PDA

View Full Version : Dinwiddie's

tolnabison
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Never seen either of them on the sideline or on special teams tonight. Any word on them?

KSBisonFan
12-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Never seen either of them on the sideline or on special teams tonight. Any word on them?

Would it have had something to do with the limit on the number of players each team can dress for a playoff game?? Just a guess.

KCHerd
12-02-2012, 12:55 AM
They are no longer on the team.

b15on
12-02-2012, 12:58 AM
They are no longer on the team.

Both wanted to transfer before the semester ended.

56BISON73
12-02-2012, 01:04 AM

When did this happen? Surprised the press didnt pick this up.

tolnabison
12-02-2012, 01:06 AM
2 more scholarships opened up I guess.

JustinTyem
12-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Both wanted to transfer before the semester ended.They still show on the roster though.

silkamilkamonico
12-02-2012, 01:12 AM
The rb was good but judt no use for him he can go play elsewhere and get more pt. Sucks to lode the lber he was good special teamer.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

KSBisonFan
12-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Anyone know where they transferred? Hate to see them leave and I wish them well.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-02-2012, 01:22 AM
This is too bad. I thought both would contribute significantly in the future.

HandoEX
12-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Good luck to them. Can't say this was a smart move on their parts though. Why not wait to finish the season?

silkamilkamonico
12-02-2012, 01:25 AM
This is too bad. I thought both would contribute significantly in the future.

The rb would have had to beat out both crockett and ojuri and that wasnt going to happen.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

bisontwice
12-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Jake Davis the freshman LB quit as well this week

JustinTyem
12-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Jake Davis the freshman LB quit as well this week3 players from Kansas,Makes you wonder????

Bisonwinagn
12-02-2012, 02:31 AM
How can someone leave or transfer before completing classes? They would have had to withdraw or fail all classes and get no credit.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2012, 02:43 AM
How can someone leave or transfer before completing classes? They would have had to withdraw or fail all classes and get no credit.

I'm sure they will finish out the semester.

Snowgoose
12-02-2012, 03:06 AM
The one thing I didn't understand was why Dinwiddie didn't get some time on special tea,s for running kicks back. I never saw him do it but I still find it strange with Smiths being injury prone and us being thin at WR that we take that risk.

westnodak93bison
12-02-2012, 03:08 AM
If they want out then its ok if they leave. Good luck to them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonEngrGirl
12-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Who would want to miss out on a chance at a ring?????

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

unbison
12-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Oooooo well!!!

runtheoption
12-02-2012, 03:33 AM
I thought I heard one of the players being interviewed on the post-game radio show say that one of the Dinwiddie's drew up the Ryan Smith TD play.

Srsly. No purple.

NorthernBison
12-02-2012, 03:41 AM
I thought I heard one of the players being interviewed on the post-game radio show say that one of the Dinwiddie's drew up the Ryan Smith TD play.

Srsly. No purple.

I heard that too.

perthbison
12-02-2012, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=runtheoption;685929]I thought I heard one of the players being interviewed on the post-game radio show say that one of the Dinwiddie's drew up the Ryan Smith TD play.

Srsly. No purple.[/QUOTE that faked me out watching on the web:hungry:

Jay
12-02-2012, 03:55 AM

Srsly. No purple.

It was Derek Lee.

runtheoption
12-02-2012, 03:59 AM
It was Derek Lee.

Derek Lee said it, or Derek Lee drew it up?

Jay
12-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Derek Lee said it, or Derek Lee drew it up?

I think it was Ryan Smith or Garrett Bruhn said Derek Lee brought it up in film. I don't know if it was this same play though.

1998braves64
12-02-2012, 04:14 AM
I think it was Ryan Smith or Garrett Bruhn said Derek Lee brought it up in film. I don't know if it was this same play though.

That was the Bruhn TD pass, Lee had noticed it when they were watching the previous SDSU game on film that they were leaving a spot/receiver open on a certain route on that play. I believe Dinwiddie may have been the route runner in the previous SDSU game was what was mentioned??

HerdBot
12-02-2012, 04:31 AM

This blows. The running back doesn't concern me since were loaded and the kid on the practice squad obviously is seeing his stock rise. but the linebacker does. He would have provided depth or challenged for a starting role. Losing Jacob Davis sucks too. Who is our future middle linebacker? These Kansas kids are probably just pissed they were getting beat out by North Dakota and Minnesota players.

The 2011 recruiting class has more attrition than the 2009 and 2010 classes combined.

56BISON73
12-02-2012, 04:32 AM
This blows. The running back doesn't concern me since were loaded and the kid on the practice squad obviously is seeing his stock rise. but the linebacker does. He would have provided depth or challenged for a starting role. Losing Jacob Davis sucks too. Who is our future middle linebacker? These Kansas kids are probably just pissed they were getting beat out by North Dakota and Minnesota players.

:facepalm:

JustinTyem
12-02-2012, 04:34 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

HerdBot
12-02-2012, 04:38 AM
:facepalm: :facepalm: you sure seem to dislike my support of ND/MN players

56BISON73
12-02-2012, 04:42 AM

Thats not supporting MN/ND players. You are making disparaging comments about players from another state of which you dont have the facts. If they did in fact leave because of lack of possible playing time it had nothing to do with the state they came from.

As you stated in another post. You really dont have a clue.

HerdBot
12-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Thats not supporting MN/ND players. You are making disparaging comments about players from another state of which you dont have the facts. If they did in fact leave because of lack of possible playing time it had nothing to do with the state they came from.

As you stated in another post. You really dont have a clue.

How is saying they left because they got beat out by North Dakota/Minnesota kids disparaging? Its no more than saying kids from other states are so much more talented. I admit I don't have facts but if they are transferring, you can assume its to play football.

56BISON73
12-02-2012, 05:14 AM
How is saying they left because they got beat out by North Dakota/Minnesota kids disparaging? Its no more than saying kids from other states are so much more talented. I admit I don't have facts but if they are transferring, you can assume its to play football.

You see nothing the matter with this statement----These Kansas kids are probably just pissed they were getting beat out by North Dakota and Minnesota players.

If not I cant help you.

HoopsBison
12-02-2012, 05:17 AM
oh Gabe....

HerdBot
12-02-2012, 05:24 AM
You see nothing the matter with this statement----These Kansas kids are probably just pissed they were getting beat out by North Dakota and Minnesota players.

If not I cant help you.

Yeah I guess that does sound kind of asshole like. Poorly worded. I was actually trying to compliment Deshawn as he would have played a lot if he was patient

56BISON73
12-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Yeah I guess that does sound kind of asshole like. Poorly worded. I was actually trying to compliment Deshawn as he would have played a lot if he was patient

:rofl: Sorry for laughing but thats the weirdest compliment Ive ever seen. I also think he would have seen more playing time but dont know how he was working out in the scheme of things. Or was it due to his brothers lack of playing time or vise versa? Or was playing time the real issue? Strange dynamic going on there.

HerdBot
12-02-2012, 05:48 AM
:rofl: Sorry for laughing but thats the weirdest compliment Ive ever seen. I also think he would have seen more playing time but dont know how he was working out in the scheme of things. Or was it due to his brothers lack of playing time or vise versa? Or was playing time the real issue? Strange dynamic going on there.

Possibly but one reason I'm such a pimp of ND/MN kids is if they do get beat out, they typically stick with the team and add championship quality depth. The 2011 class is trending downwards in attrition. Lisenby, Horvath, Stafford, Veldman, Grimm, and now Dinwiddie.

CAS4127
12-02-2012, 07:01 AM
So, both r gone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

344Johnson
12-02-2012, 08:11 AM

100% agree with 56.

Ticked they want to leave. I loved that RB. He had some promise for sure. Idk if he thought he'd feature but he doesn't have the size. He definitely merited more carries in my mind. I'm sure the coaches have a better idea but I'd love to see them stay.

Maybe this explains why a friend of mine was upset, she is pretty good friends with one of them and was pretty bummed today about something but I didn't ask what was wrong.

KSBisonFan
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM

The 2011 recruiting class has more attrition than the 2009 and 2010 classes combined.

Couldn't be any other reason, could it? You makes some really stupid statements Gabe. Get a clue!

THEsocalledfan
12-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Gabe pl is right on this. Let it go.

westnodak93bison
12-02-2012, 01:08 PM

If not I cant help you.

I can see that. Would not surprise me if kids from other areas of the country think they are automatically better than a kid from little old Nodak or Minny.

Bison"FANatic"
12-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Sucked they left as I was rooting for them after all they have went through in life. I do commend them for letting the coaches know now though so the schollies can be filled in this recruiting class and not waiting till after signing day and leaving next semester.

stevdock
12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I will say that for THIS year's team and this situation, it is too bad that the championship game got moved to the 2nd semester. There's no reason to believe that one or both wouldn't have dressed and helped the team during the playoffs.

loudsilverado
12-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I can see that. Would not surprise me if kids from other areas of the country think they are automatically better than a kid from little old Nodak or Minny.

Exactly. With the oil boom, I've been exposed to people from all over the country. There is lots of arrogance out there that some of you on this board don't have a clue about. I have no doubt that kids from other parts of the country would come to NDSU expecting to be 1st team and a "stud" right away. Just ask someone from Texas how awesome they are and how ND sucks, they will tell you...

BisonNeil
12-02-2012, 03:19 PM

The 2011 recruiting class has more attrition than the 2009 and 2010 classes combined. True that. The 2011 class will never be as bad as the 2008 class, but it could be more like the 2007 with attrition rate but the talent that stays is very good.

What really blows is that this leaves the LB situation even more precarious and the RB lacks talent among the underclassmen. I hate that it and it will be noticeable come the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

Mr. Burgundy
12-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I like it. I would rather be recruiiting with more money now as a National Champion on another potential title run, than have 3 kids on the roster that for one reason or another don't want to be here. Lets get new kids, balance our our classes and reload. I think we do need a RB in this class, and CLEARLY are focusing on DT and the LB spot.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE

Herd
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
LB is maybe the one spot that you can JC your way to success, Chad Wilson type guy is a good example. We need to bring in a seasoned replacement for next season, and JC is the way to go.

The spot that I am most conerned for next year it DT. I hope a couple of the freshman stick around this time, and can play a little ball. Also, Hope Levo get's back for K-state.

PaBizon
12-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Gabe, before you apologize consider the source who's going after you. THere are certain people here that always focus on the negative and like to argue about nothing. NDSU could score 80 and they would still say something negative. I have no problem with what you said and IMO you're right about why they left.

KCHerd
12-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Hey our starting free safety was born in Kansas , so we still have connection to the state !!

westnodak93bison
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
LB is maybe the one spot that you can JC your way to success, Chad Wilson type guy is a good example. We need to bring in a seasoned replacement for next season, and JC is the way to go.

The spot that I am most conerned for next year it DT. I hope a couple of the freshman stick around this time, and can play a little ball. Also, Hope Levo get's back for K-state.

I heard LP's knee wasnt as bad as first thought and he could be lifting in about 5 weeks.

BisonNation11
12-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I heard LP's knee wasnt as bad as first thought and he could be lifting in about 5 weeks.

For what it's worth, I read on LP's Twitter one of his family members (not brother) might be trying to walk-on next season. If he is half the beast LP is, I'd take him.

ndsubisonx
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM

too bad. dinwiddie was a good back and i always thought he should've had a bigger role with our offense. deshawn was good on special teams and could have contributed at LB at some point. Deveon is an FCS caliber starter. I wonder where they will go D2 or another FCS school

SamsRams
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Well both have a redshirt available. hopefully they go to Iowa St

Facts
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
too bad. dinwiddie was a good back and i always thought he should've had a bigger role with our offense. deshawn was good on special teams and could have contributed at LB at some point. Deveon is an FCS caliber starter. I wonder where they will go D2 or another FCS school

IMO the real question is why didnt the lil rb play more at reciever? One would think they surely could've found a way to use him.
I'm more disappointed about the lbs though.

SamsRams
12-02-2012, 10:45 PM
So, both r gone??

From this years team yes. maybe cooler heads will prevail and 1 or both will return next year. i do not ever get believe deveon was a full ride

southcliffbison
12-02-2012, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=westnodak93bison;686213]I heard LP's knee wasnt as bad as first thought and he could be lifting in about 5 weeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE

Source, please ? If true, this is the best Christmas present Bison Nation could receive.

ISXBISON
12-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Kolpack just tweeted that Bohl confirmed both Dinwiddie's and Davis have left the program.

onbison09
12-03-2012, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=westnodak93bison;686213]I heard LP's knee wasnt as bad as first thought and he could be lifting in about 5 weeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE

Source, please ? If true, this is the best Christmas present Bison Nation could receive.

Lifting and not playing? If that's the case, I don't see how that helps this year (obviously it's awesome for him).

CAS4127
12-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Can someone give us info about Davis? Position, year, etc.

BisonCountry
12-03-2012, 02:07 AM
42 Jacob Davis LB 6-1 225 Fr. Wichita, Kan. (Northwest H.S.)

Kermit
12-03-2012, 02:07 AM

True freshman MLB from Kansas. He was redshirting.

Professor Chaos
12-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Disappointed to hear about all 3 but really disappointed to hear about Davis. I thought he was going to take the torch at MLB from Grant Olson after next year. He seemed like a kid with a ton of talent and the potential to be a fantastic FCS football player. Good luck to all three, you can't blame them for being honest about their intentions no matter how messed up it seems to those of us on the outside who don't know the whole story.

herdmember
12-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Losing our 4th best LB who is only a sophomore is tough. With how much the coaching staff likes to rotate at other positions its surprising DeShaun didn't get more PT on D this year.

Am I counting right, will this be Deveon's 4th school? Things that make you go hmmm.

In an unrelated note, I like Matt Jones!

SamsRams
12-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Losing our 4th best LB who is only a sophomore is tough. With how much the coaching staff likes to rotate at other positions its surprising DeShaun didn't get more PT on D this year.

Am I counting right, will this be Deveon's 4th school? Things that make you go hmmm.

Third he never enrolled at Kansas State

Grizzled
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Exactly. With the oil boom, I've been exposed to people from all over the country. There is lots of arrogance out there that some of you on this board don't have a clue about. I have no doubt that kids from other parts of the country would come to NDSU expecting to be 1st team and a "stud" right away. Just ask someone from Texas how awesome they are and how ND sucks, they will tell you...

And everyone who comes to North Dakota from out of state is "trouble". The arrogance and judgement goes both ways.

Also- According to anyone from Texas, everywhere else in the US sucks. Not just ND.

devin45k
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
For the lack of playing time Dinnwiddie got this year at RB...I was impressed when he did play

silkamilkamonico
12-03-2012, 01:47 PM

Probably our best LB recruit, and arguably one of the best ones in the class.

Big loss for our future.

Like what's been said, the attrition rate of the last year or 2 is concerning, and I hope it doesn't put the program back a year or two after next year.

westnodak93bison
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Big loss for our future.

Like what's been said, the attrition rate of the last year or 2 is concerning, and I hope it doesn't put the program back a year or two after next year.

Seems like everyone is concerned about LB depth now that we have lost these two. How are the other young FR & RFr LBs developing?

HerdBot
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM

Was Esley Thorton ahead of him on the dept chart? Alex Lavoy had a great spring game. MJ Stumpf was a big ND recruit. Riopelle and Sonnenfeld were early signings which is a good indicator. I think Jones is good as is the kid on the practice squad. Crockett is only a sophmore. We will be fine. My biggest concern is middle linebacker. I think the kid from Fargo was doing well but has gotten injured 2 years in a row and will certainly get a medical redshirt

coloradobison
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I think Esley and Deshawn were at different positions, both running with the #2's. We are very young at the position, that is for sure, and very little experience behind the starters.

Bison"FANatic"
12-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Big loss for our future.

We are going to always have some attrition but what I find interesting is that after the 06 and 07 very good years we then had a bad class for attrition and now after success we have the same thing seemingly starting. Maybe it is just my perception lately as I haven't looked at the total percentages of class compared to other years real close but it makes me wonder if we have reached on kids or if with more talented kids they expect to play more. I hope it isn't cutting into the "Family" dynamic that this team has as the chemistry just seems great. I was really impressed with Lund and how he talked about changing the dynamic and treating all players the same from freshman to seniors and backups to starters. That is what we can't lose as it turns into Championships.

There seems to be a ton of talent in the younger guys though and those that stay will be champions!!!!!!!!!!!

devin45k
12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Hopefully, Esley can improve.....He seems to behind on most of his reactions on special team and defensive plays.

Grizzled
12-03-2012, 02:51 PM
We are going to always have some attrition but what I find interesting is that after the 06 and 07 very good years we then had a bad class for attrition and now after success we have the same thing seemingly starting. Maybe it is just my perception lately as I haven't looked at the total percentages of class compared to other years real close but it makes me wonder if we have reached on kids or if with more talented kids they expect to play more. I hope it isn't cutting into the "Family" dynamic that this team has as the chemistry just seems great. I was really impressed with Lund and how he talked about changing the dynamic and treating all players the same from freshman to seniors and backups to starters. That is what we can't lose as it turns into Championships.

There seems to be a ton of talent in the younger guys though and those that stay will be champions!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to do with playing time. Even though some people like to think immediate playing time is "overused". It is huge at this level.

Vitojr130
12-03-2012, 02:51 PM
They left because of all the asshats in this thread. :rofl:

I've been here for over a year now, is it acceptable that I say this?

Oh and of course:

fire Vigen (hire Dinwiddie), save season!

HerdBot
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Hopefully, Esley can improve.....He seems to behind on most of his reactions on special team and defensive plays.

He didn't play linebacker until mid camp. He has incredible athleticism (38" vertical jump) and has a 6-3 frame but still looks a little skinny. He played safety in high school so its a new spot. He will benefit more from the off season than anyone plus a full camp at linebacker will be huge. Speaks volumes about him that he saw the field so quickly

devin45k
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
He didn't play linebacker until mid camp. He has incredible athleticism (38" vertical jump) and has a 6-3 frame but still looks a little skinny. He played safety in high school so its a new spot. He will benefit more from the off season than anyone plus a full camp at linebacker will be huge. Speaks volumes about him that he saw the field so quickly

I was surprised that they chose LB over a safety position. I can see him improving with an offseason under his belt.

Kermit
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I think the kid from Fargo was doing well but has gotten injured 2 years in a row and will certainly get a medical redshirt

Logan Hushka has unfortunately had a very complicated recovery from his knee surgeries. His football career is likely over.

silkamilkamonico
12-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Was looking at our roster and freshmna redshirting.

Why did Chuks Amaechi move to DE? A 202 pound DE?

Kermit
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM

Because he is a freak athlete with a big frame. The coaching staff has mentioned that he is tough to block in practice.

devin45k
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Logan Hushka has unfortunately had a very complicated recovery from his knee surgeries. His football career is likely over.

Would be very difficult to come back from that.

Snowgoose
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Because he is a freak athlete with a big frame. The coaching staff has mentioned that he is tough to block in practice.

The coach's know a ton more than I, but it is too bad if he is a freak athlete with a big frame that he couldn't be that 240 pound MLB like a Joe Mays, especially since we are in need of some good backup LB's.

THE HERD
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM

The big DT we got out of AZ this year should be ready to contribute next year as he was pushing 270lbs coming in, just can't remember the name right now....started with a F, like Farnworth.

coloradobison
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
The big DT we got out of AZ this year should be ready to contribute next year as he was pushing 270lbs coming in, just can't remember the name right now....started with a F, like Farnworth.

Farnlof
ten char

Honeybooboo
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Farnlof
ten char

Austin Farnlof

KTF
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
About a year ago, I found articles online about the DinWiddie's from their past. After reading the articles and seeing what I saw in this thread, I can see why they did what they did. At a young age they were seperated and vowed to get back together. NDSU was the place where they got back together with a brotherly connection tight enough to have the "you take both of us" mentality. I have read in other threads that they wanted to pursue academics, great for them. I truly believe that is what they want. I also believe they both wanted play a role together, now whether that was a pipedream or reality remained out of their control, thus I believe that is why they left. I wish them the best in their futures.

westnodak93bison
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM

He sat in front of me at the first SDSU game and said he was up to 220lb already.

HerdBot
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
The coach's know a ton more than I, but it is too bad if he is a freak athlete with a big frame that he couldn't be that 240 pound MLB like a Joe Mays, especially since we are in need of some good backup LB's.

I think an edge pass rusher is one of the hardest positions to find. In the Tampa 2, the RDE is extremely important because the system relies on the ability to get your pressure with your front 4. A good example would be the Vikings and Bears. Both ran a similar Tampa 2 defense. The Vikes defense was good with Pat and Kevin Williams but teams still success throwing the ball. Jared Allen was the player that put them over the top. (until recently of course) Same with the Bears a few years ago with Julius Peppers.

Middle linebacker is extremely important too but this kid is a freak of an athlete. After a year of training when he's 6-3, 240 with cat like edge speed, we will be glad we put him at DE. I think he will see the field next year with Rickey Hagen graduating. If he's as good as we hope, our D-line will tee off on QB's with the beasts in the middle and Hardie, Jirik, Emmanual, and Amechi just dominating like we've never seen. His sophomore year, he will help replace Jirik and team up with Emmanuel and Hardie for a formidable edge pass rush. Look for off the chart tackles for loss out of this kid.

344Johnson
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I think an edge pass rusher is one of the hardest positions to find. In the Tampa 2, the RDE is extremely important because the system relies on the ability to get your pressure with your front 4. A good example would be the Vikings and Bears. Both ran a similar Tampa 2 defense. The Vikes defense was good with Pat and Kevin Williams but teams still success throwing the ball. Jared Allen was the player that put them over the top. (until recently of course) Same with the Bears a few years ago with Julius Peppers.

Middle linebacker is extremely important too but this kid is a freak of an athlete. After a year of training when he's 6-3, 240 with cat like edge speed, we will be glad we put him at DE. I think he will see the field next year with Rickey Hagen graduating. If he's as good as we hope, our D-line will tee off on QB's with the beasts in the middle and Hardie, Jirik, Emmanual, and Amechi just dominating like we've never seen. His sophomore year, he will help replace Jirik and team up with Emmanuel and Hardie for a formidable edge pass rush. Look for off the chart tackles for loss out of this kid.

very optimistic analysis. Hopefully he is a great player.

SafeTeeJ
12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
those who Stay................

56BISON73
12-03-2012, 08:55 PM

Every kid that comes in thinks he better regardless of where the others come from.

CAS4127
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
If they were gonna leave, better now than Spring, as we can use the extra schollies in our recruiting right now.

In the long run, I think they will regret their decision-->just sayin'!!

EndZoneQB
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Every kid that comes in thinks he better regardless of where the others come from.

Most come from being the stars on their respective HS teams...

ndsubisonx
12-04-2012, 04:39 AM
why would davis leave when hes a top recruit? is somebody home sick?

MarkyMark
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Esley Thornton now listed as backup to both Beck and Littlejohn on the depth chart for Saturday.

WLB 52 Travis Beck 6-0 207 So. Munich, N.D.
9 Esley Thorton 6-3 207 So. Bismarck, N.D.

MLB 34 Grant Olson 6-0 223 Jr. Plymouth, Minn.
44 Antonio Rodgers 5-9¾ 221 Jr. N. Miami Beach, Fla.

SLB 38 Carlton Littlejohn 6-1 216 So. Minneapolis, Minn.

I can't understand how Dinwiddie could leave right now unless he is not be able to play because of grades.

devin45k
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I can't understand how Dinwiddie could leave right now unless he is not be able to play because of grades.

That's the part that is confusing me also.

HerdBot
12-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Esley Thornton now listed as backup to both Beck and Littlejohn on the depth chart for Saturday.

WLB 52 Travis Beck 6-0 207 So. Munich, N.D.

MLB 34 Grant Olson 6-0 223 Jr. Plymouth, Minn.
44 Antonio Rodgers 5-9¾ 221 Jr. N. Miami Beach, Fla.

SLB 38 Carlton Littlejohn 6-1 216 So. Minneapolis, Minn.

Obviously nobody will ever know so any talk is speculation but I'm curious why you would leave your team hanging in the middle of a playoff run. I don't think it's for grades considering everything has read has talked about him wanting to focus on education, and not football. (good for him) On the positive side like CAS said, at least it gives us more scholarships. I guess this is an opportunity for the other players to step up. Guys like Thornton, Lavoy, or Sonnenfeld

Grizzled
12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Even if it was grades, they would be elgible until the end of the semester. So they gained nothing academically by leaving in November and if it was football related are missing out on valuable practices against the best competition around that they aren't going to get elsewhere. Seems real odd that 3 guys all from the same state would leave at the same time.

MarkyMark
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
DeShawn Dinwiddie accomplished alot by playing as a true freshman and making 2nd string LB his Sophmore year. As a fan of the team his future with the Bison appeared to be very bright. I wish him the best but hope that he is making a move that is truelly in his best interest.

Mr. Burgundy
12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
From what I understand, this is a playing time issue, with a depth chart that is staring them in the face. The other kid was homesick. Tough deal. I "think" that the National Title game is in the second semester and you have to be eligible after your first semester grades come out to play in that game. I am not positive on that.

Grizzled
12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
From what I understand, this is a playing time issue, with a depth chart that is staring them in the face. The other kid was homesick. Tough deal. I "think" that the National Title game is in the second semester and you have to be eligible after your first semester grades come out to play in that game. I am not positive on that.

Your right on that Burgandy. With the nat'l title game in the 2nd semester team could lose a starter or contributor due to grades from the spring semester. However, they could regain a starter or contributor who got their elgibility back. We could have got Pierre back last year if we would have had an injury or played someone where the coaches felt we needed another corner.

Civil06
12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Your right on that Burgandy. With the nat'l title game in the 2nd semester team could lose a starter or contributor due to grades from the spring semester. However, they could regain a starter or contributor who got their elgibility back. We could have got Pierre back last year if we would have had an injury or played someone where the coaches felt we needed another corner.

He was back for the Natty. I don't know if he played, but he did dress.

56BISON73
12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Even if it was grades, they would be elgible until the end of the semester. So they gained nothing academically by leaving in November and if it was football related are missing out on valuable practices against the best competition around that they aren't going to get elsewhere. Seems real odd that 3 guys all from the same state would leave at the same time.

This is a real head scratcher. Leaving during the playoffs just doesnt make any sense.

Jay
12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
From Media Blog -- D. Dinwiddie

“I’m transferring because me and the new linebacker coach (Steve Stanard) didn’t click and I’m homesick,” he wrote. “I want to make it easier for my family to make it to my games."

devin45k
12-04-2012, 09:51 PM
From Media Blog -- D. Dinwiddie

what the heck

KSBisonFan
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Wish them both the best. Closest DII schools to their hometown would be Emporia State, Fort Hays State and Washburn. I hope things work out for them.

EndZoneQB
12-04-2012, 10:55 PM
This is a real head scratcher. Leaving during the playoffs just doesnt make any sense.

Well, from what I heard, they told Coach they were transferring after the semester and he told them to take a hike basically.

NDSU1980
12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I've got it figured out. All three were from Kansas, so they were obviously sent here as spies by Kansas State, taking scouting to the extreme for our game with them next year.

bisontwice
12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Rumor has it we also lost another LB over the weekend

EndZoneQB
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
rumor has it we also lost another lb over the weekend

no freaking way???

Jay
12-04-2012, 11:13 PM
no freaking way???

I'm hoping he didn't read this thread at all and just found out about the internet and is talking about Davis.

aces1180
12-04-2012, 11:15 PM
no freaking way???

Fire Stanard, save LBs?

Wally
12-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Rumor has it we also lost another LB over the weekend

What ?? A LB playing right now, or a redshirt guy? I don't like falling into the rumor trap, but after the 3 left earlier, who the hell knows

HoopsBison
12-04-2012, 11:34 PM
No way we lost another LB, sure he is talking about Davis.

BismarckBisonFan
12-04-2012, 11:36 PM

I sure hope you are right on Davis.

EndZoneQB
12-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm hoping he didn't read this thread at all and just found out about the internet and is talking about Davis.

Or The Forum, In-Forum, the other thread titled "Three Players leaving the team"....

Fire Stanard, save LBs?

Right.

What ?? A LB playing right now, or a redshirt guy? I don't like falling into the rumor trap, but after the 3 left earlier, who the hell knows

Davis.

Yes.

I sure hope you are right on Davis.

Yes.

HerdBot
12-04-2012, 11:44 PM

If that is the case they are too mentally immature to play in the spotlight of Division 1 Football if they can't handle it. Besides, this is probably Davis hes talking about.

GradBison
12-04-2012, 11:58 PM
If that is the case they are too mentally immature to play in the spotlight of Division 1 Football if they can't handle it. Besides, this is probably Davis hes talking about.

You misunderstood.

BisonNation11
12-05-2012, 12:01 AM
The way I see it, Bison football isn't for everyone. A lot is demanded of you on the field, in practice and study sessions, as well as in the classroom. Our program holds these kids to some very high standards, and for some, being away from home doesn't help.

EndZoneQB
12-05-2012, 12:08 AM
The way I see it, Bison football isn't for everyone. A lot is demanded of you on the field, in practice and study sessions, as well as in the classroom. Our program holds these kids to some very high standards, and for some, being away from home doesn't help.

It doesn't only happen at our program.

Everyone needs to step away from the ledge.

HerdBot
12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
You misunderstood.

Sorry I thought you meant a linebacker left the team because of a post on a message board! :)

bisontwice
12-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Not Davis, not a new guy. Only have one source, very reliable but haven't confirmed it with a second source. Anyone able to go to practice and do an inventory?

KSBisonFan
12-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Not Davis, not a new guy. Only have one source, very reliable but haven't confirmed it with a second source. Anyone able to go to practice and do an inventory?

YHGTBFKM!!!*

You Have Got To Be F'ing Kidding Me!!

80ALUM
12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Logan Hushka? Thought I read that he was having knee issues or something.

GradBison
12-05-2012, 12:24 AM

Hate these posts.

I know something you don't, I'm going to make sure you know that I know something you don't, not gonna tell you what it is cause it might not be true after all. Thanks for your valuable contributions.

BisonNation11
12-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Hate these posts.

I know something you don't, I'm going to make sure you know that I know something you don't, not gonna tell you what it is cause it might not be true after all. Thanks for your valuable contributions.

^^^THIS^^^ Either say you might have some info. about _____ _______ leaving or don't say anything. No one is asking for your source.

HoopsBison
12-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah no really, if you dont have enough information, dont post it at all. Stupid...

NDSU1980
12-05-2012, 12:42 AM
^^^THIS^^^ Either say you might have some info. about _____ _______ leaving or don't say anything. No one is asking for your source.Double ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree. Either report facts or shut up. We don't need these stories.

BismarckBisonFan
12-05-2012, 12:44 AM
^^^THIS^^^ Either say you might have some info. about _____ _______ leaving or don't say anything. No one is asking for your source.

Couldn't agree more.

HerdBot
12-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Hate these posts.

Me too. I will neg rep

CalBison97
12-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Hate these posts.

++++ I thought this was Bisonville, not annoying Facebook and the 'I-want-you-to-try-and-figure-out-what-I'm-trying-to-say-without-having-to-say-it' status update...

ndsubisonx
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM

grant olson is transferring to und to help out their tackling

ndsubisonx
12-05-2012, 01:28 AM

spit it out then... i know a guy who knows a guy who said it

HerdBot
12-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Are you going to neg rep yourself then? Seriously though, this serves no legitimate purpose, nor does the original post you're referring to.

I believe the original poster. Has been spot on before. Were just more annoyed hes hinting when he can just spit it out or not post. I would be glad if its not a starter.

You're right though no more discussion needed ill delete my post. It was a dumb post

Edit your reply with my response (thanks)
Edit: pl can you delete ?

HoopsBison
12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Why fuel the fire? It was stupid post to start with, now you make a second stupid post...:facepalm:

My source tells me we wont have enough players to field a team by Saturday...

westnodak93bison
12-05-2012, 01:57 AM

So did Grant Olson

HerdBot
12-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Why fuel the fire? It was stupid post to start with, now you make a second stupid post...:facepalm:

My source tells me we wont have enough players to field a team by Saturday...

Misery loves company and so does stupidity! :)

KSBisonFan
12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
DeShawn hoping to transfer to KU eventually.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/12/04/deshawn-dinwiddie-wants-to-transfer-to-ku/

devin45k
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
So did Grant Olson

I guess I will not give up on him yet.

BisonNation11
12-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by devin45k

How do you know it's not by design that he is in a certain position? And besides, when he is on D, all I'm looking for right now is that he doesn't get lit up by a block. After a full off season I think he will be up to par and ready to play on a more regular basis.

devin45k
12-05-2012, 07:52 PM
How do you know it's not by design that he is in a certain position? And besides, when he is on D, all I'm looking for right now is that he doesn't get lit up by a block. After a full off season I think he will be up to par and ready to play on a more regular basis.

Meh, I will hope it improves. I am sure a year under his belt will help.

Kermit
12-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Bohl raved about his development a couple of weeks ago on Bison Feedback. He said we haven't had a chance to see it on the field yet, but we will.

devin45k
12-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Bohl raved about his development a couple of weeks ago on Bison Feedback. He said we haven't had a chance to see it on the field yet, but we will.

Dang. I missed that

westnodak93bison
12-05-2012, 11:07 PM
The home sick excuse is annoying. I was so glad to get out of high school, the parents house and into the real world.

BlueBisonRock
12-06-2012, 12:20 AM
The home sick excuse is annoying. I was so glad to get out of high school, the parents house and into the real world.

And from a parents point of view.... I can not agree enough!

HerdBot
12-06-2012, 01:23 AM

i had a countdown... couldn't wait to get out! Whats up with all the mamas boys?

ndsubisonx
12-06-2012, 06:06 AM
DeShawn hoping to transfer to KU eventually.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/12/04/deshawn-dinwiddie-wants-to-transfer-to-ku/

That makes sense. Better chance at playing time at KU

HerdBot
12-06-2012, 07:23 AM
That makes sense. Better chance at playing time at KU

That sounds funny but it's actually true!

56BISON73
12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
i had a countdown... couldn't wait to get out! Whats up with all the mamas boys?

Bet your parents did too.:biggrin:

Honeybooboo
01-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Sounds like Deshawn transferred to Emporia Stata of the MIAA DII conference

No link to confirm just heard from a good source, maybe it's even already been posted....

SamsRams
01-30-2013, 03:41 AM
This is correct

HerdBot
01-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Sounds like Deshawn transferred to Emporia Stata of the MIAA DII conference

No link to confirm just heard from a good source, maybe it's even already been posted....

Solid D2 program and it's close to home. He should tear it up at a D2 school. Wonder what Devean's plans are?

Jay
01-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Solid D2 program and it's close to home. He should tear it up at a D2 school. Wonder what Devean's plans are?

I thought I had read they are both there but that was a while ago.

KSBisonFan
04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.esuhornets.com/news/2013/4/20/FB_0420130633.aspx

Deveon Dinwiddie returned a kick-off 75 yards for a touchdown during the special team session

Glad to see him doing well. I didn't find any game stats to see how Deshawn did.

SamsRams
11-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Dinwiddies and Emporia St will be taking on UMD in Duluth for the first round of the payoffs this weekend

GOBISON123
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Dinwiddies and Emporia St will be taking on UMD in Duluth for the first round of the payoffs this weekend

Go Emporia !