PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Championship Game

DePereBisonFan
12-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Just noticed that the SWAC championship game had an attendence of 32,480. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323432029

I am shocked; I was expecting like 3,000. Apparently I don't know much about the tradition in this conference. Prairie View A&M went 3-6 in conference play this year, including a one point loss to eventual champion Arkansas Pine Bluff.

Arkansas Pine Bluff beats Jackson State, 24 - 21.

1998braves64
12-09-2012, 03:51 AM
They went for the drumline show at halftime... end of the game probably down to 3,000? I really don't know so that's why it's purple... :)

IndyBison
12-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Several cities host events that feature HBCU schools playing each other including Indy. It's called the Circle City Classic. There are no local HBCU but the game usually draws a decent crowd. This year was two MEAC schools (South Carolina State and North Carolina Central) and the attendance was 18k. I think it's been 50-60k in the past. Much of it was attributed to the marching bands at halftime.

SlickVic
12-09-2012, 05:57 AM
i met bobby bragan a couple 13 14 years ago he was the guy who brought jackie robinson into the big leagues anyway he was good buddys with eddie g robinson the grambling coach who until joe pa had that record for most division wins at 408 joe pa won 409 anyways bobby bragan gave me a grambling hat signed by eddie robinson i still got it wear it to the club every once in a while

Herd
12-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow, 32000 to watch SWAC football! What were ticket prices? They must be giving them away, or that's one heck of a halftime show.

If they split the MVFC into two divisions, pulled out of the national tournament and had a championship game, how many would come? Even in Fargo, less than 10k. They are basically playing for nothing in a terrible conference, and had 32,000 fans. That is one hell of a marketing plan for teams that would have no business playing the best at the DII or even the DIII level.

Tatanka
12-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Wow, 32000 to watch SWAC football! What were ticket prices? They must be giving them away, or that's one heck of a halftime show.

If they split the MVFC into two divisions, pulled out of the national tournament and had a championship game, how many would come? Even in Fargo, less than 10k. They are basically playing for nothing in a terrible conference, and had 32,000 fans. That is one hell of a marketing plan for teams that would have no business playing the best at the DII or even the DIII level.halftime show plus tradition ftmfw

Bisonguy
12-15-2012, 10:28 PM
halftime show plus tradition ftmfw

Isn't the game the halftime show?