PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully the coaching staff stays together

kchats
11-19-2006, 02:43 AM
I am hoping the coaching staff stays together. The fact that it is pretty much the same staff as last season was a big reason for the success. Can we keep them all? I sure hope so.

sambini
11-19-2006, 03:57 AM
I would be surprised if that happens with all of the openings around the country. These guys can flat out coach+++

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Odds of the whole coaching staff being back are probably not real high, but the #1 cog coach Bohl is probably going to be back unless he gets offered the job at a quality BCS school in my opinion. This is the type of position that I think he will end up at eventually, so he might as well stay at SU and be the man until that ship comes in.

SirHinn
11-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Odds of the whole coaching staff being back are probably not real high, but the #1 cog coach Bohl is probably going to be back unless he gets offered the job at a quality BCS school in my opinion. *This is the type of position that I think he will end up at eventually, so he might as well stay at SU and be the man until that ship comes in.

I think your crazy if you think he could possibly end up at a quality BCS school, but thats just my opinion. Realistically speaking if a big 10 or big 12 school comes calling, he's gone. So in other words, once Glen Mason gets fired they won't have to look far for the next coach.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 04:54 AM
Jim Tressel at Ohio State's previous job was the head coach at Youngstown State. Now, he was there for fifteen years, but Bohl has shown a great aptitude for head coaching and has previous experience at Nebraska, so I don't think it is too unreasonable to figure that he could get a job at a quality BCS school. I'm not saying Florida, Michigan, Texas, etc. Honestly though, if the Minnesota job were to open up I'd bet he would be one of the first three people they called.

SirHinn
11-19-2006, 06:07 AM
Jim Tressel at Ohio State's previous job was the head coach at Youngstown State. *Now, he was there for fifteen years, but Bohl has shown a great aptitude for head coaching and has previous experience at Nebraska, so I don't think it is too unreasonable to figure that he could get a job at a quality BCS school. *I'm not saying Florida, Michigan, Texas, etc. *Honestly though, if the Minnesota job were to open up I'd bet he would be one of the first three people they called.

Good comparison with Tressel but he won 4 national championships. He was also at Youngstown St for 14 years turning the program from a 2-9 season his first year, to making the playoffs by the 2nd year. I' think Craig Bohl is a heck of a coach, I just think he needs to put up a couple of more 9 win seasons before a big time school will come calling.

No_Skill
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
So, it's settled then. Coach Bohl will stay here for 15-20 years, win us 4-5 National Championships, lead us into the D-I transtion, then head off to be a head coach for one of the big boys.

I'm OK with that. 8-)

jzillmer
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
So, it's settled then. *Coach Bohl will stay here for 15-20 years, win us 4-5 National Championships, lead us into the D-I transtion, then head off to be a head coach for one of the big boys.

I'm OK with that. * 8-)

+++++++++++++

sambini
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM
++++++++++++++++++

IABZN
11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Jim Tressel at Ohio State's previous job was the head coach at Youngstown State. *Now, he was there for fifteen years, but Bohl has shown a great aptitude for head coaching and has previous experience at Nebraska, so I don't think it is too unreasonable to figure that he could get a job at a quality BCS school. *I'm not saying Florida, Michigan, Texas, etc. *Honestly though, if the Minnesota job were to open up I'd bet he would be one of the first three people they called.

Good comparison with Tressel but he won 4 national championships. *He was also at Youngstown St for 14 years turning the program from a 2-9 season his first year, to making the playoffs by the 2nd year. *I' think Craig Bohl is a heck of a coach, I just think he needs to put up a couple of more 9 win seasons before a big time school will come calling.

Remember Bohl was fired from his last job at nebraska. Not alot of BCS schools willing to take that risk yet. I do see him moving up, but after he has proven his consistency as a head coach.

IowaBisonToo
11-20-2006, 05:25 PM

Good comparison with Tressel but he won 4 national championships. *He was also at Youngstown St for 14 years turning the program from a 2-9 season his first year, to making the playoffs by the 2nd year. *I' think Craig Bohl is a heck of a coach, I just think he needs to put up a couple of more 9 win seasons before a big time school will come calling.

Remember Bohl was fired from his last job at nebraska. Not alot of BCS schools willing to take that risk yet. I do see him moving up, but after he has proven his consistency as a head coach.
Yeah, and he was the overall cause of every problem they had. Sheeesh! ::)

drewaely
11-20-2006, 05:28 PM

Yeah, and he was the overall cause of every problem they had. *Sheeesh! ::)

He was a scapegoat but none the less he was fired. I don't think that after 1 good season the big schools will be willing to drop boat loads of money at him (especially since the lower tier big schools have other issues besides coaching... i.e. recruiting, program costs, etc).

kchats
11-22-2006, 04:04 AM
The offense killed Nebraska not Coach Bohl's defense. When they fumble, throw interceptions and go 3 and out all the time the defense wears down. His defense was number one the year before. He was a scapegoat and nothing more. He has totally rebuilt the football program and has hired quality assistants. He has lost assistants to division I-A teams and the NFL. His team is well prepared and well coached. Every coach has been fired at some point in time. Pete Carroll was fired but I think many of us would gladly take him as our coach.