PDA

View Full Version : Kolpack: Bison were in similar playoff setting in 1995

JustinTyem
11-30-2012, 04:46 AM
It caused eyebrows to be raised because it came behind the play. Others called it a cheap shot.Bison head coach Craig Bohl shied away from the topic this week. SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier said it’s not a story
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/381832/

JustinTyem
11-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Great Work Jeff,Great Work !!!!

CaBisonFan
11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Yup

It's a North Dakota State playoff game. That's the story. That's the big deal.

We take care of business and move on.

NDSUdonny
11-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Obviously nobody is gonna say anything to the media about it, but you know its a little extra motivation (like we really need any) for Saturday

Snowgoose
11-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Too bad there are lots of differences between 1995 and this year as we lost the regular season matchup in 1995. But Rocky made an offensive adjustment for the playoff game and put Reggie Scott more in an I formation and and got him the ball early and often and it was over early. Hopefully this time around we have made some adjustments not SDSU.

NorthernBison
11-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Too bad there are lots of differences between 1995 and this year as we lost the regular season matchup in 1995. But Rocky made an offensive adjustment for the playoff game and put Reggie Scott more in an I formation and and got him the ball early and often and it was over early. Hopefully this time around we have made some adjustments not SDSU.

I don't remember another in-game turnaround as big as the one in 1995. UND scored a long TD at the end of the first quarter to make it 10-0 and I thought, "Crap. Here we go again." After that, it was all Bison.

Bison"FANatic"
11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Kolpack just does a great job of writing a article and also bringing in the history and traditions of NDSU. We were all worried that Izzo wouldn't do a good job and would put the Bison on the back burner but he also has done a phenomenal job and their bosses should give them both a raise.

KSBisonFan
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Which one of you guys was the guy who got arrested climbing around on the goalpost?

dragonsfan
11-30-2012, 02:22 PM
2012 has nothing to do with 1995, this is D1 time to quit waxing poetic's.

EndZoneQB
11-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Which one of you guys was the guy who got arrested climbing around on the goalpost?

That would be my father...lol jk.

BraxtonT
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Good article, but Jeff states "The Bison got the Nickel Trophy...." just before EZ's dad
got arrested.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Nickel Trophy was not awarded after the playoff game.

bisonmike2
11-30-2012, 02:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing. He also mentions the nickle being awarded, but as Tbraxton just mentioned, I didn't think they put that up for that game.

T-Funk
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Kolpack just does a great job of writing a article and also bringing in the history and traditions of NDSU. We were all worried that Izzo wouldn't do a good job and would put the Bison on the back burner but he also has done a phenomenal job and their bosses should give them both a raise.

I totally agree. Kolpack does a solid job, and Izzo has just been great. I was worried when Hallstrom left that Bison coverage would suffer on WDAY. However, Izzo has taken it to a new level. I hope Izzo has found a home in this market and doesn't leave for something 'bigger and better'. I sure enjoy his Bison coverage and his excitement for FCS football in general.

loudsilverado
11-30-2012, 03:01 PM
We did not win the Nickel. Hell of a game though, we kicked their ass

Snowgoose
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I had forgotten they got off to a 10-0 start. It was great watching Reggie run all over them especially after losing the regular season game. If people forgot but this is the year they did the TNT taping for football in America.

westnodak93bison
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Didnt we go with a 8 man front and run the ball down their throat? Wouldnt mind seeing a little of that tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

southcliffbison
11-30-2012, 05:04 PM
It caused eyebrows to be raised because it came behind the play. Others called it a cheap shot.Bison head coach Craig Bohl shied away from the topic this week. SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier said it’s not a story
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/381832/

So, Mr. Kolpack, if # 65 for SDSU goes down earlier and doesn't return due to the injury, (say 1st or 2nd quarter), does it/will it become a story? By the way, I ditto everything said about yours and Dom's coverage of the Bison.

Hammerhead
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM
At the 1986 championship game, a few mounted police officers appeared behind each end zone as time was running out and they moved out past the goal line at the end of the game. We stormed the field and nobody even thought about heading for the goalposts. :)

Bison bison
11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
That was awesome.

I love how they had their pistols drawn and if you looked into a nearby parking lot there was an officer with a rifle ready to snipe.

Thundering Herd
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Mounted cops didn't stop some people (no names will be mentioned) from taking a nice sized piece of memorial stadiums bleachers back to Fargo. Let this be a warning to you all: don't everybody all bounce and jump up and down at once on aging, wooden bleachers... they might snap on you. (Also why soldiers don't march across bridges and why the SDSU cheerleaders shouldn't all jump up at the same time too.)

Tatanka
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Mounted cops didn't stop some people (no names will be mentioned) from taking a nice sized piece of memorial stadiums bleachers back to Fargo. Let this be a warning to you all: don't everybody all bounce and jump up and down at once on aging, wooden bleachers... they might snap on you. (Also why soldiers don't march across bridges and why the SDSU cheerleaders shouldn't all jump up at the same time too.)I would also have accepted "why the SDSU cheerleaders don't jump, period."

KINGRANCH
12-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Good article, but Jeff states "The Bison got the Nickel Trophy...." just before EZ's dad
got arrested.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Nickel Trophy was not awarded after the playoff game.

that was john kisch he didnt get arrested, but i had to take him to the emergency room he had a healthy dose of pepper spray in his eyes.

A1pigskin
12-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Good history...

KilldeerBison
12-01-2012, 02:17 PM
that was john kisch he didnt get arrested, but i had to take him to the emergency room he had a healthy dose of pepper spray in his eyes.

Endzones dad was John Kitsch? Now that is some Bison Trivia!

KilldeerBison
12-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Endzones dad was John Kitsch? Now that is some Bison Trivia!
Also, I would suggest that Endzone consider an athletic woman as the mother of his children, possibly track star, so that the next generation can outrun the dome Nazis.