PDA

View Full Version : Billy Iverson resigns

TAILG8R
11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
NDSU head men's golf coach Iverson resigns (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380966/group/homepage/)

344Johnson
12-06-2012, 05:41 AM
My sources say that this wasn't so much a resignation as a termination.

MN_BISON
12-07-2012, 01:46 AM
My sources say that this wasn't so much a resignation as a termination.
That seems odd considering the team seemed to be moving in the right direction. Didn't they have a pretty solid fall season and without looking it up I thought they made a pretty strong push in the league tournament.

imabison
12-07-2012, 03:23 PM
That seems odd considering the team seemed to be moving in the right direction. Didn't they have a pretty solid fall season and without looking it up I thought they made a pretty strong push in the league tournament.

Just announced Coach Dehoff to take on additional duties and add golf to womens BB. Sorry, not able to do purple font...:)

DORMIE
12-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I think that Billy I has been on the hot seat for a couple of years. His team was verry successful this year, but 4 of his players are from the area and are here because they're good friends. Word is that his recruiting out of the area has been questioned and he is not respected by his players. I see the next coach as Chris Croetch (sp). Chris is the teaching professional at the Fargo Country Club, is a real up and commer in the business and already works with players on both Bison teams. He would really like to coach for NDSU. He is very well respected as a professional and is a real gentleman. Last year he said to me, "Just because I graduated from UND, doesn't mean that I can't coach for NDSU. NOTE: All 3 professionals at the FCC ate UND graduates.

Civil06
12-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I think that Billy I has been on the hot seat for a couple of years. His team was verry successful this year, but 4 of his players are from the area and are here because they're good friends. Word is that his recruiting out of the area has been questioned and he is not respected by his players. I see the next coach as Chris Croetch (sp). Chris is the teaching professional at the Fargo Country Club, is a real up and commer in the business and already works with players on both Bison teams. He would really like to coach for NDSU. He is very well respected as a professional and is a real gentleman. Last year he said to me, "Just because I graduated from UND, doesn't mean that I can't coach for NDSU. NOTE: All 3 professionals at the FCC ate UND graduates.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's the spirit!

DORMIE
12-07-2012, 06:41 PM
OK, so I'am purebred norwegian and can't spell. Good catch!!

KC Bison
12-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I like it better when you misspell words.

344Johnson
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Like someone pointed out, several of the players on the team are locals who wanted to golf here. Little to no recruiting going on. Got a cousin on the team.

NDSUmulligan
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Golf doesn't exactly receive a lot of funding. Last I heard there was only a few scholarships available (I believe they were divided among the top players, maybe the top recruits now get a full ride?). This would obviously hurt recruiting. Iverson used a tryout to fill out the roster. It used to be the ND Open at the Fargo Country Club, now there are more rounds after that count as qualifying to make the team. I believe that for the future of NDSU golf this is a step in the right direction. As another poster said, Kroetsch (sp?) from FCC may be a good fit.

Sidenote....now that Iverson "resigned" do the golf teams lose their connection to use Oxbow as a practice facility? FCC is available as the team course, but where does that leave Oxbow?

BadlandsBison
12-12-2012, 06:40 PM
From Jeff Kolpack's Twitter;

People in golf community are pushing Kris Kroetsch as the next Bison men's golf coach.

imabison
12-14-2012, 06:14 PM
From Jeff Kolpack's Twitter;

Kris Kroetsch, PGA teaching professional at the Fargo Country Club, was named interim head men’s golf coach

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/383369/group/homepage/

DORMIE
12-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Wonderfun news naming Kris as the interim coach. Hopefully it is just a formality and that he will become head coach. I know him personally from the FCC. He is a rising star in the golf professional business, a real gentleman and will be a fine representative for Bison athletics. The players will be thrilled with the news.

NDSUstudent
12-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Yep I know some people familiar with golf at NDSU and they are very happy that Kris is the new coach. This was a solid move by our admin.

SlickVic
12-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Wonderfun news naming Kris as the interim coach. Hopefully it is just a formality and that he will become head coach. I know him personally from the FCC. He is a rising star in the golf professional business, a real gentleman and will be a fine representative for Bison athletics. The players will be thrilled with the news.

i woulda went with greg mccullah myself whats that dude got a couple 13 14 hole in ones and he just defines the word professional...hey yo dormie does dean north still hold the course record there? him and his wife april used to be on my curling team last i heard he was head pro in winnipig somewhere i dunno dude was un real on the golf course tho we used to play edgewood alot i seen him go birdie birdie birdie eagle off the back nine just stickin pins and enjoying himself...anyways i never played fcc dont really care to either but this summer if u wanna come out have a few buds at my place aka edgewood and or the greenbrier in west va be my guest fool ill show u what that arnold palmer 1 irons all about

DORMIE
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
You're on, Slick. I grew up on Edgewood. Worked in the pro shop for a few years in the early 60's before I got drafted. Best score there 69.

Fast50Dad
07-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Per twitter: @NDSUAthletics: Steve Kennedy Named Head Men's Golf Coach for #NDSUBison http://t.co/oKmt157wsl

Hammerhead
07-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Steve was my physics teacher at Fargo South and was one of my favorite teachers.

Bisonguy
07-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Steve was my physics teacher at Fargo South and was one of my favorite teachers.

Mine too. I remember him waiting by the door with a fire extinguisher for any kids that were late for his class.

That and wiffleball Fridays.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

KC Bison
08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
But, but, but would he be a good Bison golf coach?