PDA

View Full Version : Rematch: North Dakota St vs Sam Houston St

katstrapper
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Wow! Who would have thought that these two teams would be paired up in a rematch ? I am looking forward to talking some football again with the Bison fans. Met some great people last year in Frisco! Lets talk some football!!

BisoninNWMN
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
SHSU's offense is looking very good right now. Definitely a challenge for the Bison defense to consistently stop them. With 3 weeks rest and to prepare, I like the Bison's chances.

Could have more Bison fans in Frisco this year....

thundarsdaddy
12-17-2012, 01:01 PM
One thing is for sure, in my opinion, SHSU will "tweek"(Coach Bohl loves that word) their offense, but if they are similar to Wofford and GSU, they will really "up" their defense. I am still amazed at how the defense's of the last two opponents got sooo much better. Any team going to face the Bison needs to have a defense that will keep them in the game, knowing that our defense is not going to give up a lot of points. I also like the Bison's chances though, any game that might come down to just playing on "guts", well thats where we have the definite edge!

Hammerhead
12-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Both teams had lots of young talent last year so it shouldn't be much of a surprise. Who knows, maybe it will be 3 in a row with some studs on each team who are still just juniors?

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2012, 02:11 PM
So I watched that game on Saturday, and I have to think the Bison match up much better with Sam Houstan than GSU. GSU was so gall darn good at hammering the rock at you with speed, that is really took people like M Will out of their best roles. I would also say the rest of our current secondary are better pass defenders than run defenders as they should be, and Sam Houstan just does not appear to be as powerful at the line of attack. Am I missing something?

EndZoneQB
12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
So I watched that game on Saturday, and I have to think the Bison match up much better with Sam Houstan than GSU. GSU was so gall darn good at hammering the rock at you with speed, that is really took people like M Will out of their best roles. I would also say the rest of our current secondary are better pass defenders than run defenders as they should be, and Sam Houstan just does not appear to be as powerful at the line of attack. Am I missing something?

I agreed. While we are considered a pretty physical team on defense, we are definitely a little undersized in the LB corps. GSU was a physical team with speed...and SHSU seems like a finesse team with speed. We seemingly match up well with that type of team. The interesting matchup will be our OL versus their DL IMO. They are definitely undersized but are VERY active. Our rams will need to bring their A-game.

ndsubison1
12-17-2012, 03:49 PM
i am not surprised at all both teams brought back a majority of its players

CarringtonBison
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
SHSU's offense is looking very good right now. Definitely a challenge for the Bison defense to consistently stop them. With 3 weeks rest and to prepare, I like the Bison's chances.

Could have more Bison fans in Frisco this year....
While I agree that they are looking good, remember they have played three consecutive big sky defenses-not exactly top notch. Our offense struggled two years ago (no points last game of the year) and we destroyed Mt. State and score plentiful against EWU in the playoffs.

That being said, SHSU has a good offense and we will have our hands full. They also have revenge on their minds. The defense will have to play their tails off and the offense NEEDS to be more productive. No turnovers and ball control like usual and we will be fine! They have not played a defense as fast and physical as ours, so IMO they need to worry about us more.

SafeTeeJ
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow! Who would have thought that these two teams would be paired up in a rematch ? I am looking forward to talking some football again with the Bison fans. Met some great people last year in Frisco! Lets talk some football!!

HeyKatstrap,

I see you lost your 2 starting O tackles in the EW game. Do you know the severity of their injuries? they going to be back in 2+ weeks?

GO Bison!

westnodak93bison
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I watched the SHSU vs. EWU game start to finish. What a tail of two halves? Ridiculous that one team gives up 35 pts in the first half then the other team gives up 42 in the second?
I would hope like hell we can find a way to beat a team that just gave up 42 pts in a half. A big key to our game imho is to hit #11 early and hard. He won't be so likely to run if he gets the snot knocked out of him. If we can diminish the QB run threat early I like our chances.

daddy daycare
12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Remember that play last season when the QB went to roll out and basically took a knee before getting decapitated by 3 or so Bison? Daddy like...

1998braves64
12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
A big key to our game imho is to hit #11 early and hard. He won't be so likely to run if he gets the snot knocked out of him. If we can diminish the QB run threat early I like our chances.

I don't know if we ever hit him hard(guessing we did a couple times)... but we kept him contained last year was a big factor, and to me a big difference from the GSU offense as all 3 options were built like RB... #11 for SHSU is not, but he is quick/fast so they need to keep him contained.

CAS4127
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't know if we ever hit him hard(guessing we did a couple times)... but we kept him contained last year was a big factor, and to me a big difference from the GSU offense as all 3 options were built like RB... #11 for SHSU is not, but he is quick/fast so they need to keep him contained.

SHSU used two Q's, Bell and Sincere, right?

BismarckBisonFan
12-17-2012, 06:03 PM

Yes they ran two qb's in the EWU game. Seemed like when Sincere was in it was always a run play. But who knows???

1998braves64
12-17-2012, 06:06 PM

Yes almost opposite of what GSU did/does.. Bell (playing most snaps) is their passing QB and Sincere is the running one.

coloradobison
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Yes they ran two qb's in the EWU game. Seemed like when Sincere was in it was always a run play. But who knows???

No different than last year. I don't think in the NC game last year it ever even looked like a possibility of a pass when Sincere took the snap. Just a read option with him and Flanders most times.

cracker
12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes almost opposite of what GSU did/does.. Bell (playing most snaps) is their passing QB and Sincere is the running one.

Bell is their passing QB but runs plenty well. Very skinny and frail looking

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
No different than last year. I don't think in the NC game last year it ever even looked like a possibility of a pass when Sincere took the snap. Just a read option with him and Flanders most times.

Yea, and that worked about as good as TAB trying to stay sober at a tailgate. I really liked how GSU did the QB thing as they were really never giving anything away. (you knew they'd be throwing anyway) The sam Houstan thing made little sense to me as NDSU just sold out run every time and stuffed it.

westnodak93bison
12-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Bell is their passing QB but runs plenty well. Very skinny and frail looking

Exactly. If he runs their option then light him up!

ndsubison1
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM

sincere was more of like a wildcat. or wildbearkat

BisonNeil
12-17-2012, 11:54 PM
I agreed. While we are considered a pretty physical team on defense, we are definitely a little undersized in the LB corps. GSU was a physical team with speed...and SHSU seems like a finesse team with speed. We seemingly match up well with that type of team. The interesting matchup will be our OL versus their DL IMO. They are definitely undersized but are VERY active. Our rams will need to bring their A-game.

I don't agree with that at all. Wofford was the physical team. GSU is a finesse offense with small mobile lineman that make creases that fast guys can run through. Our LBs really got beat up against Wofford, against GSU not so much.

Last year SHSU DL completely jobbed our OL, that was much bigger and more experienced than the current one. It will be interesting to see how this years OL does against largely the same crew.

TransAmBison
12-18-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't agree with that at all. Wofford was the physical team. GSU is a finesse offense with small mobile lineman that make creases that fast guys can run through. Our LBs really got beat up against Wofford, against GSU not so much.

Last year SHSU DL completely jobbed our OL, that was much bigger and more experienced than the current one. It will be interesting to see how this years OL does against largely the same crew.GSU is finesse? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think this post needs to be a nomination in the next preposterous thread!

CAS4127
12-18-2012, 12:33 AM
GSU is finesse? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think this post needs to be a nomination in the next preposterous thread!

Tranny, GSU was fast and physical, much like SHSU will be. And, yes, our Oline struggled with SHSU last year, as did our O as a whole. Interested to see what Vigen does with that. We had some new angles we threw at GSU--plays we hadn't seen run before. I'll hang up and listen. Oh, and yes, speed with TO is finesse in a way--think de idiom making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
12-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Not sure I'd call GSU finesse, especially with Swope. They were a lot more versatile this year.

CAS4127
12-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Not sure I'd call GSU finesse, especially with Swope. They were a lot more versatile this year.

By definition a TO is finesse. Just watch McKinnons last TD for example--smooth operation. Add in physical and active Oline, and here we go. But, to each their own when it comes to defining things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransAmBison
12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Battlewagon/1355842454.jpg

CarringtonBison
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Battlewagon/1355842454.jpg
I was waiting for the finger picture. Was going to dig it out today if it didn't show up. Thanks TAB.

Bison"FANatic"
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
So after we beat them for the second time in the championship game do you think we will get both fingers or will they just stick with one?

TransAmBison
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Right now on Katfans they are spewing that they had 60% of the fans at the game. They have an overhead shot from way above that makes it look that way, but from that height you can't see the green as it melts into the orange. One poster said with our early lead on tickets we may get to 50/50 on attendance.

Tatanka
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Right now on Katfans they are spewing that they had 60% of the fans at the game. They have an overhead shot from way above that makes it look that way, but from that height you can't see the green as it melts into the orange. One poster said with our early lead on tickets we may get to 50/50 on attendance.Pffffft. They know better. And either way, they were owned from a fan participation standpoint, and they'll get owned again this year, and they know it.

Also, the fact that this is even a conversation is a testimony to Bison Nation. You can be damn sure if the game was in Minneapolis, they wouldn't have half the fans. Not even close.

coloradobison
12-19-2012, 05:28 PM
press conference http://www.southland.org/SouthlandTV/SLCNow.aspx

BisonCountry
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Coach Bohl should never wear a cowboy hat. Lol.

TwentyThree
12-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Pffffft. They know better. And either way, they were owned from a fan participation standpoint, and they'll get owned again this year, and they know it.

Also, the fact that this is even a conversation is a testimony to Bison Nation. You can be damn sure if the game was in Minneapolis, they wouldn't have half the fans. Not even close.

You are correct. Our fans are light years behind you guys, but we are moving in the right direction. Coach Fritz is changing the culture at SHSU, but we still have a long way to go.

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Right now on Katfans they are spewing that they had 60% of the fans at the game. They have an overhead shot from way above that makes it look that way, but from that height you can't see the green as it melts into the orange. One poster said with our early lead on tickets we may get to 50/50 on attendance.

The other part of that is I think the seats themselves are red are they not? If so, that would look a lot like Orange, especially when people are standing up.

missingnumber7
12-19-2012, 06:57 PM
So after we beat them for the second time in the championship game do you think we will get both fingers or will they just stick with one?I'm thinking you will see back to back runner up shirts.