PDA

View Full Version : Help planning trip to Frisco

HerdBot
12-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for help planning a trip to frisco. I want to drive from Fargo. Stop 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there and catch the fun events on Friday. Any tips or suggestions? I know you guys have made the trip before. Thanks

Walter.H.White
12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for help planning a trip to frisco. I want to drive from Fargo. Stop 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there and catch the fun events on Friday. Any tips or suggestions? I know you guys have made the trip before. Thanks

Search function must be down.

Third Base/My RV.

Close Thread

td577
12-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Last year we drove down. Stopped the first night in KC, ate dinner and then found a hotel about an hour south. Day two we stopped at Murrah building site in OKC. That was incredible. Drove the rest of the way to Frisco that night. Spent the Friday before the game in Dallas at Dealey Plaza and that night at the pep rally. Dealey Plaza is another interesting place if you have never been there before. Spent Sunday packing up and drove straight back.

56BISON73
12-15-2012, 06:32 PM

Youre going to Frisco? I would have thought you would have been too busy building the bar in the Fargo Dome.:biggrin:

Seriously call the Dallas Tollway office and make sure you register with them to drive on the freeways. If you dont they will bill you at a higher rate. Shit shouldnt have told you that.

HerdBot
12-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Last year we drove down. Stopped the first night in KC, ate dinner and then found a hotel about an hour south. Day two we stopped at Murrah building site in OKC. That was incredible. Drove the rest of the way to Frisco that night. Spent the Friday before the game in Dallas at Dealey Plaza and that night at the pep rally. Dealey Plaza is another interesting place if you have never been there before. Spent Sunday packing up and drove straight back.

Do you remember the city south of Kansas City... want to go past KC first day but cant figure out where. there are some gaps of nothing for a while want to stay on the interstate. Anyone been tk Pittsburgh Kansas? (I know road has)

HerdBot
12-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Youre going to Frisco? I would have thought you would have been too busy building the bar in the Fargo Dome.:biggrin:

Seriously call the Dallas Tollway office and make sure you register with them to drive on the freeways. If you dont they will bill you at a higher rate. Shit shouldnt have told you that.

Tollway... thanks for the info

loudsilverado
12-15-2012, 07:11 PM

:facepalm:

CarringtonBison
12-15-2012, 08:43 PM

Don't bother, we drove the entire time and have NEVER gotten a bill. I read somewhere that they can't do the out of state plates, do don't waste your money

1998braves64
12-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Don't bother, we drove the entire time and have NEVER gotten a bill. I read somewhere that they can't do the out of state plates, do don't waste your money

From NTTA website:

NTTA currently partners with a third party to acquire out-of-state vehicle information for our ZipCash billing process. NTTA aggressively pursues all tolls owed, whether the vehicle is registered in Texas or another state.

https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/rentalout-of-state/Pages/default.aspx

Guessing you play with fire a bit but you may get through as you say.

CarringtonBison
12-15-2012, 08:55 PM
From NTTA website:

https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/rentalout-of-state/Pages/default.aspx

Guessing you play with fire a bit but you may get through as you say.
they must have done that since last year. I distinctly remember them saying that they couldn't, but now must have gotten the technology

BisonBabe
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM

We are heading south on Jan 3rd and plan on staying in Topeka the first night then on to Plano in the morning with a stop in OKC along the way.

1998braves64
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
don't think it's technology just having the ability to get information from other states license plates, key is you can take a buddies car and they end up with the bill and not you! :)

PlainsBison
12-15-2012, 09:03 PM
What side will NDSU be on? The 101 - 111 or the other side 122-132. Anyone know. Oh, and I know Bison fans will be all over, just want to know where NCAA provides the 4,000 bison tickets.

bison93
12-15-2012, 09:08 PM
I called and talked to the FC Dallas stadium director last week. Bison section will be in 120-135.. opposite from last year..

Hammerhead
12-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Now we're in trouble. That means we are the visiting team and can't wear yellow jerseys. :)

I called and talked to the FC Dallas stadium director last week. Bison section will be in 120-135.. opposite from last year..

HerdBot
12-15-2012, 10:58 PM
We are heading south on Jan 3rd and plan on staying in Topeka the first night then on to Plano in the morning with a stop in OKC along the way.

Topeka seems to be a good stop. 9 hrs and then 7 to Frisco. I cant pull a map on my phone is topeka near the interstate? Thanks

BisonBabe
12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Topeka seems to be a good stop. 9 hrs and then 7 to Frisco. I cant pull a map on my phone is topeka near the interstate? Thanks

Yes it is right on the way if you are taking the toll way like we are.

KSBisonFan
12-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes it is right on the way if you are taking the toll way like we are.

Anyone planning on staying in Topeka, PM me and I'll plan a Bison get together for dinner and drinks the night you all are in town. Also, best bet is to take the KS turnpike from Topeka all the way to the OK border.....you'll have a toll under $10 but you'll save a ton of time. Trust me on this one.....I drove to Lake Texoma just north of Dallas last month and tried to take some short cuts to save some miles and it wasn't worth it!

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Anyone planning on staying in Topeka, PM me and I'll plan a Bison get together for dinner and drinks the night you all are in town. Also, best bet is to take the KS turnpike from Topeka all the way to the OK border.....you'll have a toll under $10 but you'll save a ton of time. Trust me on this one.....I drove to Lake Texoma just north of Dallas last month and tried to take some short cuts to save some miles and it wasn't worth it!

I think I'm actually going to take that way on the way there, have a chance to see the area. Keep me posted.

56BISON73
12-16-2012, 02:41 AM
they must have done that since last year. I distinctly remember them saying that they couldn't, but now must have gotten the technology

When I signed up they charged my card 25-30 bucks. Then when you use the tollway they deduct it. Anything left over they refund. Last year i owed them like 1.50 and they sent me a bill. They will charge you more $ if you dont register.

Call customer service and they will take care of you. Its pretty simple.

https://www.ntta.org/roadsprojects/existroad/Pages/Dallas-North-Tollway.aspx

LikeMothers
12-16-2012, 02:48 AM

It can't hurt to call to make toll arrangements, but we were all over Frisco and Plano and never even had a reason to get on the tollway.

Swaghook
12-16-2012, 02:49 AM
When I signed up they charged my card 25-30 bucks. Then when you use the tollway they deduct it. Anything left over they refund. Last year i owed them like 1.50 and they sent me a bill. They will charge you more $ if you dont register.

Call customer service and they will take care of you. Its pretty simple.

https://www.ntta.org/roadsprojects/existroad/Pages/Dallas-North-Tollway.aspx

We never received any charges for the tollways but we didn't drive very far on them either so the fee must not have justified the cost of a letter.

56BISON73
12-16-2012, 03:01 AM
We never received any charges for the tollways but we didn't drive very far on them either so the fee must not have justified the cost of a letter.

I paid the 1.50. Then received a bill for the next 8 months even though it showed a zero balance. So I called them and said do you know how much money you are wasting? Lady just started laughing and said yes.

BigBison
12-18-2012, 04:37 AM
I drove all over the tollways last year never got a bill.