PDA

View Full Version : NYC watching

CarringtonBison
11-25-2012, 12:39 AM
The wifey planned a trip this weekend before I realized it was a first round playoff game. We are going to be in times square Saturday. Any suggestions on where I might be able to watch it? Will espn3 be an option? Can gameplan be bought online?

Thanks in advance.

tony
11-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll try to find out, CarringtonBison, because the wife and I might be in the same boat. Gotta be some sports bars with ESPN3 access in the Times Square area.

Too bad ESPN Zone closed.

gumby013
11-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I can recommend Feile. http://www.feilenyc.com/

33rd, between 6th and 7th.

I know they have ESPN 3, and Gameplan. They are the NYC home bar for the Washington Huskies, so there won't be a competing game. Also, the food is excellent. Go for the lamb sandwich or the skirt steak salad.

I would recommend giving them a call. They are very accommodating for the fringe sporting events.

CarringtonBison
11-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Excellent, thanks for the help. I thought of the espn zone as well, but saw that they closed-SNAP!

And obviously if you find something Tony, we can certainly take in the game together if you are down in the area.

I will call Feile and see what they say also.

SamsRams
11-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I'll try to find out, CarringtonBison, because the wife and I might be in the same boat. Gotta be some sports bars with ESPN3 access in the Times Square area.

Too bad ESPN Zone closed.

You don't need espn3 u need gameplan which is easier to find

bisonfannyc
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello,

I contacted Feile (www.feilenyc.com) on 33rd St between 6th & 7th Ave about hosting a Bison watch party. The manager, Mark, called me back and said they would reserve seating for 10-15 people starting around 3:30 and show the game with sound via Gameplan. I have a crew of about 6 people that will be watching the game there, we plan to arrive around 3:00. I contacted Nona Mack at the alumni association about posting the location as the official NYC watch party.

I hope to see everyone there. Go Bison!!!

tony
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Hello,

I contacted Feile (www.feilenyc.com (http://www.feilenyc.com)) on 33rd St between 6th & 7th Ave about hosting a Bison watch party. The manager, Mark, called me back and said they would reserve seating for 10-15 people starting around 3:30 and show the game with sound via Gameplan. I have a crew of about 6 people that will be watching the game there, we plan to arrive around 3:00. I contacted Nona Mack at the alumni association about posting the location as the official NYC watch party.

Thanks for the work on that! I'll do my dangedest to get there.

gumby013
11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I contacted Feile (www.feilenyc.com) on 33rd St between 6th & 7th Ave about hosting a Bison watch party. The manager, Mark, called me back and said they would reserve seating for 10-15 people starting around 3:30 and show the game with sound via Gameplan. I have a crew of about 6 people that will be watching the game there, we plan to arrive around 3:00. I contacted Nona Mack at the alumni association about posting the location as the official NYC watch party.

Count me in too.

THEsocalledfan
11-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the work on that! I'll do my dangedest to get there.

Are you going to make any playoff games if NDSU moves on?

NFH Schlüssel
11-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Hello,

I might join you guys! I have to do some logistical checking on how to get up there from the Philly area. Anyone know if NJT trains are back up running into NYC? They were not running last week for Thanksgiving - so I hear. Or, should I consider one of those Chinatown buses the students talk about?

Just checked the alumni site... nothing about it being an official watch party.

gumby013
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
I might join you guys! I have to do some logistical checking on how to get up there from the Philly area. Anyone know if NJT trains are back up running into NYC? They were not running last week for Thanksgiving - so I hear. Or, should I consider one of those Chinatown buses the students talk about?

Just checked the alumni site... nothing about it being an official watch party.

Northeast corridor trains are back up and running, with some minor delays. Not sure about the weekend schedule though.

Chinatown buses would be cheaper, and come with more interesting smells.

bisonfannyc
11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
The NYC watch party information is now up on the alumni website.

thundarsdaddy
11-26-2012, 09:12 PM
The wifey planned a trip this weekend before I realized it was a first round playoff game. We are going to be in times square Saturday. Any suggestions on where I might be able to watch it? Will espn3 be an option? Can gameplan be bought online?

Thanks in advance.

CarringtonBison:
I just sent you a message here on BV. Hope it might help.

tony
11-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Unless I get stranded in DC, I'll be at there at 3pm. My wife will not be able to get there until very late, if at all.

TSCF, the only playoff game that I'll make sure to get to is the Championship.

CarringtonBison
12-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Confirmed, we will be there! Bucket list items crossed off. Four of us there at 3. Save us seats please.

344Johnson
12-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Unless I get stranded in DC, I'll be at there at 3pm. My wife will not be able to get there until very late, if at all.

TSCF, the only playoff game that I'll make sure to get to is the Championship.

My sister is doing the DC watch party as per usual. Nice girl for the most part. Just tell her that her brother is a piece of shit and she'll love you.

gumby013
12-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Grabbing lunch at Feile before the game.

tony
12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Had a great time!

THEsocalledfan
12-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Can anyone there verify Tony is real?

I am starting the think he is really TAB, just like Higgins may have been Robin Masters on Magnum, PI. Let me know. My goal is to unravel the mystery.

Jay
12-02-2012, 01:48 AM
My buddy organized the event and said he was a great person. Take that with a grain of salt though as my buddy is a Ginger.

CarringtonBison
12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Made it back to the great state today. Had a wonderful time meeting everyone. I can confirm that Tony is real. Sat and visited with he and his wife a lot. My kids had a blast and list the event up at the top of fun on the trip. Great to see everyone and look forward to seeing everyone again in Frisco!

Nick, thanks for organizing!

NFH Schlüssel
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Made it back to the great state today. Had a wonderful time meeting everyone. I can confirm that Tony is real. Sat and visited with he and his wife a lot. My kids had a blast and list the event up at the top of fun on the trip. Great to see everyone and look forward to seeing everyone again in Frisco!

Nick, thanks for organizing!

It was good to meet you & your family. I made it back after 1 AM - missed my connecting train in Philly. I was being chatted to by alot of older women on the train ride back... I was wondering why the younger ones weren't paying me no nevermind - then I remembered that you guys look too young to have a 17-yr-old! I guess I have to realize that I'm actually as old as it says on my driver's license.

Look forward to seeing you in Frisco.

tony
12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
It was really nice meeting everybody. My wife was charmed by CarringtonBison's daughters.

The black tie deal that I went to after leaving the pub did not go as well. :)

Got home and couldn't get my top button on my dress shirt to button. Said, "Eff it!"
Then tried tying my bowtie. I can usually do that in my sleep. Not on Saturday. When I finally called it quits, I had some thing looked like a 5x scale fly fishing lure under my chin. Said, "Eff it!"
Then it was on to the trousers. Couldn't get them to button... I just wore the dang things a couple months ago! Ended up popping the button off. Finally got it more or less fastened because there's the outer button, inner button, and a metal catch and I could just barely get metal catch fastened. Of course, I ended up this bit of trousers where the button used to be that was sticking out. No problem, the vest would cover it... except that I left the vest in PA. Said, "Eff it!"
Figured that I could wear a belt... oh yeah, I don't have a dress belt in NYC and don't wear one with tux pants anyway. Told the smirky guy in the mirror to "Eff himself."
Then I put on my beloved burgundy velvet blazer, but, wtf!, it had shrunk in the last couple months (apparently.) 'Screw this,' thinks I, 'I'm wearing this puppy unbuttoned.... man, some Chipotle would be AWESOME right now." So I go get the wife and I some Chipotle.
At leasts my shoes still fit.
Get to the event a little late. Chow down some fancy pants finger food and drink a lot of champagne. Party seems boring. The hostess's father comes up and says that he's always wanted to have a blazer like mine... I say, "Hey, let's switch jackets!" He edges away. In fact, pretty much everybody I talk to ends the conversation by edging away.
It occurs to me that I might have a higher-than-average BAC. Solution: More finger food.
I smile at everybody and am pretty jolly. Wife says, "My feet are killing me. Would you mind going home." I'm out the door and telling her to hurry up by the time she says "mind."
Get home, start to brush teeth... "Hey, Chipotle spices in my teeth in three places! Awesome!"

gumby013
12-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Are we doing it again for the Wofford game?

I could always use another green mystery shot.

loudsilverado
12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I always thought Tony was a computer

BisonTeacher
12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I always thought Tony was a computer

Agreed. Pics or it didnt happen. :biggrin:

tony
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Are we doing it again for the Wofford game?

I could always use another green mystery shot.

I'm out - need to do some house stuff in PA this upcoming weekend so I'll be watching there.

I could use another victory glass of Connemara Cask Strength, perhaps with a little splash of water to bring out the flavors.

Thanks to nycbisonfan for organizing the shindig!

CarringtonBison
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Agreed. Pics or it didnt happen. :biggrin:I have picture and will post once I get to my computer

bisonfannyc
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I just spoke to the manager at Feile, we are confirmed for Saturday. We will have the same section of the bar and the game with sound. I hope to see everyone there. To Bison!

devin45k
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Agreed. Pics or it didnt happen. :biggrin:

I wanna see some too. :)

Glad too see there is a watch party goin on there!

CarringtonBison
12-06-2012, 03:16 AM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg45/Carringtonbison/NYCwatchparty.jpg
Ok here is promised picture. Not the greatest quality and everyone has red eyes (I think it was those green shots that got everyone!), but several memebers of the board are represented, including the elusive Tony.

IzzyFlexion
12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Holy poop!
Ladies & gents.........Flip Wilson.

BisonTeacher
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok here is promised picture. Not the greatest quality and everyone has red eyes (I think it was those green shots that got everyone!), but several memebers of the board are represented, including the elusive Tony.

VEry cool. Thanks for posting.

devin45k
12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Damn! a lot more people than I thought

BisonNation11
12-06-2012, 03:33 PM

I'm totally digging the flag in the background!

gumby013
12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Just a heads up to everyone that I will be at Feile early to watch the ODU GSU game.

The main thing racing through my head is whether to order Hoegaarden or Guinness....

NFH Schlüssel
12-07-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm totally digging the flag in the background!

It's almost 25 yrs old and starting to fray at the ends. I need to get one that will withstand the weather.

NFH Schlüssel
12-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Holy poop!
Ladies & gents.........Flip Wilson.

With that stupid grin I thought I could be incognito!

NFH Schlüssel
12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks like I won't be able to make it! Buried in end-of-semester work - who was it that said procrastination is the thief of time? Watching the MSU - SHSU game last night didn't help either.

I hate to miss the green shots!

Go Bison!

gumby013
12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm at Feile for the ODU GSU game. Lamb sandwich is on its way and the Hoegaarden is flowing.

gumby013
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Friday game!

I made a Facebook event page for the GSU game. Feel free to invite everyone you know.

https://www.facebook.com/events/496038770441345/

bisonfannyc
12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I spoke to the manager at Feile, they'll show the game again this Friday. Unfortunately probably not with sound. There is a Killers concert at MSG that night, so he said he thought the bar would be packed until about 7:30 when the concert starts. I hope to see many of you there. Go Bison!!!

NFH Schlüssel
12-14-2012, 02:06 AM
I'd love to join in again, but I'm flying across the pond on Sat.

Go Bison!

gumby013
12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Wrapping things up in the office, then off to Feile!

tony
12-14-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd love to be there, but I'm still in PA and probably will be working while watching the game.