damn paws off
our new carpet

A1pigskin
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
What country eats dog?

Tatanka
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
What country eats dog?
China, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Polynesia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Vietnam, and the Arctic and Antarctic

China

Although the Chinese were the first to domesticate the dog and keep them as pets, dog meat has been a source of food in China from at least the time of Confucius, and possibly even before. Ancient writings from the Zhou Dynasty referred to the 'three beasts' (which were bred for food), including pig, goat, and dog. Mencius, the philosopher, recommended dog as the tastiest of all meats.

Indonesia

In Indonesia, eating dog meat is usually associated with people from the Batak Toba culture, who cook a traditional dish named saksang that is like a dog-meat stew.[6]. The Minahasa are also well-known for eating dog, which is considered a festive dish and usually reserved for special occasions like weddings and Christmas.[7] Dog meat is not consumed by strictly-observant Muslims, as dogs are omnivores and as such are haraam under Muslim dietary laws.

Korea

Gaegogi (also, Kaegogi) literally means "dog meat" in Korean. Gaegogi, however, is often mistaken as the term for Korean soup made from dog meat, bosintang (보신탕). It is made from a specific breed of dog that differs from those breeds that are kept as pets. The distaste felt by dog lovers, particularly from the West, with respect to eating dog has made this dish controversial in recent years.

Mexico

Dogs were historically bred for their meat by the Aztecs. Hernán Cortés reported that when he arrived in Tenochtitlan in 1519, "small gelded dogs which they breed for eating" were among the goods sold in the city markets. [13] These dogs were called itzcuintlis, and were similar to the modern Mexican Hairless Dog. They were often pictured on pre-Columbian Mexican pottery.

Philippines

In the capital city of Manila, Metro Manila Commission Ordinance 82-05 [14] specifically prohibits the killing and selling of dogs for food. More generally, the Philippine Animal Welfare Act 1998 [15] prohibits the killing of any animal other than cattle, pigs, goats, sheep, poultry, rabbits, carabaos, horses, deer and crocodiles except in the following instances:

1. When it is done as part of the religious rituals of an established religion or sect or a ritual required by tribal or ethnic custom of indigenous cultural communities; however, leaders shall keep records in cooperation with the Committee on Animal Welfare;
2. When the pet animal is afflicted with an incurable communicable disease as determined and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
3. When the killing is deemed necessary to put an end to the misery suffered by the animal as determined and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
4. When it is done to prevent an imminent danger to the life or limb of a human being;
5. When done for the purpose of animal population control;
6. When the animal is killed after it has been used in authorized research or experiments; and
7. Any other ground analogous to the foregoing as determined and certified licensed veterinarian.

Nevertheless, as is reported from time to time in Philippine newspapers, the eating of dog meat is not uncommon in the Philippines. [16] Dog Meat Trade .com, an organization working in the Philippines to eliminate the eating of dogs in the country, estimates that 500,000 dogs are killed annually in the Philippine Islands for human consumption.[17]

In the Province of Benguet, Resolution 05-392 has been passed declaring, among other things, "it has been an evolved cultural practice of indigenous peoples of the Cordillera the butchering of animals, dogs included, as part of their rituals and practices leading to its commercialization to a limited extent, and had become an inevitable common necessity in their way of life"; and resolving, among other things, "to seek the help and assistance of the Committee on Animal Welfare, Department of Agriculture, the Regional Police Office, Cordillera Administrative Region, the Provincial Police Office, Benguet Province, for the proper observance of the said rights of indigenous peoples".[18]

Polynesia

Dogs were historically eaten in Tahiti and other islands of Polynesia at the time of first European contact. James Cook, when first visiting Tahiti in 1769, recorded in his journal that "few were there of us but what allowe'd that a South Sea Dog was next to an English Lamb, one thing in their favour is that they live intirely upon Vegetables". [19]

Switzerland

According to the November 21, 1996 edition of the Rheintaler Bote, a Swiss newspaper covering the Rhine Valley area, the Swiss rural cantons of Appenzell and St. Gallen are known to have had a tradition of eating dogs, curing dog meat into jerky and sausages, as well as using the lard for medicinal purposes. [20] Switzerland, as a whole, has no prohibition on the consumption of dog meat, although trading and sale is illegal.[21]

A few years earlier, a news report on RTL Television on the two cantons set off a wave of protests from European animal rights activists and other concerned citizens. A 7000 name petition was filed to the commissions of the cantons, who rejected it, saying it wasn't the state's right to monitor the eating habits of its citizens.

Taiwan

Dog meat in Taiwan is known as 香肉 (xiang1 rou4), meaning "fragrant/savory meat." Dog meat has never been commonplace in Taiwan, but it is particularly eaten in the winter months, especially black dogs, which are believed to help retain body warmth. In 2004, the Taiwanese government imposed a ban on the sale of dog meat, due to both pressure from domestic animal welfare groups and a desire to improve international perceptions. [22] According to Lonely Planet's Taiwan guide, it is still possible to find dog meat on some restaurant menus, but this is becoming increasingly rare.

While it is not considered a daily meat, dog meat is eaten throughout Vietnam. It is more popular in the North than in the South. To many Northerners, dog meat is a popular, if relatively expensive, dinnertime restaurant meal. The term thịt chó, Vietnamese for 'dog meat', is used widely in the North. However, places selling dog meat in the South tend not to use the term, using instead "thịt cầy" (Bow Bow meat) or other word plays to conceal the meat's origin.

In Nhật Tân Street, Tây Hồ District, Hanoi, many restaurants serve dog meat, often imitating each other. Groups of male customers, seated on mats, will spend their evenings sharing plates of dog meat and drinking beer. Dog meat is supposed to raise the libido and is sometimes considered unsuitable for women; in other words, eating dog meat serves as a male bonding exercise. Nevertheless, it is not uncommon for women to eat dog meat.

The consumption of dog meat can be part of a ritual usually occurring toward the end of the lunar month for reasons of astrology and luck. Restaurants which mainly exist to serve dog meat may only open for the last half of the lunar month.

Arctic and Antarctic

Dogs have historically been an emergency food source for various peoples in Siberia, Alaska, northern Canada, and Greenland. Sled dogs are usually maintained for pulling sleds, but occasionally are eaten when no other food is available.
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat

Bisonfan1
12-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Was wondering what that strange tasting meat was in your soup yesterday Tatanka, now I know.

Bookem
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
China, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Polynesia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Vietnam, and the Arctic and Antarctic

China

Although the Chinese were the first to domesticate the dog and keep them as pets, dog meat has been a source of food in China from at least the time of Confucius, and possibly even before. Ancient writings from the Zhou Dynasty referred to the 'three beasts' (which were bred for food), including pig, goat, and dog. Mencius, the philosopher, recommended dog as the tastiest of all meats.

Indonesia

In Indonesia, eating dog meat is usually associated with people from the Batak Toba culture, who cook a traditional dish named saksang that is like a dog-meat stew.[6]. The Minahasa are also well-known for eating dog, which is considered a festive dish and usually reserved for special occasions like weddings and Christmas.[7] Dog meat is not consumed by strictly-observant Muslims, as dogs are omnivores and as such are haraam under Muslim dietary laws.

Korea

Gaegogi (also, Kaegogi) literally means "dog meat" in Korean. Gaegogi, however, is often mistaken as the term for Korean soup made from dog meat, bosintang (보신탕). It is made from a specific breed of dog that differs from those breeds that are kept as pets. The distaste felt by dog lovers, particularly from the West, with respect to eating dog has made this dish controversial in recent years.

Mexico

Dogs were historically bred for their meat by the Aztecs. Hernán Cortés reported that when he arrived in Tenochtitlan in 1519, "small gelded dogs which they breed for eating" were among the goods sold in the city markets. [13] These dogs were called itzcuintlis, and were similar to the modern Mexican Hairless Dog. They were often pictured on pre-Columbian Mexican pottery.

Philippines

In the capital city of Manila, Metro Manila Commission Ordinance 82-05 [14] specifically prohibits the killing and selling of dogs for food. More generally, the Philippine Animal Welfare Act 1998 [15] prohibits the killing of any animal other than cattle, pigs, goats, sheep, poultry, rabbits, carabaos, horses, deer and crocodiles except in the following instances:

1. When it is done as part of the religious rituals of an established religion or sect or a ritual required by tribal or ethnic custom of indigenous cultural communities; however, leaders shall keep records in cooperation with the Committee on Animal Welfare;
2. When the pet animal is afflicted with an incurable communicable disease as determined and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
3. When the killing is deemed necessary to put an end to the misery suffered by the animal as determined and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
4. When it is done to prevent an imminent danger to the life or limb of a human being;
6. When the animal is killed after it has been used in authorized research or experiments; and
7. Any other ground analogous to the foregoing as determined and certified licensed veterinarian.

Nevertheless, as is reported from time to time in Philippine newspapers, the eating of dog meat is not uncommon in the Philippines. [16] Dog Meat Trade .com, an organization working in the Philippines to eliminate the eating of dogs in the country, estimates that 500,000 dogs are killed annually in the Philippine Islands for human consumption.[17]

In the Province of Benguet, Resolution 05-392 has been passed declaring, among other things, "it has been an evolved cultural practice of indigenous peoples of the Cordillera the butchering of animals, dogs included, as part of their rituals and practices leading to its commercialization to a limited extent, and had become an inevitable common necessity in their way of life"; and resolving, among other things, "to seek the help and assistance of the Committee on Animal Welfare, Department of Agriculture, the Regional Police Office, Cordillera Administrative Region, the Provincial Police Office, Benguet Province, for the proper observance of the said rights of indigenous peoples".[18]

Polynesia

Dogs were historically eaten in Tahiti and other islands of Polynesia at the time of first European contact. James Cook, when first visiting Tahiti in 1769, recorded in his journal that "few were there of us but what allowe'd that a South Sea Dog was next to an English Lamb, one thing in their favour is that they live intirely upon Vegetables". [19]

Switzerland

According to the November 21, 1996 edition of the Rheintaler Bote, a Swiss newspaper covering the Rhine Valley area, the Swiss rural cantons of Appenzell and St. Gallen are known to have had a tradition of eating dogs, curing dog meat into jerky and sausages, as well as using the lard for medicinal purposes. [20] Switzerland, as a whole, has no prohibition on the consumption of dog meat, although trading and sale is illegal.[21]

A few years earlier, a news report on RTL Television on the two cantons set off a wave of protests from European animal rights activists and other concerned citizens. A 7000 name petition was filed to the commissions of the cantons, who rejected it, saying it wasn't the state's right to monitor the eating habits of its citizens.

Taiwan

Dog meat in Taiwan is known as 香肉 (xiang1 rou4), meaning "fragrant/savory meat." Dog meat has never been commonplace in Taiwan, but it is particularly eaten in the winter months, especially black dogs, which are believed to help retain body warmth. In 2004, the Taiwanese government imposed a ban on the sale of dog meat, due to both pressure from domestic animal welfare groups and a desire to improve international perceptions. [22] According to Lonely Planet's Taiwan guide, it is still possible to find dog meat on some restaurant menus, but this is becoming increasingly rare.

While it is not considered a daily meat, dog meat is eaten throughout Vietnam. It is more popular in the North than in the South. To many Northerners, dog meat is a popular, if relatively expensive, dinnertime restaurant meal. The term thịt chó, Vietnamese for 'dog meat', is used widely in the North. However, places selling dog meat in the South tend not to use the term, using instead "thịt cầy" (Bow Bow meat) or other word plays to conceal the meat's origin.

In Nhật Tân Street, Tây Hồ District, Hanoi, many restaurants serve dog meat, often imitating each other. Groups of male customers, seated on mats, will spend their evenings sharing plates of dog meat and drinking beer. Dog meat is supposed to raise the libido and is sometimes considered unsuitable for women; in other words, eating dog meat serves as a male bonding exercise. Nevertheless, it is not uncommon for women to eat dog meat.

The consumption of dog meat can be part of a ritual usually occurring toward the end of the lunar month for reasons of astrology and luck. Restaurants which mainly exist to serve dog meat may only open for the last half of the lunar month.

Arctic and Antarctic

Dogs have historically been an emergency food source for various peoples in Siberia, Alaska, northern Canada, and Greenland. Sled dogs are usually maintained for pulling sleds, but occasionally are eaten when no other food is available.

That's a lot of posterboard.......

roadwarrior
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
That's a dog gone long post, Tatanka!

A1pigskin
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Dog may be greasy if you feed it Ol'Roy. Could go with a Ol'Roy sign or a bag of dog food.

Tatanka
12-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Was wondering what that strange tasting meat was in your soup yesterday Tatanka, now I know.:rofl: :eek:

Da Bison
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Was wondering what that strange tasting meat was in your soup yesterday Tatanka, now I know.

Kinda glad I got there after you were done serving.:hungry:

A1pigskin
12-02-2012, 08:54 PM
My dog humped your dog.....

Tatanka
12-02-2012, 09:38 PM
My dog humped your dog.....my dog humped your triple option.
I do think there is a sign somewhere in the dog meat question above. I will research and report back.

BadlandsBison
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM
my dog humped your triple option.
I do think there is a sign somewhere in the dog meat question above. I will research and report back.

This has potential :D

Think espn would put it on camera?

Tatanka
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Triple Option vs NDSU:
1) Take a knee
2) Fumble
3) Tackle For Loss

Tatanka
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
This has potential :D

Think espn would put it on camera?

Yeah, not so much. But I do believe I need to at least test that theory.

Thundering Herd
12-03-2012, 02:31 AM
here's one i hope is sign-worthy
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/wofford-2.jpg

Tatanka
12-03-2012, 02:38 AM
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/wofford-2.jpgDefinitely sign-worthy. Permission?

Thundering Herd
12-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Definitely sign-worthy. Permission?
permission? Should have I asked Woofer College for permission? shit, oh-oh.... have at it tatanka!

Rynomite
12-03-2012, 04:32 AM
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/wofford-2.jpg

Love your ideas!! I could see that one on ESPN for sure!

BISON24
12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Excellent opportunity for PETA signs you guys

-Someone call PETA, the dogs are getting beat
-They could shoot a PETA commercial of this beating
-PETA hasn't seen this much dog cruelty since Michael Vick
-The Terriers would rather stay at Vick's place than spend another minute in the Fargodome
etc......

bisonfan08
12-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Is that Sarah McLachlan playing?

or

Even Sarah McLachlan couldn't provide hope for these dogs.

TAILG8R
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Excellent opportunity for PETA signs you guys

-Someone call PETA, the dogs are getting beat
-They could shoot a PETA commercial of this beating
-PETA hasn't seen this much dog cruelty since Michael Vick
-The Terriers would rather stay at Vick's place than spend another minute in the Fargodome
etc......

This one I like

Vitojr130
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
FirE Vigen
Save Season
P
N

:rofl:
Okay for reals I'm done now :)

TAILG8R
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2365&d=1354575407

gotts
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2011/10/herbie-e1319905074765.jpg

thebigund
12-03-2012, 11:05 PM
http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2011/10/herbie-e1319905074765.jpg
I remember seeing that sign and it making my day. Cause I love penis, obviously.

Most
Underrated
Team
SRSLY

BisonHorns
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Terriers
Every
Single
Player
Nuetered

GSUDeltaChi
12-04-2012, 02:13 AM
The one we use when we play at Wofford is "Beat Terriorism" or "Fight Terriorism"

Looking forward to see if we can handle ODU and make another trip to Fargo.

GO Eagles!

Tatanka
12-04-2012, 02:17 AM
The one we use when we play at Wofford is "Beat Terriorism" or "Fight Terriorism"

GO Eagles!nice !

Thundering Herd
12-04-2012, 04:45 AM

GO Eagles!
I actually thought of doing a "Wofford Terrorists" logo. Still might.... we'll see.

KilldeerBison
12-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Eat
Shit
Puppy
Nerds Bison win by

3 touchdowns!!

BISON24
12-04-2012, 02:26 PM
As the great president George W. once said "We can't let the Terriers Win"

thebigund
12-04-2012, 02:32 PM

http://youtu.be/6K8bHm_OgzM

Oldmain80
12-04-2012, 02:49 PM

China

Indonesia

Korea

Mexico

Philippines

Polynesia

Switzerland

Taiwan

Arctic and Antarctic

Better question would be "What countries eat Bison?". Can't imagine that noone in ND has ever thrown a bison burger on the grill.

Looking forward to a great day of football this Saturday. I am enjoying your fan board and will make the occasional post. Couldn't resist the oportunity on this topic.

Wish I could make the trip but I have found that you cannot get to Fargo from here. Probably best since I don't own any clothes that can be worn below 50 degrees.

Good luck and I hope you will be impressed with our Short Haired Dogs. GO TERRIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Better question would be "What countries eat Bison?". Can't imagine that noone in ND has ever thrown a bison burger on the grill.

Looking forward to a great day of football this Saturday. I am enjoying your fan board and will make the occasional post. Couldn't resist the oportunity on this topic.

Wish I could make the trip but I have found that you cannot get to Fargo from here. Probably best since I don't own any clothes that can be worn below 50 degrees.

Good luck and I hope you will be impressed with our Short Haired Dogs. GO TERRIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: Welcome to Bisonville!

Oldmain80
12-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks Tatanka.

TAILG8R
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Every play
Bison
Trample
Canines

Tatanka
12-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Props to whoever made the PETA sign that was up on the videoboard tonight. Classic.

bri-dog
12-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Props to whoever made the PETA sign that was up on the videoboard tonight. Classic.

One of my favorites was:

"Ben Leber wishes he could have played for a Defense this good"...

TAILG8R
12-09-2012, 03:23 AM

That was me, thanks. I ripped off the idea from this thread but it was so good I had to go with it.

Tatanka
12-09-2012, 03:24 AM
That was me, thanks. I ripped off the idea from this thread but it was so good I had to go with it.indeed. Very well played.

TAILG8R
12-09-2012, 03:29 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2379&d=1355027247

Here is the sign in all its glory,I must have gotten a little excited right before this pic was taken, my hat is barely on my head.

1998braves64
12-09-2012, 03:31 AM
One of my favorites was:

"Ben Leber wishes he could have played for a Defense this good"...

https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/277537172595306497

His response to the Leber sign. :)

Hammerhead
12-09-2012, 04:44 AM
deleted. 10 char