PDA

View Full Version : TOP 15 Minnesota Recruits.

lakesbison
11-03-2006, 02:34 AM
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1587

It would be Nice to try and get ANY of these guys.

Amazing Talent.. plus Minnesota State FBall Tourney's starting soon... Bohl and Staff better be at all those games !!!!

lakesbison
11-03-2006, 02:42 AM
and why aint they all 3 at NDSU?

Football Recruiting
Hot News Prospects Combines Search Visits Commits Videos

HotList™: Add North Dakota (State) [Help]

Pos Nat'l
Rank Nat'l
Rating Name
School, Hometown *Video HT/ WT/ 40 *Commit Date Signed LOI? Commit School *
DE *NR * *Brandon Bjerk
(Central HS)
Grand Forks, ND * 6-6.5/235 *Soft Verbal * Michigan State *

S *JC * *John West
(North Dakota St. CS)
Wahpeton, ND * 6-3/190/4.50 *12/21/2005
* Arkansas *

CB *JC * *Justin Brown
(North Dakota St. CS)
Wahpeton, ND * 6-2/204/4.50 *12/19/2005
* Missouri *

Do they play? ever heard of them?? *how did NDSU miss them?

bisonfan59
11-03-2006, 03:42 AM
Since most of those guys seem to have committed already maybe these are the guys that we should be focused on, the 2008 prospects.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=118&tid=80636328&mid=80636328&sid= 921&style=2

Two of these guys already have brothers playing for the bison, Obarski and Maresh

sambini
11-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the link ++++

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Here are some of the prospects that I would love to see NDSU chase down. Granted, some of these guys will garner some major 1-A interest, but I'd love to see them brought into the fold.
Matt Mason 6'5", 270 OT
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=42705&season=2007
James Thomas, 5'9", 220 HB
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=42695&season=2007
Mark Martin 6'2", 220 LB
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=40176&season=2007
Matt Mitchell 6'5" 235 TE
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=37096&season=2007

Actually, I think these guys are all from Wisconsin, but we won't hold that against them.

lakesbison
11-22-2006, 04:24 PM
UPDATES ANYONE??

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 04:44 PM
As far as updates about the top 15 minnesota prospects go, all but #14, RB Curtis Herzberg (6'2" 210) and #15, OL Scott Horvath (6'2" 263) have commited and I'm not real sure who those guys are looking at. If we could sign Maresh that will be great. At 6'3", 259 pounds and playing MLB, there are a lot of places that he could make a major impact. Would be great to get him.

coloradobison
11-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know what a good 40 time is for a LB? at 6'3" and 260, it worries me that he might be slow for a linebacker. It seems Mays, M Maresh and Humber all have good speed, just dont know what it equates to. I also realize speed isnt the only factor, and a position change is always possible.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 09:26 PM
That story said that he ran a 4.70 40-yard dash. That is not bad for a MLB, particularly of that size. The MLB's in last year's draft class were typically in the 4.60-4.85 range. This is about the same range where the larger OLB's who typically play on the strong-side ran. The most important thing is maximizing your speed by having good awareness and recognition skills. Even if he does turn out to be too big to play LB, he has the size to be a pretty good lineman. Start him off at end and if he continues to bulk up maybe move him inside to tackle. Wherever he plays, if he does run a 4.70 forty, that is an excellent blend of size and speed, so let's sign him and worry about where he plays later.

Trainer
11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
I don't have any statistics on these guys, or other schools who have interest, but I know at least two of these guys has been for a game visit...
LB Mark Kubaski 6'3 230 Stillwater, MN
LB Dan Fehlberg 6'2 195-200 Champlin Park, MN - small but from what I hear if this guy had a bigger frame... Big Ten Schools would be all over him.
RB Michael Duncombe 5'10 170 Shoreview, MN (Mounds View H.S.) I'm trying to get some video of this young man. I know his stats aren't huge, but makes plays.
LB/FB Dominique Clare 6'1 230 Delano, MN... I believe the NDSU staff was already after him during his junior year. I'm shooting from the hip here, but I believe he scored 14-15 touchdowns during his senior season. That's all I have now... but I'm working on getting a couple names of kids from Texas. We'll see if I'm lucky.
If able, make sure you tune into the Minnesota Prep Championship games this Friday and Saturday... Rich Stevens will be officiating one of those games but I'm not sure which one. Now back to watching the Men's game.

GFBison
11-23-2006, 04:49 AM
and why aint they all 3 at NDSU?
Pos Nat'l
Rank Nat'l
Rating Name
School, Hometown *Video HT/ WT/ 40 *Commit Date Signed LOI? Commit School *
DE *NR * *Brandon Bjerk
(Central HS)
Grand Forks, ND * 6-6.5/235 *Soft Verbal * Michigan State *

Do they play? ever heard of them?? *how did NDSU miss them?

Brandon Bjerk played his Freshman Year at Grand Forks Red River.
Played his Junior Year at Fargo Shanley, don't believe he started.
Played his Senior Year at Grand Forks Central, didn't start.

lakesbison
11-23-2006, 05:34 AM
http://www.startribune.com/526/story/830683.html

2nd and 3rd teams there.

Didnt see 1 dam NDSU commit!!

or even considering it. CMON STAFF!!!!

Mccree from De la Salle's lil brother is a redshirt, right? he goin to NDSU

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Patience young grasshopper. One of the by-products of the fact that we have fewer scholarships to offer this year and are offering them to better players is that we might be waiting a little longer to accumulate a large number of recruits. However, having three recruits of the calibre we already have should be considered an accomplishment unto itself. The commitments will come.

sudad
06-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I actually know someone who knows this Brandon Bjerk kid. Bjerk actually played at Shanley his sophomore and junior year (Feeney was there then and can vouch for this kid being a player) and he started his junior year there. He then left and went to GF Central ?????.... He actually started all but the last 2 games of the season for Central at DE, and played quite a bit after that. Basically, the starter at that position for the past 3 years had been injured and so when he healed up they had him start games. Bjerk came into those games real quick after that though. Good question though how NDSU missed him, although it looks like he is not at MSU anymore for a medical out????... maybe he would transfer here or something later???

msvjcpa
06-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I heard that NDSU recruit Garrett Johnson 6'5" 240 lbs. DE is playing on the Minnesota Metro All Star team. I think the game is June 30th at St. Cloud State. Anyone know of any others?

tony
06-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Sorry, it took so long to answer msvjca's question but I've always had a hard time finding the Metro/Outstate rosters. Looks like Paul Cornick and Garrett Johnson are on the Metro defensive line and and Matt Veldman is an Outstate TE so some future Bison could be meeting head-to-head at the line of scrimmage. NDSU's other MN recruit, Matt Voightlander, isn't on the rosters (but here's a little blurb about him anyway. (http://www.northmetro15.com/Sports%20Files/Where's%20the%20Beef/3-1-07.htm)

METRO ROSTER

Offense

Quarterbacks
Charles Bruchu, Hill-Murray and Joe Springer, Cretin-Derham Hall

Running backs
Chris Atkins, St. Paul Johnson; Tim Saxon Jr., Minneapolis Henry; Ben Wartman, Prior Lake; Jon Walsh, Rosemount and Nick Vignalo, Stillwater.

Wide receivers
Dennis Carter, Spring Lake Park; Delano Saporu, Blaine and Benjamin Zachary, Burnsville

Tight ends
Danny Kane, Hopkins and Collin McGarry, Stillwater

Offensive line
Zach Buchner, Coon Rapids; Jason Haugen, New Prague; Scott Horvath, Eastview; Andrew Kerstan, Minneapolis Washburn; Matt Manion, Totino-Grace; Ryan Orton, Eden Prairie; Matthew Schwartz, Forest Lake and Ryan Wynn, Maple Grove.

Defense

Defensive line
Nick Baumann, Mahtomedi; Broderick Binns, Cretin-Derham Hall; Brett Borowske, White Bear Lake; Paul Cornick, Orono; Garrett Johnson, Chaska; Ross Kees, Eagan; Dirk Wilkens, Lakeville South. LB: Max Dennis, Apple Valley; Danny Fehlberg, Champlin Park; Adam Gemuenden, Chisago Lakes; Jason Goebel, Minnetonka; Curtis Herzberg, St. Agnes; Brad Kelly, Coon Rapids and Sean Matti, Roseville

Defensive Backs
DeAngelo Anderson, St. Paul Central; Zach Debeltz, Anoka; Matt Griswold, Totino-Grace; Matt Hansmann, Forest Lake; Tony Kubes, New Prague; Brody Scheff, Waconia; Joe Stormont, Roseville; Mike Tice, Edina and Eric Zingleman, Andover.

Head coach
Mike Fritze, Apple Valley

Assistant coaches
Dave Enge, Anoka; Pat Foley, Waconia; Dave Frisell, Bloomington Kennedy; Kim Nelson, Edina and Rick Swanson, Blaine.

Honorary coach

Roger French, Minneapolis Henry.

Outstate roster

Offense

Quarterbacks
Dan Dobson, Mankato West and Spencer Ohm, Blooming Prairie

Running backs
Tony Awoleye, Marshall; DeAngelo Brackins, International Falls; Alex Bendickson, Braham; Jon Hoese, Glencoe-Silver Lake; Zach Lundquist, Pelican Rapids; Chris Moritz, Springfield and Nick Paur, Hawley

Wide receivers
Aaron Fruth, St. Cloud Tech; Noah Pauley, Duluth Central and Tim Peterson, Minnesota Valley Lutheran

Tight ends
Sam Kavanagh, Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg and Matt Veldman, Becker

Offensive line
Andrew Blacklance, Thief River Falls, T; Aaron Field, Pelican Rapids, G; Tom Grossell, Deer River, C; Major Hopp, Milaca, G; Richard Polley, Albert Lea, T; Craig Rogers, Luverne, C; Drew Schultz, New York Mills, G and Matt Theis, Eden Valley-Watkins, T

Defense

Defensive line
Dusty Drager, Maple River; Will Lutmer, Adrian; Matt Reger, Jordan; Adam Wheeler, St. Cloud Tech. DL: Steve Herold, Sartell; Kevin Hughes, Mankato East; Nick Nadeau, Aitkin; Drew Penz, Rochester Mayo; Matt Ulrich, Rushord-Peterson

Linebackers
Dean Bauers, Duluth Central; Hans Carlson, Northfield; Jake Harmon, Triton; Erik Helland, Le Center and Tyler Wekseth, Barnum

Defensive backs
Lucas Armstrong, Wheaton; Mike Bonynge, New London-Spicer; Kolby Gullickson, Fertile-Beltrami; Ryan Hoelscher, Browerville; Kent Johnson, Litchfield; Anthony Rutjes, Mankato East; Zach Rudolph, Sauk Rapids-Rice and Cody Sukalski, Blue Earth Area

Head coach
Terry Bahlmann, Marshall

Assistant coaches
Wally Kostich, Mountain Iron-Buhl; Randy Kuchenmeister, Blue Earth Area; Rob Nielsen, Detroit Lakes; Wayne Petermeier, Browerville and Randy Schwegel, Pine River-Backus

Honorary coach
Buz Rumrill, Glencoe-Silver Lake

SDbison
06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Is Pete Campion's nephew, an OL from Fergus Falls on the radar yet? Will he be a Junior this fall? Apparently Minnesota is after him. Can anyone confirm this? Is he interested in NDSU? How good is this kid, size, etc?

lakesbison
06-27-2007, 03:16 AM
STUD, should be a BIG TEN recruit, HOWEVER.. a tad slow, therefore should follow his FAMILY to NDSU!!!

*cmon family!!*

ill work on it down in the lakes area this summer *wink*