PDA

View Full Version : Omaha

roadwarrior
11-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Nebraska Omaha starts its Summit League basketball schedule this thursday at 7pm at the BSA.

The football game is on everyone's radar this week, but let's get out and support the basketball team. It's already been a long time since we had a home game.

Tatanka
11-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Nebraska Omaha starts its Summit League basketball schedule this thursday at 7pm at the BSA.

The football game is on everyone's radar this week, but let's get out and support the basketball team. It's already been a long time since we had a home game.Good call road. I'm in.

56BISON73
11-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Good call road. I'm in.

Im in.....

bisonfan08
11-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Definitely excited to see the team play in person again instead of watching them on a crappy internet stream. Also will be nice to see them playing a D1 opponent in person......well kind of D1

Bison"FANatic"
11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
We are looking forward to the game also.

HoopsBison
11-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Excited for the game on Thursday. I think the team is happy to be at home and is going to out really strong on Thursday!

Hope to see a nice crowd!

ndsubisonx
11-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Omaha is 2-5 with wins over Northern Illinois and Chicago St. I know they lost their leading scorer from last season. They lost to Nebraska by 11 and also DII member St. Mary College of Kansas.

bruinbison
11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Omaha was picked 9th (of 9) in Summit pre-season poll.

They do return 4 starters from last season as they build their Division I base.

CJ Carter - 6' 0" So - 10.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.6 apg
Caleb Steffensmeier - 6' 1" Jr - 5.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.5 apg
Alex Welhouse - 6' 7" 220 lb Sr - 10.4 ppg, 6.7 rpg
John Karhoff - 6' 8" 235 Jr - 12.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg

As mentioned, leading scorer Mitch Albers finished his career.

6 new players added - 2 freshman, 2 JC transfers, Indiana State transfer and a St Cloud St transfer
Mike Rostampour - 6' 8" 215 lb Jr - originally from St Paul Henry HS

http://www.omavs.com/news/2012/11/28/MBB_1128125254.aspx?path=mbball

Mr. Burgundy
11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
You guys can thank me later. Bison -19 is a layup. We roll tonight.

HoopsBison
11-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Any news on Jordan's and Joel's injuries? and how they are healing and when they might be healthy. Not seeing much of anything on how they are doing?

Mr. Burgundy
11-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Any news on Jordan's and Joel's injuries? and how they are healing and when they might be healthy. Not seeing much of anything on how they are doing?

Jordan is getting better and better with his back injury. Vandenberg is sick again and won't play. He has had a concussion, mono and now sick in a short period of time. Joel is struggling with that knee. Could be surgery. Hasn't practiced in a long time, this smells like a redshirt year to me, and has for a while. Why force it. The kid has alot of ability and will have a great career, but you need to be healthy. It would put him a year behind LA too, which I have said from the beginning would be good for the program.

KSBisonFan
11-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Jordan is getting better and better with his back injury. Vandenberg is sick again and won't play. He has had a concussion, mono and now sick in a short period of time. Joel is struggling with that knee. Could be surgery. Hasn't practiced in a long time, this smells like a redshirt year to me, and has for a while. Why force it. The kid has alot of ability and will have a great career, but you need to be healthy. It would put him a year behind LA too, which I have said from the beginning would be good for the program.

Burgundy, what's the answer to getting LA some rest at the point? He's played some serious minutes so far and I'd hate to see him wore out before we hit tourney time.

Mr. Burgundy
11-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Burgundy, what's the answer to getting LA some rest at the point? He's played some serious minutes so far and I'd hate to see him wore out before we hit tourney time.

I think some more point guard play from Taylor Braun. LA is going to log some minutes this year. he has some serious game, getting better and has a great swagger.

Bison03
11-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Alright. Let's get this weekend started. Main course is Saturday afternoon, but tonight's appetizer should be good as well. First Summit League game for Omaha, that's pretty cool. As much as some fans up north want to dub the Summit as "NCC 2.0", I'm glad we play in a conference with teams near us. That being said, I think the Bison are to much for the Mavs, especially down low. I predict they, along with most opponents we play, struggle to contain Braun. Just like last year, Bison win big. 4 players in double digits and a highlight reel dunk by Trey. Newell comes in to mop up and scores.

Bison: 85
Mavs: 65

-Sidenote: Can we replace the "Husker Rejects" cheer with "Tim Miles Rejects"?

North Side
11-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Link for you guys that can't make it to the game.

http://www.gobison.com/newLiveStats/Basketball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=643617&db_oem_id=2400

KSBisonFan
11-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Bison welcome Omaha to the Summit:

Bison 89
Mavs 64

NDSUstudent
11-30-2012, 12:29 AM
35-18 The Bison are dominating. Braun has 13.

Sent from my MB886

Ross
11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
I must say, the audio in the BSA is amazingly terrible. I don't recall it being this bad last year... maybe its just me?

Anyways, the Bison lead 37-20 with about 6 min left in the first.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
49-30 at the half. Braun has 16 and LA has 11.

Sent from my MB886

Bison03
11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
49-30 Bison at the half. 9-0 run to end the half. Braun leading the way with 16, I think he has 4 threes.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2012, 01:09 AM
68-38 Bison rolling now.

Sent from my MB886

Bison03
11-30-2012, 01:10 AM
12:18 to go, The blowout has started. Bison up 68-38.

BisonNation11
11-30-2012, 01:14 AM
This is a shooting exhibition.

Ross
11-30-2012, 01:24 AM
This is a shooting exhibition.

This. Braun is putting on a clinic.

82-49 Bison. 4:40 left

NDSUstudent
11-30-2012, 01:27 AM
89-49 Bison bench scoring at will

Sent from my MB886

Bison03
11-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Bison win in blowout fashion. Final score Bison: 95, Mavs: 51.

1bizon1
11-30-2012, 01:34 AM
UNO that bad or are the Bizon that hot tonight? I know they are pretty darn good this year. Just wondering and TIA!

BisonNation11
11-30-2012, 01:42 AM
UNO that bad or are the Bizon that hot tonight? I know they are pretty darn good this year. Just wondering and TIA!

I think the Herd finished shooting somewhere around 60%. They were playing pretty good defense as well. Very hot from beyond the arc.

KSBisonFan
11-30-2012, 01:45 AM

A little of both. On their court and we shoot 45%, we still beat them by 15-20. They are young and will be good in the conference eventually. Radio announcers and Summit commissioner raved about their new facility.

HoopsBison
11-30-2012, 02:17 AM
Great team win tonight, virtually everyone played well and I love our effort on the defensive end. UNO isnt a strong team but beat them like we did was impressive. It did not hurt that we couldnt miss.

EndZoneQB
11-30-2012, 02:26 AM

Anyone buying food/drinks for Burg's tailgate this Saturday?? lol

NDSU1980
11-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Great win. Good to see them getting going strong like this.

Tatanka
11-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Just wanted to give props to the mastermind behind the halftime entertainment tonight. Wow is all i can say. Gabe, i've got to give you credit. Excellent idea, brilliantly executed.

NDSUBowler
11-30-2012, 03:10 AM
kjasdfhksajfd missed this!

Just wanted to give props to the mastermind behind the halftime entertainment tonight. Wow is all i can say. Gabe, i've got to give you credit. Excellent idea, brilliantly executed.
What happened and how was Gabe involved?

HoopsBison
11-30-2012, 03:14 AM
just wanted to give props to the mastermind behind the halftime entertainment tonight. Wow is all i can say. Gabe, i've got to give you credit. Excellent idea, brilliantly executed.

lol.......

b15on
11-30-2012, 03:15 AM

It was a Bison Bookstore fashion show. Very professional, captivating, and lively...flying Frisbees and all.

HoopsBison
kjasdfhksajfd missed this!

NDSU BookStore Fashion Show...boy was it exciting!

1998braves64

A fashion show with some real hot models guessing gabe was tapped because he's full of marketing ideas! :)

HoopsBison
11-30-2012, 03:22 AM
Also congrats to Taylor Braun tonight for tying the school record for most three's made in a game at 7!

He was 7-9 from 3 point land tonight!

344Johnson
11-30-2012, 03:28 AM
I as fun as it was to see the Bison dominate, I don't think we learned much about them from this game.

Hope to see more of this domination from Braun.

56BISON73
11-30-2012, 03:33 AM
A fashion show with some real hot models guessing gabe was tapped because he's full of marketing ideas! :)

Cant believe they havent picked up on this for the football games.

HerdBot
11-30-2012, 03:53 AM
It was a Bison Bookstore fashion show. Very professional, captivating, and lively...flying Frisbees and all.

What happened? I listened on the radio

56BISON73
11-30-2012, 03:58 AM

Your idea was a hit. Well done!!!

1998braves64
11-30-2012, 03:59 AM

Uh... what happens in the BSA stays in the BSA... sorry man.

Tatanka
11-30-2012, 04:02 AM
What happened? I listened on the radioliterally I was standing the whole time, as were most people in the BSA.

HerdBot
11-30-2012, 04:04 AM
literally I was standing the whole time, as were most people in the BSA.

Damn sounds like marketing actually did something good. Now Im curious!

56BISON73
11-30-2012, 04:25 AM
Damn sounds like marketing actually did something good. Now Im curious!

You are being much too modest. The program tonight had your name written all over it. Brilliant!!!

ndsubisonx
11-30-2012, 06:35 AM

thank you mr. burg. what a man you are! easy money

ndsubisonx
11-30-2012, 06:41 AM

bison played with a lot of energy tonight. seems like they didnt want to repeat what happened in green bay. they were moving around on offense and there was more flow. got a little sloppy at times but they moved the ball well and got a lot of good looks. omaha is basically still a D2 team with D2 caliber talent. i see them surpassing some teams in our conference though in the future. trayvonns shot looked good tonight and his defense is great. got a nice little break to rest up before heading to kentucky to take on morehead st. theyre a very physical team and played kentucky pretty tough. gotta keep up the intensity

DePereBisonFan
11-30-2012, 02:43 PM
omaha is basically still a D2 team with D2 caliber talent.

For what it's worth, Omaha is responsible for two OOC Summit wins, including their first game of the year vs. Northern Illinois. Yes, Chicago State is a bad team.

Team - OOC DI Wins
NDSU - 3
WIU - 2
UMKC - 1
SDSU - 3
IPFW - 2
OU - 1
USD - 1
IUPUI - 2
UNO - 2

Not all DI wins are created equal, but I'll give them credit where it's due.

KSBisonFan
11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I as fun as it was to see the Bison dominate, I don't think we learned much about them from this game.

Hope to see more of this domination from Braun.

I learned that Kading has some serious range for a big man.

HerdBot
11-30-2012, 03:29 PM
You are being much too modest. The program tonight had your name written all over it. Brilliant!!!

Did they have a motorized stripper pole with green and gold rockets shooting out of it? Dancing midgets twirling batons?Free lap dances for the loudest section? For every Bison 3 pointer, receive a buck off of a sex toy of your choice? Free blow up doll and sausage with purchase of 4 tickets?

Kermit
11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I learned that Kading has some serious range for a big man.

I love what I've seen of Kading, so far. He is a very athletic big man, who can run, jump, and get off the floor quickly. He brings a lot to the table, but he really needs to work on his ball handling. He has been working hard on his outside shot, but I wouldn't expect a repeat off last night's 3-point shooting on a regular basis quite yet.

So far, I am most impressed with the team defense. We have a combination of length and athleticism that can be difficult to play against.

bisonfan08
11-30-2012, 03:48 PM
I predict they, along with most opponents we play, struggle to contain Braun. Just like last year, Bison win big. 4 players in double digits and a highlight reel dunk by Trey. Newell comes in to mop up and scores.

If you woulda predicted the score closer I woulda called you a prophet. Braun lit it up, we had 5 players in double digits and the alley oop pass from Brown to Trey was sick. Then Freddy comes in drives to the lane and somehow makes a floater over a 6'8" guy.

Game was a ton of fun to watch. Felt was off tonight, but everybody else was spot on. Offense looked to be playing with purpose, but still got a little sloppy at times. A few too many bad turnovers. LA is getting real sneaky with his passing down low and our big guys just don't quite seem ready for it and used to it yet. Kory Brown is playing phenomenal defense, but would like to see him be a little more assertive on offense, he had a couple opportunities to beat his guy off the dribble last night and he just passed it back out. He needs to at least be a threat to score on offense or teams with shade off of him to help on other players and it'll hurt us in the long run. We won't shoot like this every game, but we can play defense like this every game and if we do we will do very well this season. Great all around performance by the team.

Bison bison
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
If you woulda predicted the score closer I woulda called you a prophet. Braun lit it up, we had 5 players in double digits and the alley oop pass from Brown to Trey was sick. Then Freddy comes in drives to the lane and somehow makes a floater over a 6'8" guy.

Game was a ton of fun to watch. Felt was off tonight, but everybody else was spot on. Offense looked to be playing with purpose, but still got a little sloppy at times. A few too many bad turnovers. LA is getting real sneaky with his passing down low and our big guys just don't quite seem ready for it and used to it yet. Kory Brown is playing phenomenal defense, but would like to see him be a little more assertive on offense, he had a couple opportunities to beat his guy off the dribble last night and he just passed it back out. He needs to at least be a threat to score on offense or teams with shade off of him to help on other players and it'll hurt us in the long run. We won't shoot like this every game, but we can play defense like this every game and if we do we will do very well this season. Great all around performance by the team.

Felt nailed his three.

bisonfan08
11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Felt nailed his three.

Felt went 1-4, only made that last one late on that wild play that involved lil Freddy diving on the floor and somehow managing to get the ball to Felt by rolling it between I believe it was Kading's legs. Was an awesome play, but he missed his other 3 attempts and they weren't great looks. He got up a little slow after a collision in the first half, wondering if he wasn't just a little shaken up the rest of the game.

Kermit
11-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Felt went 1-4, only made that last one late on that wild play that involved lil Freddy diving on the floor and somehow managing to get the ball to Felt by rolling it between I believe it was Kading's legs. Was an awesome play, but he missed his other 3 attempts and they weren't great looks. He got up a little slow after a collision in the first half, wondering if he wasn't just a little shaken up the rest of the game.

I think Felt's shot selection is questionable at times. He is such a great shooter, that when he is hot it seems like any shot he can get off will go in. I would like to see him let the game come to him a little better, and avoid forcing the quick NBA 3. I think it is great that we can bring a guy in off the bench who can provide a huge boost to the offense. When he is on, he can be devastating.

bisonfan08
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I think Felt's shot selection is questionable at times. He is such a great shooter, that when he is hot it seems like any shot he can get off will go in. I would like to see him let the game come to him a little better, and avoid forcing the quick NBA 3. I think it is great that we can bring a guy in off the bench who can provide a huge boost to the offense. When he is on, he can be devastating.

I agree, I know he has the green light because well he's an amazing shooter. That's what he is in the game for though and he needs to take the shots he can, that being said two of his last night were falling away from the basket and he wasn't set and his accurracy seems to dip in that situation. I feel like our offense does a poor job of getting him involved when he is in the game though, especially last night. He's running all over trying to get open and nobody is setting a pick for him and when someone actually does it seems like our whoever has the ball isn't looking for him. When he is in the game I think there should be an urgency to get the ball in his hands for open shots. Either he is going to give us a huge boost himself, or if nothing else he will draw so much attention that it will open things up for everyone else.

CAS4127
11-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I agree, I know he has the green light because well he's an amazing shooter. That's what he is in the game for though and he needs to take the shots he can, that being said two of his last night were falling away from the basket and he wasn't set and his accurracy seems to dip in that situation. I feel like our offense does a poor job of getting him involved when he is in the game though, especially last night. He's running all over trying to get open and nobody is setting a pick for him and when someone actually does it seems like our whoever has the ball isn't looking for him. When he is in the game I think there should be an urgency to get the ball in his hands for open shots. Either he is going to give us a huge boost himself, or if nothing else he will draw so much attention that it will open things up for everyone else.

Ya, when he is in the game, we should go "Grinnell" on the opponent just to "mix" things up a bit.

KSBisonFan
11-30-2012, 04:12 PM

I agree. Felt can get his shot pretty much any time but if he would wait until later in the possession our ball movement would create a more open look. Overall, so far I've been impressed with our offense and shot selection. Running the offense through the post opens up shots for everyone. Last year it was way too much dribbling in place one against 3 or first person to get the pass from LA would hoist a 3. Much improved!

Bison bison
11-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm just happy that Felt got a haircut.

He looked like a hippie last year.

99Bison
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Re: Felt - you let shooters shoot. Simple as that. He's not going to chuck up 7 ill advised shots in a game, maybe 2 or 3, but that's fine, you gotta test out the feel.

ndsubisonx
11-30-2012, 05:44 PM

im fine with most of the threes he shoots but its inside the arc where he seems to force some bad shots at times. felt just didnt get many open looks last night unlike everybody else. if braun and trayvonn can consistently hit outside shots that will help the offense immensely. that being said that would suck to have to guard felt. he never quits moving and gets so many screens set for him

Gully
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
fire Felt save season :)

unbison
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Shooters. Good ones believe they can always make the shot.... you let felt shoot