PDA

View Full Version : Congrats...Great game

GsEagle76
12-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Congrats on your win....hard nosed ball game from start to finish. Good luck in Frisco!

SafeTeeJ
12-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks but your team kicked our butt tonight. No doubt about it. Riddled with mistakes on both sides. Sloppy plays put a damper on wart could have been a great game. It leaves doubt on our side and I'm sure a lot of "what ifs" on your side. You have a hard nosed team there.

OrygunBison
12-15-2012, 03:42 AM
You guys punched us in the mouth tonight. I'm just so glad we were able to get up. Congrats on a great season. I got a feeling that the NCAA will find a way to put our teams in opposite sides of the bracket next year. See you in January 2014 in Frisco.

MN_BISON
12-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks GsEagle76, hell of a game by GSU. Happy to be moving forward but know the Eagles gave NDSU all they could handle and more.

Kevin
12-15-2012, 03:45 AM
I really hope GSU doesn't move up. I have a lot of respect for the program, the triple option and their team (Russell being the lone exception). FCS is better with programs like ours that are rich in tradition.

pike51
12-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Congrats to the better team tonight. I think I had 13 heart attacks. 1 less or more mistake by either team and it could have gone the other way. It's a shame we had some guys lose their heads late, no need for that. I hope all the Eagles who made the trip were cordial. Good luck in Frisco!

BTW - I told y'all our kicking game blew donkeys!

KSBisonFan
12-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Congrats on your win....hard nosed ball game from start to finish. Good luck in Frisco!

You have one hell of a team and a good, young coach. I really like your team. Also, the GSU fans were fun to smack with all week. You guys seem to get how the smack works and you're welcome back anytime. Good luck next year.

tony
12-15-2012, 03:51 AM

Wish we would have met in Frisco. Bison fans and Georgia Southern fans in the same town? They'd have had to call in the National Guard (to ensure the beer supply.)

MN_BISON
12-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Congrats to the better team tonight. I think I had 13 heart attacks. 1 less or more mistake by either team and it could have gone the other way. It's a shame we had some guys lose their heads late, no need for that. I hope all the Eagles who made the trip were cordial. Good luck in Frisco!

Thanks Pike, have enjoyed you at Bisonville and all I can say it was a hell of a game. I'm spent..........................and drunk.

NFH Schlüssel
12-15-2012, 03:55 AM
GSU played a different game against the Bison than they did last week. Last week it looked easy - this week was a hard fought game. Be proud!

Hammerhead
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
There is a reason GSU has made it to the semis the last 3 years. If these teams played 10 times, I doubt either team would win more than 6 games.

1st&TennBison
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
You have to respect GSU, they really pushed us hard. We managed to keep it together just enough to win, hats off to the GSU team, nothing but respect from this Bison fan. Have a safe trip home to those who made the trip as well as the Bison fans who have to travel.

MontBison
12-15-2012, 04:26 AM
I will say this. Your teams classless attempt to start an altercation at midfield during introduction was comical. You guys are losers and deserve to rot in fbs football.

loudsilverado
12-15-2012, 04:27 AM
I will say this. Your teams classless attempt to start an altercation at midfield during introduction was comical. You guys are losers and deserve to rot in fbs football.

Tried to fight at the end too I see.

Hammerhead
12-15-2012, 04:28 AM
#66 tried to end it in the same fashion, too.

Kevin
12-15-2012, 04:28 AM

The nonsense at the end of the game was obvious as hell.

TAILG8R
12-15-2012, 04:29 AM
#66 tried to end it in the same fashion, too.

66 is butthurt always will be! Loser.

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Hell of a game that could have gone either way. Congrats Bison, and good luck in Frisco. I honestly believe we just watched the NC game tonight. I, along with many GSU fans hate the way one or two of our players acted tonight, however in the emotion of the game that happens. It's never justified in any situation. Hats off to your team and coaching staff for putting together a great second half effort in a game that could have gone either way. Once again, good luck in Frisco.

loudsilverado
12-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Hell of a game that could have gone either way. Congrats Bison, and good luck in Frisco. I honestly believe we just watched the NC game tonight. I, along with many GSU fans hate the way one or two of our players acted tonight, however in the emotion of the game that happens. It's never justified in any situation. Hats off to your team and coaching staff for putting together a great second half effort in a game that could have gone either way. Once again, good luck in Frisco.

Classy post, check +rep

BadlandsBison
12-15-2012, 04:34 AM
To be honest, I think gsu outplayed us.

But we outplayed gsu on plays that uber counted.

I am having trouble speaking. Good game eagles, God bless.

1st&TennBison
12-15-2012, 04:35 AM
I posted a few weeks ago and asked about having the other team come out first so that they would see our intro. Hoping it might act in some small way as a intimidation. I wonder if GSU chose the exact time they came out in order to try to mess up our introduction, it did slightly sidetrack it for about 10-15 seconds, maybe their timing was off and they wanted to come out right when we did, any thoughts.

TAILG8R
12-15-2012, 04:36 AM

Had fun passing the smack back and forth with you and some other GSU fans this week. Good luck in the future, even if it is in the FBS.

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Had fun passing the smack back and forth with you and some other GSU fans this week. Good luck in the future, even if it is in the FBS.
It was a fun week, and you guys along with a few other schools have fanbases very similar to GSU. We are passionate, and most (well a lot of us) know enough about our team and FCS football to contribute something. Lost my cool earlier this week (much like #66 tonight) but I really enjoyed my week here on BV. Depending on how things shake up in the offseason I may be back next year as 2 of the best FCS teams may very well rematch. But who knows how things will shake out! Quick question, what is it that Coach Bohl/the players hit above the doorway coming out of the locker room?

MN_BISON
12-15-2012, 04:42 AM

Didn't see it, what happened?

MontBison
12-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Didn't see it, what happened?

They danced around like a bunch of clowns around midfield while we ran out and got in our huddle. I thought it was pretty amateurish. But it's what I would expect from a bunch of cousin fackers

HerdBot
12-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Wow that was fucking nuts. May br one of the best games I have ever seen. You guys are awesome. Hope I never see the triple option again. Bison fans gave your team a thunderous roar as the left the field. It was ugly but at that matters is we're going to Frisco baby!

phxbison
12-15-2012, 04:54 AM

BTW - I told y'all our kicking game blew donkeys!Maybe a better team on the score board, but I felt like you guy's kicked our asses up and down the feild all night. We never did find an answer for McKinnon or Swope. Your team should be very proud of the way they played.

On_the_road
12-15-2012, 04:59 AM
GSU what a great football team. I had a chance to visit with about a dozen of your fans before the game. Great team and great fans!!!!! I hope like hell you stay in FCS.

GradBison
12-15-2012, 05:05 AM
This needed to be the championship matchup. Respect for the GSU program.

SafeTeeJ
12-15-2012, 05:08 AM
It was a fun week, and you guys along with a few other schools have fanbases very similar to GSU. We are passionate, and most (well a lot of us) know enough about our team and FCS football to contribute something. Lost my cool earlier this week (much like #66 tonight) but I really enjoyed my week here on BV. Depending on how things shake up in the offseason I may be back next year as 2 of the best FCS teams may very well rematch. But who knows how things will shake out! Quick question, what is it that Coach Bohl/the players hit above the doorway coming out of the locker room?

Snorty the Bison "Bison Pride"

TAILG8R
12-15-2012, 05:09 AM
"Those who stay will be champions" again and again and again

Trim
12-15-2012, 05:10 AM
I actually thought it was a stroke of genius on G. Southern's part to come out during our intro and line up at the hash. Try putting yourself in the other people's shoes. They came here to scrap, and didn't disappoint.

TAILG8R
12-15-2012, 05:11 AM
I actually thought it was a stroke of genius on G. Southern's part to come out during our intro and line up at the hash. Try putting yourself in the other people's shoes. They came here to scrap, and didn't disappoint.

I see it as they are admitting they are scared and are trying whatever they can to syke their opponent out.

Trim
12-15-2012, 05:15 AM
I see it as they are admitting they are scared and are trying whatever they can to syke their opponent out.

I didn't sense much fear in those guys.

I know I'm probably in the minority, it got everyone riled up. I kind of got a kick out of it.

TAILG8R
12-15-2012, 05:18 AM
I didn't sense much fear in those guys.

I know I'm probably in the minority, it got everyone riled up. I kind of got a kick out of it.

Which is a good reason not to do it at all. Act like you have been in the situation before, which they have many times. Their actions were not becoming of a GSU team tonight.

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 05:20 AM
"Those who stay will be champions" again and again and again
Take a page from our book and win back to back NC's! I see quite the dynasty evolving in Fargo for years to come. It has been a fun week and the outcome was not how I wanted it to be, but I will give credit where it is due, congrats Bison!

TAILG8R
12-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Take a page from our book and win back to back NC's! I see quite the dynasty evolving in Fargo for years to come. It has been a fun week and the outcome was not how I wanted it to be, but I will give credit where it is due, congrats Bison!

Been there done that

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 05:23 AM
Been there done that
Oh, I know. But do it at this level! Along with many of you I believe it will be a rematch of last years NC and take it to the Kats. I don't believe they stand much of a chance against you, but we play the game for a reason.

1998braves64
12-15-2012, 05:50 AM
GSU played a great game, to me GSU coming out when they did I didn't view it as a classless act, they can come out whenever they want. About the only time would be is if they came out precisely the same time that NDSU did which they didn't. The point is for the opposing team to take the wind out of the sails of the crowd... it sort of did for a bit. You know any other time isn't going to get a reaction out of bison fans.

The penalties killed GSU as much as the penalty roughing the kicker helped them.

This game scared me the most I think even more than SDSU because we were destined to meet in the semi finals and you knew GSU was going to want redemption for the butt whuppin they received last year. Glad we came out on top again! Thanks for all the great smack talk from you GSU guys you know how to bring it and good luck next year hope we don't see you until the national championship game.

IndyBison
12-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Maybe a better team on the score board, but I felt like you guy's kicked our asses up and down the feild all night. We never did find an answer for McKinnon or Swope. Your team should be very proud of the way they played.

I think the hit in the ribs on him in the 4th quarter was huge. Maybe late but effective because it slowed him down a lot.

WRSDBison
12-15-2012, 06:09 AM
You can be damned proud. You took it to us and punched us in the mouth. This is the second week in a row that we were outplayed but won.

Strommer10
12-15-2012, 06:22 AM
You have to give credit to GSU. What a team! What an amazing game. They really made enough plays to win, that 1 turnover they had absolutely killed them. Congrats on the great season. :nod:

BISONBRI53
12-15-2012, 06:24 AM
HOLY CRAP GSU!! GREAT game!! Your fans rocked it! Hopefully we can keep the talk goin again someday! You guys made this week!!! Old Fart! Pike!!!

Snorty
12-15-2012, 06:44 AM
That triple option was something to see this time around, hell of a game.

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Funny how the hatred and animosity turns into a big ole NDSU/GSU love fest after the game :rofl: These are 2 teams that deserve major respect from any and every member of the opposing fan base.

CAS4127
12-15-2012, 07:00 AM

Your question: "Play like a Champion Today"

As far as what GSU did in coming in right before us and standing out on the hash, I thought it was great! What GSU was doing was sending a message that they were not intimidated by us our our house/fans. IOW, eff u, we r GSU. I thought it was a good move and there was nothing at all wrong with it. And there wasn't. They made a statement that they came to play, and they obviously did. Wow, what a game!!

That said, my girlfriend texted me mid-way 2nd quarter and asked whether I was having a nervous breakdown yet. I said no, this is gonna come down to 4th qtr and conditioning will be a factor. To me, that is what happened. We still had our legs and minds in the 4th, don't think GSU did. Not dissing on GSU, but we were the more well conditioned team both mentally and physically. Ya, GSU knocked us around a bit, but we stayed mentally strong.

Epic battle and IMO, the best game ever played in the Dome, if not the history of NDSU football.

Lastly, thanks GSU posters, this was a hell of a fun week, and the game was the same.

Oh, and I would say the exact thing if we would have lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaBisonFan
12-15-2012, 07:04 AM
GSU has a great team. They were outcoached in the final minutes. Offensive play calling for GSU was questionable. This is a true classic playoff game in the history of Bison football. We missed Colton Heagle and Perry tonight.

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 07:05 AM

As far as what GSU did in coming in right before us and standing out on the hash, I thought it was great! What GSU was doing was sending a message that they were not intimidated by us our our house/fans. IOW, eff u, we r GSU. I thought it was a good move and there was nothing at all wrong with it. And there wasn't. They made a statement that they came to play, and they obviously did. Wow, what a game!!

That said, my girlfriend texted me mid-way 2nd quarter and asked whether I was having a nervous breakdown yet. I said no, this is gonna come down to 4th qtr and conditioning will be a factor. To me, that is what happened. We still had our legs and minds in the 4th, don't think GSU did. Not dissing on GSU, but we were the more well conditioned team both mentally and physically. Ya, GSU knocked us around a bit, but we stayed mentally strong.

Epic battle and IMO, the best game ever played in the Dome, if not the history of NDSU football.

Lastly, thanks GSU posters, this was a hell of a fun week, and the game was the same.

I agree with the conditioning part on the bolded statements above. I don't believe that either team was more physically conditioned than the other, but at times, I felt that the GSU O was wearing out the NDSU D. Mentally, you guys definitely had the edge, and I believe that is attributed to playing in probably the most hostile FCS, and potentially most hostile college football venue there is. Hats off to the team and your fans! I wish I could have made the trip and seen the dome first hand, but alas the chips weren't in my favor. Maybe another time? I enjoyed talking with you this week CAS, and I may even stick around since I have nothing to do but sit at home and think about what could have been :(

CAS4127
12-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I agree with the conditioning part on the bolded statements above. I don't believe that either team was more physically conditioned than the other, but at times, I felt that the GSU O was wearing out the NDSU D. Mentally, you guys definitely had the edge, and I believe that is attributed to playing in probably the most hostile FCS, and potentially most hostile college football venue there is. Hats off to the team and your fans! I wish I could have made the trip and seen the dome first hand, but alas the chips weren't in my favor. Maybe another time? I enjoyed talking with you this week CAS, and I may even stick around since I have nothing to do but sit at home and think about what could have been :(

IMO, tonite was the loudest the FargoDome has ever been. Like GSU fans, we know football and we wanted our team to win. I would bet the players on both teams will never forget this game. Not so much about who won or lost, but the epic battle and the atmosphere BOTH teams created. Ya, GSU, by how they played, played a huge part in the atmosphere of the Dome tonite-->no question about it. They sent a message by coming in first and playing the way they did, and we heard it loud and clear. In turn, they heard us.

CaBisonFan
12-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Best football game I've ever been to. An epic battle.

GATA_Eagles
12-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Best football game I've ever been to. An epic battle.
Stop making me jealous that I couldn't be there!

Gully
12-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Great game...wow. Georgia Southern is a "program". So much respect for their program. The Bison stole one tonight. GSU played well enough to win and if it wasn't for the turnover and false starts, I'm not sure the Bison stopped them very many times. Epic battle. I hope GSU stays in FCS. They're the real deal in FCS but not sure FBS will be good for them. I don't know that I can recall many games in the past 20 years where NDSU was outplayed and yet won. I honestly feel bad for GSU, it's too bad someone had to lose. I just love their program, their offense, and even their helmets.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't know that I can recall many games in the past 20 years where NDSU was outplayed and yet won.

Okay, guys. Stop the madness. NDSU was NOT outplayed.. Yes, their offense was fantastic, but you can't fumble in a game like this. NDSU did NOT turn the ball over, thus they outplayed GSU. Brock did a good job throwing the ball away when not there today. Further, the game went how many predicted. GSU got their points, but the NDSU offense did enough to win the game. (Can you believe we have the offense to thank for this win?) Their defense just was not great at all; that made for an interesting dynamic. Then, there is their kicking game.

NDSU deserved to win this game. Be proud of it. GSU is clearly the best team we played. I tip my caps to them and even though it is quite possible they have more talent on that team, NDSU was the better TEAM Friday.

NFH Schlüssel
12-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Okay, guys. Stop the madness. NDSU was NOT outplayed.. Yes, their offense was fantastic, but you can't fumble in a game like this. NDSU did NOT turn the ball over, thus they outplayed GSU. Brock did a good job throwing the ball away when not there today. Further, the game went how many predicted. GSU got their points, but the NDSU offense did enough to win the game. (Can you believe we have the offense to thank for this win?) Their defense just was not great at all; that made for an interesting dynamic. Then, there is their kicking game.

NDSU deserved to win this game. Be proud of it. GSU is clearly the best team we played. I tip my caps to them and even though it is quite possible they have more talent on that team, NDSU was the better TEAM Friday.

IMO, the Bison were outplayed... it seemed to come down to fewer mistakes. I can't agree with your blanket statement in its entirety... doing enough was close to being not enough. I think fortune smiled at the Fargodome!

Either way, I'm making travel plans to Frisco. Will be grumpy after spending 7 hours on a trans-atlantic flight and not looking forward to a 3 hr flight to DFW on top of that, but it'll be worth it.

Go Bison!

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2012, 12:21 PM
IMO, the Bison were outplayed... it seemed to come down to fewer mistakes. I can't agree with your blanket statement in its entirety... doing enough was close to being not enough. I think fortune smiled at the Fargodome!

Great teams don't turn the ball over in critical situations. That simple, plus the score.

We will need to agree to disagree.

bisonhp330
12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
IMO, tonite was the loudest the FargoDome has ever been. Like GSU fans, we know football and we wanted our team to win. I would bet the players on both teams will never forget this game. Not so much about who won or lost, but the epic battle and the atmosphere BOTH teams created. Ya, GSU, by how they played, played a huge part in the atmosphere of the Dome tonite-->no question about it. They sent a message by coming in first and playing the way they did, and we heard it loud and clear. In turn, they heard us.

what he said- had the conversation about the crowd before the game- i said there was no way in hell we could be louder than last years GSU game......but the second to last 4 downs at the end beat that- the whole game GSU had plays at the right time that quieted the crowd- props to GSU for punching us in the face- ManBearPig is one hell of a tough player- huge in the middle and coming back. Too bad for you he acted like a little bitch in his P.I.'s that hurt GSU.

Go East Wash and ON TO FRISCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sycamore Fan
12-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Congrats Bison............go get another one! By the way on another note our Sycamores hired a new coach yesterday. When you get a chance....................http://www.gosycamores.com/

westnodak93bison
12-15-2012, 01:30 PM
We are VERY fortunate to win imho. I cant believe we went for the punt block in the end zone? Worst case we get the ball at the 50 after running it down their throat the previous series. Something tells me CB chewed someones ass for that decision. That was a major momentum changer imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Congrats Bison............go get another one! By the way on another note our Sycamores hired a new coach yesterday. When you get a chance....................http://www.gosycamores.com/

Thanks for the kind words. With that being said, be prepared next year for the biggest beatdown in the history of your program. Your might not want to witness that one. :)

bisonhp330
12-15-2012, 01:32 PM

i see your 13 heart attacks and raise you 2 strokes, a gallon of sweat and voice that may never fully come back. Too bad you couldnt have made it up here and experienced the atmosphere in the dome first hand. ESPN put it well- they called our fans not only loud but 'disciplined'- even in the end where we had the ball and had to score....the whole crowd was on their feet but you could hear a pin drop. That last series with you on offense- my daughter turned to me with her hands on her ears and mouthed OMG- or maybe screamed it...couldn't tell. I make a motion we move the game from Frisco to the dome. any seconds?

gizmo
12-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Yes, it was an epic battle that GSU COULD have won. Every close game is full of woulda/coulda/shoulda talk afterwards. Some folks seem to gawk at the stats board all game while they ignore the scoreboard. Let's face it, defensive football can lead to some "ugly" wins but they are still wins.

IMO, NDSU is setting a new standard for defensive football in FCS and we're going to see more games where we get "outplayed" while we win championships. Better get used to it!!!!

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2012, 01:56 PM
i told plenty of people this post game...its too bad your record held you back from a 2 or 3...ga. southern should've been opposite of NDSU in the bracket. top bracket is much more heavy than the bottom. too bad one of us had to go home earlier than we should

first time ive clapped an opposing team off the field. GSU gave a hell of an effort

Rynomite
12-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, it was an epic battle that GSU COULD have won. Every close game is full of woulda/coulda/shoulda talk afterwards. Some folks seem to gawk at the stats board all game while they ignore the scoreboard. Let's face it, defensive football can lead to some "ugly" wins but they are still wins.

IMO, NDSU is setting a new standard for defensive football in FCS and we're going to see more games where we get "outplayed" while we win championships. Better get used to it!!!!

Great to see some classy GSU fans on the board and be able to talk a little smack. Those guys gave us such a run for our money. Mckinnon is a beast. Not sure I have ever seen a QB take a beating like that. We will see these guys again next year. And we better be ready! And even know Russel made some bad decisions, I think we will see him on Sundays too.

KSBisonFan
12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
i told plenty of people this post game...its too bad your record held you back from a 2 or 3...ga. southern should've been opposite of NDSU in the bracket. top bracket is much more heavy than the bottom. too bad one of us had to go home earlier than we should

first time ive clapped an opposing team off the field. GSU gave a hell of an effort

No doubt. GSU would beat either team playing tonight, especially EWU! Nobody can say we had the easiest road to the championship.

CalBison97
12-15-2012, 02:03 PM

I would have done the same thing had I been there. The first (and only) time I've done that was at the Pitt St. playoff game at Dacotah Field, specifically that Pitt St. WR. GSU's McKinnon is a beast and is fun to watch!

bisonhp330
12-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Great to see some classy GSU fans on the board and be able to talk a little smack. Those guys gave us such a run for our money. Mckinnon is a beast. Not sure I have ever seen a QB take a beating like that. We will see these guys again next year. And we better be ready! And even know Russel made some bad decisions, I think we will see him on Sundays too.
dont think so.....arent they jumping FBS next year? or is that out a yr further.....?

jimmyptubas
12-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Early in the game, we missed our extra point. I wondered if it played a role and I think it might have: if the game played out the same our last drive would've tied the game, giving them the option to either tie or win. We might have stopped them but I'm not sure I could've handled an overtime game.

bisonhp330
12-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I disagree on the OT- our offense was making some plays- and i will take our defense on the short field against anyone- it would have come down to special teams and a FG....and they have none. ifs and butts of course- none of which matters FRISCO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BisonBabe
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I had the chance to get over to the visitors section after the game greet some more GSU fans (and talk with some again) They have some great fans and it was a pleasure to have you all up here. But next year please be on the other side of the bracket and meet us in Texas....My heart can't handle another semi game like that again.

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2012, 02:50 PM
i I make a motion we move the game from Frisco to the dome. any seconds?

As cool as that sounds.......the atmoshere at the stadium in Frisco last year was better imho.
a) nearly as loud.
b) traditional outdoor late season weather.
c) nearly equal fan representation.
d) epic pre-game (Friday night) festivities
e) Jerry Rice chest bumping Thundar right in front of me.
f) can't wait to go back.
ONE NEGATIVE: Had to cancel my stripper bus reservation because of poor intrest from who I thought were real manly B-Villers. :(

bisonhp330
12-15-2012, 03:01 PM
As cool as that sounds.......the atmoshere at the stadium in Frisco last year was better imho.
a) nearly as loud.
b) traditional outdoor late season weather.
c) nearly equal fan representation.
d) epic pre-game (Friday night) festivities
e) Jerry Rice chest bumping Thundar right in front of me.
f) can't wait to go back.
ONE NEGATIVE: Had to cancel my stripper bus reservation because of poor intrest from who I thought were real manly B-Villers. :(

AGEED...motion withdrawn..you forgot:
G) in early January- Frisco IS our home field!

jimmyptubas
12-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Izzy or anyone for that matter, where were the Friday festivities and will they be at the same place this year?

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Izzy or anyone for that matter, where were the Friday festivities and will they be at the same place this year?

For specifices, check the gobison.com information for this year's events.
Last year, there was an incredible sea of Bison fans at the alumni event that eventually spilled over into a huge area of Frisco's beautiful little night life/hotel/convention center area.
Though my memory is somewhat foggy due to excessive alcohol consumption, near the stadium there is a brand spankin' new little neighborhood built with bars, restaurants, hotels, etc. Just an ideal place for this type of celebration. Sure, many of the establishments ran low on resources but something tells me that they won't understimate the forthcoming carnage for 2013.
The northern suburbs of DFW are very easy to navigate. The highways (some toll) are new, multi-lane teriffic roads. This entire area looks, feels, and performs like a new sports car.

jimmyptubas
12-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Cool. Thanks! My hotel is in Plano but I expect to be in Frisco most of the night!

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh. Almost forgot one of the most important things.
Near the stadium complex there is a sports bar featuring stunningly gorgeous female bartenders dressed in lingerie............vey skimpy lingerie..........and most of what folks order is located beneath the bar for some odd reason..........
If you go, and are a male, and you appreciate beautiful southern women that are wearing nearly nothing, and are heterosexual but fail to go here at least once..........................I got nothin' else for ya.

jimmyptubas
12-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Do you know the name of the place? If I tell them Izzy sent me do I get a discount or taken into another room?

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes and yes.
It's called "3rd Base Sports Bar.
You will most certainly be taken into a private room if you mention my name.........
.at which point you will be beaten senseless unless you give up my whereabouts to the Frisco Texas Police Department.

bri-dog
12-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Here's a linky:

http://www.3rdbasesportsbarandgrill.com/

Did someone say Police Department? I may have to be ready to flash my Frisco Junior Police sticker. :biggrin:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/friscopolice.jpg

semobison
12-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I have been attending Bison games for 30 years and this was the first time I left feeling bad for the team we had just beaten. Great game, just a shame someone had to lose! The Football gods were on the Bison side last night!

jimmyptubas
12-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm sad to lose them as a competitor in the FCS..

semobison
12-15-2012, 04:27 PM

We did not outplay GSU last night! Holy shit, look at the yardage! Football can be a funny game, sometimes you can get your ass handed to you and still win!

1998braves64
12-15-2012, 04:38 PM
I would say we got outplayed, the difference was we made our plays count (58 yd Ojuri run 2 plays after a fumble, made a field goal (that imo was game winner without that we'd been in OT), Brock gets a QB draw TD on a 4th and 3 from the 6 (? i wasn't watching my heart couldn't take it anymore!)yard line.

Bisonguy
12-15-2012, 06:14 PM
We did not outplay GSU last night! Holy shit, look at the yardage! Football can be a funny game, sometimes you can get your ass handed to you and still win!

If you're looking at the stats and don't look past the offensive yards, yeah, it looks like NDSU was outplayed. Look past that and see the penalties, turnovers, and special teams (especially punting) and it looks like the nailbiter that it was.

NorthernBison
12-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I would say we got outplayed, the difference was we made our plays count (58 yd Ojuri run 2 plays after a fumble, made a field goal (that imo was game winner without that we'd been in OT), Brock gets a QB draw TD on a 4th and 3 from the 6 (? i wasn't watching my heart couldn't take it anymore!)yard line.

The real game winner for us was when they blocked our PAT. That caused the eventual 4 point deficit and forced us to go for it rather than taking a FG to force OT. I would not have liked to see OT.

IndyBison
12-15-2012, 06:38 PM
The biggest play that nobody else has mentioned was the hit on McKinnon after a short run deep in their territory with about 9 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Jirek hit him after he was on the ground (very close to a late hit) and he got up slowly. He was a non-factor after that play and I'm guessing had some very sore ribs.

Tatanka
12-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Have to send a Christmas card and a happy Harry's gift certificate to manbearpig. Rewatching the game, I see he was personally responsible for two and probably three personal fouls in the waning minutes of the game.

56BISON73
12-15-2012, 06:45 PM
The biggest play that nobody else has mentioned was the hit on McKinnon after a short run deep in their territory with about 9 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Jirek hit him after he was on the ground (very close to a late hit) and he got up slowly. He was a non-factor after that play and I'm guessing had some very sore ribs.

When I saw that I was looking for flags. Dodged a bullet.

ndsubison1
12-15-2012, 06:49 PM

its amazing how classless and cheap some players become once the result is in hand

stevdock
12-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Gotta give McKinnon credit though, he was slippery who never took a big hit. I figured we get a couple big hit on the QB early and their entire offense will slow down. I think that one by Jirek might have been about the only one he took.

CalBison97
12-15-2012, 06:57 PM
When I saw that I was looking for flags. Dodged a bullet.

If they weren't going to throw one on GSU against Ojuri? who was down and rolled over near the sideline a bit earlier, they sure has heck better not be throwing one against McKinnon who was still falling, but not completely down. Maybe a spearing penalty, but I don't even know if a spearing penalty exists any longer.

IndyBison
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
If they weren't going to throw one on GSU against Ojuri? who was down and rolled over near the sideline a bit earlier, they sure has heck better not be throwing one against McKinnon who was still falling, but not completely down. Maybe a spearing penalty, but I don't even know if a spearing penalty exists any longer.

Spearing is still a foul but it's leading with the crown of the helmet. That's not what he did. He just landed on his back.

BisonTeacher
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks but your team kicked our butt tonight. No doubt about it. Riddled with mistakes on both sides. Sloppy plays put a damper on wart could have been a great game. It leaves doubt on our side and I'm sure a lot of "what ifs" on your side. You have a hard nosed team there.

This. I still cant believe we won. GSU was running all over us.

NorthernBison
12-15-2012, 10:03 PM
The stats that matter are the numbers 23-20. Gotta score more than the opposition. Takes all phases. They won the yardage battle. We won most other phases in addition to scoring more.

WRSDBison
12-15-2012, 10:20 PM

Wow, talk about classless. Your post should be in the dictionary as an example of the word.

A1pigskin
12-15-2012, 10:34 PM
One of the top games I have been to in a long time.

UTH
12-16-2012, 05:02 AM

Oh, and I would say the exact thing if we would have lost.

^^^^THIS*^^^^

*only i don't think i'm dating his girlfriend

GSUsTALON
12-16-2012, 12:51 PM
TALON here.
It took me two days to get over the loss. It has been three years in a row that we missed the NC and twice because of the Bioson.
That said you deserve the win and the acolades that go with it. I thought the game was a great one and we were much closer this year than last.

Here's to the Bison and their fans. May the best team win the NC this year & I think you have a good chance.
I still want another rematch next year. Although it hasn't been much of a rivalry to you with the Bison winning all the games you have replace, for me, the team to beat even over our dreaded in conference rivalry with AppSt.

Party On Bison Fans
TALON

WYOBISONMAN
12-16-2012, 01:05 PM
TALON here.
It took me two days to get over the loss. It has been three years in a row that we missed the NC and twice because of the Bioson.
That said you deserve the win and the acolades that go with it. I thought the game was a great one and we were much closer this year than last.

Here's to the Bison and their fans. May the best team win the NC this year & I think you have a good chance.
I still want another rematch next year. Although it hasn't been much of a rivalry to you with the Bison winning all the games you have replace, for me, the team to beat even over our dreaded in conference rivalry with AppSt.

Party On Bison Fans
TALON

I gotta tell you, I was at the game in Statesboro, and the GSU fans are absolutely the most welcoming fans I have ever been around. We had a great time and after the game we were at a local watering hole and the GSU fans wouldn't let us buy a beer. The table was full of pitcher sent over from GSU fans saying "Great game". I have never been treated so well by opposing fans. You guys are class and FCS will be diminished if GSU decides to leave. Whatever the outcome is I wish nothing but the best for GSU.

CalBison97
12-16-2012, 01:09 PM
TALON here.

Party On Bison Fans
TALON

Classy post. The two teams that scared me the most when the brackets were revealed were GSU and SHSU, both of which I had going as far as they are. The TO is very entertaining to watch and McKinnon is a near master at the helm. I feel fortunate that we won, and one of these times GSU will get us. We play 10 times this year, it would go 5-5 or 6-4. I hope GSU somehow doesn't go forward with their leap to the FBS, not only because they will become irrelevant (at least if titles are the goal), but also these 'clash of the titans' battles are great for the FCS.

GSUsTALON
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Classy post. The two teams that scared me the most when the brackets were revealed were GSU and SHSU, both of which I had going as far as they are. The TO is very entertaining to watch and McKinnon is a near master at the helm. I feel fortunate that we won, and one of these times GSU will get us. We play 10 times this year, it would go 5-5 or 6-4. I hope GSU somehow doesn't go forward with their leap to the FBS, not only because they will become irrelevant (at least if titles are the goal), but also these 'clash of the titans' battles are great for the FCS.

I myself have reservations for an invite to either the SunBelt or CUSA. There is nothing like a true playoff system to determine the TRUE National Champion. Each playoff game is like a bowl to me with the next team moving on. It allows you to play against different styles of offenses and defensive schemes and styles from around the country which really challenges the coaching staffs, players & is exciting for the fans of the teams that play each other.

Your point about relevance also holds true. The winner of the Sunbelt gets on shot in a Toilet Bowl that is watched by few and ends up as a pat on the back for a good season but nothing more. Of Course it’s easier to get OOC games with the big boys for a paycheck. If we do move I hope it will be a few years down the road and GSU has a chance at another NC before we go. As of now we are expanding our stadium and adding a 52,000 sq. ft. Football complex at the end of the stadium so they are looking at moving up.

Again I would like to say that the bison really impress me the way that GSU did in the 80s & 90s. You have a hell of a coaching staff & I hope for your sake they are not raided by some FBS team. Not that you couldn’t replace them but what you have now should be appreciated.
Party On Bison
TALON

PlainsBison
12-16-2012, 01:49 PM
I met some GSU fans in the concourse after the game on Friday evening, and they too were class acts. Very friendly, very respective of NDSU's win. Very impressed. I really enjoyed my five minute chat with them.

KilldeerBison
12-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Seemed to me that this hit was a result of how McKinnon ran. Many times while seeming to be down and after contact, he would lower his head and upper body and drive forward, often getting another 2-3 yards. When he did this, his back was exposed, no way to get underneath him. McKinnon was driving forward in this same way when Cole hit him.

GSUsTALON
12-16-2012, 02:01 PM
The play that really disturbed me was when we were on your 35? With 10 yards to go and we punted it into your end zone. WE should have gone for it and it could possibly have gotten a first down and if not the few extra yards we would have given you was worth the try. Oh well it doesn’t matter now. You got the job done in the 2nd half and we didn't.

How many 1st stringers will you lose next year? You being the next NC or runner up should have a good recruiting season.

GSU needs two shut down corners and a PAT, FG kicker.

unbison
12-16-2012, 02:13 PM
The play that really disturbed me was when we were on your 35? With 10 yards to go and we punted it into your end zone. WE should have gone for it and it could possibly have gotten a first down and if not the few extra yards we would have given you was worth the try. Oh well it doesn’t matter now. You got the job done in the 2nd half and we didn't.

How many 1st stringers will you lose next year? You being the next NC or runner up should have a good recruiting season.

We lose a corner a tight end and one o line man that's it !

GSUsTALON
12-16-2012, 02:15 PM
We lose a corner a tight end and one o line man that's it !

THen your just going to reload. Bad news for other FCS teams!

roadwarrior
12-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Party On Bison Fans

Thanks! This is a phrase we live by on the northern plains!

IndyBison
12-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Seemed to me that this hit was a result of how McKinnon ran. Many times while seeming to be down and after contact, he would lower his head and upper body and drive forward, often getting another 2-3 yards. When he did this, his back was exposed, no way to get underneath him. McKinnon was driving forward in this same way when Cole hit him.

Not in this case. He was lying on the ground when he was hit. The down was over.

IndyBison
12-16-2012, 02:20 PM

I sent a note to a friend of mine who coaches kickers in Atlanta and told him to send you one.

stevdock
12-16-2012, 02:21 PM
We lose 4 current starters. Our center, te/fb (dont know if he's a starter but important piece to the offense when healthy), cb, and ss (replacement for Heagle. We do only lose 7 seniors total.

You have a great team and in my opinion that game on Friday goes down as one of the best in Bison history. Definitely the best game I've seen in the dome.

KSBisonFan
12-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone else have a flashback to Bentrim and Simdorn watching how McKinnon sat down under center? Simdorn especially got very low. Love watching the TO run well.

Will be interesting to see if GSU moves to FBS if it would ever be a possibility to schedule a home and home??? Seems like a lot of respect and a rivalry growing here.

tony
12-16-2012, 02:30 PM

On offense, NDSU loses two guys from the two deep: Garrett Bruhn, TE who battled injuries all year and started 6 games and the center, Joe Lund, who started all games. Big losses. Ty Beckius, an OL, was hurt before the season started so don't know if he'll be able to go.

On defense, NDSU loses three from the two-deep: Safety Bobby Ollman who has started the last 7 games after Colten Heagle and Bryan Shepherd got hurt. Really good, smart player. DE Ricky Hagen who started four games in place of Kyle Emanuel. CB Andre Martin who started 11 games and really helped shore up the secondary. Aerial Boyd is another secondary player who didn't start a game this year but provided valuable depth.

NDSU could gain two starters if their rehabs go well: Colten Heagle and Leevon Perry. Bryan Shepherd is already back.

Of course, in the off-season, NDSU always seems to suffer some attrition: injury, grades, discipline, and/or graduation.

Two years from now should be interesting because NDSU could have 18-20 seniors on the two-deep next year.

BisonNeil
12-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow that was fucking nuts. May br one of the best games I have ever seen. You guys are awesome. Hope I never see the triple option again. Bison fans gave your team a thunderous roar as the left the field. It was ugly but at that matters is we're going to Frisco baby!

Is Jan 5 too soon for you?

Gully
12-16-2012, 03:19 PM

I agree with you. I was certain GSU would go for it and was quite relieved when they punted. Even better that it went into the endzone. NDSU doesn't lose too many. Should be even better next year as we get a couple of defensive stars back. Also hoping one of our young WRs steps up as a legit threat to stretch the field.

BisonNeil
12-16-2012, 03:20 PM

Just watched the game, and it wasn't Jirik (93), it was LaVoy (63), and he came down with his elbow in the ribs. I don't know if it was intentional, but I think it knocked the wind out of McKinnon.

phxbison
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Anyone else have a flashback to Bentrim and Simdorn watching how McKinnon sat down under center? Simdorn especially got very low. Love watching the TO run well.

Will be interesting to see if GSU moves to FBS if it would ever be a possibility to schedule a home and home??? Seems like a lot of respect and a rivalry growing here.I thought the exact same thing when I saw him. LOL. I also had a flashback to when we got beat on that last second 50 yd feildgoal in the National Championship game when GSU kicker linedup for that 50ydr at the end of the game.

GSUsTALON
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Funny or sad thing is Coach Monken was so desperate for a kicker he went to the soccer coach a few weeks earlier and picked this guy up. It was his first football kick and it appeared he took too much time to kick after the ball was placed for him. I sad, in an earlier post, if it came down to a FG we would most likely lose this one.

GSUsTALON
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I sent a note to a friend of mine who coaches kickers in Atlanta and told him to send you one.

Does he coach for highschool? If so by all means contact him again. I see a full scolorship for the next kicker!

Swaghook
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Is Jan 5 too soon for you?

SHSU uses a form of the option I would not call it a true triple option team. The biggest failure of the EWU defense was on defending the pitch. I don't think NDSU will make the same mistakes with how they defend the running plays.

CAS4127
12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
SHSU runs both a read/spread option and a TO from what I saw yesterday.

1998braves64
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
SHSU uses a form of the option I would not call it a true triple option team. The biggest failure of the EWU defense was on defending the pitch. I don't think NDSU will make the same mistakes with how they defend the running plays.

They have a much different option O as CAS mentioned, they tend to pass more, also Bell is a fast runner, not sure if he's a good runner as NDSU didn't have much problems bringing him down, he isn't going to run over anyone just by them if he can, and a decent passer. Flanders is their workhorse running back. Correct me if I'm wrong SHSU doesn't or didn't run many dives... obviously probably because of the spread o they run along with the triple option at times?

IndyBison
12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Does he coach for highschool? If so by all means contact him again. I see a full scolorship for the next kicker!

Yes. His current kicker is being recruited by major D1 schools and kicking 50+ off the ground (no tee).

SDbison
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
On offense, NDSU loses two guys from the two deep: Garrett Bruhn, TE who battled injuries all year and started 6 games and the center, Joe Lund, who started all games. Big losses. Ty Beckius, an OL, was hurt before the season started so don't know if he'll be able to go.

On defense, NDSU loses three from the two-deep: Safety Bobby Ollman who has started the last 7 games after Colten Heagle and Bryan Shepherd got hurt. Really good, smart player. DE Ricky Hagen who started four games in place of Kyle Emanuel. CB Andre Martin who started 11 games and really helped shore up the secondary. Aerial Boyd is another secondary player who didn't start a game this year but provided valuable depth.

NDSU could gain two starters if their rehabs go well: Colten Heagle and Leevon Perry. Bryan Shepherd is already back.

Of course, in the off-season, NDSU always seems to suffer some attrition: injury, grades, discipline, and/or graduation.

Two years from now should be interesting because NDSU could have 18-20 seniors on the two-deep next year. One of seniors next year will be Jesse Hinz, who was injured early this season (torn peck). He will replace Joe Lund at center. Jesse has starting experience there, and is just as big and tough as Joe. There won't be any drop off at center. As for the TE position, I really wish NDSU could recruit some bigger TE's that have more size than Garrett Bruhn (he is an awesome blocker, but 6'1" is small for this position at any level). A 270lb 6'6 TE with great hands that can catch the ball and block would be great..........but then the offense would have to throw the ball to the TE more than once a game.

IzzyFlexion
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
DRIFT WARNING:
Can't wait to see if big Jack Plankers can step up.

VanClubPres
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
DRIFT WARNING:
Can't wait to see if big Jack Plankers can step up.

This. K-Town Represent!!!!

KilldeerBison
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Not in this case. He was lying on the ground when he was hit. The down was over.

I went and re-watched the play. This play was typical of the inside running that McKinnon did all day. He was hit at the line by Beck, started falling down and put his hand on the ground to stay up, Drevlow also got a piece of him, then McKinnon shot forward about 3 yards, his upper body was very close to the ground. At the same time, Jirik was leaning forward/sideways to initiate a stop/tackle. As McKinnin's knee hit the ground, Jirik was falling and his shoulder was only about 6 inches from McKinnin. Basically, the hit was like bang-bang, Mckinnin's knee down then Jirik's hit. Cole used his shoulder/upper arm, he did not use his helment in any way. I agree with the no call, I think the officials got it right.

KilldeerBison
12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
On the final Bison draw play for a TD, T. Gimmestad pulls through the hole, meets two GSU guys and pushes them both backwards into the endzone. The entire oline moved the GSU dline off the line, Grothmann had a real nice block too. WOW!!

IndyBison
12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I went and re-watched the play. This play was typical of the inside running that McKinnon did all day. He was hit at the line by Beck, started falling down and put his hand on the ground to stay up, Drevlow also got a piece of him, then McKinnon shot forward about 3 yards, his upper body was very close to the ground. At the same time, Jirik was leaning forward/sideways to initiate a stop/tackle. As McKinnin's knee hit the ground, Jirik was falling and his shoulder was only about 6 inches from McKinnin. Basically, the hit was like bang-bang, Mckinnin's knee down then Jirik's hit. Cole used his shoulder/upper arm, he did not use his helment in any way. I agree with the no call, I think the officials got it right.
I'm not saying it should have been penalized. It was late but probably not enough to flag.

My main point is I think the hit had a huge impact on McKinnon's ability to be effective. He didn't move as well after that.

unbison
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
One of seniors next year will be Jesse Hinz, who was injured early this season (torn peck). He will replace Joe Lund at center. Jesse has starting experience there, and is just as big and tough as Joe. There won't be any drop off at center. As for the TE position, I really wish NDSU could recruit some bigger TE's that have more size than Garrett Bruhn (he is an awesome blocker, but 6'1" is small for this position at any level). A 270lb 6'6 TE with great hands that can catch the ball and block would be great..........but then the offense would have to throw the ball to the TE more than once a game. our right tackle is that size

riceweb
12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
On the final Bison draw play for a TD, T. Gimmestad pulls through the hole, meets two GSU guys and pushes them both backwards into the endzone. The entire oline moved the GSU dline off the line, Grothmann had a real nice block too. WOW!!

Bison were extremely poised in the final 5 minutes... sure looked more experienced/composed than a lot of FBS programs

stevdock
12-17-2012, 01:54 AM
One of seniors next year will be Jesse Hinz, who was injured early this season (torn peck). He will replace Joe Lund at center. Jesse has starting experience there, and is just as big and tough as Joe. There won't be any drop off at center. As for the TE position, I really wish NDSU could recruit some bigger TE's that have more size than Garrett Bruhn (he is an awesome blocker, but 6'1" is small for this position at any level). A 270lb 6'6 TE with great hands that can catch the ball and block would be great..........but then the offense would have to throw the ball to the TE more than once a game.

I know Hinz has experience and everything but don't be surprised if Zack Johnson is the starter or at least pushes for a lot of playing time. As a true freshman he has had a very nice season.

Also just a question but if a TE is 6'6 and 270 and can catch and block doesn't that make it really hard for any FCS school to get someone like that? Not only does that sound like an FBS recruit but also a BCS guy.

BisoninNWMN
12-17-2012, 02:01 AM
our right tackle is that size

Ya, and he is a RFR too. Give him another 2 yrs and he'll probably have 20-30 more lbs on his frame.

unbison
12-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Ya, and he is a RFR too. Give him another 2 yrs and he'll probably have 20-30 more lbs on his frame.
Recruiting 6'6 270 lbs tightends? Is ridonkulous!

EndZoneQB
12-17-2012, 02:37 AM
I know Hinz has experience and everything but don't be surprised if Zack Johnson is the starter or at least pushes for a lot of playing time. As a true freshman he has had a very nice season.

Also just a question but if a TE is 6'6 and 270 and can catch and block doesn't that make it really hard for any FCS school to get someone like that? Not only does that sound like an FBS recruit but also a BCS guy.

Yeah, Wurzbacher and Veldman were BCS guys. Good thing they transferred he...err wait.. they didn't transfer?

HerdBot
12-17-2012, 02:41 AM
One of seniors next year will be Jesse Hinz, who was injured early this season (torn peck). He will replace Joe Lund at center. Jesse has starting experience there, and is just as big and tough as Joe. There won't be any drop off at center. As for the TE position, I really wish NDSU could recruit some bigger TE's that have more size than Garrett Bruhn (he is an awesome blocker, but 6'1" is small for this position at any level). A 270lb 6'6 TE with great hands that can catch the ball and block would be great..........but then the offense would have to throw the ball to the TE more than once a game.

Hinz should be able to use this year as a redshirt too since he played as a true frosh (same with Heagle to reoplace Ollman so it won't be a major loss)

unbison
12-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Yeah, Wurzbacher and Veldman were BCS guys. Good thing they transferred he...err wait.. they didn't transfer?
They were not 6'6 270 lbs either!

Kermit
12-17-2012, 02:53 AM

Yes, I also think Zach Johnson will be in the mix for a starting spot in the spring.

CAS4127
12-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Yes, I also think Zach Johnson will be in the mic for a starting spot in the spring.

Can't wait to see these young guys after winter and summer workouts. They have yet to get a chance to physically mature much. I like how our Oline looks in years ahead.

HerdBot
12-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Can't wait to see these young guys after winter and summer workouts. They have yet to get a chance to physically mature much. I like how our Oline looks in years ahead.

Agree...these guys will really bulk up. Haag and Colville are on the lighter side... I think Haag is only 6-6 280. Huge by normal people standards but a little on the light side for a RT on the Bison. But man can he move for a big guy!

The kid from Beach should be huge too. Edit Lechler I forgot his name

344Johnson
12-17-2012, 03:08 AM
Agree...these guys will really bulk up. Haag and Colville are on the lighter side... I think Haag is only 6-6 280. Huge by normal people standards but a little on the light side for a RT on the Bison. But man can he move for a big guy!

The kid from Beach should be huge too. Edit Lechler I forgot his name

yeah, anyone know what the odds are of Plankers pushing his way into the lineup?

stevdock
12-17-2012, 03:39 AM
yeah, anyone know what the odds are of Plankers pushing his way into the lineup?

From personal experience, he's obviously big enough and smart enough to handle anything that's thrown at him. The best thing about Jack is how bad he wants it. He wants to play football as long as possible, and figures he might as well get a little education thrown in there too while he's at it.

My son in particular is going to love next Bison season if Jack sees the field. He can follow Esley on Special Teams and Defense (Esley was his baseball coach last summer) and Jack on offense, who he shared a high 5 with just about every day during his 1st grade year.

ndsubison1
12-17-2012, 05:10 AM
TALON here.

Party On Bison Fans
TALON

i respect the gsu program. arguably and probably the best FCS program of all time as of now. i remember watching the teams with adrian peterson (the chicago bears AP). those were great teams. will be sad to see you guys go when the sun belt likely invites you officially

onbison09
12-17-2012, 06:01 AM
I myself have reservations for an invite to either the SunBelt or CUSA. There is nothing like a true playoff system to determine the TRUE National Champion. Each playoff game is like a bowl to me with the next team moving on. It allows you to play against different styles of offenses and defensive schemes and styles from around the country which really challenges the coaching staffs, players & is exciting for the fans of the teams that play each other.

Your point about relevance also holds true. The winner of the Sunbelt gets on shot in a Toilet Bowl that is watched by few and ends up as a pat on the back for a good season but nothing more. Of Course it’s easier to get OOC games with the big boys for a paycheck. If we do move I hope it will be a few years down the road and GSU has a chance at another NC before we go. As of now we are expanding our stadium and adding a 52,000 sq. ft. Football complex at the end of the stadium so they are looking at moving up.

Again I would like to say that the bison really impress me the way that GSU did in the 80s & 90s. You have a hell of a coaching staff & I hope for your sake they are not raided by some FBS team. Not that you couldn’t replace them but what you have now should be appreciated.
Party On Bison
TALON

You nailed it about the Sun Belt. I go to a Belt school and it sucks

BisoninNWMN
12-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Recruiting 6'6 270 lbs tightends? Is ridonkulous!

Well, no sh**. I'm refering to our RT. He is lighter right now, give him a couple of years to get bigger.

unbison
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I was referring to this

EndZoneQB
12-17-2012, 12:55 PM
They were not 6'6 270 lbs either!

K sorry, 6'6'' 250.

unbison
12-17-2012, 01:01 PM
K sorry, 6'6'' 250.
Neither of them were more then 230 when being recruited is my point

SDbison
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Since NDSU uses the TE as a blocker 97% of the time may as well recruit a lineman size TE........that is my point. Bruhn is in the game as a blocker and much as he kicks ass he is way undersized as a TE goes.......at any college level. When NDSU wants to pass to the TE they bring in one of our tallest TE's at 6'4" which is also small for DI.

SDbison
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Neither of them were more then 230 when being recruited is my point You missed the point of my post a long time ago.

gataeagles06
12-18-2012, 12:18 PM
I joined the board to chime in on this thread. I made the trip to Fargo last week and didn't really know what to expect. After reading posts primarily on AGS, I prepared myself for the worst. That being said, I got to BWW around 2:00 Friday and was beyond pleasantly surprised how great your fans are. Usually when I travel to games I catch grief (which is expected) from a majority of the fans, but this did not happen in Fargo. Everyone I met was beyond hospitable and went out of their way to introduce themselves and say "Welcome to Fargo," which was usually followed by "let me get you beer!" lol. Needless to say I didn't spend much money at the bar. Around 4:30 I decided to venture to the tailgate lot. My original plan was to walk around and see the entire lot. That didn't come close to happening. I made it about 40 feet into the tailgate lot and was invited to join multiple tailgates. The multitude of buses and diehards (to the likes of which I've never seen at the FCS level other than GSU) blew me away. Thanks for a great time, NDSU fans! Also, thanks for introducing me to Root Beer Schnapps. That liquid gold made me feel marginally better after the game was over :) Good luck in the finals!

westnodak93bison
12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Since NDSU uses the TE as a blocker 97% of the time may as well recruit a lineman size TE........that is my point. Bruhn is in the game as a blocker and much as he kicks ass he is way undersized as a TE goes.......at any college level. When NDSU wants to pass to the TE they bring in one of our tallest TE's at 6'4" which is also small for DI.

Here is the type of TE we need. Rob Gronkowski TE #87 Height: 6-6 Weight: 265
He would be perfect for our system. He would probably have like 15 catches and 2 TD for the year. Not sure how to do that purple font thing.

daddy daycare
12-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I joined the board to chime in on this thread. I made the trip to Fargo last week and didn't really know what to expect. After reading posts primarily on AGS, I prepared myself for the worst. That being said, I got to BWW around 2:00 Friday and was beyond pleasantly surprised how great your fans are. Usually when I travel to games I catch grief (which is expected) from a majority of the fans, but this did not happen in Fargo. Everyone I met was beyond hospitable and went out of their way to introduce themselves and say "Welcome to Fargo," which was usually followed by "let me get you beer!" lol. Needless to say I didn't spend much money at the bar. Around 4:30 I decided to venture to the tailgate lot. My original plan was to walk around and see the entire lot. That didn't come close to happening. I made it about 40 feet into the tailgate lot and was invited to join multiple tailgates. The multitude of buses and diehards (to the likes of which I've never seen at the FCS level other than GSU) blew me away. Thanks for a great time, NDSU fans! Also, thanks for introducing me to Root Beer Schnapps. That liquid gold made me feel marginally better after the game was over :) Good luck in the finals!

Glad you enjoyed your time in Fargo (except for the result). I tried to say Welcome to any GSU fan I came across. Don't think I did that for SDSU :). If you think Rootbeer Schnapps is good, you gotta try something called Rumchatta (sp?). Tastes exactly like Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk.