PDA

View Full Version : Army's Unveils Very Cool Uniforms for the Army-Navy Game

NDSUstudent
12-05-2012, 09:31 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/67614_491043467606778_1697807875_n.jpg

One of the best parts about the Army-Navy game — other than the amazing pageantry on the field — is the specially designed uniforms both teams get to wear.
Navy announced its uniforms a couple weeks ago and Tuesday, Army unveiled its new kit for the final game of the regular season.

According to a release by West Point, the uniform design, which is Army's classic black and gold, pays tribute to 1944, which included the first of Army's three consecutive national championships and the World War II victory at the Battle of the Bulge.

The uniforms include a historical map imprinted inside the numbers, on the helmet stripe, on the gloves, the sleeves and on the inside of the shoes. The helmet also features a small black spade on the side to honor the 101st Airborne Division, which fought in the Battle of the Bulge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/army-unviels-wwii-inspired-uniforms-army-navy-game-183816157--ncaaf.html

HerdBot
12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Thats awesome. I hope someday we can do a 3rd alternative jersey that wows. Love the mirror like helmet. Wonder what that would look like in yellow?

344Johnson
12-05-2012, 11:50 PM
A.) Those are badass.

B.) NDSU needs to rock some 3rd Uni's to tribute the 60's titles for 50th anniversaries of each team.

TAILG8R
12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
A.) Those are badass.

B.) NDSU needs to rock some 3rd Uni's to tribute the 60's titles for 50th anniversaries of each team.

An entire alternate uni costs a lot more than a 3rd jersey color. Jerseys, pants, helmets for everyone would add up quick.

KSBisonFan
12-06-2012, 12:45 AM
An entire alternate uni costs a lot more than a 3rd jersey color. Jerseys, pants, helmets for everyone would add up quick.

Yeah....UNC sported these alternate helmets recently and the announcers pointed out they cost $1100 each!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20711062/photo-north-carolina-with-alternate-chrome-helmets-for-nc-state-game

HerdBot
12-06-2012, 01:10 AM

If any FCS team has the resources to pay for a 3rd alternate badass uniform, its us. We have 12,000 season ticket holders, teammakers, great sponsors, and hardcore fans. Money would be earned back in merchandise sales

56BISON73
12-06-2012, 01:14 AM
If any FCS team has the resources to pay for a 3rd alternate badass uniform, its us. We have 12,000 season ticket holders, teammakers, great sponsors, and hardcore fans. Money would be earned back in merchandise sales

Waste of money. Plus youre betting on the come. Not a good business decision.

Jay
12-06-2012, 01:44 AM

I disagree somewhat (I think you're just referring to money, I'm thinking recruiting). I think kids love seeing teams with a bunch of different uniforms. Case in point... Oregon. They absolutley use all the different combinations of uniforms they wear to aid in recruiting. It won't be the final decision on why a kid chooses said school but it helps bring them up in conversation.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2012, 01:49 AM
You could always buy them and maybe auction a few off to make some extra $$$.

HerdBot
12-06-2012, 01:53 AM

if your talking about bare minimum expenses and running at the bare minimum costs like a factory, yes. If your looking for an investment for a sports team no. Its all about the execution. I could think of a hundred examples but one thing we will both agree on is the potential for fucking up is very high, given the way they handled version 2.0 of the face logo!! :rofl:

TAILG8R
12-06-2012, 01:54 AM
if your talking about bare minimum expenses and running at the bare minimum costs like a factory, yes. If your looking for an investment for a sports team no. Its all about the execution. I could think of a hundred examples but one thing we will both agree on is the potential for fucking up is very high, given the way they handled version 2.0 of the face logo!! :rofl:

Any alternate uni without lightning bolts would be an epic fail

56BISON73
12-06-2012, 02:08 AM

Its a good thing we wont have to worry about it.

Hammerhead
12-06-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm sure there are better uses for that $100,000 such as competive pay for coaches, more recruiting trips, free thunder towels...

Yeah....UNC sported these alternate helmets recently and the announcers pointed out they cost $1100 each!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20711062/photo-north-carolina-with-alternate-chrome-helmets-for-nc-state-game

HerdBot
12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Its a good thing we wont have to worry about it.

If I would have told you 5 years ago we were going to have an alternate gold jersey, would you have believed it? I wouldn't have.

The_Sicatoka
12-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Uh, why are you talking about most of Tranny's Saturday nights?

BisonPride72
12-06-2012, 02:14 PM

I'm sure the cost didn't bother UNC very much they probably just used the money they got from the U of M buyout to pay for the helmets.

Rockbear99
12-06-2012, 02:23 PM
We have a alternate uniform. Its called Gold Rush. That is good enough for this guy

56BISON73
12-07-2012, 01:12 AM
If I would have told you 5 years ago we were going to have an alternate gold jersey, would you have believed it? I wouldn't have.

It would not have surprised me. But a total revamp of the uniforms is different. From what Bohl said---its not going to happen while he is coach.

North Side
12-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Do you think NDSU will ever get a crazy alternative one time uniform? Personally I hope not, I like our currently uniforms and I think it be pricey just to have a gimmick uniform. However it would create buzz.