PDA

View Full Version : GSU Eagles Take it to a New "Decibel" in Practice

JustinTyem
12-13-2012, 02:36 AM
http://www2.wsav.com/sports/2012/dec/12/gsu-eagles-take-it-new-decibel-practice-ar-5153196/

Bookem
12-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Lol, "Eagles prep for Bisons"

MNLonghorn10
12-13-2012, 02:50 AM
they shouldve opened practice to GSU fans.

oh.

theyre not as loud as Bison fans?

1st&TennBison
12-13-2012, 03:00 AM
I got news for them.........it's not loud enough.Go Bison

NDSU1980
12-13-2012, 03:04 AM
they shouldve opened practice to GSU fans.
They probably did...............................All 6 of them

BisonNation11
12-13-2012, 03:07 AM
I got news for them.........it's not loud enough.Go Bison

Agree. Playing in front of 19,000 screaming, gold clad fans that hate your guts is something you can't prepare for.

UTH
12-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Agree. Playing in front of 19,000 screaming, gold clad fans that hate your guts is something you can't prepare for.

Aye, but will a Friday shade of yellow really intimidate them enough??? My vote goes to "Hopefully".

SamsRams
12-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Aye, but will a Friday shade of yellow really intimidate them enough??? My vote goes to "Hopefully".

https://twitter.com/allyhoward/status/279006501664862208

What the heck is that screaming noise in Statesboro? #scary #confused

TbonZach
12-13-2012, 05:11 AM

Ha! That's awesome.

Snorty
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Let's really throw them off guard and show them how quiet we can be

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Can't simulate adrenaline or emotion of a football game.

Elvis was a Bison
12-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Agreed!!! No way to practice the lump in your throat or the shake in your kness that the Eagles will experience come Friday night. And even in a full-contact scrimmage, they can't experience the pain that will be inflicted by Grant Olson and the Bison D.

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Agreed!!! No way to practice the lump in your throat or the shake in your kness that the Eagles will experience come Friday night. And even in a full-contact scrimmage, they can't experience the pain that will be inflicted by Grant Olson and the Bison D.

And you cant simulate the best defense in the country! :rofl:

Elvis was a Bison
12-13-2012, 11:18 AM
^^^^^^^This^^^^^

1998braves64
12-13-2012, 03:04 PM

The responses are even better scroll down.

the_hog
12-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Let's really throw them off guard and show them how quiet we can be

Do something like this, quiet as a mouse until the first big hit on Defense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNo9x7KQ4ZI

BisonTeacher
12-13-2012, 03:20 PM

Thats pretty cool. I love that kind of stuff. The crowd participation is awesome. I nominate Gully to be the kid dancing in the middle of the field.

thundarsdaddy
12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
And you cant simulate the best defense in the country! :rofl:

^^^^^
hahahahaha no sh*t

pike51
12-13-2012, 03:36 PM
#buttairplanehangar

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 03:37 PM
#buttairplanehangar

It IS right by their airport...

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 03:38 PM
It IS right by their airport...

NDSU Fan: At least we have an airport, blah blah blah...

devin45k
12-13-2012, 03:39 PM
^^^^^
hahahahaha no sh*t

I like how they act like no one has tried during practice before lol

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Lol, "Eagles prep for Bisons"

I made fun of a poster about this early on, and they never got it.

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2012, 03:40 PM

A guy in my office went to Taylor, very religious small school. When he told me how crazy they get here, I almost didn't believe it.

pike51
12-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I like how y'all act like we haven't played in noise before.

NDSU reply: #buttnobodyisasloudaswearebecauseweplayina"dome"

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2012, 03:42 PM
NDSU Fan: At least we have an airport, blah blah blah...

damnit, beat me to it.

devin45k
12-13-2012, 03:43 PM

Technically you havent until us

And you got demolished

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Technically you havent until us

And you got demolished

Yeah, that was because of the noise...

devin45k
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM

So you are admitting you guys arent as good.

Bison"FANatic"
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM

You may think your ready for the dome but our players will also be ready. Take about 1 or 2 series and our players will have snap keys and hmmmmmm I think they may also be pretty good at picking up on "your" hand signals. Heck part of it we have already won as you have had to take precious practice time to focus in on the noise problems. The noise does not just affect game day.

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 03:48 PM
So you are admitting you guys arent as good.

Not at all, just shooting down your BS argument that noise had a huge impact on our team. I think we had 2 penalties for a total of 10 yards. Not sure if any of those two were false starts though...

devin45k
12-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Not at all, just shooting down your BS argument that noise had a huge impact on our team. I think we had 2 penalties for a total of 10 yards. Not sure if any of those two were false starts though...

so you lose 35-7 and nothing has to do with the noise and it's not because we are plain better than you?

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 03:51 PM
so you lose 35-7 and nothing has to do with the noise and it's not because we are plain better than you?

buttrehash

Three turnovers will do that to you.

How did you lose to ISU again?

devin45k
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
buttrehash

Three turnovers will do that to you.

How did you lose to ISU again?

2 turnovers and only by 3

not by 28

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 03:55 PM
2 turnovers and only by 3

not by 28

Box score says you threw three picks...

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Really? Had nothing to do with the #1 defense in the nation? We're pretty good on the road too where there is no noise.
Points allowed by our defense on the road is 11.6 points per game. (took out 1 pick six by our offense) Against Missouri State they had negative yards at halftime and South Dakota had 87 for the entire game.

devin45k
12-13-2012, 03:59 PM

and still only lost by 3....

You guys got hammered by 28

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Really? Had nothing to do with the #1 defense in the nation? We're pretty good on the road too where there is no noise.
Points allowed by our defense on the road is 11.6 points per game. (took out 1 pick six by our offense) Against Missouri State they had negative yards at halftime and South Dakota had 87 for the entire game.

Morons.

The thread is all about how daunting it is to play in the dome, and how the noise is such a factor, and how there's no way we can prepare for the noise. I shot down that argument with both barrels and now it's "defense, defense, defense." Great. You have an awesome defense. If anything give credit to your OFFENSE last year for converting those turnovers to points. Congrats.

Fun to see how I make a valid point and rats start scrambling to find another piece of cheese.

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 04:03 PM

We had 2 pick sixes against a really good Indiana State team and almost won. We allowed a field goal and Shakir Bell lead the nation in rushing at the time. Besides, like we did in the 4th quarter against you guys last year, we didn't even throw a single pass.

gotts
12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Morons.

The thread is all about how daunting it is to play in the dome, and how the noise is such a factor, and how there's no way we can prepare for the noise. I shot down that argument with both barrels and now it's "defense, defense, defense." Great. You have an awesome defense. If anything give credit to your OFFENSE last year for converting those turnovers to points. Congrats.

Fun to see how I make a valid point and rats start scrambling to find another piece of cheese.

At least spell it right, moran.

http://teamziptie.com/morans.jpg

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Morons.

It's not daunting, nobody cares if you're intimidated. It's just really hard to play when you can't hear the snap count and you can't audible. The defense just happens to be the beneficiary.

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 04:05 PM
We had 2 pick sixes against a really good Indiana State team and almost won. We allowed a field goal and Shakir Bell lead the nation in rushing at the time. Besides, like we did in the 4th quarter against you guys last year, we didn't even throw a single pass.

Remember how you guys were all about "moral victories" on the whole buttBama thing.

Double standard. Yet again.

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 04:06 PM
At least spell it right, moran.
http://teamziptie.com/morans.jpg

Touche.....

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Morons.

You said the only reason we won is because of noise. I'm saying our defense is great, noise or not. They would kick ass at home, on the road, or in a parking lot. We actually play better on the road and we haven't lost a game since 2010. So prepare all you want for noise. Good luck simulating our defense in practice.

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=gabe;693431]You said the only reason we won is because of noise./QUOTE]

Where?

I said the reason you won was because of converting points off of turnovers.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500_zps8cc58001.gif

CAS4127
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh for Eff Sakes, the noise will be a factor-->no question about it. Not saying it will result in a bunch of false starts, but it does and will have some effect on concentration. So, even though we may not see it through penalties, it's there. In fact, if I recall correctly, one of GSU's linemen was quoted in the paper last year as saying it had an effect on him. If not a GSU Olinemen, then it was one of the Olinmen from one of the other teams that came in here for the PO's.

In short, the degree of effect is what is debatable, not whether it exists. Flame away, GSU posters-->and then GFY's!!

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Remember how you guys were all about "moral victories" on the whole buttBama thing.

We gave Indiana State all the credit. No moral victories here. I'm just saying if you give up 2 pick sixes, typically you get your ass kicked. We didn't. We've lost 2 games in 2 years so I really don't need to justify just how good our team is. You've lost 6 games in 2 years including us so it's not like your unbeatable. You can't seem to beat Appalachian State although Illinois State from our conference didn't seem to have a problem with them. So when you talk smack it' just empty smack. The game is won on the field. Not by annoying fans like you.

BisonTeacher
12-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Morons.

Nice. How does this guy still have green chicklets?

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 04:47 PM
We gave Indiana State all the credit. No moral victories here. I'm just saying if you give up 2 pick sixes, typically you get your ass kicked. We didn't. We've lost 2 games in 2 years so I really don't need to justify just how good our team is. You've lost 6 games in 2 years including us so it's not like your unbeatable. You can't seem to beat Appalachian State although Illinois State from our conference didn't seem to have a problem with them. So when you talk smack it' just empty smack. The game is won on the field. Not by annoying fans like you.

Here I am giving props to your teams offense and defense and I'm annoying fan for shooting down the crowd noise/dome argument/factor.

Interesting...

pike51
12-13-2012, 04:49 PM
and then GFY's!!

Well would you look at that. I'm so proud. My little one is growing up so fast.

Bisonguy
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM

FYI- CAS had "GFY" bedazzled on his jeans years ago.

CAS4127
12-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Don't flatter yourself, I have posted the FU, GFY and other similar things here, and have spelled them fully out. Trying to stay away from doing so, as it's disreprectful to our forum creator/adminstrator and against board rule . . . but you guys are making it really difficult!! :biggrin:

BlueBisonRock
12-13-2012, 05:08 PM
FYI- CAS had "GFY" bedazzled on his jeans years ago.

Yes he did:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Bison%202011/DSC_1049.jpg

Butt... I like this photo more.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Bison%20FB%202012/DSC_1826_zps8d17eb05.jpg

This one ain't bad either.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Bison%20FB%202012/DSC_1713-1.jpg

Memories of the Natty Pregame (for you GSU folks who missed the game).

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Bison%202011/DSC_1012.jpg

BisonNation11
12-13-2012, 05:16 PM
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s675/BisonNation11/youuu.gif

I see what you did there Rock! So nice of you!

BisonTeacher
12-13-2012, 05:18 PM
That belt clip phone case could use some bedazzling.

BisonCountry
12-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes he did:

FIFY
http://oi50.tinypic.com/b6pt0k.jpg

pike51
12-13-2012, 05:58 PM
In all seriousness... do y'all really wear jeans with stones and designs on them? I mean, we have girls who wear those down here and ladyboys... but men don't wear "designer" jeans (for lack of a better term).

BisonCountry
12-13-2012, 06:01 PM
In all seriousness... do y'all really wear jeans with stones and designs on them? I mean, we have girls who wear those down here and ladyboys... but men don't wear "designer" jeans (for lack of a better term).
We've seen what you wear....
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh99/tkonves/HillbillyOveralls.jpg

missingnumber7
12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
In all seriousness... do y'all really wear jeans with stones and designs on them? I mean, we have girls who wear those down here and ladyboys... but men don't wear "designer" jeans (for lack of a better term).Dudes got 3 Natty championship rings...he could wear a Salmon Colored TuTu and get away with it.

BisonTeacher
12-13-2012, 06:06 PM
dudes got 3 natty championship rings...he could wear a salmon colored Whioux Jersey and get away with it.

fify..................

pike51
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Dudes got 3 Natty championship rings...he could wear a Salmon Colored TuTu and get away with it.

I'm just asking a serious question. When I lived in Texas they didn't do that and we don't do that down here. When I visited SLC, we saw one guy with "bedazzled" jeans and a biker jacket on. At the time, I thought maybe he was a sissy boy and the MC was for sissy boys. Now I'm thinking it may be the style up there. That's all.

Ya learn something new everyday. Whatever works. Do y'all have those guys who wear smedium shirts too? I tell my buddy all the time to give his little brother his shirt back! HA HA

pike51
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
We've seen what you wear....
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh99/tkonves/HillbillyOveralls.jpg

Dude... if you were here in August, you'd cut the belly out of your overalls too! HA HA

1st&TennBison
12-13-2012, 07:23 PM

It's not the false starts that killed you guys last year, it was the fact that your O-line could not hear and they started late, 2-3 of them made statements about it, even when they went to a silent count. Also stated because of it they could not get a good push since the Bison D-line got a jump on them.

1st&TennBison
12-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Morons.

Well it would only make sense, if it wasn't the noise that played an effect and you shoot that down, then it had to be our defense that stopped you from scoring. And yes, the offense did take turnovers and turn them into points, but how did the offense get the ball in the first place to do that..........our defense. If the noise in the dome to you GSU fans isn't going to be a factor in the game, then why is your team pumping in as much noise as it can during practice this week.........because it is a problem, that is why. I'm sure the GSU head coach knows more about this than you do and that is why he is doing it.

1st&TennBison
12-13-2012, 07:37 PM

No one on this board claimed ISU -b to be a moral victory, you are the one that brought up that game, not anyone from here. You are the one who asked the question about why we lost, you should learn to keep track of your own posts and what you are saying.

CAS4127
12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
I think I can end this thread right here. If, as these GSU posters (posers?) proclaim, the Fargodome noise was not a factor last year, and if GSU coaches are not concerned about the noise again being a factor this year, why the hell are they practicing under "near defening crowd noise" conditions?!?!?!?:confused:

BOOM!!!!!:biggrin:

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 07:45 PM
No one on this board claimed ISU -b to be a moral victory, you are the one that brought up that game, not anyone from here. You are the one who asked the question about why we lost, you should learn to keep track of your own posts and what you are saying.

I asked that SARCASTICALLY because I already knew the answer numbnuts. And when someone says "we almost won..."

...yeah. That certainly sounds like you are claiming a moral victory to me.

gsu2583
12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
I think I can end this thread right here. If, as these GSU posters (posers?) proclaim, the Fargodome noise was not a factor last year, and if GSU coaches are not concerned about the noise again being a factor this year, why the hell are they practicing under "near defening crowd noise" conditions?!?!?!?:confused:

I guess you guys aren't practicing defending the option this week then...

pike51
12-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Um... because that's how we roll? What they failed to share was we also had stink fans out to simulate the god awful smell of that place. Seriously, it was like playing inside an ass. It wasn't the noise, it as the smell. It's trickery I tell you... option style

On_the_road
For a College that has such a good football team, they sure seem to have a weak group of fans posting on here. :duel:

Tatanka
I guess y'all ain't fixin to practice defending the option this week then...
C'mon, man. Say it right.

CAS4127
12-13-2012, 07:53 PM

Um... because that's how we roll? What they failed to share was we also had stink fans out to simulate the god awful smell of that place. Seriously, it was like playing inside an ass. It wasn't the noise, it as the smell. It's trickery I tell you... option style

I got you guys!! Just admit it, get over it, and move along-->can't be saved!! Look up the theory of deductive reasoning, and maybe we can talk about it when you come back here next year for yet another semi-final beatdown, not only on the field, but right here on this very board.

Oh, and pikey, I am pretty sure your players and coaches are quite comfortable with the smell of ass if you posers here are any indication of what the balance of your fans are like!! :biggrin::hide:

pike51
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
I got you guys!! Just admit it, get over it, and move along-->can't be saved!! Look up the theory of deductive reasoning, and maybe we can talk about it when you come back here next year for yet another semi-final beatdown, not only on the field, but right here on this very board.

Oh, and pikey, I am pretty sure your players and coaches are quite comfortable with the smell of ass if you posers here are any indication of what the balance of your fans are like!! :biggrin::hide:

Well the jokes on you because we'll be in transition to the FBS next year. So nanny nanny boo boo! :bleh: Stick yer head in doo doo! :rofl:

*sorry, it's getting late here at work and I'm starting to resort to 3rd grade warfare. And I'm laughing about it.

CAS4127
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM

Well the jokes on you because we'll be in transition to the FBS next year. So nanny nanny boo boo! :bleh: Stick yer head in doo doo! :rofl:

*sorry, it's getting late here at work and I'm starting to resort to 3rd grade warfare. And I'm laughing about it.

Ya, you'll probably do better up at that level-->less noise and more asskicking!!*

*See what I did there?!-->trickering, option-style baby!!

bri-dog
12-13-2012, 08:01 PM

Ya, you'll probably do better up at that level-->less noise and more asskicking!!*

*See what I did there?!-->trickering, option-style baby!!

You mean 3rd grade?

HerdBot
12-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Hopefully some day you reach the pinnace of BCS athletics...
Like the Tampex Bowl or the usedcarsrus.net bowl or squirrelsonastick.org bowl?
and to top it off, the school has to pay money to garner that massive recognition

pike51
12-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Hopefully some day you reach the pinnace of BCS athletics...
Like the Tampex Bowl or the usedcarsrus.net bowl or squirrelsonastick.org bowl?

I think we'd be happy with the Toilet Bowl. :)

Elvis was a Bison
12-13-2012, 08:36 PM
I think we'd be happy with the Toilet Bowl. :)

Already there, man. Already there.

bri-dog
12-13-2012, 11:08 PM
They'd be "flushed with success".

If they won, would they get rings?

MAKBison
12-13-2012, 11:26 PM

haven't you heard it was the turf!!!!!

1st&TennBison
12-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I asked that SARCASTICALLY because I already knew the answer numbnuts. And when someone says "we almost won..."

...yeah. That certainly sounds like you are claiming a moral victory to me.

Again, numbnuts, your the one that asked the question, he and/or no one else started it. And his use of almost won the game is to show that despite the fact that our QB played poorly that game with two pick 6's the team almost despite that fact pulled out a victory. No moral victory was claimed, you do not see anyone from Bisonville running around beating their chest with a buttbama type of claim.

gsu2583
12-14-2012, 12:34 AM
haven't you heard it was the turf!!!!!

I do think that played a factor. Said it before. Players wearing different shoes plus I imagine it hurt more hitting the ground. I think that probably played as much of a factor if not more than the noise thing. However, that LIKE CROWD NOISE is not a quantifiable thing when it comes to how it impacts player performance.

Some GSU fans thought the rug would be good for our "speed." I never bought into that argument. I just thought it sounded like falling and running on concrete over and over again.

Playing on field turf two weeks in a row will be fine for us.

gsu2583
12-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Again, numbnuts, your the one that asked the question, he and/or no one else started it. And his use of almost won the game is to show that despite the fact that our QB played poorly that game with two pick 6's the team almost despite that fact pulled out a victory. No moral victory was claimed, you do not see anyone from Bisonville running around beating their chest with a buttbama type of claim.

So does this mean I can use the same argument about El CID and App, that despite turnovers we ALMOST WON if it weren't for field goals? Again with the double standard.

My original point holds true. Crowd noise is not THAT much of a factor for us. Yes we've experienced it before. Yes we've prepped for it. But if you think the 12th man is going to contribute to your victory, you are a sad little man, and I pity you.

TbonZach
12-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Nice. How does this guy still have green chicklets?

Because he (she? it?) is actually somewhat entertaining, unlike some other opposing team fans. That's my reason.

gsu2583
12-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Because he (she? it?) is actually somewhat entertaining, unlike some other opposing team fans. That's my reason.

I prefer "shim."

CAS4127
12-14-2012, 12:55 AM
I prefer "shim."

No wonder Tranny (akaTransAmBison) likes you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
12-14-2012, 01:03 AM
So does this mean I can use the same argument about El CID and App, that despite turnovers we ALMOST WON if it weren't for field goals? Again with the double standard.

My original point holds true. Crowd noise is not THAT much of a factor for us. Yes we've experienced it before. Yes we've prepped for it. But if you think the 12th man is going to contribute to your victory, you are a sad little man, and I pity you.

2408>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bison-Knuckle
12-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Wofford player talking about the Fargo dome noise around 6:15

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=O-q8eY06wY0

Could damn near use it as a recruiting video....I believe he says something like, "couldn't ask for a better place to play, even as the away team"