheap eats, strong drinks and a cool scene. very good food and about 10 minutes south of stadium on the dallas tollway

Blue Goose- great margaritas, right next to stadium as well. homemade tortillas. get the fajitas and queso. yumm

La Hacienda Ranch- this is a great choice to get a good taste of texan food. its great tex mex and a cool atmosphere with fireplace and great meats. known for their mesquite steaks and fajitas. also invented the frozen margarita machine. 10 minutes from stadium in Frisco

Uncle Julios- if you dont mind going a bit further south down the tollway towards galleria then this is a great social place with money tex mex. its pricier but its damn good.

Mi Cocina- Shops at legacy in plano. very good tex mex. more upscale but still not crazy expensive. known for their mombo taxi drinks

American/Bar Food

Bonedaddies- the holy grail of good food, hot chicks and cold beer- 10 minutes south of stadium

Whiskey Cake- very good more of an upscale place but cool social place to grab drinks and good food

Pizzeria Testa- brand new pizza joint next to stadium. it looks very good and ive heard good things

Londoner- right next to stadium, cool english pub with tons of draft beers

Lemon Bar- next to stadium .they have a great breakfast with bloody marys

3rd Base- good food and beer . what else you need?

My top of the list favorite recommendations:

Babes Chicken House- if you want true Texas food, here is your spot. Its half a mile south of stadium in downtown frisco and its all family style. no menus, you sit down and order either chicken fried steak, fried chicken, pot roast, smoked chicken or fried catfish. they bring a ton of salad, bisquits with honey, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans and keep bringing it till youre full. best part is its BYOB so bring your cooler. $10.99 per person. i love it

Shops at Legacy- Plano about 10 minutes south of stadium- this is a ccool place to get out and shop and eat. has many cool places to eat and walk around. they have sushi, steak houses, mexican, movie theater, etc. my favs are Fireside Pies(my wifes favorite place. upscale wood fired pizzas and wine bar. cool place!), jaspers, and Seasons 52. They also have a Gordon Biertch brewery. http://shopsatlegacy.com/

hope these help boys, tons and tons of cool bars and restaurants and more since you were here last. lots of good shopping for the wives and girlfriends. let me know what you think

HoopsBison
12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Had Bonedadies and Babes last year and they were both excellent. I highly recommend Babes, just a really cool joint that you cant get in the FM area!

DjKyRo
12-19-2012, 02:36 AM
You're the man, DFW. Looking forward to partaking of this list when we're down there.