PDA

View Full Version : SDSU vs. UND

344Johnson
11-29-2012, 01:58 AM
SDSU was up 12-2 a few minutes in last time I checked.

GRAFTONBISON
11-29-2012, 02:59 AM
UND up 49-47 with about 11 minutes left in game. Have to be 150 three point attempts between the two teams. Quite the shooting exhibition

RowdyRabbit
11-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Ug.
Ly.

10 char.

GRAFTONBISON
11-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Ug.
Ly.

10 char.

This................

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Game is on firstrow....SDSU up 1....

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/156012/1/watch-north-dakota-vs-south-dakota-state.html

DjKyRo
11-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Let's go Jacks!

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Jacks look brutal....

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Jacks down 2...they finally got the ball into the post and scored...way too many jump shots.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:25 AM
Wow SDSU just beat UND on a last second three....wow. UND had a chance to seal the game at the line but Webb wasn't even close on front end of the one and one.

GRAFTONBISON
11-29-2012, 03:27 AM
I am speechless at how pathetic the last 25 seconds were. Two turnovers by Wolters in one possession. Nearly an airball free throw by UND. Absolute desperation 3 by the Jacks to win it at the buzzer.

Wow.

RowdyRabbit
11-29-2012, 03:28 AM
I was sure SDSU was gonna lose this game. Especially after those 2 Wolter's TO's.

Unbelievable.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:30 AM
I am speechless at how pathetic the last 25 seconds were. Two turnovers by Wolters in one possession. Nearly an airball free throw by UND. Absolute desperation 3 by the Jacks to win it at the buzzer.

Wow.

Yeah it was sloppy to say the least. Jacks stole that game but I'm sure they won't be complaining about it.

GRAFTONBISON
11-29-2012, 03:31 AM
I was sure SDSU was gonna lose this game. Especially after those 2 Wolter's TO's.

Unbelievable.

Hopefully SDSU used up all their luck against a team from ND for this week?? :biggrin:

GRAFTONBISON
11-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Yeah it was sloppy to say the least. Jacks stole that game but I'm sure they won't be complaining about it.

A win is a win.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:33 AM
A win is a win.

Actually both teams won, we are talking about moral victory U here.

GRAFTONBISON
11-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Actually both teams won, we are talking about moral victory U here.

Believe me, I am right in the heart of that shit.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 03:39 AM
Jacks better clean up their game or Tubby is going to run them out of the barn next week.

RowdyRabbit
11-29-2012, 03:42 AM
Jacks better clean up their game or Tubby is going to run them out of the barn next week.

Yeah, I thought this might be the year we 'finally' beat UoM.

Gotta lot of work ahead of us to accomplish that.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Here is the final few seconds of the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWk5mzEC0qo

jacks1
11-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

unbison
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
While Wolters is good.... Do the jacks think they can go into the barn and beat the gophers? A one man band against the gophers this year I don't think so..... I think they will put Austin hollins on him he is longer then Wolters and at least as fast and quick if not a step quicker and faster.... Yes I said Austin I don't mean dre

BisonTeacher
11-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Who was I supposed to root against in this game? We are supposed to root against our rival right?

Trim
11-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Who was I supposed to root against in this game? We are supposed to root against our rival right?

This was an interesting thought for me last night as well. I couldn't help but hope the Jacks beat Moral U. by about 40. But, my son was wishing for the Jacks to get whooped. In his words, "The Jacks suck and I hate them."

wow
11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
While Wolters is good.... Do the jacks think they can go into the barn and beat the gophers? A one man band against the gophers this year I don't think so..... I think they will put Austin hollins on him he is longer then Wolters and at least as fast and quick if not a step quicker and faster.... Yes I said Austin I don't mean dre

Prior to the season, I would have said there was a chance and that they weren't a 1 man band. Now, not so much. Last year, we had 3 guys not named Wolters shoot better than 46% from 3 on the season. We out-rebounded the Gophers. This year, one of those guys is shooting 32% and another is barely above 40%. Three point shooting was the only chance we had, and we aren't shooting it well this season.

From a Wolters standpoint, I don't think it matters much who guards him. He will get 20-5-5 unless he gets in foul trouble or injured.

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2012, 01:33 PM
UND board is unimpressed with SDSU, saying they would have throttled them if they had all their players, and that if they are the best in the Summit, our conference is completely garbage.

I'm kind of beginning to wonder myself how good the Summit actually is, or isn't.

Will be fun NDSU-UND game. They are convinced they will manhandle us, and have better players at all 5 positions and depth as long as everyone plays.

Hansel
11-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Did Muss call Jones after the game to congratulate him on the huge moral victory?

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Did Muss call Jones after the game to congratulate him on the huge moral victory?

I'm pretty sure the fanbase did.

goldenshower
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Prior to the season, I would have said there was a chance and that they weren't a 1 man band. Now, not so much. Last year, we had 3 guys not named Wolters shoot better than 46% from 3 on the season. We out-rebounded the Gophers. This year, one of those guys is shooting 32% and another is barely above 40%. Three point shooting was the only chance we had, and we aren't shooting it well this season.

From a Wolters standpoint, I don't think it matters much who guards him. He will get 20-5-5 unless he gets in foul trouble or injured.

i will be surprised if wolter has a good game vs the gophers. i dont see how they stay in it vs minnesotas defense. i watched sdsu vs alabama and when they pressed sdsu really started to struggle. in the history of gopher athletics since i started following them closely, minnesota has always struggled vs lesser opponents, this year feels different...we will see i guess go bison beat the hell out of sdsu

homer
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
UND board is unimpressed with SDSU, saying they would have throttled them if they had all their players, and that if they are the best in the Summit, our conference is completely garbage.

I'm kind of beginning to wonder myself how good the Summit actually is, or isn't.

Will be fun NDSU-UND game. They are convinced they will manhandle us, and have better players at all 5 positions and depth as long as everyone plays.

I don't think anyone on our board was unimpressed with SDSU at all. We had a chance to put the game away with free throws and did not do that. We were playing without 2 of our better players and that would have definately helped in the game last night.

Regarding your last two sentences I haven't read anyone mention we have better players at all 5 positions. I also have not seen anyone mention we are going to manhandle the Bison next week. I have seen many mention out of our next four games, NDSU is going to be our biggest challenge and the one we may not get. Especially if we cannot get healthy by than an get Huff and Traylor back.

wow
11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
i will be surprised if wolter has a good game vs the gophers. i dont see how they stay in it vs minnesotas defense. i watched sdsu vs alabama and when they pressed sdsu really started to struggle. in the history of gopher athletics since i started following them closely, minnesota has always struggled vs lesser opponents, this year feels different...we will see i guess go bison beat the hell out of sdsu

Might I ask why? Maybe it depends on how you define "good game." The gophers will run fresh, athletic defenders at him all night long (just like last year), and chances are he will still end up with somewhere like 20-5-5 (just like last year).

goldenshower
11-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Might I ask why? Maybe it depends on how you define "good game." The gophers will run fresh, athletic defenders at him all night long (just like last year), and chances are he will still end up with somewhere like 20-5-5 (just like last year).

because i think the gophers are better defensively then last year. i think Michael Snaer is better then wolters and he plays on a better team and we held him to 12 points and shooting 33%, i think adonis thomas of memphis is better then wolters and we controlled him and he also plays on a better team than sdsu and he went 5-15 for 12 points, i think darien brothers is a better then wolters and austin destroyed him and only allowed him to be 1-11 from the floor, i guess my point is sdsu is a one man show and i think the emphasis will be to just beat up wolters and make others beat us. gophers will win by at least 20 pts

BadlandsBison
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Are you wolters' dad?

wow
11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
because i think the gophers are better defensively then last year. i think Michael Snaer is better then wolters and he plays on a better team and we held him to 12 points and shooting 33%, i think adonis thomas of memphis is better then wolters and we controlled him and he also plays on a better team than sdsu and he went 5-15 for 12 points, i think darien brothers is a better then wolters and austin destroyed him and only allowed him to be 1-11 from the floor, i guess my point is sdsu is a one man show and i think the emphasis will be to just beat up wolters and make others beat us. gophers will win by at least 20 pts

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

I suspect that like many Gopher fans, it simply does not compute that someone from St Cloud and SDSU could be as good or better than someone who plays in the Big East or ACC. Its pretty laughable to say Brothers is better than Wolters, though. Wolters has already beaten Brothers career high for rebounds twice this season. He's beaten Brothers career high for assists 5 times already this season. Scoring comparisons are as ridiculous, brothers is averaging more than 5 ppg less than Wolters. Brothers can probably dunk better and passes the eye test though. He might be a better shooter too.

I agree that if the Jacks can keep within 20 they will be lucky. Last year we were within 7 with less than 10:00 to go and the Gophers pulled away.

Only one way to find out, I'll have fun watching either way.

wow
11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you wolters' dad?

LOL, no, I'm sure Wolter's dad is out there somewhere still screwing the NDSU basketball program somehow. :)

ndsubisonx
11-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Are you wolters' dad?

no its clearly Wolters' Older Woman