PDA

View Full Version : 2012 FCS Playoffs Round 2: SDSU Game

Pages : [1] 2

SDbison
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Since the other threads begin with "if we play SDSU" use this thread to discuss the upcoming playoff game against the bunnies. As I posted in previous threads the Bison are the better team, but we all know defense alone won't win this game for NDSU. Time for the offense to make some noise and put SDSU away early in the game. Letting them hang around only takes a chance some bunny player will get injured only to come back and make a big play, or give the refs an opportunity to make a bad call in favor of the visiting team. If the Bison play a good game overall there is no chance for SDSU to win.
Apparently Kolpack isn't giving off good vibes for this game with this "be wary" article in today's Forum:
http://mobile.inforum.com/page/article/id/381368/

stevdock
11-25-2012, 03:01 PM
putting 200+ on the ground against ISU was a tune up for the playoffs. I'm ready to watch the Rams and the ground game dominate the playoffs.

PlainsBison
11-25-2012, 04:04 PM
We play South Dakota State University (duh). We don't play a cupcake team. Once in the playoffs, you have to beat the good teams. You can bet $1,000,000 that Coach Bohl isn't sitting in a room with his plays moping and groaning. Nope. They are preparing for the next game, figuring out how to win it. You can never look past a team, and believe me, this squad isn't going to do that. I trust that NDSU's preparation and game planning, and then execution during the game, is going to put them on top. Plus, I am going to make as much noise as possible when the bunnies are on offense.

Snake
11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Vigens predictable playcalling. Playing a quality conference opponent twice. Damn right id be wary too. Dive left, dive right, 5 yd out to Smith jumped and neary picked.

heffray
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Anyone who isnt worried about this game isnt thinking clearly. The winner of this game has a good chance to win it all, IMO.

Im very worried... I predict a tight game, and right now, after the confidence boost the Jacks got in round one, I think--Well, I won't say it... Someone give a few good reasons to think the Jacks won't upset... please...

The Sports Block
11-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Since 2004 All FCS Playoff games hosted by MVC Teams:

2012: Eastern Illinois at South Dakota State: 4,367
2008: New Hampshire at Southern Illinois: 5,461
2006: UT-Martin at Southern Illinois: 5,694
2009: William & Mary at Southern Illinois: 5,860
2010: Lehigh at Northern Iowa: 5,990
2007: Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois: 6,124
2009: Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois: 6,391
2007: UMass at Southern Illinois: 6,560
2011: Wofford at Northern Iowa: 6,915
2004: Eastern Washington at Southern Illinois: 7,304
2005: Eastern Washington at Northern Iowa: 7,746
2008: Maine at Northern Iowa: 8,477
2008: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa: 9,055
2006: Illinois State at Youngstown State: 10,813
2007: Delaware at Southern Illinois: 11,503
2006: James Madison at Youngstown State: 11,627
2008: Richmond at Northern Iowa: 12,062
2010: Robert Morris at North Dakota State: 12,202
2007: Delaware at Northern Iowa: 15,803
2007: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa: 16,015
2011: James Madison at North Dakota State: 17,432
2011: Georgia Southern at North Dakota State: 18,101
2011: Lehigh at North Dakota State: 18,111

No_Skill
11-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Anyone who isnt worried about this game isnt thinking clearly. The winner of this game has a good chance to win it all, IMO.

Im very worried... I predict a tight game, and right now, after the confidence boost the Jacks got in round one, I think--Well, I won't say it... Someone give a few good reasons to think the Jacks won't upset... please...

...cause we're the mighty Bison! Who the f*** are you?

A1pigskin
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
All the examples above are more reasons the coaching staff is not going to take anything for granted or the players. The previous Bison and Bunny game was very close, too close. With the Bunnies ass kick'in in round one leaves me even more concerned. Bison offense will need to put up some major points.

PlainsBison
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Maybe the bunnies come into the game overconfident, thinking they will get 400+ yards on the ground, thinking that they played in the dome once and did well, that they now know how to win in the dome, thinking that it's their turn, etc.

I know that if I was a NDSU football player, and I looked at the score from Saturday, I would be prepping for the game in a big way, knowing that it is going to be a hard fought game. I think the score will cause the players to become more focused than ever, knowing they have to work hard to win.

jacks1
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
If Zenner can get 100+ yards and if the Jacks can sustain some long drives, they have a chance. Easier said than done with the Bison 'D' and 19,000 strong in the Fargo Dome.

A1pigskin
11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
12th man will be needed.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
So the dome doesn't affect SDSU? Not sure their record at the dome confirms this theory, the false starts and confusion penalties in their last game also don't really confirm it either. They also haven't experienced the dome being cranked up to 11 for a playoff game.

BisonNation11
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Keep Zenner under control again. No big gains. Force them to pass. Our pass rush will get there. The bunnies haven't had a bye week in 2 months. That has to start taking its toll. You can play amped up and on adrenalin, but for how long? I think we come out looking like ISU-R did to us. The Bison have had two weeks to prepare new schemes on both sides of the ball, regardless of who we played. Plus, I'd guarantee they were doing their homework on SDSU this past week. Start strong, finish stronger. Demoralize them early, take the wind out of their sails, then break their backs. This will be a blowout like the Youngstown game or the same nail-biter we saw in the last game.

SDbison
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
12th man will be needed. More important.......the Bison offense MUST play a good game and put a bunch of points on the scoreboard. Tired of the offense rarely showing up and often being ineffective. Need to kick bunny ass on both sides of the ball.

Tatanka
11-25-2012, 06:14 PM
So far, the bunnies have not solved the Bison defense, with the exception of the drive against the preventish D at the end of the last game. This, with a d-lineman out, and another injured early in-game. this time around the Bison are rested, adjusted to perrys absence, and healthir on both sides of the ball. The bunnies are in uncharted waters, even though they are familiar with the dome, they are affected by the atmosphere. They have not experienced a playoff atmosphere like they will see on Saturday. The last time they came close they pissed away a 20+ point lead. They rickrolled a weak team last week in front of 5000 people On the frozen pasture. This will be much different.their vaunted top rusher went for <50 yards against the bison. Look for something similar this week.

The Bison have their work cut out for them, and even though they have the toughest draw of any seeded team all things considered,this team has the experience and the will. Bohl will have them ready. Am i concerned about the offense? You bet your ass i am. but i believe in this team. Flame away.

heffray
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
...Someone give a few good reasons to think the Jacks won't upset... please...

...cause we're the mighty Bison! Who the f*** are you?

Not only does this not answer my question in any way, shape, or form, it is the complete opposite mindset we need to have on Saturday and throughout the playoffs to win.

Honeybooboo
11-25-2012, 06:34 PM
If Zenner can get 100+ yards and if the Jacks can sustain some long drives, they have a chance. Easier said than done with the Bison 'D' and 19,000 strong in the Fargo Dome.

He didn't last time and won't this time either

BisonNation11
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Someone give a few good reasons to think the Jacks won't upset... please...

Keep Zenner under control again. No big gains. Force them to pass. Our pass rush will get there. The bunnies haven't had a bye week in 2 months. That has to start taking its toll. You can play amped up and on adrenalin, but for how long? I think we come out looking like ISU-R did to us. The Bison have had two weeks to prepare new schemes on both sides of the ball, regardless of who we played. Plus, I'd guarantee they were doing their homework on SDSU this past week. Start strong, finish stronger. Demoralize them early, take the wind out of their sails, then break their backs. This will be a blowout like the Youngstown game or the same nail-biter we saw in the last game.

I will take this as not good enough and will do better next time sir, yes sir. :hide:

BisonNeil
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
I have thought a lot about this game since the pairings were announced and I think a Bison win will come done to three key areas.

First, the Bison D has to be as sound as it was in the last game in stopping SDSUs run game. Keep Zenner to less than 100 yds and that will go a long ways to a victory. I don't think they can use the same exact scheme, but I have all the faith in the world in Klieman.

Second, Brock has to stop being so tentative in the passing game. He is playing as if he is afraid of making a mistake and that simply won't cut it in the playoffs. In the past two games he is only completing 50% of his passes (17/34) for 176 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT. No matter how you want to cut it those are Mertenesque type numbers and it just won't work. Jensen has to be in the upper 60 to lower 70% completion rate with no pick sixes for the Bison to be successful, but he will need help from his WRs and the OL (see below).

Third, and many of you will flame away on this, but the OL has to play better in the second SDSU matchup then they did in the first. Haeg was owned in that game and he has to get that poor performance out of his head. As Bohl indicated in the last SDSU game, they have to get him some help. Ojuri was helpless in that effort, so it will have to be Lang or a FB. But Steigy was masterful in running a 3-4 scheme in passing situations which has utterly confused NDSU OLs the last few years. The OL gets really confused on who to block when anyone of the LBs can come on a blitz. Fuchs has go to step up his game as well.

But, in Bohl we trust.

heffray
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
...Am i concerned about the offense? You bet your ass i am. but i believe in this team. Flame away.

This is my point. What gives anyone any reason to believe we will put up enough points to beat anyone in the playoffs? We cannot rely upon our defense to win another Natty.

Sorry for all the negativity... All said and done, I really want you all to tell me that you told me so...

Honeybooboo
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
This is my point. What gives anyone any reason to believe we will put up enough points to beat anyone in the playoffs? We cannot rely upon our defense to win another Natty.

Sorry for all the negativity... All said and done, I really want you all to tell me that you told me so...

Because we did it last year, and already beat SDSU

Tatanka
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM

Sorry for all the negativity... All said and done, I really want you all to tell me that you told me so...I'd like to think we've already seen the best defenses we're going to see this year, the problem is we have to see one of them again on Saturday.

BisonTeacher
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
This is where we find out if the offense has been holding something back and saving it for the playoffs....or we find out if we are just predictable.

Edit...i hope its the former not the latter.

unbison
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
putting 200+ on the ground against ISU was a tune up for the playoffs. I'm ready to watch the Rams and the ground game dominate the playoffs.
Biggest part of this is we cannot get in a situation where we need to catch up!

loudsilverado
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
People need to stop being so negative, some of you act like we already lost!! We will be just fine, trust in our coaches and players, and cheer loud!

unbison
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
People need to stop being so negative, some of you act like we already lost!! We will be just fine, trust in our coaches and players, and cheer loud!
Who is this?

344Johnson
11-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Zenner has to be wearing down a bit. No matter what, I got a good feeling about this weekend. I think the close game against them in the dome is on our guys' minds. I think they take a 7 point lead into halftime. Dominate second half and win by 14-17.

Honeybooboo
11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Zenner has to be wearing down a bit. No matter what, I got a good feeling about this weekend. I think the close game against them in the dome is on our guys' minds. I think they take a 7 point lead into halftime. Dominate second half and win by 14-17.

I watched the EIU game, I was very surprised to see stig running Zenner every pay when they were up that much

MNLonghorn10
11-25-2012, 10:45 PM
So the dome doesn't affect SDSU? Not sure their record at the dome confirms this theory, the false starts and confusion penalties in their last game also don't really confirm it either. They also haven't experienced the dome being cranked up to 11 for a playoff game.
Goto SDSUfans.com. the consensus there is that SDSU isn't intimidated in Fargo at all. Some have said that here on bville. and they've won once here.

Wally
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Goto SDSUfans.com. the consensus there is that SDSU isn't intimidated in Fargo at all. Some have said that here on bville. and they've won once here.

Never let facts get in the way of a good story

BisonNeil
11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
In the FWIW category, I forgot to mention in another thread that TSN picks Illinois State to beat Appy State. Wow. They cite ISUr defense as the reason. Of course, they also pick the Bison because of their defense.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/index.htm

SDSUAlum08
11-25-2012, 11:04 PM

Not being intimidated and being overly confident are way different. The point is that we State fans think they can win. They'll have to play almost perfect football with some Bison turnovers, but it can happen. Neither team is happy about the matchup.

NDSUdonny
11-25-2012, 11:19 PM

They think if they play like they did yesterday they will beat us? What does running over a bunch of high school kids have to do with playing the mighty BISON

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 12:57 AM

Don't forget we pump artificial noise into the dome, they did not play all that well (like we did) and LP is not there to stop the run (i guess they forgot we lost him early). Oh yeah and my favorite, if they win they should get the Marker. I swear---ABOFI

Tatanka
11-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Don't forget we pump artificial noise into the dome, they did not play all that well (like we did) and LP is not there to stop the run (i guess they forgot we lost him early). Oh yeah and my favorite, if they win they should get the Marker. I swear---ABOFIif they think it was noisy before just wait.

SDbison
11-26-2012, 01:10 AM
If the Bison take care of business, keep the bunnies off the scoreboard and put some good scoring drives together for themselves it should be a Bison victory by two TD's or more. Yesterday the jacks played one of the weakest playoff teams on their crappy field in front of a smalltime crowd to get their first ever playoff victory (this was only third attempt with just 1 in DII, and the recent FCS failure at Montana). The cold and windy conditions were perfect for their run Zenner every play offense. Those same conditions were terrible for a EIU team that relied heavily on passing game for their success during the season.
Sure the bunnies think they belong, but they are still a ways from being good enough to win it all. I hope they are full of themselves and really think this second chance is their ticket to being a spoiler and chance to get further in playoffs. Bison fans need to give the bunnies the loudest atmosphere ever and the Bison team needs to immmediately crush these guys. The bunnies thrive on getting a chance to play in front of sold out stadium with fans and success they only wish they could have. I hope every Bison player is living in the moment and ready to show the bunnies who is #1. Time to play some smashmouth football, end the bunnies season and send them back to Brookings on the bus trip the cheap ass NCAA so much desired.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 01:14 AM
if they think it was noisy before just wait.

Anytime the dome was even close to playoff noise it caused them confusion---false start, illegal sub, etc.

TAILG8R
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Anytime the dome was even close to playoff noise it caused them confusion---false start, illegal sub, etc.

There were times that the dome was loud this year but it is just different during the playoffs. It seems to me that the crowd can get taking out of the game rather easily during the regular season. One or two first downs and most fans will sit down. Not so in the playoffs, most fans will stand and yell the entire time the opposing team is on offense.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
There were times that the dome was loud this year but it is just different during the playoffs. It seems to me that the crowd can get taking out of the game rather easily during the regular season. One or two first downs and most fans will sit down. Not so in the playoffs, most fans will stand and yell the entire time the opposing team is on offense.

I concur---very different in the playoffs! It makes me laugh that they think we pump in noise.

Wally
11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Win the turnover battle, Bison win by 10+. Lose the turnover battle, it's a pick em.

Tatanka
11-26-2012, 01:27 AM
There were times that the dome was loud this year but it is just different during the playoffs. It seems to me that the crowd can get taking out of the game rather easily during the regular season. One or two first downs and most fans will sit down. Not so in the playoffs, most fans will stand and yell the entire time the opposing team is on offense.this. I don't plan on using my seat. Period.

NDSU1980
11-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Win the turnover battle, Bison win by 10+. Lose the turnover battle, it's a pick em.I'd rather you didn't mention turnover and pick in the same sentence. A few pick sixes are the only thing that doom us.

stevdock
11-26-2012, 01:44 AM

No offense but I wont believe the playoff crowd is different until I see it. Last year during the Lehigh game we got yelled at to sit down the whole first half. Still a majority of our fans only cheer when prompted or play demands it.

TAILG8R
11-26-2012, 01:51 AM
No offense but I wont believe the playoff crowd is different until I see it. Last year during the Lehigh game we got yelled at to sit down the whole first half. Still a majority of our fans only cheer when prompted or play demands it.

From my seats in the lower rows of Section 29 (North end zone) I feel like almost all fans are standing and cheering. Not sure if a few people behind you not standing means that the dome isn't rockin'

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 01:53 AM
I think a lot changed after the GS game.

56BISON73
11-26-2012, 01:56 AM

No offense but whats the point of standing the whole game?

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 01:57 AM
HA---- Just ran across this on the jackoff's furom

Today 09:54 PM #12 bubbajack
Freshman

Re: Jacks vs. Bison take 2
I almost feel like making an account for bisonville just so I can tell them how much of a f-ing joke their forum is...

Are they all 13 or something?

stevdock
11-26-2012, 02:01 AM
No offense but whats the point of standing the whole game?

Didn't say I did. In fact I sat when we were on offense. But when we are on defense you can yell that much more when you are standing due to being able to fully use your lung capacity. Also when standing more fans are choosing to participate than not.

Wally
11-26-2012, 02:10 AM

Freshman

I almost feel like making an account for bisonville just so I can tell them how much of a f-ing joke their forum is...

http://www.troll.me/images/douche-bag-cat/u-mad-bro.jpg

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Didn't say I did. In fact I sat when we were on offense. But when we are on defense you can yell that much more when you are standing due to being able to fully use your lung capacity. Also when standing more fans are choosing to participate than not.

If I may...you should see how it goes at CAS.

People sit there on their hands (or just don't show up) and complain about the cold. How about you stand and yell and clap then. It's amazing how something simple like standing up/sitting down or clapping warms the body.

SDbison
11-26-2012, 02:12 AM

Freshman

Are they all 13 or something? Just some success envy coming through........speaking of 13, that is the total number of posters that participate on their bunny board. That is the f-ing joke. Their fan base is weak.......case in point the piss poor showing for their playoff game.

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:13 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/douche-bag-cat/u-mad-bro.jpg

Not sure if this was intentional, but this cat is obviously a Jackrabbit fan.

Tatanka
11-26-2012, 02:14 AM
If I may...you should see how it goes at CAS.

People sit there on their hands (or just don't show up) and complain about the cold. How about you stand and yell and clap then. It's amazing how something simple like standing up/sitting down or clapping warms the body.hey now, I've seen CAS stand and cheer on occasion. You've got a lot of nerve coming on here and calling out a bison hall of famer for not supporting oh wait a second what?

Tatanka
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Not sure if this was intentional, but this cat is obviously a Jackrabbit fan.are you saying Jackrabbit fans are obviously pussies? I'll hang up and wait for your affirmative answer.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:17 AM
are you saying Jackrabbit fans are obviously pussies? I'll hang up and wait for your affirmative answer.

and a + rep goes to

aces1180
11-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Didn't Tony help get their board going?

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:20 AM
are you saying Jackrabbit fans are obviously pussies? I'll hang up and wait for your affirmative answer.

Dang it...walked right into that one!

Also, it took me a second on your CAS post.

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:22 AM

Not sure in what capacity, but I believe that to be the case, yes.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:23 AM

Probably, its the exact same----I mean in structurally. Obviously, it sees less use.

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Probably, its the exact same----I mean in structurally. Obviously, it sees less use.

Better colors.

Also, to get back on topic, see my sig.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:26 AM

all of 11 posts by perhaps 4 posters have participated on the equivalent thread.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Better colors.

Also, to get back on topic, see my sig.

Not sure I see the point of comparing 2007 to 2012.
NDSU coming of a bye week
SDSU showing they could not handle the noise when it counted
NDSU loosing a key player, but gaining depth on the line (depth that was not there the first game)
NDSU having 2 healthy running backs

The leader of the D hurt
The starting running back hurt
playing in SD without a bye
having to throw the ball in a drizzly could day

Look, I am not one that thinks SD cannot beat ND, but I do know that anyone looking objectively at the game can see ND is in a much better position to win. More so ND has the better team. With saying that, the game is played for a reason.

aces1180
11-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Do I feel a hint of animosity here? This is almost starting to feel like a rivalry...Not even close to the level of UN_, but the bullshit feels the same!

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Look, I am not one that thinks SD cannot beat ND, but I do know that anyone looking objectively at the game can see ND is in a much better position to win. Moreso ND has the better team. With saying that, we play the game for a reason.

Agreed, but I saved my objective post for SDSUfans.com. Here, I'll go with "What the hell does USD and UND have to do with anything?"

UND certainly is a better team than USD.

I'll take SDS over NDS.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Do I feel a hint of animosity here? This is almost starting to feel like a rivalry...Not even close to the level of UN_, but the bullshit feels the same!

when not playing SU, used to kinda cheer for the jackoffs---a sorta kinship for going D1 type of thing i guess. However, two things pissed me off. One---the LP comment on AGS and the fact they think we pump noise into the dome. Oh I forgot, their town pissed me off this summer---no decent places to eat. And I thought GF was a shithole.

CAS4127
11-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Our LB's are too active for Zwnner to go off on us. Also, we have more defensive team speed on D than Jacks have on O. If our offensive plays solid, we win by 10 or more. That said, notice how neither to Jacks's fans nor us are talking about our offense?! After the two PO runs we have had, one would think talk off our I would be in the major mix. I look for our O to really shoe in PO's-->Kaddy bar the door until we run into a good D in the Natty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Agreed, but I saved my objective post for SDSUfans.com. Here, I'll go with "What the hell does USD and UND have to do with anything?"

UND certainly is a better team than USD.

I'll take SDS over NDS.

give me a break----put it in context of the thread. FYI----during playoff time , we don't even think of those teams, so form now on and or we are out you can assume ND is NDSU and SD is SDSU. Geeeesssshhh

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Our LB's are too active for Zwnner to go off on us. Also, we have more defensive team speed on D than Jacks have on O. If our offensive plays solid, we win by 10 or more. That said, notice how neither to Jacks's fans nor us are talking about our offense?! After the two PO runs we have had, one would think talk off our I would be in the major mix. I look for our O to really shoe in PO's-->Kaddy bar the door until we run into a good D in the Natty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cas, I am with you, but then I think of how many points we do put up a game. I have mixed feelings. I wonder do we see the return of Vraa, will we have an effective 2 backfield for 60 minutes, Does BJ learn to to use the pump fake ---I have seen him do it will he use it?

RowdyRabbit
11-26-2012, 02:54 AM
give me a break----put it in context of the thread. FYI----during playoff time , we don't even think of those teams, so form now on and or we are out you can assume ND is NDSU and SD is SDSU. Geeeesssshhh

It was just a goof...calm down. (I did see the original post, before edit.)

Long story short, I'm not about to come on your board and start talking crazy talk saying SDSU is gonna come in and whip up....just some light-hearted convo/smack.

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 02:57 AM
It was just a goof...calm down. (I did see the original post, before edit.)

Long story short, I'm not about to come on your board and start talking crazy talk saying SDSU is gonna come in and whip up....just some light-hearted convo/smack.

Ditto, its all good. Nothing else to do on Sunday night :)

No_Skill
11-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Ditto, its all good. Nothing else to do on Sunday night :)

Comic Book Men is on...

MAKBison
11-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Comic Book Men is on...

Note sure what that is.

Sunday night TV: HBO----yep; NFL---off and on; Then wait for the news. I'll have to force myself to expand a bit :)

MNLonghorn10
11-26-2012, 04:16 AM

Freshman

it's funny how they trash this forum. we know, it can't be as active as SDSUfans.com.

daddy daycare
11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
More options than out routes please.

bisonmike2
11-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Has it been confirmed that the Marker is not in play this game?

KSBisonFan
11-26-2012, 02:27 PM
More options than out routes please.

Fire out routes, save season!

BisonTeacher
11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Has it been confirmed that the Marker is not in play this game?

Have trophys ever been in play for a playoff or post season game? I don't ever remember the nickel being in play when we would face the school up north who must not be named in DII playoffs. Like if Minnesota and wisconsin ever were in the big ten championship.....lol nevermind.

ndsubisonx
11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
SDSUs win over EIU was somewhat impressive but EIU came from a mediocre conference. Add-in the fact that the weather conditions and running game favored the Jacks heavily and that equals their beat down. Jack fans will think because of that they have a good shot to win. If EIU played in the MVC would the even be .500? No. NDSU is coming off of a bye week and we have the coaching advantage. Jack fans will also say they will be well prepared for the dome atmosphere. The dome is much different in the playoffs with every seat filled die hards and no corporate season tickets. We dont have to win the turnover margin, we just cant give up tds off of those turnovers. Give us that extra week to get Vraa, Crockett, Bruhn and Grothman back to full strength and we're ready. Bison win 27-10

SDbison
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Has it been confirmed that the Marker is not in play this game? Are you seriously asking this question.....and why does anyone think a regular season trophy would be up for grabs in the post season? As far as I am concerned NDSU can give the bunnies the marker trophy as a consolation prize after the Bison stomp them in the playoffs.

SUPERBUNNY
11-26-2012, 02:58 PM
This should be a helluva, I mean WHALE of a game again. Would expect another tight contest with two really strong defenses dominating. The Jacks finally put it all together last week and it was impressive. Doing that at home and taking it into the F-Dome are two different things. The Jacks will be very confident and embrace the opportunity. They feel like they didn't give the Bison their best effort. The Bison didn't play to what they are capable of either.

I hate the dreaded cliches but if there is ever a game that will come down to special teams and turnovers, this is it!

Looking forward to making the trip and enjoying a great atmosphere! Also, looking forward to eating a big, celebratory Bison ribeye after the game!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

dragonsfan
11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
that sdsu/eiu game looked like the atmosphere of nemzek field, d2 team's. Hopefully NDSU dominate's and shows what D1 looks like on saturday.

devin45k
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
that sdsu/eiu game looked like the atmosphere of nemzek field, d2 team's. Hopefully NDSU dominate's and shows what D1 looks like on saturday.

It looked pretty bad...High school quality field and barely any fans in the stands...looked horrible for a playoff game.

bisonmike2
11-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Are you seriously asking this question.....and why does anyone think a regular season trophy would be up for grabs in the post season? As far as I am concerned NDSU can give the bunnies the marker trophy as a consolation prize after the Bison stomp them in the playoffs.

Yes I am seriously asking that question especially if it pisses you off. So is that a no then or are you saying yes?

BISONBRI53
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I know I saw this somewhere but cant find it now. Do you need to re reserve your tailgating spot(s) for playoff games? If so how much

NDSU '96
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
SDSUs win over EIU was somewhat impressive but EIU came from a mediocre conference. Add-in the fact that the weather conditions and running game favored the Jacks heavily and that equals their beat down. Jack fans will think because of that they have a good shot to win. If EIU played in the MVC would the even be .500? No. NDSU is coming off of a bye week and we have the coaching advantage. Jack fans will also say they will be well prepared for the dome atmosphere. The dome is much different in the playoffs with every seat filled die hards and no corporate season tickets. We dont have to win the turnover margin, we just cant give up tds off of those turnovers. Give us that extra week to get Vraa, Crockett, Bruhn and Grothman back to full strength and we're ready. Bison win 27-10The Jacks do have a good shot to win. As history has shown Bison fans, a solid defense will give you a good shot to win every game. I don't think they will pull it off, but they've got as good a shot than any, and a better shot than some that are playing on the road this weekend.

SDbison
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Here is the Argus Leader and Terry V's latest take on the game:

SDSU gets ready for rumble with Bison
It’s Round 2 times two for South Dakota State.
The first postseason win in school history – a 58-10 blowout of Eastern Illinois on Saturday – has set up a date with No. 1-ranked North Dakota State, the second in a month between the border rivals.
That familiarity should aid the No. 19 Jackrabbits in preparing for a second playoff game, something they’ve never had to do before.
“It’s a good situation to be in for your second playoff game,” coach John Stiegelmeier said.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121126/SPORTS0202/311260003/SDSU-gets-ready-rumble-Bison?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

bajadanny
11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
We will win the game, but we can't throw it to the other guys and we. Need to be much better than 6 for 16 for less than 100 yards, need a good mix of run pass and need to throw down field not always 5 yards down and out, can Oakland play? We need to create some seperation I would really like to see the fullback get in the mix

SDbison
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes I am seriously asking that question especially if it pisses you off. So is that a no then or are you saying yes? The question has been asked about a dozen time in several different threads. i think the obvious answer is no. And if something was going to happen we should hear about it before mid week. Never heard of any rivalry trophy up for grabs in the post season anywhere.

heffray
11-26-2012, 05:09 PM
The question has been asked about a dozen time in several different threads. i think the obvious answer is no. And if something was going to happen we should hear about it before mid week. Never heard of any rivalry trophy up for grabs in the post season anywhere.

I can't remember what year it was, but we played the school up north during the regular season and lost the nickel, but played them in the playoffs and rickrolled 'em, but we didn't win the nickel back. I don't think the marker is up for grabs on Saturday...

SDbison
11-26-2012, 05:10 PM
We will win the game, but we can't throw it to the other guys and we. Need to be much better than 6 for 16 for less than 100 yards, need a good mix of run pass and need to throw down field not always 5 yards down and out, can Oakland play? We need to create some seperation I would really like to see the fullback get in the mix My idea for best play ever would be to have a Bison receiver shadow Smith on his route then cut different ways. Chances are the other Bison reciever would be wide open as DB's would all follow Smith since that is Brock's favorite receiver.

Bisonator98
11-26-2012, 05:32 PM
My idea for best play ever would be to have a Bison receiver shadow Smith on his route then cut different ways. Chances are the other Bison reciever would be wide open as DB's would all follow Smith since that is Brock's favorite receiver.

Yeah and I can see Brock trying to force it to Smith anyway and watching another pick six the other way. He just can't seem to look away from Smith for some reason.

There is no reason to get fancy. Run the ball then run some more and keep running it until they decide to put 8 in the box to stop it. Pound the rock, play good defense and enjoy the win.

bisonmike2
11-26-2012, 05:33 PM
The question has been asked about a dozen time in several different threads. i think the obvious answer is no. And if something was going to happen we should hear about it before mid week. Never heard of any rivalry trophy up for grabs in the post season anywhere.

So is that a solid no or do we have some wriggle room here?

SDbison
11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I can't remember what year it was, but we played the school up north during the regular season and lost the nickel, but played them in the playoffs and rickrolled 'em, but we didn't win the nickel back. I don't think the marker is up for grabs on Saturday... Not sure, but could someone post that link to rickroll so others can enjoy?

Honeybooboo
11-26-2012, 06:04 PM
No they are not playing for the marker, that's the regular season only

344Johnson
11-26-2012, 06:22 PM
McFeely was on the radio this morning on my way in to work. I figured he'd blast NDSU fans for complaining like the other guy on the radio was.

Instead, he said we have every right to be disappointed in the matchup. He also said he thinks NDSU comes out a little pissed off and blasts these fools by multiple TD's. For the first time in my entire life, I hope McFoolz is right.

MNLonghorn10
11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
That familiarity should aid the No. 19 Jackrabbits in preparing for a second playoff game, something they’ve never had to do before.
“It’s a good situation to be in for your second playoff game,” coach John Stiegelmeier said.

yes stieg. i love that you and your team are familiar with losing in Fargo, and I'm glad to see you're in a great situation.

NDSUdonny
11-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I can't remember what year it was, but we played the school up north during the regular season and lost the nickel, but played them in the playoffs and rickrolled 'em, but we didn't win the nickel back. I don't think the marker is up for grabs on Saturday...

1995 I believe. The school up North scored the first 10, The Bison scored the last 41. If i remember correcly.

BisonTeacher
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
1995 I believe. The school up North scored the first 10, The Bison scored the last 41. If i remember correcly.

That one was at El forko correct?

CivilBison96
11-26-2012, 07:00 PM

1995 is correct, it was my senior year at SU and having sat through the cold when we lost 2 weeks before it was very sweet to run off 41 in a row after they were up 10-0 and the UN_ fans were in full douchemode.

NDSUstudent
11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
and the UN_ fans were in full douchemode.

They have other modes besides that?

TransAmBison
11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I want to see the 4th quarter Crockett from the Ill St game. The way he walked after a play...it was like he was full of...(wait for it)...swagger. I want to see more of that.

KC Bison
11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Pulled this from the SDSU website about the E. Illinois game...

"Overall, SDSU held a 580-366 advantage in total offense. SDSU improved to 1-1 in FCS playoff games and 1-2 in NCAA playoff games ... SDSU notched its first nine-win season since 1979, when the Jackrabbits made their lone appearance in the NCAA Division II playoffs ...attendance was 4,367."

Pathetic facts from the bunnies.. this was their first ever playoff win in FCS, they gave up 366 yards to a really bad team. This seems really hard to believe but from their site..they only made it to the DII playoffs once, they haven't had a 9-win season in 33 years, and attendance for a bunney FCS playoff game was less than 4,400.

BisonTeacher
11-26-2012, 07:19 PM
"Overall, SDSU held a 580-366 advantage in total offense. SDSU improved to 1-1 in FCS playoff games and 1-2 in NCAA playoff games ... SDSU notched its first nine-win season since 1979, when the Jackrabbits made their lone appearance in the NCAA Division II playoffs ...attendance was 4,367."

Pathetic facts from the bunnies.. this was their first ever playoff win in FCS, they gave up 366 yards to a really bad team. This seems really hard to believe but from their site..they only made it to the DII playoffs once, they haven't had a 9-win season in 33 years, and attendance for a bunney FCS playoff game was less than 4,400.

What? I read an article lately that said their football program has had a lot of success in recent seasons!

Okay I will let it go now. I had to take one last shot.

devin45k
11-26-2012, 07:28 PM

And their fan base is going to argue that they are on the same level :rofl:

NDSUdonny
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM
That one was at El forko correct?

Yeah, both games against them were in forks that year

ndsubisonx
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
wait. sdsu has only been to the playoffs 3 times including D2?

Tatanka
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
wait. sdsu has only been to the playoffs 3 times including D2?This is correct. 1 time in DII, 2 times in FCS.

MNLonghorn10
11-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I love reading sdsu fans clammoring they are the hot team nobody wants a piece of after they beat usd and some turd college.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

NDSUstudent
11-26-2012, 08:27 PM
They seem to think momentum is on their side....Did we not just beat USD, SIU, MSU, SDSU and ISUR to clinch the MVFC title outright?

devin45k
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
They seem to think momentum is on their side....Did we not just beat USD, SIU, MSU, SDSU and ISUR to clinch the MVFC title outright?

Apparently, a majority of their fans don't seem to remember

TransAmBison
11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Apparently, a majority of their fans don't seem to remember
:rofl: :rofl: Excuse me, but using the words "majority" and "fans" in a sentence about SDSU is misleading...it would be like saying Hammersmith knows a few things, or that THESocalledfan likes credit cards*, or that Tatanka has a face for radio but has made an appearance on tv.

*Should buy TAB a beer would also have been acceptable.

Wally
11-27-2012, 03:22 AM

Butmomentum.

ndsubisonx
11-27-2012, 04:10 AM
The Jacks do have a good shot to win. As history has shown Bison fans, a solid defense will give you a good shot to win every game. I don't think they will pull it off, but they've got as good a shot than any, and a better shot than some that are playing on the road this weekend.

a good shot to keep it a close game. they are coming into a hostile environment and playing the best defense in fcs. not to mention ndsu has the coaching edge and bohl is 10-1 off of bye weeks. ill say they do not have a good shot to win

bisonmike2
11-27-2012, 11:18 AM

You should grant some of your wisdom to Izzo because he brought up the marker in yesterday's media blog post.

loudsilverado
11-27-2012, 01:04 PM
The Nickel was never up for grabs in the playoffs, I don't get why people are thinking the Marker should be. People are dumb.

aces1180
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
The Nickel was never up for grabs in the playoffs, I don't get why people are thinking the Marker should be. People are dumb.

Agreed...It's not the Marker game, its a playoff game!

devin45k
11-27-2012, 01:10 PM

Winning the marker, means keeping it for a full year until the next marker game.....Not just until we play the same team again.

loudsilverado
11-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Winning the marker, means keeping it for a full year until the next marker game.....Not just until we play the same team again.

Exactly my point

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I wonder how many people on here were mad about UN_ not putting the Nickel up in the 1995 playoffs? I bet it is somewhere in the 100% range. I remember hearing the talk when I was in school at NDSU at the time. Everyone was mad about it.

loudsilverado
11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I wonder how many people on here were mad about UN_ not putting the Nickel up in the 1995 playoffs? I bet it is somewhere in the 100% range. I remember hearing the talk when I was in school at NDSU at the time. Everyone was mad about it.

No one I know was mad, we knew it wasn't up for grabs.

NDSU '96
11-27-2012, 02:05 PM
The Nickel was never up for grabs in the playoffs, I don't get why people are thinking the Marker should be. People are dumb. Hey now, Coach Hager thought we should have had the nickel. Was he dumb for thinking that?

CalBison97
11-27-2012, 02:09 PM

I was one of those SU students at that time ripping my UN_ buddies about NOT wanting to play for the Nickel. I suppose I shouldn't be hypocritical. If it fires our team up even more, then it's a must.

344Johnson
11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
After spending some time on SDSUfans,

ButtPenalties, Butt12men, ButtBeating2AwfulTeams

devin45k
11-27-2012, 02:25 PM

That's all their flakey fan base does is make excuses

BisonNation11
11-27-2012, 02:32 PM

I read over there somewhere that some people didn't want to go to the home game against USD because it was going to be a full house... Isn't that what you want for your program and don't you want to be a part of that? Found that interesting. I also found it interesting that they aren't trying to play the underdog role. As good as their team may be, I think the Bison used that to an advantage the last two years. I'd be willing to use anything to try and help generate a win.

EndZoneQB
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I read over there somewhere that some people didn't want to go to the home game against USD because it was going to be a full house... Isn't that what you want for your program and don't you want to be a part of that? Found that interesting. I also found it interesting that they aren't trying to play the underdog role. As good as their team may be, I think the Bison used that to an advantage the last two years. I'd be willing to use anything to try and help generate a win.

You've obviously never been to Coughlin-Alumni...full house or not. Like 3 porta shitters and a ND 9-man football-style concession stand.

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I was one of those SU students at that time ripping my UN_ buddies about NOT wanting to play for the Nickel. I suppose I shouldn't be hypocritical. If it fires our team up even more, then it's a must.

I think I remember an opinion piece in the Spectrum about it. I was in the education/physical education department at the time and I remember people were very ticked about them being sissies about it. It was a travesty...at the time. We all "knew it wasn't up for grabs" but it didn't change that fact the the Head coach and Bison Nation at the time wanted to play for the Nickel again that year. Interesting is all, considering where we are today...shoe...other foot...new perspective now. Veddy Eeenterdesting Eeendeed!

BisonNation11
11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
You've obviously never been to Coughlin-Alumni...full house or not. Like 3 porta shitters and a ND 9-man football-style concession stand.

Oh I've been down there for two games and frankly it's scary. But the only way to get something new is to prove you deserve it. Plus, to a certain extent on ticket prices, I will be doing everything in my power to make it to home Bison games until I die because as a fan it's something I want to be a part of. If that means we start hanging people from the roof to get more seats, so be it. Nothing will stop me from being there.

aces1180
11-27-2012, 03:44 PM

It's the same bull crap that was said last year by JMU, Lehigh and GSU fans...I expect the same outcome this year.

devin45k
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
It's the same bull crap that was said last year by JMU, Lehigh and GSU fans...I expect the same outcome this year.

Now that's the what I like to hear!

That's exactly how the JMU, Lehigh, and GSU fans were last year. They discredited numerous things and when they couldn't find anything else to discredit, they would discredit North Dakota knowing how to play football.

"Well NDSU hasn't seen anything team X's (fill in blank)"

aces1180
11-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Confirmed by Izzo on Twitter...The Marker is NOT at stake for this game.

heffray
11-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Confirmed by Izzo on Twitter...The Marker is NOT at stake for this game.

Well, then it MUST be true...

aces1180
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Well, then it MUST be true...

Confirmed by Kolpack too if you want more sources.

heffray
11-27-2012, 05:46 PM

no disrespect, aces, i just don't understand why we are even talking about this. trophy games are during the regular season, if they happen to meet in the playoffs, it's just a playoff game. There's enough to play for...

bisonmike2
11-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Ehhh, I'm still doubtful. I'm waiting for SD to chime in on the subject before I can feel confident that I know for sure.

BisonNeil
11-27-2012, 05:58 PM

God I love a good belly laugh at lunch time. Thanks!!

aces1180
11-27-2012, 06:01 PM
no disrespect, aces, i just don't understand why we are even talking about this. trophy games are during the regular season, if they happen to meet in the playoffs, it's just a playoff game. There's enough to play for...

Well, I was on the side from the beginning that the trophy would not be at stake, so take that for what it is worth...

BisonNation11
11-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, I was on the side from the beginning that the trophy would not be at stake, so take that for what it is worth...

Until Izzo and Kolpack tweet for conformation, it's worth nothing... :hide:

bisonmike2
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Until Izzo and Kolpack tweet for conformation, it's worth nothing... :hide:

Until the game kicks off, I'll still be skeptical. Who's to say that right after the pre-game handshake we won't see Bohl go over to the PA, grab the microphone and proclaim to the crowd:

"All right you Fargo jabronies, this is what's going down! We're gonna blow the lid of this place and we're going to kick SDSU's ass right out the top of it! I'm so confident, I'm willing to put the Rock on the line! Can you smell-elelelelel what the Rock.... is cooking?! Peace, I'm out." (drops the mic and walks away as the crowd goes crazy)

KilldeerBison
11-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Until the game kicks off, I'll still be skeptical. Who's to say that right after the pre-game handshake we won't see Bohl go over to the PA, grab the microphone and proclaim to the crowd:

"All right you Fargo jabronies, this is what's going down! We're gonna blow the lid of this place and we're going to kick SDSU's ass right out the top of it! I'm so confident, I'm willing to put the Rock on the line! Can you smell-elelelelel what the Rock.... is cooking?! Peace, I'm out." (drops the mic and walks away as the crowd goes crazy)

I would pay three times the ticket price to see/hear this, that there was some funny stuff!! (can you sme-elelel-lalala what the ROCK is cooking?) I can't stop laughing thinking about it. Good one, post of the day.

TAILG8R
11-27-2012, 07:09 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZiuMbN7f3L0/SubKiAG6yZI/AAAAAAAAAYo/RIZKvz9ul24/s400/dead_rabbit.jpg

Bisonator98
11-27-2012, 07:13 PM

Rep to you sir. Well done! :rofl:

bison_by_blood
11-27-2012, 07:24 PM

This^ + "Finallllly the Rock has come back to Fargoooo" + "I'm gonna take this football, turn that sumabitch sideways and stick straight up their candy ass"

aces1180
11-27-2012, 07:28 PM

"All right you Fargo jabronies, this is what's going down! We're gonna blow the lid of this place and we're going to kick SDSU's ass right out the top of it! I'm so confident, I'm willing to put the Rock on the line! Can you smell-elelelelel what the Rock.... is cooking?! Annnndddd that's the bottom line, cause Craig Bohl said so...(Flips off Stig, kick to his gut, Stone Cold Stunner, drinks beer, talks trash)

As a huge fan of the WWE, I had to add a few steps to your excellent post.

BisonNation11
11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
And because I'm very superstitious, I'm calling on Scooter to provide us with a great blog again before this epic battle!

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2012, 08:18 PM

Good point, except their fans kept coming on our board (or AGS) and telling us that they had some guy or some system that we couldn't stop and haven't seen before. At least the bunnies stay on their own board. And those that are coming on here are certainly not saying we can't stop Zenner. Since we ate him up the last time we played.

MNLonghorn10
11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
This^ + "Finallllly the Rock has come back to Fargoooo" + "I'm gonna take this football, turn that sumabitch sideways and stick straight up their candy ass"

And after we beat them down...we'll send their sorry asses on back to the smackdown hotel!

MNLonghorn10
11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Jacks 52

bison 10

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2012, 08:24 PM

And this guy puts the Rock, Stone Cold, and the rest to shame: (raspiest voice ever here) Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaah! There is going to be retrubution for LeVon Perry, Ohhh yeeeaah! Dig it!

wow
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Good point, except their fans kept coming on our board (or AGS) and telling us that they had some guy or some system that we couldn't stop and haven't seen before. At least the bunnies stay on their own board. And those that are coming on here are certainly not saying we can't stop Zenner. Since we ate him up the last time we played.

I won't say you can't stop Zenner, but to say you ate a guy up who carried 14 times is a stretch, IMO.

BisonNation11
11-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I won't say you can't stop Zenner, but to say you ate a guy up who carried 14 times is a stretch, IMO.

How's this... The Bison took him out of the game.

bisonaudit
11-27-2012, 09:15 PM

You've got to ask yourself, "Self, why did they only give Zenner the ball 14 times? We were never down by more than 10 points, it's not as if we needed to abandon the run."

devin45k
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM

SDSU
Zenner averaged 3.1 YPC (14 carries)
Sumner averaged 0.2 YPC (12 carries)

VS

NDSU
Ojuri averaged 3.9 YPC (19 carries)
Jensen averaged 4.8 YPC (14 carries)

Total Yard Rushing
SDSU - 46
NDSU - 171

Tatanka
11-27-2012, 09:28 PM
SDSU
Zenner averaged 3.1 YPC (14 carries)
Sumner averaged 0.2 YPC (12 carries)

VS

NDSU
Ojuri averaged 3.9 YPC (19 carries)
Jensen averaged 4.8 YPC (14 carries)

Total Yard Rushing
SDSU - 46
NDSU - 171

He's right. The Bison didn't eat up Zenner, the Bison ate up their entire running game.

MAKBison
11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Here is a taste of what the jackoffs are laying down over at bunnyville:

Danger41
Junior

I can't fathom how so many NDSU fans don't see the Jacks as a legitimate threat and not some minor inconvenience enroute to National Championship glory. Especially after that EIU game. I've seen baby seal clubbings that were less one sided than that game. And don't try to convince me that EIU was that bad. The Jacks made them look that bad.

EIU is not NDSU. The Fargodome is not Coughlin. I get all of that and they're valid points. However, NDSU is not invincible. Even at home. Ask ISU-B.

Another hilarious point that is repeatedly brought up by the Bison faithful: The 2nd half of their last game. You would think that they were struck blind on the road to Damascus or something with how miraculous their performance was. They have one recent half of great offensive football, which is sufficient momentum, to guarantee a win. The Jacks have 2 STRAIGHT GAMES of highly dominant football (including a playoff win), which isn't enough momentum.

Oh well, I hope the team summons enough courage to step off the bus and into the Fargodome.

BisonTeacher
11-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Yep...2 straight games of offensive dominance...against EIU and USD. Talk about baby seal clubbing!

devin45k
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Yep...2 straight games of offensive dominance...against EIU and USD. Talk about baby seal clubbing!

He fails to mention, that we were more dominant against USD also.

BisonNation11
11-27-2012, 09:55 PM

Danger41
Junior

I can't fathom how so many NDSU fans don't see the Jacks as a legitimate threat and not some minor inconvenience enroute to National Championship glory. Especially after that EIU game. I've seen baby seal clubbings that were less one sided than that game. And don't try to convince me that EIU was that bad. The Jacks made them look that bad.

EIU is not NDSU. The Fargodome is not Coughlin. I get all of that and they're valid points. However, NDSU is not invincible. Even at home. Ask ISU-B.

Another hilarious point that is repeatedly brought up by the Bison faithful: The 2nd half of their last game. You would think that they were struck blind on the road to Damascus or something with how miraculous their performance was. They have one recent half of great offensive football, which is sufficient momentum, to guarantee a win. The Jacks have 2 STRAIGHT GAMES of highly dominant football (including a playoff win), which isn't enough momentum.

Oh well, I hope the team summons enough courage to step off the bus and into the Fargodome.

Oh it gets better. They can't even leave the smack talk on the field.

SF_Rabbit_Fan
Join Date Sep 2005
Posts 1,971

When was the last time our football players were charged with election fraud or robbing a best buy?

buttwolters?

1st&TennBison
11-27-2012, 10:02 PM

There is a reason why he only carried it 14 times, it's because the defense was eating him up. SDSU knew he wasn't working out well in that game so they pretty much stopped using him.

MNLonghorn10
11-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Danger41
Junior

odds are that that guy wasn't even born when the OVC last won a playoff game

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2012, 10:35 PM

Nomination for preposterous statement of the year!! :rofl: Priceless!

BisonTeacher
11-27-2012, 11:15 PM
And because I'm very superstitious, I'm calling on Scooter to provide us with a great blog again before this epic battle!

you had to bring superstition into this huh...ok well then I better post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yht6nbQ_xNA

ndsubisonx
11-27-2012, 11:21 PM

what??????

IzzyFlexion
11-28-2012, 12:02 AM
First time that a Bison team has played back to back home games vs the same team.

BisonTeacher
11-28-2012, 12:25 AM
First time that a Bison team has played back to back home games vs the same team.

Aright...who hacked Izzy's account? This doesn't seem like a normal Izzy post.

NDSUdonny
11-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Nomination for preposterous statement of the year!! :rofl: Priceless!

Agreed. Maybe if it ever worked they would have given him the ball more

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-28-2012, 01:21 AM
We win by 2 touchdowns.

Wally
11-28-2012, 01:41 AM

Total Defense in FCS out of 121 teams
#72--USD
#104--EIU
#115--who

Scoring Defense in FCS out of 121 teams
#93--USD
#109--EIU
#102--who

Bisonguy
11-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Total Defense in FCS out of 121 teams
#1--NDSU
#72--USD
#104--EIU
#115--who

Scoring Defense in FCS out of 121 teams
#1--NDSU
#93--USD
#109--EIU
#102--who

I added NDSU to you post just in case some SDSU fans might wonder where the Bison defense is ranked in comparison to their most recent competition.

NDSU1980
11-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Bison win 34-17. I can't imagine this game going any other way.

BisonNation11
11-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Bison win 34-17. I can't imagine this game going any other way.

If we start as fast as we did the last time we played them except put up TD's, I honestly think it could get away pretty fast. If we don't score seven points on either of the first two drives, we could be in for a long day.

Strategery
11-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Anyone think of the possibility of shirting up this guy for the game? His head's in the right place...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEUDzIrEQE

onbison09
11-28-2012, 05:18 AM

Yeah! Where's the stuff about chicks?! http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11055/264660-beavis_large.jpg

SamsRams
11-28-2012, 06:01 AM
are these being printed for the game or are these old?

https://twitter.com/lapeterson07/status/273630090334703617

BisonNation11
11-28-2012, 06:20 AM

I saw them being sold by some people at tailgating at the last SDSU game.

bisonmike2
11-28-2012, 11:09 AM

Those are awesome. #fuckinghiliaious #chickneedstochillout #whatthelliswithallthesehashtags

IzzyFlexion
11-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Anyone think of the possibility of shirting up this guy for the game? His head's in the right place...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEUDzIrEQE

I absolutely love your avatar/user name......but I'm afraid I have to trump your Elmer Fudd video. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQakB0Nivo

IzzyFlexion
11-28-2012, 12:34 PM

Yeah! Where's the stuff about chicks?! http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11055/264660-beavis_large.jpg

Allllll-right sirs......
Fear not, I'm continue to be a perverted old sack of sh!t. That being said, I will now post some pictures of my new new girlfriend. These were taken in Venice. A little weekend getaway during the bye week.

http://images.excaliburfilms.com/pornlist/starpicsAA020309/Katie_Morgan.jpghttps://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1629954801/image.jpg
http://content9.flixster.com/photo/13/64/59/13645991_ori.jpghttp://www.cwomen.com/pictures/katie-morgan-0003.jpg
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/katie-morgan-26.jpg?w=500&h=281http://www.geofffox.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/katie_morgan.jpg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOYbazgK-7b2yhVZph0ur-xp4CFii6wUH4V6mVU7CX8QhZ30ZPZmQV7d0rBQhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy0wFukFSc8ln6ymNgQu-UEYnFHgs0gOit0rTeUt7lQ0pQ8ODM

GradBison
11-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Those are awesome. #fuckinghiliaious #chickneedstochillout #whatthelliswithallthesehashtags

Apparently that chick got tickets to the game. #disappointedwithbisonnation

https://twitter.com/lapeterson07/status/273794256546713600

MNLonghorn10
11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
#shewillbeoverwhelmedwiththefargodomesconcessionse lections

aces1180
11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
#doesanybodywanttogohoggin'?

devin45k
11-28-2012, 02:41 PM
#shewillbeoverwhelmedwiththefargodomesconcessionse lections

#shewillnotunderstandthatateamcanhavemorethan4kfan sataplayoffgame

Tatanka
11-28-2012, 02:46 PM
#someonebetterfeedherbeforeshearrivesatthedomebeca usetheresnonaturalgrasstograzeon

TransAmBison
11-28-2012, 02:51 PM
#shesonaseefooddiet

GradBison
11-28-2012, 03:10 PM
The last page of posts = #meangirls

IzzyFlexion
11-28-2012, 03:12 PM
#withholdingjudgementuntiliseehertitswhatsectionis shein?#

GRAFTONBISON
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
#withholdingjudgementuntiliseehertitswhatsectionis shein?#

Was waiting for this!! Nice meeting you at the Gastropub. I should have asked you to join us. :facepalm:

MNLonghorn10
11-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Was waiting for this!! Nice meeting you at the Gastropub. I should have asked you to join us. :facepalm:

He wouldve scared everybody off

PlainsBison
11-28-2012, 03:37 PM
It would be fun if everyone in the crowd wore Elmer Fudd caps to the game, with the ear flappers down (might need that for protection purposes with as loud as it is going to be). Too bad NDSU doesn't sell green or yellow Elmer Fudd caps. I think they would make a million.

TAILG8R
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
It would be fun if everyone in the crowd wore Elmer Fudd caps to the game, with the ear flappers down (might need that for protection purposes with as loud as it is going to be). Too bad NDSU doesn't sell green or yellow Elmer Fudd caps. I think they would make a million.

Oh but they do, I have one with the NDSU logo on it.

This is not the one I have (http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1091877&num=0&start=1&end=10&type=1&CategoryName=Headwear&CatID=1325&Name=Headwear), mine is solid green.

BisonTeacher
11-28-2012, 04:12 PM
What the heck is a hashtag?

wow
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh but they do, I have one with the NDSU logo on it.

This is not the one I have (http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1091877&num=0&start=1&end=10&type=1&CategoryName=Headwear&CatID=1325&Name=Headwear), mine is solid green.

This is amazing. Well done by whoever came up with that.

HerdBot
11-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Not sure if this has been posted but Terry V and Kolpack

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/post/36730853696/too-much-tv-sdsu-vs-ndsu-round-2

TAILG8R
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM

It is a newborn's first name apparently (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/remains-unclear-hashtag-infant-actual-post-twitter-themed-spoof-article-1.1209420?localLinksEnabled=false).

HerdBot
11-28-2012, 04:42 PM

Its a price tag label at a medical marijuana store

NDSUdonny
11-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Apparently that chick got tickets to the game. #disappointedwithbisonnation

https://twitter.com/lapeterson07/status/273794256546713600

Let's all tweet the b*tch after Satuday's beatdown and make her cry

wow
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/30897828.jpg

SDbison
11-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Not sure if this has been posted but Terry V and Kolpack

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/post/36730853696/too-much-tv-sdsu-vs-ndsu-round-2This (http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/post/36730853696/too-much-tv-sdsu-vs-ndsu-round-2[/QUOTE]This) week on the Too Much TV podcast, North Dakota State beat writer Jeff Kolpack of The Forum newspaper joins us to talk about the second Bison vs. Jacks football game in the last month - and the first playoff pairing ever.Included: Why the heck are these teams meeting so early in the Football Championship Subdivision postseason and how might this game differ from the last one.

I can answer the questions:
Why the heck are these teams meeting so early in the Football Championship Subdivision postseason and how might this game differ from the last one.............
Because the Bison want to beat the bunnies twice in one season, and this time will be different as the Bison will piss pound the bunnies and win by 14 points or more!

wow
11-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I can answer the questions:
Why the heck are these teams meeting so early in the Football Championship Subdivision postseason and how might this game differ from the last one.............
Because the Bison want to beat the bunnies twice in one season, and this time will be different as the Bison will piss pound the bunnies and win by 14 points or more!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! Since when does a 14 point game equate to a piss pounding. You guys crack me up.

SDbison
11-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh, how the mighty have fallen! Since when does a 14 point game equate to a piss pounding. You guys crack me up. I did say 14points or more, and the point difference doesnt always reflect the physical beating on the field. It will be a smashmouth game, but I really believe the Bison overall have better athletes, better conditioning and better coaching! By the 4th quarter the bunnies will be ready to get back on the bus and head back to their hole in Brookings.

BisonTeacher
11-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh, how the mighty have fallen! Since when does a 14 point game equate to a piss pounding. You guys crack me up.

Maybe they meant we clearly are the better team on the field but the score is within 14 points only because they thought there would be some "offensive mishaps"? :hide:

I keed I keed!

devin45k
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I did say 14points or more, and the point difference doesnt always reflect the physical beating on the field. It will be a smashmouth game, but I really believe the Bison overall have better athletes, better conditioning and better coaching! By the 4th quarter the bunnies will be ready to get back on the bus and head back to their hole in Brookings.

And a better fanbase :biggrin:

wow
11-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I did say 14points or more, and the point difference doesnt always reflect the physical beating on the field. It will be a smashmouth game, but I really believe the Bison overall have better athletes, better conditioning and better coaching! By the 4th quarter the bunnies will be ready to get back on the bus and head back to their hole in Brookings.

I sometimes get the impression that if NDSU wins by 1 point and Jensen doesn't throw any picks, some would consider it a piss pounding. I guess I can admire that fanhood.

bisonmike2
11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
I sometimes get the impression that if NDSU wins by 1 point and Jensen doesn't throw any picks, some would consider it a piss pounding. I guess I can admire that fanhood.

Well if you score 14 points in the final 30 seconds to get it to within 1, then yeah I could see a 1pt victory being a piss pounding.

EndZoneQB
11-28-2012, 07:11 PM

You obviously haven't been on the board after close wins. It might as well have been a blowout loss.

KSBisonFan
11-28-2012, 07:12 PM
You obviously haven't been on the board after close wins. It might as well have been a blowout loss.

FIFY.....#meltdown

EndZoneQB
11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
FIFY.....#meltdown

Whoops, thats what I meant.

BisonTeacher
11-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Whoops, thats what I meant.

YOu guys and all this hashtaggery!!!

KC Bison
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I admit I have never seen a game in Brookings but I was somewhat surprised by the "football stadium" I saw in TV last week. It looked more like a high school practice facility. I now understand the Missouri kid who committed to SDSU before visiting the campus. He drove to Brookings, looked at their facilities, and drove back home, never to return.

DjKyRo
11-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Not to be that guy, but can we get some of the NSFW images off the thread on page 18? That didn't go over great in a packed IACC.

TransAmBison
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Not to be that guy, but can we get some of the NSFW images off the thread on page 18? That didn't go over great in a packed IACC.I only go to page 11...how can this be?

DjKyRo
11-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I only go to page 11...how can this be?

Less posts-per-page for me. Here's the post in question. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29100-2012-FCS-Playoffs-Round-2-SDSU-Game&p=684134#post684134

See-through bras - great in real life, less so when viewed unknowingly on a public computer.

344Johnson
11-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Less posts-per-page for me. Here's the post in question. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29100-2012-FCS-Playoffs-Round-2-SDSU-Game&p=684134#post684134

See-through bras - great in real life, less so when viewed unknowingly on a public computer.

Same happened to me at Biolife today. I hit the page down button in an effort to avoid being looked at goofy by the lady pulling a needle out.

G_Funky
11-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I find it interesting when reading the sdsu forum how many of their fans attribute their certain victory to the Bison having "all the pressure." This is the friggin playoffs man, if your sh*t isn't turned up a little bit you have no business being there. Of course there is pressure, if you lose its go home and make excuses that no one cares about. The Bison are in prime position because this is their 3rd appearance in as many years, and they know how to get it done. They rolled the competition in the dome last year and to be honest I don't see a reason why they aren't primed to do so again this year. This is the bunnies third appearance in the playoffs EVER! With their first playoff win EVER coming last weekend. In my opinion the pressure is on them. Last time they were in this situation (2009) they pissed it down their leg, hard. Don't get me wrong, SDSU is a capable opponent, but this is the playoffs who isn't (except pry EIU?) This team has constantly found ways to win whether it be a well timed drive by the offense or a big turnover by the defense and I think that truly is a sign of a great TEAM. I personally will take any victory in any playoff game and my head will be just as high regardless. Hell, I'd even take being down 27 in the 3rd quarter only to put up over 60 and win by 2 touchdowns...:hide:

EndZoneQB
11-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Same happened to me at Biolife today. I hit the page down button in an effort to avoid being looked at goofy by the lady pulling a needle out.

You really think that lowly of yourself huh? And why would she care if you were looking at NSFW pics while she was handling your "needle"?

TransAmBison
11-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah, wouldn't want to give her the wrong impression.*

*That you were straight.

jackrabbit1979
11-28-2012, 08:07 PM
I admit I have never seen a game in Brookings but I was somewhat surprised by the "football stadium" I saw in TV last week. It looked more like a high school practice facility. I now understand the Missouri kid who committed to SDSU before visiting the campus. He drove to Brookings, looked at their facilities, and drove back home, never to return.

Who was this kid?

tony
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Think of the children!

I made this thread SFW (as far as I know.)

bisonmike2
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Who was this kid?

He's KC Bison. A nice guy who's been on Bisonville for several years now, but that's not the point. The point he was making is that your facilities are not that great.

ndsubisonx
11-28-2012, 08:15 PM

lol. i tweeted her. she hasnt responded haha

GradBison
11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
lol. i tweeted her. she hasnt responded haha

Twittergate 2012 is on.

lol @ https://twitter.com/5CINCO5/status/273440924577697793
Apparently this is from a Jack's WR.

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/ae20b3dc38a211e2b06022000a9e289e_7.jpg

TAILG8R
11-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Twittergate 2012 is on.

Is that so they can look up to it while they are working out reminding them of what team to emulate if you want to be champions? Or is that tied up that high so they can all kiss it while they enter the weight room?

tcbison
11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Twittergate 2012 is on.

That is the receiver that fumbled in the last Bison/Jacks game. He was pounding the turf for like a minute afterward.

aces1180
What a bunch of dumb asses...

The Bison players will more than likely remain silent, acting like they have been here before (they have) and let their talking be on the field...After they kick their butts back to Brookings, I expect the reaction to be "We expected to win. Who's next?"

aces1180
That is the receiver that fumbled in the last Bison/Jacks game. He was pounding the turf for like a minute afterward.

Someone pointed that out to him on his post...Very funny.

TAILG8R
11-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Someone pointed that out to him on his post...Very funny.

It's funny that 5 out of the 6 responses are Bison fans either reminding him about his fumble or telling him he is going to get beat this weekend. Go Jacks!

BisonNation11
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Twittergate 2012 is on.

Just a helmet to hang? Athletic department can't afford to at least buy a buffalo head? I was surprised to actually see two decent squat stations in the background.

Strategery
11-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I absolutely love your avatar/user name......but I'm afraid I have to trump your Elmer Fudd video. :biggrin:
I appreciate it. And kudos to you (and Seth MacFarlane)... Your video wins :rofl:

KSBisonFan
11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Just a helmet to hang? Athletic department can't afford to at least buy a buffalo head? I was surprised to actually see two decent squat stations in the background.

They couldn't even afford the cheek pads for the helmet much less a buffalo head....

CivilBison96
11-28-2012, 08:55 PM
And that's a old helmet from the "Snorty" era.

NDSUstudent
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
As usual SDSU is looking up towards the Bison......

KilldeerBison
11-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Notice you don't see these same types of posts comming from NDSU, shows a certain level of class and discipline. I don't think we'll be seeing any pictures/shenanigans from inside the Bison workout room anytime soon, at least not from Bison players.

G_Funky
11-28-2012, 09:04 PM

no biggie...the bsa only has like 20...

NDSUstudent
11-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Notice you don't see these same types of posts comming from NDSU, shows a certain level of class and discipline. I don't think we'll be seeing any pictures/shenanigans from inside the Bison workout room anytime soon, at least not from Bison players.

This is all that has ever been needed....

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/400/CV/CVMDWABVGASUMDE.20120403162953.JPG

BisonTeacher
11-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Twittergate 2012 is on.

If that SDSU's attempt at motivation...we should do well on Saturday.

EndZoneQB
11-28-2012, 09:28 PM
If that SDSU's attempt at motivation...we should do well on Saturday.

Yeahhh, that might be cute in the off-season to help them "work harder" knowing that was the team that ended their season...but..err..nevermind. Overwork yourselves the week of a playoff game. Perfect.

jackrabbit1979
11-28-2012, 09:37 PM
He's KC Bison. A nice guy who's been on Bisonville for several years now, but that's not the point. The point he was making is that your facilities are not that great.

All understood. I was asking who was the recruit from KC that committed, visited, and then de-committed. I don't remember that.

Bison"FANatic"
11-28-2012, 09:43 PM
What a bunch of dumb asses...

The Bison players will more than likely remain silent, acting like they have been here before (they have) and let their talking be on the field...After they kick their butts back to Brookings, I expect the reaction to be "We expected to win. Who's next?"

I did see this though

"Let us be reminded of what was done to Leevon Perry..."

MNLonghorn10
11-28-2012, 10:06 PM
i'll just put this here

http://vimeo.com/54451736#

lol @ the stands.

no way there was 4k people there just from those shots.

tjbison
11-28-2012, 10:21 PM

Yeah they hang helmets we hang banners

tjbison
11-28-2012, 10:24 PM
i'll just put this here

lol @ the stands.

:facepalm2::rofl::rofl:

TAILG8R
11-28-2012, 11:19 PM
i'll just put this here

lol @ the stands.

Lmao at the stands! "Go big" "Go blue" hmm I know I've heard something similar to that before, but where?

devin45k
11-28-2012, 11:26 PM
i'll just put this here

lol @ the stands.

lololololololololol all I saw was empty stands! What a joke!

Our preview was a 100 times better!

TAILG8R
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
lololololololololol all I saw was empty stands! What a joke!

Our preview was a 100 times better!

100? That's a definite understatement.

devin45k
11-28-2012, 11:42 PM
100? That's a definite understatement.

I guess I would have to agree

NDSU1980
11-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Lmao at the stands! "Go big" "Go blue" hmm I know I've heard something similar to that before, but where?When they started to say "Go Big", I honestly expected them to say "Go big or go home". That would fit with those empty stands, everyone went home.

BisonTeacher
11-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Good god is it Saturday yet??????

devin45k
11-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Good god is it Saturday yet??????

Yeah...been on here too much waiting for it. nom saiyon

HerdBot
11-29-2012, 04:07 AM
this has probably been posted but Stig and Sumner interview... http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

KSBisonFan
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
FYI....Standing Room Only tickets are available out on GoBison right now!!!