roadwarrior
12-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Not good for Janae or the team. ACL

tony
12-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Ouch. Get well soon, Janae!

BisonVifte
12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
The women sure seem to have this injury alot.

Bisonionette
12-06-2012, 07:56 PM
will she be given an extra year? Does she want to redshirt?

roadwarrior
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
She did not play enough this year to use a year of eligibility.

I dont know the answer to the second question.

HandoEX
12-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Off topic, but fire the coach. Somehow this really is her fault (seriously).

The team is really going to struggle without Burich. Get well soon Janae!

JSUBison
12-07-2012, 12:36 AM

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the WBB team is always injured. And at a rate higher than one would expect. What's going on, is Dehoff not having these girls do any strength and conditioning? Something isn't right if seemingly every year the roster has more on the IR than suiting up.

BlueKeyAlum
12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Injuries, and especially ACL injuries, are pretty common to female basketball players. ANd while there may be some things that can be done at the college level to prevent injury by strengthening joint muscles and correcting techniques, the work usually needs to be done at a younger age before bad habits are formed.

While DeHoff can be blamed for many things, the ACL situation, while not epidemic, is certainly a prevalent concern throughout women's basketball.

Get well soon, Janae.

Bisonionette
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Bahahahahahahahaha.... You obviously must be a medical doctor?.... What a stupid statement. ACL injuries can result from a variety of factors, mostly at a younger age... But since you hate Dehoff so much I understand your slanted (yet idiotic) statement.

steelbison
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Injuries, and especially ACL injuries, are pretty common to female basketball players. ANd while there may be some things that can be done at the college level to prevent injury by strengthening joint muscles and correcting techniques, the work usually needs to be done at a younger age before bad habits are formed.

While DeHoff can be blamed for many things, the ACL situation, while not epidemic, is certainly a prevalent concern throughout women's basketball.

Get well soon, Janae.

Several years ago they did an article in SI about this same topic. Women are more prone to ACL injury than men.

Here is the link. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1006212/index.htm

TAILG8R
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Several years ago they did an article in SI about this same topic. Women are more prone to injury than women.

No wonder the doctors can't figure it out, I'm confused already. :)

steelbison
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
No wonder the doctors can't figure it out, I'm confused already. :)

Oops...fixed it!!!! :biggrin:

Facts
12-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Bahahahahahahahaha.... You obviously must be a medical doctor?.... What a stupid statement. ACL injuries can result from a variety of factors, mostly at a younger age... But since you hate Dehoff so much I understand your slanted (yet idiotic) statement.

Injuries aside, are you supporting Dehoff?
The fact remains her best year was year #1 with only seven players.... Hmmmmm.

mississippitwins
12-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Most of those players were Amy’s.

Herd
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
It's not the players or the injuries. It's the leadership, confidence, toughness and scheme . . . that I feel are lacking. We could turn it in a hurry with the right leadership . . . IMO. New leadership and arena are needed to refresh the program as I see it. I am watching from afar, but we look like we are out efforted on D every night. We lack tenacity, physical presence, and mental toughness.