PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Schedule

TheBisonTower
11-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Could someone help me out with next years schedule. *I'm allready going through withdrawals and need something to start looking forward to. *Thanks

Go_Herd
11-22-2006, 02:10 AM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2007

The talk is that Montana St. might buy us out to play a game against Texas A&M. Also we have a verbal commitment from one of the Gateways schools (I forgot which one)

BisBison
11-22-2006, 02:15 AM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2007

The talk is that Montana St. might buy us out to play a game against Texas A&M. * Also we have a verbal commitment from one of the Gateways schools (I forgot which one)

I think it is Western Ill. I thought I had heard it's a home and home with us away first. :( We need home games, only three thanks to MT St. >:(

sambini
11-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Gene will get it done. Hopefully we will get in the GATEWAY . AND THAT WOULD HELP IN THE NEAR FUTURE+++

BisBison
11-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Gene will get it done. Hopefully we will get in the GATEWAY . AND THAT WOULD HELP IN THE NEAR FUTURE+++

I know he'll get it done, but this has got to be boring for him struggling to put together a good schedule. I to hope for the Gateway. 8 games 4 at home each season to start with. That can't start soon enough for him I'd guess. Hopefully in '08. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 03:57 AM
I would really like to see no D-II games this year. If possible I'd like to see our season-opening patsy game be against a bad 1-AA team at least. We're D-I, let's stick to D-I teams on the schedule where possible.

chuckles
11-22-2006, 04:26 AM
after looking at the schedule for 07....I got looking through schedules for 08, and 09. Noticed that in 09 we are schedules to play in Ames, Iowa vs Iowa State, a D1-A Big 12 School. Judging from this year's record they are about the same as Ball State, but still a 1-A school...has this game been noticed before...or wasn't I paying attention when this was announced.

Bisonguy
11-22-2006, 04:29 AM
after looking at the schedule for 07....I got looking through schedules for 08, and 09. Noticed that in 09 we are schedules to play in Ames, Iowa vs Iowa State, a D1-A Big 12 School. Judging from this year's record they are about the same as Ball State, but still a 1-A school...has this game been noticed before...or wasn't I paying attention when this was announced.

You weren't paying attention ;)

I believe it was announced before this season started.

chuckles
11-22-2006, 04:37 AM

You weren't paying attention ;)

I believe it was announced before this season started.

figures.....isn't the first time thats happened!

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Iowa State has a better team than Ball State most years. I guess I missed the boat on this one as well.

IABZN
11-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Iowa State has a better team than Ball State most years. *I guess I missed the boat on this one as well.

New coaching staff will be starting their 3rd year for the Cyclones in 2009. I am not sure any coach can do what Mac did at ISU. I have a feeling they are on a downward spiral to the bottom of the BS.

Go_Herd
11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Isn't SDSU gonna give Iowa State a run before us. Next year right?

Even though that game is a long ways away, that place is a fun place to watch football. My brother attended school down there for engineering. There are lots of crazy fans, great tailgating, and I believe the stadium seats like 45,000 maybe more with the corner grass hills.

It would be about a 7 hour drive roughly from Fargo.

kchats
11-22-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't believe SDSU will count towards a bowl game win for a I-A team next season. I believe schools need to average 60 scholarshps for 3 years to count and SDSU will finally be at 63 next season.

mebison
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Isn't SDSU gonna give Iowa State a run before us. *Next year right?

Even though that game is a long ways away, that place is a fun place to watch football. *My brother attended school down there for engineering. *There are lots of crazy fans, great tailgating, and I believe the stadium seats like 45,000 maybe more with the corner grass hills.

But it is an easy drive (that I will be making from ~6am-1pm tomorrow morning). Fargo->Minneapolis--stop for your favorite greasy road food (I prefer Burger King)->Cruise on down I-35

Iowa State usually seems to show up enough to give the Hawkeyes a run for their money, although that's a rivalry game, so you know how that goes. It will be interesting to see what happens over there now with a new coach.

Hammersmith
11-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't believe SDSU will count towards a bowl game win for a I-A team next season. *I believe schools need to average 60 scholarshps for 3 years to count and SDSU will finally be at 63 next season.
They must average 57 scholarships(90% of 63) over two years. SDSU will get to that average next year.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 04:53 PM
I'd love to see SDSU bump ISU. That would be a great win for their program and would reflect well on us when we go down to Brookings and win the rock for the third straight year.

scottheck
11-22-2006, 11:20 PM

Probably no more than 3 hours. It's 2 1/2 from Rochester, have made a couple spring golf trips, with an hour of that on I90 w to Albert Lea.

IowaBison
11-22-2006, 11:34 PM

Six hours.

jackrabbit1979
11-22-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd love to see SDSU bump ISU. *That would be a great win for their program and would reflect well on us when we go down to Brookings and win the rock for the third straight year.

SDSU plays Iowa State in 2008 not 2007...By that time we will already have the marker back in Brookings and be preparing to win it again in Fargo. ;) Or do you think the Great West/Gateway might actually let us have the Bison for two years in a row in Brookings instead of coming up north 2 out of every 3 years.

scottheck
11-22-2006, 11:49 PM

Six hours.

214 miles according to Mapquest.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-23-2006, 04:22 AM
I'd love to see SDSU bump ISU. *That would be a great win for their program and would reflect well on us when we go down to Brookings and win the rock for the third straight year.

SDSU plays Iowa State in 2008 not 2007...By that time we will already have the marker back in Brookings and be preparing to win it again in Fargo. * ;) *Or do you think the Great West/Gateway might actually let us have the Bison for two years in a row in Brookings instead of coming up north 2 out of every 3 years. *

I don't know, I think I'm perfectly content with SDSU getting screwed and having to come to the Fabulous Fargo Dome 2/3 years and enjoy our Fabulous artificial noise. Either way, I always pull for 1-AA schools to beat 1-A schools.