PDA

View Full Version : Klieman Named FCS Coordinator of the Year

NDSUstudent
12-19-2012, 12:07 AM
North Dakota State defensive coordinator Chris Klieman has been named the 2012 FootballScoop FCS Coordinator of the Year presented by ProGrass.
Klieman has directed the Bison defensive unit that leads the nation in scoring defense, total defense, pass defense and first downs allowed per game. NDSU also ranks second in the nation in defensive third down efficiency and third in rushing defense.

Klieman joined the North Dakota State coaching staff prior to the 2011 season, helping the Bison win the national championship in his first season on the staff.

North Dakota State rode a strong defense to the 2011 FCS title, and Klieman's unit has found room to improve on their path to defend the title. NDSU has earned a second consecutive berth in the FCS Championship game, carrying a 13-1 record.

The Bison lead the FCS in scoring defense (11.4 points per game) and total defense (223.3 yards per game, 4.21 yards per play). In 742 snaps defended, North Dakota State has allowed a total of 15 touchdowns. Klieman's defense has held all 14 opponents to 21 points or less and limited seven foes to a touchdown or less, including two shutouts.

"Chris has worked with a number of different coaches and there isn't a person in America that has a bad word to say about him," said NDSU head coach Craig Bohl. "This is a top-shelf top guy, the best of the best."

North Dakota State also leads FCS in pass defense (131.0 yards per game), ranks third in rushing defense (92.3 yards per game, 2.96 yards per carry) and places 18th in pass efficiency defense (5.99 yards per attempt with 10 TDs and 9 INTs).

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205832012

HoopsBison
12-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Congrats to coach Klieman, very much deserving of this award!

EndZoneQB
12-19-2012, 12:12 AM
What a hire!! I hate that GSU/Wofford screwed up our defensive stats haha

BadlandsBison
12-19-2012, 12:29 AM
That's amazing. Good for Klieman, I hope he's at ndsu for a long time!

Walter.H.White
12-19-2012, 12:30 AM
An injustice. How does Vigen not win?

tjbison
12-19-2012, 12:30 AM
That's amazing. Good for Klieman, I hope he's at ndsu for a long time!

With stats like that don't count on it, but I truly will believe its all him after some of the Hazelton wears off..

IzzyFlexion
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Suck on that Panthers!

http://aintnogod.com/images/Nelson_haha.gif

KSBisonFan
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Well deserved. I worry more about our good assistants leaving for head-coaching jobs than Bohl leaving for a bigger job. It's good to know Bohl has a 'program' in place and our staff seems to get it so if they do leave, there are capable people to step in. What a luxury to lose Hazelton and not miss a beat with Klieman.

southcliffbison
12-19-2012, 12:55 AM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205832012

......and the hits just keep on coming !!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Coach Klieman

Bisonfan1
12-19-2012, 01:19 AM
......and the hits just keep on coming !!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Coach Klieman

Stole my line the hits just keep on coming ! :D - Great job coach and the whole Bison D of course. my other line "everyones doing it " fits also to the entire TEAM, as they are a TEAM first. Rocky was also very big on this TEAM thing, and it is awesome the entire current coaching staff is also. Everyone on this TEAM is defienately doing it to get the job done. GO BISON !!

HerdBot
12-19-2012, 04:18 AM
Well deserved! Congrats!! For about a day I was concerned when Hazleton left. This defense will peak... next year

Kujava23
12-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Congrats to Coach Klieman and all his assistants that help prepare our #1 ranked defense!!

56BISON73
12-19-2012, 07:45 PM
What was it that Farly said???? ""They are trying to steal wins"" Or something that UNI has???? Well UNI doesnt have a Natty. The d-coordinator that he didnt trust to do the job just got named D-coordinator of the year while at NDSU. Hmmm may be just a reflection of Farlys poor leadership?

X-Factor
12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
So I don't want to be a debbie downer, that was a deserving award for Kleiman, but I think we should have expected the defense to produce this year. As long as we have a coach with at least some level of competence the defense is going to be one of the best in the nation at least through next year. Kleiman is very likely a terrific coach, but taking over a defense chocked with talent like this one isn't the barometer that a coach should be measured against.

Hammerhead
12-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Keep Klieman, save next season!

southcliffbison
12-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Keep Klieman, save next season!

Personally, I would like to thank the state of Iowa for underfunding UNI which equates to underpaying the football coaching staff at Cedar Falls. Coach Klieman would not have jumped ship without a substantial raise in pay. Who knows, he may very well land a high paying coordinator position in a BCS school ala Breske.

missingnumber7
12-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Keep Klieman, save next season!Klieman for OC win Super Bowl

westnodak93bison
12-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Congrats Coach K. If we win the Natty without two of our top three defensive players that is one hell of an accomplishment imho.

CalBison97
12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Personally, I would like to thank the state of Iowa for underfunding UNI which equates to underpaying the football coaching staff at Cedar Falls. Coach Klieman would not have jumped ship without a substantial raise in pay. Who knows, he may very well land a high paying coordinator position in a BCS school ala Breske.

And if so, we are the cream of the FCS crop and will have several outstanding candidates to replace him.

southcliffbison
12-20-2012, 02:28 PM
And if so, we are the cream of the FCS crop and will have several outstanding candidates to replace him.

No argrument there.

EagleBison
12-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Congrats!

UNI's loss is NDSU's gain.

TwentyThree
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats to Coach Klieman. The Bison D is legit for sure.

bisoneer
12-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Congratulations to Coach Klieman on this highly regarded FCS Coordinator of the Year Award! Fantastic! This is a true honor for you and this team!