PDA

View Full Version : "They used to pack the joint!"

NFH Schlüssel
12-18-2012, 01:34 AM
My daughter & I were watching the 2012 football highlight video & she asked about NDSU women's basketball. We then watched last year's highlight video. She innocently asked, "Where are all the fans?" I told her, back in my day, "they used to pack the joint." I then searched for highlight videos from the 92-94 era, but didn't find anything. Anyone know of a public-access video of the glory days?

tjbison
12-18-2012, 01:45 AM
My daughter & I were watching the 2012 football highlight video & she asked about NDSU women's basketball. We then watched last year's highlight video. She innocently asked, "Where are all the fans?" I told her, back in my day, "they used to pack the joint." I then searched for highlight videos from the 92-94 era, but didn't find anything. Anyone know of a public-access video of the glory days?

PBS ran the rivalry show, get your hands on that to show her

NDSUstudent
12-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Heck we used to pack the place in our first year of DI...I remember how crazy the BSA was when Lorenz hit that shot to beat SDSU.

NFH Schlüssel
12-18-2012, 01:51 AM
PBS ran the rivalry show, get your hands on that to show her

I tried... would have to become a member of Prairie Public TV. Can't watch it over here.

1998braves64
12-18-2012, 02:12 AM
If they only let the fans sit on the west side then it might looked packed? wait.. that would mean they would have to drop it down to a couple chairs... I still go because back when they were good I bought the full bball tickets thinking it was a good deal for $200 for both men's and women's, now I think they should have to pay me $200 just to show up at women's games! :) I still show up though for the torture not sure why.. not like the bleachers are as comfortable as my couch.

Elephants Dream?
12-18-2012, 04:23 AM
The Glory Years of the 90's, YES!
The BSA would often be packed, people shoehorned in sometimes.
Great WBB, 3 concession stands going with multiple lines at every one.
Delta State, (their cheer team too), Bentley, Portland St., and more.
WBB outdrawing the men on a regular basis.
Elite 8's, Lyle H. announcing in a tux. The Good Old Days of Bison WBB.

Eternal Optomist
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
They used to pack the place. Fan base was over 1500 at the start of the current regime and has faded to 300. I wonder if the loss of revenue will continue to go unnoticed. 1200 fans at $10 per ticket x 15 home games adds up to $180,000 in non attendance revenue. Can we afford to keep HER?