PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Gophers 12-11-12

Pages : [1] 2

BisonTeacher
11-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I just got tickets today. Anyone else planning on going?

NDSUstudent
12-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Just noticed the Gophers are #14 in the AP poll, NDSU might have two top 10 teams on the schedule this year.

North Side
12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Wish I could go but I have finals that day and then next morning. :(

We never match up well against the gophers and I don't see this season being any different.

Herd
12-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Yes, it was Minnesota, but the Bunnies are really soft in the middle, like cream filled cadbury soft. If the bison can't exploit the inside with Marshall and Kading . . . somethings wrong. Saul, pound it inside to the big guys. LA and Braun . . . to the hole off the dribble. Trey, crash it hard. There is no reason why the bison cannot win the Summit, the keys are defensive play and interior strength.

If I'm coaching the bison vs. the jacks, my keys:

Get Marshall 20 shots
Big lineup with Kading at the 4, control the glass
Get to the hole off the dribble with Braun and LA, don't settle for 3's early on
Play physical on D, Brown the key with Wolters
Guard the parimeter tough

HoopsBison
12-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Yes, it was Minnesota, but the Bunnies are really soft in the middle, like cream filled cadbury soft. If the bison can't exploit the inside with Marshall and Kading . . . somethings wrong. Saul, pound it inside to the big guys. LA and Braun . . . to the hole off the dribble. Trey, crash it hard. There is not reason why the bison cannot win the Summit, the keys are defensive play and interior strength.

The biggest key is Brown and others being able to limit Wolters, if you disrupt or take Wolters away this is what you get from SDSU. Easier said then done but I like our chances.

bisonfan08
12-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Gophers worked the bunnies last night by 24, but Wolters didn't play. Didn't know he was injured but apparently has a bum ankle. Would've been interesting to see how much closer the game would've been if he had played.

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Gophers worked the bunnies last night by 24, but Wolters didn't play. Didn't know he was injured but apparently has a bum ankle. Would've been interesting to see how much closer the game would've been if he had played.

It was 24 points at halftime, and their backup PG who is the "next" PG in Brookings had 7 TO's. Nobody is happy, Nagy's post game was grumpy. He isn't happy with how they are competing, nobody diving on the floor, not practicing well, and unhappy with how the future may look post Wolters. I have been saying that for a while. We went through it with Woodside graduating. Having a point guard with that ability comes around once in a long while. It took us some time to find LA. they didn't look good, and several of their players depend on Wolters to get their shots/looks. I watched the game and am convinced we are better than them. I would take a split with them right now. Ha. He has turned us in knots in the past couple of years, but I think he only has 2 wins against us, even though it feels like they dominate us.

JSUBison
12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
It was 24 points at halftime, and their backup PG who is the "next" PG in Brookings had 7 TO's. Nobody is happy, Nagy's post game was grumpy. He isn't happy with how they are competing, nobody diving on the floor, not practicing well, and unhappy with how the future may look post Wolters. I have been saying that for a while. We went through it with Woodside graduating. Having a point guard with that ability comes around once in a long while. It took us some time to find LA. they didn't look good, and several of their players depend on Wolters to get their shots/looks. I watched the game and am convinced we are better than them. I would take a split with them right now. Ha. He has turned us in knots in the past couple of years, but I think he only has 2 wins against us, even though it feels like they dominate us.

No doubt that Wolters is heads and shoulders above anybody else on SDSU and NDSU's roster. But I think you are right, NDSU has the better team top to bottom. You take away Wolters from SDSU, and they are a lost group. You take away our best player, who most would say is Braun, but I'd argue Bjorkland. So NDSU without Braun or Bjorkland can compete a whole lot better than SDSU can without Nate.

goldenshower
12-05-2012, 04:40 PM

Gophers could have beaten sdsu last night by 40 if wanted to, sdsu is horrible w/o wolters. I think with wolters Minnesota still wins by 20, he is good but the bunnies as a team aren't very good, I expect a healthy ndsu team walks away with the summit

bisonfan08
12-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah I saw they were up 24 at half, which meant Tubby went into coast mode in the 2nd half and got his bench some minutes. Their offense runs through Wolters and without them they aren't much, with a rotation of Brown and Braun defending him this season I like our chances to contain him and we should simply be able to out muscle them on the offensive end. Going into this season I thought it'd be tough for us to beat them, after seeing how complete of a game our team played against UNO (yes I know they are terrible) but 5 players in double figures and an offense that actually moved I don't think there is any doubt we have the better team. It's all gonna come down to staying healthy and being consistent down the stretch. As was shown on another thread Lunardi now has us favored over them to win the Summit and I can see why.

BisonTeacher
12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Gophers could have beaten sdsu last night by 40 if wanted to, sdsu is horrible w/o wolters. I think with wolters Minnesota still wins by 20, he is good but the bunnies as a team aren't very good, I expect a healthy ndsu team walks away with the summit

This statement is assuming that NDSU has a coach that will actually set up a scheme to try and eliminate/reduce wolters effect on the game as opposed to just hoping he has a bad game.

dragonsfan
12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
for the gophers game, if ndsu can have marshall be a beast down low and do not "run" with the gophers there is a chance for a 4-5 point game down the stretch.

BisonTeacher
12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
So again...anyone planning on going to the game? If so let me know where you will be heading before the game.

dragonsfan
12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
i went with my cousin when woodside played at the barn, stub n herbs was filled with ndsu fans as well as sallys.

HoopsBison
12-05-2012, 07:54 PM
This statement is assuming that NDSU has a coach that will actually set up a scheme to try and eliminate/reduce wolters effect on the game as opposed to just hoping he has a bad game.

We do.....

BisonTeacher
12-05-2012, 07:57 PM
We do.....

I hope you are right. Last year we did not. IMO

goldenshower
12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
for the gophers game, if ndsu can have marshall be a beast down low and do not "run" with the gophers there is a chance for a 4-5 point game down the stretch.

minnesota wins by 20, but it wont feel like it, ndsu will hang around in the first half and then trayvonn will start jacking 3's and gophers pull away

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Not a big saul guy...i think minnesota wins...with ease.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

HoopsBison
12-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I dont think we have enough ball handlers to sustain a whole game of pressure the gophers would bring. We certainly would play a lot better defensively against the gophers then sdsu did though. The gophers have a very good team and their deep. Plus Hollins finally gives them that guy that they have been missing as of late.

Id say gophers by 15.

mnriverbison
12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I like Saul, but still think we lose big. I'll be at BWW with a few others.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Saul needs to channel his inner Bo Ryan vs the Gophers....grind it out...grind it out and grind it out some more. Still probably won't be enough because we do lack a second great ball handler but winning ugly is our only chance.

dragonsfan
12-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Saul needs to channel his inner Bo Ryan vs the Gophers....grind it out...grind it out and grind it out some more. Still probably won't be enough because we do lack a second great ball handler but winning ugly is our only chance.

wisconsin will get smoked this year by gophers, so please dont compare.

mnriverbison
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM

I think he's just citing Bo Ryan's tendency to over-perform in the Big Dance by slowing games way down and engaging in a war of attrition against the other team.

But, yeah, it's hard to see that working next week for us because MN doesn't seem to rely on one player we can focus on or hope goes cold.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2012, 09:01 PM

Wisconsin isn't exactly great this year, lost at home to UVA....Bo almost never loses at Kohl. Gasser getting injured was a huge blow to their squad so they'll struggle this year in a very good B1G. With that said winning ugly is our only chance.

And I will compare because whether anyone likes it or not Wisconsin is in our team's DNA. Opposing announcers comment on it all the time.

mnriverbison
12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
And I will compare because whether anyone likes it or not Wisconsin is in our team's DNA. Opposing announcers comment on it all the time.

I don't like it, but I guess I can't argue. Also, Wisconsin may be 5th or 6th in the Big XX this year, but that is a conference where the 5th team in national rankings is currently 14th in the country. Whatever luck the gods have given us with the fortune of major conference football opponents on the future schedule, it sure as heck has taken away with hoops schedule this year.

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't like it, but I guess I can't argue. Also, Wisconsin may be 5th or 6th in the Big XX this year, but that is a conference where the 5th team in national rankings is currently 14th in the country. Whatever luck the gods have given us with the fortune of major conference football opponents on the future schedule, it sure as heck has taken away with hoops schedule this year.

I'm confused, are you saying our hoops schedule is bad luck this year? I think we have the best OOC schedule we've had since we've been D1 and since we haven't beaten Minnesota when they are nowhere close to the top 25, I'd much rather go against them when they are in the top 15. It's great for our RPI and SOS and gives our guys another chance at a top Big10 program. We are going to have to shoot a high percentage and take care of the ball to have a shot, but I'm happy for our guys to get another shot at knocking off a top 25 team.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm confused, are you saying our hoops schedule is bad luck this year? I think we have the best OOC schedule we've had since we've been D1 and since we haven't beaten Minnesota when they are nowhere close to the top 25, I'd much rather go against them when they are in the top 15. It's great for our RPI and SOS and gives our guys another chance at a top Big10 program. We are going to have to shoot a high percentage and take care of the ball to have a shot, but I'm happy for our guys to get another shot at knocking off a top 25 team.

He is saying our football team has been given winnable games vs major conference teams while the basketball team has to go up against some of the best teams in the country.

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 07:36 PM
He is saying our football team has been given winnable games vs major conference teams while the basketball team has to go up against some of the best teams in the country. Ahhh makes more sense. We've had opportunities against major conference teams that we could have pulled out in the past, Florida, ASU, USC, Oregon and weren't able to get those W's either so I guess to me if we are going to play teams from Major conferences I'd rather them be in the top 25 to get our guys experience against those great teams and help our SOS which can in turn help our RPI. I know our RPI doesn't matter a whole lot as far as March is concerned other than for seeding if we make the dance, but it could earn us a better matchup for the bracketbuster game which means a better opponent comes to play us at the BSA.

mnriverbison
12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah, sorry that didn't make sense. NonCon schedules are made so far in advance sometimes that you can't really predict how a potential opponent will be. For example, when we went D1 it looked far more ambitious playing MN in football than in basketball. The hoops team was in sanction jail while the football team was on a run of bowl wins vs Oregon, Alabama, and Arkansas. Ditto Indiana in hoops. They went through a post-Knight funk (for them) and when we finally catch them they are literally the best in the country. Not saying it's good or bad, just an observation. I will say that if we ever had a lights-out season that included playing some top 15 teams tough but tripped in the CCG a strong SOS could help us get an at-large bid I suppose...

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 09:39 PM
At-Large bid just isn't going to happen we can forget about that. We would have to pretty much win out including a win over Minnesota and only lose the Summit League championship for that to happen (if at all). Our conference is just too weak. What I'm hoping for is the RPI boost that can get us a nice Bracketbuster matchup against maybe a better team from the MVC like Drake, UNI, Wichita St or one of the other top teams that compete like Belmont, Murray St, Davidson. Some teams that have been in the tournament so when we get that team at home one of the next two seasons it's a nice OOC home game for us.

HoopsBison
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Do we host a bracket buster game this year?

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Do we host a bracket buster game this year?

No we are away, but whoever we play has to make a return trip either next year or the year after.

Complete list of teams home/away here:
http://espnbracketbusters.com/site/component/content/article?id=15

HoopsBison
12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
No we are away, but whoever we play has to make a return trip either next year or the year after.

Complete list of teams home/away here:
http://espnbracketbusters.com/site/component/content/article?id=15

Thats right we played Western Michigan last year...I assume we will be going there next season?

HoopsBison
12-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Witchita State would be awsome, really any team from the MVC would be cool. Also I know it wont happen but drawing Oral Roberts would be pretty sweet to.

bisonfan08
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Thats right we played Western Michigan last year...I assume we will be going there next season?

Yeah we'll have to make that trip. I did read that the return trip actually has to be in Nov or Dec of the 13-14 season now though the return trip has to be made the following season which I like better.

goldenshower
12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
since im kind of on the ndsu bandwagon i better talk a little trash when you guys come visit Minnesota. can you guys keep the loss from getting 20+? too bad saul refuses to play any zone because the gophers have struggled vs the 2-3 this year. since ndsu is strictly man to man i am thinking this game gets ugly fast. any thoughts?

bisonfan08
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
since im kind of on the ndsu bandwagon i better talk a little trash when you guys come visit Minnesota. can you guys keep the loss from getting 20+? too bad saul refuses to play any zone because the gophers have struggled vs the 2-3 this year. since ndsu is strictly man to man i am thinking this game gets ugly fast. any thoughts?

As long as we don't come out cold I think our defense will keep us close early. If we can shoot a high percentage we could be really competitive in this game. The Gopher's D tends to give us fits though so it could be interesting. Having played the size and strength of Indiana already this season should help them prepare. I think we stay within 15 and could be closer if we can shoot like we did in the first half of the Morehead St. game last week.

mnriverbison
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
As long as we don't come out cold I think our defense will keep us close early. If we can shoot a high percentage we could be really competitive in this game. The Gopher's D tends to give us fits though so it could be interesting. Having played the size and strength of Indiana already this season should help them prepare. I think we stay within 15 and could be closer if we can shoot like we did in the first half of the Morehead St. game last week.

Seems like the hot shooting could go either way. It (obviously) matters more for us to be hot shooters, but if they go hot at any time it won't be close.

Also-Goldenshower, have we won you over???? I don't follow the boards as much now that I have to do actual work at my job.

goldenshower
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM

pretty fair assesment, i think you guys keep it close in the first half 5-8 but our guards and ball pressure wear you guys out and win by 16-18. i think we will be extremely aggressive against you guys because who knows what will happen during big ten play and you guys have a solid rpi for a mid major and we need all the top 100 rpi wins as possible

imabison
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I just got tickets today. Anyone else planning on going?

Sorry if this is a dupe but the NDSU vs Gophers is listed on the Big 10 channel for Tuesday evening live

NDSUstudent
12-10-2012, 04:48 PM

NDSU's sagging man defense is pretty good. I think the Bison will keep it under 20 we have a good front court, good length and athleticism for a mid-major team. We are better than last year but so are the Gophers but if Felt and Braun are on we could make things interesting for a while.

BisonTeacher
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
NDSU's sagging man defense is pretty good. I think the Bison will keep it under 20 we have a good front court, good length and athleticism for a mid-major team. We are better than last year but so are the Gophers but if Felt and Braun are on we could make things interesting for a while.

If I am remember right the gophs pressured LA alot when he brought the ball up the court...and we didnt do much to help him. Lets hope we figure that out this year.

NDSUstudent
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
If I am remember right the gophs pressured LA alot when he brought the ball up the court...and we didnt do much to help him. Lets hope we figure that out this year.

Yes Braun is going to need to help out and handle the ball a bit and we'll need a few decent minutes from Zastrow to give LA a rest. That said it is nice to have played two teams that press a lot, especially Morehead State.

BisonTeacher
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes Braun is going to need to help out and handle the ball a bit and we'll need a few decent minutes from Zastrow to give LA a rest. That said it is nice to have played two teams that press a lot, especially Morehead State.

not really what I meant...I meant we better have a plan to set some screens, or have someone stay back and help instead of the other 4 guys heading down to the other end of the court and leaving the ball handler to fend for himself.

bisonfan08
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM

Both points will be needed. We will need more than one guy to handle the ball against the press and the experience of doing so against Morehead St. should give them something to work off of. We definitely need to have a screen or two set to help LA out as well, while I also feel very comfortable with him handling the ball under pressure, if he has to fight his way up the court for 40 minutes he will get too tired. It'll help a little bit that he only logged 28 minutes yesterday which is about 7 less than average for him so he should be a little fresher. Really hoping for a good showing.

NDSUstudent
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
not really what I meant...I meant we better have a plan to set some screens, or have someone stay back and help instead of the other 4 guys heading down to the other end of the court and leaving the ball handler to fend for himself.

I think we'll be much more prepared to go against the press this year, I don't think we really even played a team that really applied pressure until MN last year and this year we played a team that is insane in how they pressure the ball constantly.

My concern vs MN is always getting quality shots, sometimes it has been a struggle to say the least. Our bigs can do what they want vs the likes of UND and Morehead State but things will be much tougher vs MN.

NDSUstudent
12-10-2012, 06:38 PM
The Gophers are #13 in the AP poll and #16 in the Coaches Poll

goldenshower
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I think we'll be much more prepared to go against the press this year, I don't think we really even played a team that really applied pressure until MN last year and this year we played a team that is insane in how they pressure the ball constantly.

My concern vs MN is always getting quality shots, sometimes it has been a struggle to say the least. Our bigs can do what they want vs the likes of UND and Morehead State but things will be much tougher vs MN.

im asking a serious question, who was the team that was insane with ball pressure? if you are talking about indiana im actually surprised because i havent seen indiana give much ball pressure, they play good team defense but they havent been a team that is scarey when it comes to defense imo

EndZoneQB
12-10-2012, 06:49 PM
im asking a serious question, who was the team that was insane with ball pressure? if you are talking about indiana im actually surprised because i havent seen indiana give much ball pressure, they play good team defense but they havent been a team that is scarey when it comes to defense imo

Morehead State.

goldenshower
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Morehead State.

thank you endzone

imabison
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Both points will be needed. We will need more than one guy to handle the ball against the press and the experience of doing so against Morehead St. should give them something to work off of. We definitely need to have a screen or two set to help LA out as well, while I also feel very comfortable with him handling the ball under pressure, if he has to fight his way up the court for 40 minutes he will get too tired. It'll help a little bit that he only logged 28 minutes yesterday which is about 7 less than average for him so he should be a little fresher. Really hoping for a good showing.

Did anyone watch how many fouls that were called against UND for illegal screens on Sunday?? You do realize that the rules for screen changed dramatically several years ago that will
be an instant foul if the person setting the screen rolls out in a fashion that interferes further with the defender. There may be a reason why it "appears NDSU" is setting such poor screens
they are not a real screen and they do not get illegal screen fouls if they accidentally contact the defender going behind.

Thats just a possible observation about what people seem to be complaining about.

I was told of this by a huge Duke fan a couple years ago and how it changes the game alot.

Gully
12-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I just can't see us winning this game and I'll even be surprised if it's close.

First of all, it's very tough to win on the road against a big ten team. Second, if we are having a good game they start the "press" which was basically repeatedly fouling our PG as he dribbled up the floor. All year long, these are fouls but for some reason not called in the barn. I'm not saying we would have won, but we were waaaaay ahead in the first half last year and then Tubby called a timeout and changed the pressure. Good move by him obviously but I thought they were fouling. Again, I'm not saying we would have won as I'm sure the depth and athleticism would have shown itself anyway, it's just frustrating that the rules seem to change there. Third, I think the Gophers have the best team that I can remember them having in a long time.

On a more positive note, I do think we can beat SDSU. We're a much better team this year and if we can learn to defend the high pick and roll so we don't have our 5 guarding Wolters 22 feet from the basket we can win. Brown needs to get physical with Wolters and make him earn the points.

BisonTeacher
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM

First of all, it's very tough to win on the road against a big ten team. Second, if we are having a good game they start the "press" which was basically repeatedly fouling our PG as he dribbled up the floor. All year long, these are fouls but for some reason not called in the barn. I'm not saying we would have won, but we were waaaaay ahead in the first half last year and then Tubby called a timeout and changed the pressure. Good move by him obviously but I thought they were fouling. Again, I'm not saying we would have won as I'm sure the depth and athleticism would have shown itself anyway, it's just frustrating that the rules seem to change there. Third, I think the Gophers have the best team that I can remember them having in a long time.

On a more positive note, I do think we can beat SDSU. We're a much better team this year and if we can learn to defend the high pick and roll so we don't have our 5 guarding Wolters 22 feet from the basket we can win. Brown needs to get physical with Wolters and make him earn the points.

Hey #negativenancy Are you going tonight...or watching from home?

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 12:59 PM

i enjoy these comments, how ndsu was basically screwed in some type of big ten consppiracy. big ten imo is quite a bit more physical than the majority of conferences, i hate when we play acc teams and if you touch one of their guards or give them a dirty look its a foul. after about 5 min of play teams know what they can get away with and if the teams dont adjust its their own fault...not the officials

EndZoneQB
12-11-2012, 01:45 PM
i enjoy these comments, how ndsu was basically screwed in some type of big ten consppiracy. big ten imo is quite a bit more physical than the majority of conferences, i hate when we play acc teams and if you touch one of their guards or give them a dirty look its a foul. after about 5 min of play teams know what they can get away with and if the teams dont adjust its their own fault...not the officials

Yep, adjusting to officials is as much a part of the game as adjusting to your opponent. You are also right about the B1G being a physical basketball conference.

Gully
12-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey #negativenancy Are you going tonight...or watching from home?

Watching at home.

Herd
12-11-2012, 01:51 PM
The refs for UND game called it like high school girls BB, with whistles blowing all the time, on every small bump. That is not a fun game to watch. Against MN, whistles will not blow, especially for NDSU, it will be completely different. There is data point after data point that proves this when NDSU has played at MN. OOC game with a smaller school going into MN, you get zero respect from the refs, and Tubby basically has them in his back pocket. That's what I have seen in attending every Bison game at the barn.

Gully
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Come on man, I went out of my way to say that they wouldn't have necessarily won anyway and I certainly didn't mention conspiracy.

You are basically agreeing with me that the game is called inconsistently with your comment about the ACC. That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not aware of a different rule book for the ACC, Big Ten, and Summit League. Besides, the NDSU vs. Gopher game isn't a big ten game anyway, it's an NCAA game.

Of course teams need to adjust but how do you adjust to getting pushed and having that cause a travel?

BisonTeacher
12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Come on man, I went out of my way to say that they wouldn't have necessarily won anyway and I certainly didn't mention conspiracy.

You are basically agreeing with me that the game is called inconsistently with your comment about the ACC. That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not aware of a different rule book for the ACC, Big Ten, and Summit League. Besides, the NDSU vs. Gopher game isn't a big ten game anyway, it's an NCAA game.

Of course teams need to adjust but how do you adjust to getting pushed and having that cause a travel?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29153810.jpg

mnriverbison
12-11-2012, 03:06 PM

I don't remember a specific incident and I'm not denying that it happened, but this sounds like a bit of a stretch. Cheating refs notwithstanding, if we lose it will be because they have better players and a better coach. The same reason we lost last time. Not saying we for sure lose, but if we play 100 times I can't see us getting more than 10 wins. It needs to be a night where all of our shots are falling and theirs aren't. That is our key to victory. No rocket science involved, just has to be our night. The good news is that the barn won't have great atmosphere with the double whammy of a mid-major opponent and I assume finals week. So we have that going for us.

westnodak93bison
12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
It is about time a Saul led post Woody team puts up a serious fight against a solid big ten team.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM

I never said that the conspiracy that screwed ndsu over would have led to a win. The rule books are the same but each conference officiated different. My best examples are acc vs big ten. Acc doesn't like guards getting touched at all and call quite a bit of touch fouls on the perimeter IMO. Big ten is more willin to let the bigs play and I think the home team bigs usually get the majority of the calls. Neither is really right, but its up to the players to change their playing style according to how it's officiated.

I just hope both teams play great and no one gets injured. Good luck to tonight and hopefully u guys win the summit

HoopsBison
12-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Lost by 5 last year and obviously this years Minnesota team is much better then last years team. However I guess the same can be said about us. I love our length and athleticism but today we will be outmatched in that aspect. We need to be hitting our shots and play sound and solid defense, make them hit the long shots and hope they are off tonight. We have never played well at the Barn.

When its all said and done I think the gophers win 58-70.

Go Bison

NDSUstudent
12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
There was one year when the refs flat out homered us, there was even an article in the StarTrib about it but usually most of it has to do with adjusting to a different style of play. Summit League refs call a lot of fouls.

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
There was one year when the refs flat out homered us, there was even an article in the StarTrib about it but usually most of it has to do with adjusting to a different style of play. Summit League refs call a lot of fouls.

Didn't know we played ndsu last year...must not have been on tv

CAS4127
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Didn't know we played ndsu last year...must not have been on tv

How's the prep for your "FB" team for the Frozen Yogurt Bowl going?!?!

Ya, you will beat us tonight, we know that!! Actually kinda nice to see the goofs are actually competitive at something.

HoopsBison
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM

Ya, you will beat us tonight, we know that!! Actually kinda nice to see the goofs are actually competitive at something.

It is refreshing that they aren't loserville USA anymore...but then again they could easily screw that up.

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 06:56 PM

Ya, you will beat us tonight, we know that!! Actually kinda nice to see the goofs are actually competitive at something. lol that's right, we, "the goofs" are bad at football so that means we are bad at everything...lol thanks for that

EndZoneQB
12-11-2012, 06:57 PM
lol that's right, we, "the goofs" are bad at football so that means we are bad at everything...lol thanks for that

Umm, you're pretty bad at basketball too, save for a run in the B1G tourney like 29183048203948 years ago now. Ok, in all fairness, it was 2 years ago.

CAS4127
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
lol that's right, we, "the goofs" are bad at football so that means we are bad at everything...lol thanks for that

Nice Final Four run you had there with Clem more than a decade ago. . . oh, wait, that's not on the books anymore is it??!! Sorry!!

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice Final Four run you had there with Clem more than a decade ago. . . oh, wait, that's not on the books anymore is it??!! Sorry!!

Lol still happened

mnriverbison
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
It is refreshing that they aren't loserville USA anymore...but then again they could easily screw that up.

Funny thing is U of M is good at what they put their priorities on, it's just that the priority was on non-rev sports during the Joe Maturi era. It will be interesting to see if the new AD puts a focus on Rev sports and if there is a change how that effects NDSU. With the football success at literally every other NCAA level in this region you have to believe that the area is under-recruited by FBS schools. Even in hoops NDSU had a cool run and I believe Winona State won the D2 championship a few years ago. We know more than anyone that there is a ton of potential in the region. I just wonder if a renewed focus in Dinkytown helps or hurts the Bison.

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Funny thing is U of M is good at what they put their priorities on, it's just that the priority was on non-rev sports during the Joe Maturi era. It will be interesting to see if the new AD puts a focus on Rev sports and if there is a change how that effects NDSU. With the football success at literally every other NCAA level in this region you have to believe that the area is under-recruited by FBS schools. Even in hoops NDSU had a cool run and I believe Winona State won the D2 championship a few years ago. We know more than anyone that there is a ton of potential in the region. I just wonder if a renewed focus in Dinkytown helps or hurts the Bison.

this is my reality, fml lol

Kermit
12-11-2012, 08:01 PM

Minnesota's football program will be limited to 85 scholarships. NDSU has never successfully recruited players who have Big Ten offers. If Minnesota improves their program, presumably they will have more legit Big Ten athletes and fewer borderline FBS/FCS players. That could actually help the Bison. The only way success at Minnesota threatens NDSU's program is if they develop a wildly successful Nebraska-type walk-on program. Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

goldenshower
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Minnesota's football program will be limited to 85 scholarships. NDSU has never successfully recruited players who have Big Ten offers. If Minnesota improves their program, presumably they will have more legit Big Ten athletes and fewer borderline FBS/FCS players. That could actually help the Bison. The only way success at Minnesota threatens NDSU's program is if they develop a wildly successful Nebraska-type walk-on program. Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

wont EVER happen! too much money for kids to take advantage of within minnesota. why pay the money to go the U when you can get a schollie at ndsu or sdsu, or a partial at winona or umd? no more posts from me, good luck tonight, hoping for no injuries!

56BISON73
12-11-2012, 08:11 PM
wont EVER happen! too much money for kids to take advantage of within minnesota. why pay the money to go the U when you can get a schollie at ndsu or sdsu, or a partial at winona or umd? no more posts from me, good luck tonight, hoping for no injuries!

Actually you are wrong. If MN can put a good product on the field and be successful, over time kids will want to play for the goofs. When there is that desire then a big walk on program is feasible.

EndZoneQB
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM

I agree 100% and think you actually copied and pasted my previous post on the subject ;)

Hansel
12-11-2012, 08:16 PM
game is currently listed on Firstrowsports

Kermit
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree 100% and think you actually copied and pasted my previous post on the subject ;)

I am just trying to absorb all of your wisdom. :D

imabison
12-11-2012, 08:50 PM
game is currently listed on Firstrowsports

The game is on 610 Direct TV, and for those working or otherwise detained I saw it was the guide as replaying over night not sure of the time, and i think around 9:00-9:30 AM tomorrow morning also.

mnriverbison
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Do the Huskers get kids with scholly offers elsewhere to walk-on?

Anyway, trying to no think about football for a minute, this is a good team and we'll need the stars to align for a W. I'll be with a group of 4 Bison fans and mixed crowd of MN and undeclared folks at Sally's from about 630 on. Feel free to stop by and say hi.

EndZoneQB
12-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Do the Huskers get kids with scholly offers elsewhere to walk-on?

Yes. A lot of kids wait for the chance at a PWO.

westnodak93bison
12-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Just checked the line on Betus.com. Goophers by 14.5. Saul doesn't have the Miles/Bohl ability the get is kids to play to their potential in big games imho. Not saying he cant develop "it". I hope he does.

02Bison
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Where would be the best place to watch this game in Fargo since it is only on BTN.com from what I've heard?

Gully
12-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I never said that the conspiracy that screwed ndsu over would have led to a win. The rule books are the same but each conference officiated different. My best examples are acc vs big ten. Acc doesn't like guards getting touched at all and call quite a bit of touch fouls on the perimeter IMO. Big ten is more willin to let the bigs play and I think the home team bigs usually get the majority of the calls. Neither is really right, but its up to the players to change their playing style according to how it's officiated.

I just hope both teams play great and no one gets injured. Good luck to tonight and hopefully u guys win the summit

Sounds like we agree for the most part, other than your alleged conspiracy :)

Gully
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Where would be the best place to watch this game in Fargo since it is only on BTN.com from what I've heard?

I'm pretty sure it's on BTN, not just BTN.com.

Bison03
12-11-2012, 10:59 PM

It is on Big Ten Network. Cable One channel 329 at 8:00.

HerdBot
12-11-2012, 11:56 PM

it seems like we have been getting less Minneapolis area players if you look at the upcoming class and the last 2. Instead of loading up on guys like Grant Olson, Littlejohn, Gimmestad, Jirik, Perry, Turner, Williams, Taylor Nelson, Vraa, and Crockett- (those 11 guys all in 2 years all major contributers to Championship) we're going into other areas like Arizona, Iowa, and Kansas. Are we just losing recruiting battles or are we just thinking we will find better players elsewhere? Is the talent level down? Who have we gotten lately? The last 3 classes are Pierce, Ziemer, Zack Johnson, CJ Smith, and Colville? All really good players but less volume. (5 in 3 years) Not sure I like it. Time will tell. But I do really like the Arizona players (mega talented).. Iowa and Kansas hasn't produced much except for a ton of attrition. im sure I missed a few. We got veldman too but he left. Jerve and Wahlo. Minneapolis is close to home. Other area's are not and lead to attrition

EndZoneQB
12-12-2012, 12:37 AM
it seems like we have been getting less Minneapolis area players if you look at the upcoming class and the last 2. Instead of loading up on guys like Grant Olson, Littlejohn, Gimmestad, Jirik, Perry, Turner, Williams, Taylor Nelson, Vraa, and Crockett- (those 11 guys all in 2 years all major contributers to Championship) we're going into other areas like Arizona, Iowa, and Kansas. Are we just losing recruiting battles or are we just thinking we will find better players elsewhere? Is the talent level down? Who have we gotten lately? The last 3 classes are Pierce, Ziemer, Zack Johnson, CJ Smith, and Colville? All really good players but less volume. (5 in 3 years) Not sure I like it. Time will tell. But I do really like the Arizona players (mega talented).. Iowa and Kansas hasn't produced much except for a ton of attrition. im sure I missed a few. We got veldman too but he left. Jerve and Wahlo. Minneapolis is close to home. Other area's are not and lead to attrition

I haven't been following it really closely lately, but I think Minnesota is down depth-wise. That said, I think Bohl recruits where he thinks he can find the players he needs. He's got a good blueprint...and if you notice, he recruits a lot of kids out of their normal positon. Dudzik was a QB, Littlejohn was a safety, etc...but I'm sure he's also spreading his wings due to our national title, this seasons success...

Bison03
12-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Meanwhile......back to basketball. The Gophers are really good. Only loss is to undefeated Duke. If we can stay within 15 points, that would impress me. We are better then last year but the result will be the same.

Bison: 50
Rodents 75

DIBISON
12-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Watching the pregame on BTN, channel 610 DirecTV.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2012, 12:56 AM
good luck bison bball fans...i think youll need more than luck tho

JSUBison
12-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Correct pronunciation of Bison. Things are looking good so far. :biggrin:

KilldeerBison
12-12-2012, 01:03 AM
On channel 439 Dish, BTN. GO BISON!!

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 01:08 AM
first row having no luck for me

b15on
12-12-2012, 01:12 AM
first row having no luck for me

First Row's up for me just now!

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Have they called even one foul on the Gophers yet? Their big guy could have been called for over the back a couple of times.

b15on
12-12-2012, 01:16 AM
15:03 left 9-6 Bison!

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 01:17 AM
ditto! 10 char

HoopsBison
Tray is really struggling right now, Bison up 3 after first media time out.

DIBISON
bison up 9-6 at first media timeout.

Bisonguy
Cableone Ch. 329!!!

westriver bison
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM
633 on midco

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Gophers playing really good d the last couple of trips.

North Side
12-12-2012, 01:23 AM
The gophers are pretty cold, but wow we are playing well!!

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Shoot the three Felt, you have no chance driving and going at the rim!!!!!!!!!!!! Cmon Man

DIBISON
12-12-2012, 01:25 AM
too many fouls and to's.

Mr. Burgundy
12-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Clean this up. Too many turnovers. We aren't playing that great. We belong. Shorten the game. Marshall is dominating

Burnt_Secondary
12-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Shoot the three Felt, you have no chance driving and going at the rim!!!!!!!!!!!! Cmon Man

I'd really like to see him develop a nice pull up or floater. The dangerous thing about a floater though is players tend to rely on it too much.

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:28 AM
my god, I wish they'd show the foul count.....has to be like 6-0. Trevor M. with a clear elbow...no call.

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:32 AM
well I'll be....the whistles do work on that end. 9:06 remaining in half and we have a foul.

Mr. Burgundy
Tons of turnovers and gophers getting every offensive rebound they want

Tatanka
Let the homering begin.

Turrible. Even the announcers thought Marshall got fouled

bluebison35
Jordan Aaberg hurt?? sorry if this has been brought up before. Haven't noticed him on the bench.

DIBISON
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM
gophers in the bonus with over 11 minutes to go in the half.

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM
my god, I wish they'd show the foul count.....has to be like 6-0. Trevor M. with a clear elbow...no call.

Its 7-3......

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 01:34 AM

Its 7-3......

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:34 AM
how do you box a guy out....he jumps and reaches over you and somehow it's a foul on you?

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Its 7-3......

thanks.......

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Terrible line-up right now, not sure what Saul is thinking.

Gully
we're getting sloppy now...need to get LA back in. not getting blown out though.

EndZoneQB
Clean this up. Too many turnovers. We aren't playing that great. We belong. Shorten the game. Marshall is dominating

We need to keep Marshall and Braun going...those 2 are going to be the key.

gotts
how do you box a guy out....he jumps and reaches over you and somehow it's a foul on you?

No shit. Mbakwe almost on the same level as OJ with what he can get away with.

aces1180
No shit. Mbakwe almost on the same level as OJ with what he can get away with.

He screams during every shot he takes too...

heckler
12-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Pull the ball down and quit picking up the dam dribble.

HoopsBison
Jordan Aaberg hurt?? sorry if this has been brought up before. Haven't noticed him on the bench.

He has a bad back and still getting in game shape, might be able to give a few mins in spurts.

Tatanka
No shit. Mbakwe almost on the same level as OJ with what he can get away with.and he has the gall to glare at the refs when he throws up a wild ass shot and fails.

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Turns out we are good enough to stay on the court with them or are the Gophers just not playing well?

HoopsBison
Turns out we are good enough to stay on the court with them or are the Gophers just not playing well?

Were not playing well at all. So that might tell you something.

tcbison
Hate to say it but we see this every year at the Barn. Bison hanging tough though. Like how aggressive Braun is playing.

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:39 AM
LA looks like he belongs out there.

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:40 AM
LA looks like he belongs out there.

I spoke too soon!

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Wow that was pretty sweet dunk.

Gully
12-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Hate to say it but we see this every year at the Barn. Bison hanging tough though. Like how aggressive Braun is playing.

don't say that to goldenshower!

gotts
12-12-2012, 01:44 AM
There's not much not to love with Bjorklund's play tonight.

Smart, gritty play. Money!

bluebison35
12-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Anyone notice the guy in the grey NDSU pullover behind the bison bench. Whenever they show Saul you see him. Is that Andy North? Andy North is a PGA commentator.

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 01:46 AM
dumb shot by braun on that three he shot from the suburbs, thank God it went in.

tjbison
12-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Boys are doing good, a few bad passes away from being up several points...can they keep it close for a push down the stretch?

Trim
12-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Anyone notice the guy in the grey NDSU pullover behind the bison bench. Whenever they show Saul you see him. Is that Andy North? Andy North is a PGA commentator.

Probably. Andy has been at the BSA.

HerdBot
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM
last 3 minutes of the half will determine the game .... down 5 let's see how we finish half

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2012, 01:52 AM
mbakwe's starting to goto beast mode

ThunderDan
12-12-2012, 01:52 AM
And there's your ball game folks

gotts
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Nice missed goaltend.

Wally
Terrible finish.

Gully
Gophers hitting some tough 3's and Braun takes two bad shots to end the half. Too bad, they had played a great half until the last minutes.

b15on
37-26 at the half. Gophers up.

MNLonghorn10
yikes.........

Jay
last 3 minutes of the half will determine the game .... down 5 let's see how we finish half

They get two 3's and a dunk... we take a tough runner and miss a bunny. Nice.

344Johnson
disgusting last minute or so. good Lord. The one thing that they couldnt let happen...

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Too many second chances and turnovers...really frustrating way to finish the half.

Burnt_Secondary
How can you not prepare your team for that ending. You are on the road, you have all your timeouts, how did you not see this happening and use your timeouts!!!!!!

1998braves64
Jeeze they were only down by 3 with a 1:30 to go when I started now they're down by 11?!

KTF
12-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Gophers are as advertised...

HerdBot

finish with 8-0 run down 11 :facepalm:

BisonTeacher
Horrible end to the half. 2 drives by braun with circus shots. God i hate that. 37-26 gophs. We were only down by 3 with 2 min left. @ gully Fouls were 8-7 gophs had 8.

Jay
At least we'll be on the #SCTop10 with Rodney's dunk

ThunderDan
12-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Gophers hitting some tough 3's and Braun takes two bad shots to end the half. Too bad, they had played a great half until the last minutes.

Can't rebound, can't throw an entry pass, can't inbound the ball, turnovers in the back court....wow if that's a great half than I've seen great JR High girls games before.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 01:57 AM
How can you not prepare your team for that ending. You are on the road, you have all your timeouts, how did you not see this happening and use your timeouts!!!!!!

See your doing what you do best...keep it up

b15on
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A94fZGYCEAArUZp.jpg:large

Mr. Burgundy
After they missed the goaltending call I knew they would make a 3 to end the half. We played a poor half.

silkamilkamonico
Really good half.

Gophers have some players who are just making plays.

Gophers first shot defense is really good.

Need to fix the rebounding woes. I feel like that's the only thing we can really control on defense at this point.

GradBison
12-12-2012, 01:58 AM
At least we'll be on the #SCTop10 with Rodney's dunk

Looked like he landed funny on that showboat.

NDSUstudent
12-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Needed to call timeout to settle the team down there. That said MN is top 15 for a reason.

Sent from my MB886

HoopsBison
Can't rebound, can't throw an entry pass, can't inbound the ball, turnovers in the back court....wow if that's a great half than I've seen great JR High girls games before.

We didnt play very good, esp Tray and Felt have done absolutely nothing. LA, Marshall and Braun have had some nice moments but thats about it. With our pg situation were going turnover the ball some but were giving a ton of second chances points its killing us.

gotts
Overall, not impressed with Bison play.

More importantly, how does it take a run at the end of the half to get up by 11 for the Gophers when you have 10 offensive rebounds and your opponent has 11 turnovers? Not really what a top 15 team should be doing.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM
After they missed the goaltending call I knew they would make a 3 to end the half. We played a poor half.

This, if you think we played, your wrong.

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM

this indicates that possibly feeding marshall is a good idea?

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:01 AM
We didnt play very good, esp Tray and Felt have done absolutely nothing. LA, Marshall and Braun have had some nice moments but thats about it. With our pg situation were going turnover the ball some but were giving a ton of second chances points its killing us.

Felt isn't going to do much of anything against a team like the Gophers. They are too athletic and not going to just let him shoot.

Tray bothers me on offense. The ball sticks every time he touches it.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:02 AM

Case in point look at Wrights and Felts stat line....not good.

Gully
12-12-2012, 02:02 AM

They did play really good defense for the most part and were down 3 late....just didn't finish it.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Felt isn't going to do much of anything against a team like the Gophers. They are too athletic and not going to just let him shoot.

Tray bothers me on offense. The ball sticks every time he touches it.

Thats right, he only had 11 against Indiana but they arent very athletic...my bad.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Thats right, he only had 11 against Indiana but they arent very athletic...my bad.

He must have been hitting his shots that game, because the fact is with Michael Felt, if he doesn't hit his shots, he brings nothing to the table.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:05 AM
He must have been hitting his shots that game, because the fact is with Michael Felt, if he doesn't hit his shots, he brings nothing to the table.

Well when hes hitting shots he significantly helps the inside game but yeah he is a shooter, thats why hes on this team.

westriver bison
12-12-2012, 02:06 AM
We get the ball first in the second half, go down and score a touchdown and we're right back in it.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Well when hes hitting shots he significantly helps the inside game but yeah he is a shooter, thats why hes on this team.

He has to hit, especially in a game like this, or he shouldn't be playing. Just my opinion.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Lets clean up a few things and play a competitive half.

gotts
Need an extra-heavy dose of Bjorklund on offense in second half. Gophers defenders getting beat by his footwork, badly. Draw some more fouls, open up the perimeter some more. Just got to find a way to get him the ball without turning it over!

BisonTeacher

Not true. Felt is running in circles.

HoopsBison
He has to hit, especially in a game like this, or he shouldn't be playing. Just my opinion.

Agree with that.

VanClubPres
12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Needed to call timeout to settle the team down there. That said MN is top 15 for a reason.

Sent from my MB886

This. I am an f*ing wrestler and I saw you should call a time out there to slow things down.

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Lets play football! Clap clap clap clap clap

Gully
12-12-2012, 02:12 AM
I must admit they've actually started calling some fouls on the Gophers.

gotts
12-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Bjorklund absolutely working Eliason, followed by a TO on the post entry... lets get scoring!

Gully
Braun throwing up circus shots and then compounds it by making a stupid foul.

ThunderDan
How many turnovers do we have on entry passes. Good Lord!

BisonTeacher
The lazy spin pass into the post is working well. We should keep doing it. /purple

heckler
12-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Gophers #55 is a little bitch.

Burnt_Secondary
Lets clean up a few things and play a competitive half.

Like know when to call a timeout and where you are playing and that your team is lucky to be down three at the half. Inform the team to slow it down to end the half.

Basketball 101.

gotts

Add to that Mbakwe with the flop on the Braun reaching foul.

EndZoneQB
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
We need to make a run ASAP. The Gophers will make a run again at some point and we need to keep it closer than this to have a chance at the end.

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Mbakwe with a great post move? I was always under the impression that the defender was entitled to his own space?

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Like know when to call a timeout and where you are playing and that your team is lucky to be down three at the half. Inform the team to slow it down to end the half.

Basketball 101.

Just saying go back and look at your posts, they are all negative and when we arent playing well. You are a Saul Hater through and through. Not saying its not warranted at times but these are the only times we see you post...

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Eliason is the new wave Colton Iverson/Ralph sampson

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Mbakwe with a great post move? I was always under the impression that the defender was entitled to his own space?

He was...our defender just sat there while mbakwe went around him

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Just saying go back and look at your posts, they are all negative and when we arent playing well. You are a Saul Hater through and through. Not saying its not warranted at times but these are the only times we see you post...

He's a Texas Longhorn fan, he hasn't seen good basketball since forever.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2012, 02:21 AM
williams and mbakwe are match up nightmares for NDSU's forwards...

BisoninNWMN
12-12-2012, 02:23 AM
What's the score?

aces1180
He's a Texas Longhorn fan, he hasn't seen good basketball since forever.

Um, Kevin Durant?

DjKyRo
Offensive rebounds 12-5 in favor of Minnesota. Ouch.

tjbison
12-12-2012, 02:24 AM
What's the score?

47-32 goofs

Burnt_Secondary
12-12-2012, 02:24 AM

I'm not a rah rah rah guy. Never have been. You want a complement, our defense is ok . . . not great but ok and improved from last year.

I want better from this team. We have more talent than we deserve with our dumpy facilities and if we don't win now its not going to happen any time soon. There are plenty of other posters that will gush compliments, some deserved some not. I only give compliments when they are well deserved. Drank the koolaid early last year, not falling for that again.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Um, Kevin Durant?

Kevin Durant's not walking through the door to save that program.

gotts
Am I reading correctly that Mbakwe is almost 24 years old?

tjbison
Wtf is with Braun and his horshit wimpy shots?

EndZoneQB
We need to make a run ASAP. The Gophers will make a run again at some point and we need to keep it closer than this to have a chance at the end.

Like I said...

westriver bison
Saul called a timeout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aces1180
12-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Kevin Durant's not walking through the door to save that program.

A few years ago is not forever...Just sayin'...and I could care less about Texas basketball.

1998braves64
Am I reading correctly that Mbakwe is almost 24 years old?

He is in his 6th year so yeah probably.

VanClubPres

Huzzzzzzaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

silkamilkamonico
I'm not a rah rah rah guy. Never have been. You want a complement, our defence is ok . . . not great but ok and improved from last year.

I want better from this team. We have more talent than we deserve with our dumpy facilities and if we don't win now its not going to happen any time soon. There are plenty of other posters that will gush compliments, some deserved some not. I only give compliments when they are well deserved. Drank the koolaid early last year, not falling for that again.

You sound like me with the football team. It's NC or bust every year for them, and their regular season home losses certainly don't make things interesting.

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 02:27 AM
I certainly am aware of the fact that the Gophers are a better team than NDSU, I would like to see the officiating if the teams played with neutral refs who had no idea which team was which.

Bison are looking disinterested now.

Burnt_Secondary
12-12-2012, 02:27 AM

Would be better to call them when the momentum is changing not when momentum is established.

aces1180
12-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Mbakwe is good, don't get me wrong...But seriously, what's with the screams after every shot?

1998braves64
12-12-2012, 02:28 AM
holy flop!

gotts
12-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Gophs bigs just eating us alive right now.

heckler
12-12-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm not a rah rah rah guy. Never have been. You want a complement, our defense is ok . . . not great but ok and improved from last year.

Give us the duckies and bunnies! We need to compare ourselves to und not minnesota.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:30 AM
A few years ago is not forever...Just sayin'...and I could care less about Texas basketball.

Texas lost in the second round of the tournament. Ho hum.

EndZoneQB
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM
Get Felt off the floor.

Texas lost in the second round of the tournament. Ho hum.

DJ Augustin?

TbonZach
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM
Mbakwe is good, don't get me wrong...But seriously, what's with the screams after every shot?

Maybe he used to play women's tennis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_EyGk4J9SE

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Get Felt off the floor.

Agreed. Worthless right now. Circles.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Disappointing effort, we are better then what we have displayed. Minnesota is tough but wish we could played better. Killing ourselves by not boxing out and turnovers.

Finish strong fellas.

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 02:34 AM
We look like last years team. Sad.

Burnt_Secondary
12-12-2012, 02:35 AM
You sound like me with the football team. It's NC or bust every year for them, and their regular season home losses certainly don't make things interesting.

Yeah, I know that isn't really fair but we should be competing for a conference title every year. Win a national tournament game sometime in my life. Sweet 16 some day? Maybe I should be happy we were able to beat UND.

344Johnson
12-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Goodness if Felt could have just hit a couple of these tonight...

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2012, 02:37 AM
mike felt vs any big school defender = ugly

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I know that isn't really fair but we should be competing for a conference title every year. Win a national tournament game sometime in my life. Sweet 16 some day? Maybe I should be happy we were able to beat UND.

The footballl team had a few shitty seasons, also in which if I recall a great portion of fans here wanted Bohl fired.

It's been frustrating, but for our place in the college basketball world, this team is good. They don't have the luxery of playing the likes of Division 1 - AA teams in realm of national competition.

BisonCountry
12-12-2012, 02:39 AM
If Felt hits his normal 3-5 3FG....this is a different game.

minnesotabrew
12-12-2012, 02:41 AM

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle......

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
quit showboating Braun...shoot the effing ball!

BisonTeacher

This statement is ridiculous. Theyve missed shots too.

tjbison

Boy your a genius

344Johnson

And if Minnesota was successful, they'd be Wisconsin right?

Mr. Burgundy
12-12-2012, 02:43 AM
We look like last years team. Sad.

Please stop watching then. If u think this looks like last team. Thanks

gotts
12-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Trollolololol

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:45 AM

Don't even try Mr. B, your not going to get anywhere.

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 02:45 AM

I watch with hope things will improve. Please stop reading if you dont like it. Thanks.

BisonCountry
12-12-2012, 02:46 AM
This statement is ridiculous. Theyve missed shots too.
I realize this...was more of a statement that we need him to be hot to be in these types of games. Unfortunately as MN stated he seems to struggle vs. big school defenders.

HoopsBison
Wright has played so well lately and laid an egg today....need him to come back strong on Saturday!

BisonTeacher
And btw...i cant change the channel...im at the game. :-)

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Of course we dont get the foul call...

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Then they call that...yeah okay.

Gully
I watch with hope things will improve. Please stop reading if you dont like it. Thanks.

I think you watch with hope you find something to bitch about (Vigen, Brock, the Bison bb offense, circles, etc.)

Mr. Burgundy

U are acting like a DB like we are losing to Umkc. We are down a dozen on the road to a good team

1998braves64
12-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Did braun even touch the guy?@

goldenshower
12-12-2012, 02:50 AM
Did braun even touch the guy?@

Yes he did

BisonTeacher
12-12-2012, 02:51 AM
I think you watch with hope you find something to bitch about (Vigen, Brock, the Bison bb offense, circles, etc.)

Yes mr fouls complainer...i watch hoping we do poorly. That makes a lot of sense.

HoopsBison
12-12-2012, 02:51 AM
U are acting like a DB like we are losing to Umkc. We are down a dozen on the road to a good team

This...and we arent even playing well.

Gully
12-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Yes mr fouls complainer...i watch hoping we do poorly. That makes a lot of sense.

I could go quote all of your posts if I wanted to take the time.

Mr. Burgundy
This...and we arent even playing well.

Which is exactly why we are nothing like last years team.

CAS4127
It seems like you guys are all a bit frustrated and taking it out on each other. We kinda knew we weren't gonna win, right. Also, from the posts about foul calling, remember we are playing a big 10 team in their house with their refs--not that it would make a difference however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk