PDA

View Full Version : What's up with LA???

SUBISON247
12-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Is it just me or have LA's numbers been disappointing so far this year. I was expecting him to take off, but he is down in all areas.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Not seeing anything wrong at all with LA.

99Bison
12-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Not sure what you were expecting, but I see nothing wrong either, infact the opposite. The facilitating, team ball, better timing on when to be agressive, better defense, less turnovers (it seems like at least, I didn't check the stats), and consistent... What's not to like.

HoopsBison
12-06-2012, 04:14 AM
Not sure what you were expecting, but I see nothing wrong either, infact the opposite. The facilitating, team ball, better timing on when to be agressive, better defense, less turnovers (it seems like at least, I didn't check the stats), and consistent... What's not to like.

LA has been fine and will be fine. He will have a couple games where he may be a bit "flat" but that is because he is logging some serious minutes this season. Tonight was a really tough match-up for any point guard so don't be alarmed about tonight's stat-line.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2012, 04:18 AM
The only thing I see with LA is he gets a little careless at times, but the more I watch him the more I think he fits the mkold of a combo guard rather than pure PG. I'll definiteyl take the turnovers if he keeps getting the attention he gets on offense.

One thing that doesn't show up in the stat line is what he does with his ability to drive. He draws so mucfh attention over to him when he makes a play at the basket that it allows offensive rebounds and putbacks from our bigs because LA is constantly commanding focus from bigs when he gets in the paint.

Our offense is really working well right now and I think it's because LA is such a multi talented driving force.

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
LA's numbers are down a little bit from last year, but nothing alarming. I would like to see his assist numbers up just a bit, but our PG averaging 9pts a game is just fine with me. He is doing his job in creating offense and scoring opportunities for others. Braun & Bjorklund are scoring right where they were last year, Tray & Felt have higher scoring averages thus far than they did last year and those points are where LA's scoring drop is being made up. He's logging a lot of minutes and plays great defense and in LA I trust. We are 7-2, I have no complaints.

EndZoneQB
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
LA's numbers are down a little bit from last year, but nothing alarming. I would like to see his assist numbers up just a bit, but our PG averaging 9pts a game is just fine with me. He is doing his job in creating offense and scoring opportunities for others. Braun & Bjorklund are scoring right where they were last year, Tray & Felt have higher scoring averages thus far than they did last year and those points are where LA's scoring drop is being made up. He's logging a lot of minutes and plays great defense and in LA I trust. We are 7-2, I have no complaints.

UW-GB wasn't a "good" loss tho..

NDSUstudent
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM

It wasn't really a bad loss either...the problem with that game was how we lost. That said considering how we have played in our last two games it looks more like a bump in the road than any kind of trend.

HoopsBison
12-06-2012, 08:34 PM
It wasn't really a bad loss either...the problem with that game was how we lost. That said considering how we have played in our last two games it looks more like a bump in the road than any kind of trend.

Not making it the excuse to why we lost that game but the long travel week and the 4th game of the week certainly made us a tired team. Very rarely do these guys play 4 games in a week and it got the guys that game. Green Bay is great but they arent terrible either.

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 08:39 PM

No it wasn't, but I'm gonna give the team that one. It was their 4th game in 6 days to a decent team that always plays us tough. It was a long trip, if we were to play them again at home I'm fairly confident we'd come out with a win.

EndZoneQB
12-06-2012, 08:51 PM
No it wasn't, but I'm gonna give the team that one. It was their 4th game in 6 days to a decent team that always plays us tough. It was a long trip, if we were to play them again at home I'm fairly confident we'd come out with a win.

I'd say they are a pretty bad team, at least at this stage of the season. Barely beat Chicago State...their "big" win is against SUU(who only has non-DI wins)...and we got the floor mopped with us 74-59? That's exactly what I would classify as a bad loss. Sure, road trip sucked, I get it...but we are supposed to win these games.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I'd say they are a pretty bad team, at least at this stage of the season. Barely beat Chicago State...their "big" win is against SUU(who only has non-DI wins)...and we got the floor mopped with us 74-59? That's exactly what I would classify as a bad loss. Sure, road trip sucked, I get it...but we are supposed to win these games.

I'm not sure anyone at our level (small major) should expect to win games in that situation. I wasn't exactly "unconcerned" about that game, but there's a reason why major schools do not schedule multiple road games on the same road trip, let alone 4 games in 6 days over holiday break.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
GB has talent, they were picked to finish 3rd in the Horizon for a reason. That said I am glad that Saul focused on how we played that game instead of the travel, he was very critical of our defensive performance and I'd say the team has responded well in its past two games.

With this team I am not going to get too caught up on any one game, I want to see constant improvement and that is exactly what I've seen thus far.

Kermit
12-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Sure, road trip sucked, I get it...but we are supposed to win these games.

The performance at Green Bay was bad--but the long road trip isn't an "excuse" it is a fact. Find me a team that plays well in Game 4/Day 6 of a long road trip--or even a college team that does a 4 game/6 day road trip. That is a nightmare right out of an NBA schedule.

EndZoneQB
12-06-2012, 09:43 PM
The performance at Green Bay was bad--but the long road trip isn't an "excuse" it is a fact. Find me a team that plays well in Game 4/Day 6 of a long road trip--or even a college team that does a 4 game/6 day road trip. That is a nightmare right out of an NBA schedule.

Alright, Kermit, you win!

ndsubison1
12-07-2012, 03:59 AM
i would like to see a little more consistent production with the minutes LA is getting. His A/TO ratio is only 1 right now, the 8 turnovers last night kind of hurts that. would like to see him get his assist average up a bit which im sure it will come. he had a couple of nice games vs Omaha and GB shooting over 50% from the floor in both. with braun shooting more compared to last season right now LA isnt getting as many looks. still way early in the season though

Bison bison
12-07-2012, 04:06 AM
His A/TO ratio is only 1 right now, the 8 turnovers last night kind of hurt thats.

i've long been believed that the T to A ratio should be 2 to 1 or no dice. one leg is fine, but once they've had a mastectomy it's time to move on.

BisonTeacher
12-07-2012, 04:15 AM
I was one of LAs biggest critics last year mostly because of the dribble drive and circus shots. I havent been able to watch every minute of every game this year but what i have seen has been different this year. Are his assists up? Because from what i have seen so far we are playing more team bball than one on one dribble drive bball. So thst may affect his stats from last year. Just my 2 cents.

ndsubisonx
12-07-2012, 04:22 AM
I was one of LAs biggest critics last year mostly because of the dribble drive and circus shots. I havent been able to watch every minute of every game this year but what i have seen has been different this year. Are his assists up? Because from what i have seen so far we are playing more team bball than one on one dribble drive bball. So thst may affect his stats from last year. Just my 2 cents.

he avg 4.6 apg last season. 3.2 so far this season

BisonSD
12-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure anyone at our level (small major) should expect to win games in that situation. I wasn't exactly "unconcerned" about that game, but there's a reason why major schools do not schedule multiple road games on the same road trip, let alone 4 games in 6 days over holiday break. So why do we schedule 4 road games in 6 days over a holiday break?

silkamilkamonico
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM
So why do we schedule 4 road games in 6 days over a holiday break?

Life of a small major. Sometimes you take what you can get.

I'm personally a little disppointed with NDSU's philosophy of both the football and basketball out of conference scheduling but I think at this point it is what it is.

HoopsBison
12-07-2012, 04:50 PM
So why do we schedule 4 road games in 6 days over a holiday break?

My guess is the Green Bay game was scheduled before the dates if the progressive classic came out. Either way its tough for NDSU to decline a chance to play a top flight school and 3 other mid majors in one tourny.

As stated life of a mid major, esp one in our location.