PDA

View Full Version : Team introductions

1st&TennBison
11-19-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure if it is a actual rule or not, but I think it would be cool if the Bison had the other team to come out on the field first(esp for the playoffs). My reason for this would be for a little bit of a psychological advantage to us. The dome is of course loud and a very intimidating place to play as it is. So if there is any chance of the other team having to stand on the sideline and watch the show that NDSU football puts on for our teams introduction and it could psych out the other team some I would be all for it. Kind of along the lines of making other teams players thinking to themselves "man I wish we had this", or "I wish our fans were this supportive". It might not work as well on all the teams, but I would think no matter the team it would have some effect. Like I said, not sure if it is a rule, but so far I have not found anything that indicates it is.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure if it is a actual rule or not, but I think it would be cool if the Bison had the other team to come out on the field first(esp for the playoffs). My reason for this would be for a little bit of a psychological advantage to us. The dome is of course loud and a very intimidating place to play as it is. So if there is any chance of the other team having to stand on the sideline and watch the show that NDSU football puts on for our teams introduction and it could psych out the other team some I would be all for it. Kind of along the lines of making other teams players thinking to themselves "man I wish we had this", or "I wish our fans were this supportive". It might not work as well on all the teams, but I would think no matter the team it would have some effect. Like I said, not sure if it is a rule, but so far I have not found anything that indicates it is.

A rule to make the opposing team watch the introduction. Really?

CivilBison96
11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
I believe the rules are such that the visiting team has the option to chose when they take the field for the specific reason that they are not forced to observe the home teams entrance and any "intimidating" aspects of the entrance. I think there was a discussion of this after the Georgia Southern game last year.

Disclaimer: This is just what sticks in my mind not claiming to know anything definitively.

NorthernBison
11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Keep in mind that a bunch of things are different in the playoffs.

CivilBison96
11-19-2012, 09:05 PM
If I recall correctly the discussion involved they playoff requirements. Now you have my interest piqued and I am going to have to look it up....thanks to my OCD.

Grizzled
You cannot tell the opposing team when to come onto the field. Not in the playoffs, not anytime.

NDSU '96
Playoffs or not, I don't think anyone dictates when the team has to take the field, excepting a representative for the coin toss and being on the field for kick off-oh, and the IMHO ridiculous MVFC handshake.

1st&TennBison
11-19-2012, 09:14 PM

I'm not saying to make it a rule, just wondering if the home team is the one who decides what team comes out first, and what I would do if I had that option.

roadwarrior
11-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm not saying to make it a rule, just wondering if the home team is the one who decides what team comes out first, and what I would do if I had that option.

NDSU most likely gives the visiting team the sequence and timing of pre-game activities. As such, almost all teams choose not to be on the field during "lights out".

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Personally, I love the intent behind this idea. We are fortunate enough to have/make one of the best football game day atmospheres in the country. Anything to increase intimidation, anxiety, jealousy, etc. is a benefit for the Bison. But in all honesty I'm sure they can hear what's going on, feel the rumble, and be wondering what exactly is going on out there.

Rock
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
-on-itunes/ (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/19/acdc-finally-available-on-itunes/)

AC/DC comes to iTunes after watching the FCS Bracket Special? Coincidence? :)

NDSU92
11-19-2012, 09:31 PM
I've always wondered what the atmosphere is like in the visitor's locker room during our entrance.

NorthernBison
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
No explosions after TD's, PA announcer totally neutral, etc. Definitely a different gameday experience once the post-season starts. The good thing is fan intensity is better.

CivilBison96
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I've always wondered what the atmosphere is like in the visitor's locker room during our entrance.

Ask AnswerGuy, I saw in the SIU gameday pics that he had the gear and was on the sidelines, I did notice the expanding wet spot on his pants so he must have been in the locker room for the NDSU entrance.....

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 09:42 PM

I have this picture in my head where they are standing as a group trying to psych themselves up by slapping each other across the chest. Then the intro video starts and they stop to what feels to be the rumblings of an earthquake. They look at each other as the rumblings and noise becomes stronger, and they themselves start to tremble. As the Herd comes out of the tunnel, they all hold each other and hide in closets and under benches praying for their lives. Some weeping, some crying, and some psychologically messed up for life. Most come out to the field, turning towards the visitor's section looking for their mamas and blankies. Anything to help them feel "ok" and that they won't die at the hands of Gods. Boom, we kickoff and their worst nightmares become true.

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
No explosions after TD's, PA announcer totally neutral, etc. Definitely a different gameday experience once the post-season starts. The good thing is fan intensity is better.

Less Dan Michaels ftw.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Less Dan Michaels ftw.

times infinity. his voice wears on you during the season.

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 09:53 PM
times infinity. his voice wears on you during the season.

I hate how the ads interfere with cheering, etc. People quiet down when they hear him...

MAKBison
11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Teams quickly learned not to come out until we do our thing. Its been about 4 years since I have seen a team come out first. With that being said, its gotta be as loud as hell in the visitors locker room.

Answer Guy
11-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Ask AnswerGuy, I saw in the SIU gameday pics that he had the gear and was on the sidelines, I did notice the expanding wet spot on his pants so he must have been in the locker room for the NDSU entrance.....

I was on the field, the Salukis were in the hall/on the ramp with all doors locked behind them. Of course they would have all gotten back on the bus instead of playing your heroes if they knew ahead of time that there was a chance of loud noises.

Wet spot on my pants was completely unrelated to this conversation.

TransAmBison
11-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Wet spot on my pants was completely unrelated to this conversation.What you and Dale do behind locked doors is your business. Please keep it to yourselves.

Thundering Herd
11-20-2012, 02:05 AM
I have this picture in my head where they are standing as a group trying to psych themselves up by slapping each other across the chest. Then the intro video starts and they stop to what feels to be the rumblings of an earthquake. They look at each other as the rumblings and noise becomes stronger, and they themselves start to tremble. As the Herd comes out of the tunnel, they all hold each other and hide in closets and under benches praying for their lives. Some weeping, some crying, and some psychologically messed up for life. Most come out to the field, turning towards the visitor's section looking for their mamas and blankies. Anything to help them feel "ok" and that they won't die at the hands of Gods. Boom, we kickoff and their worst nightmares become true.
must spread rep before givin again. Goddammit! someone else craft a gem like this one so i can spread rep.

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Perhaps his own version of "explosion after touchdown"?

TransAmBison
11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Perhaps his own version of "explosion after touchdown"?Which is not allowed in teh playoffs...good luck his teams are not in said playoffs.

1998braves64
11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
I don't remember exactly but didn't they allow the cannon shots after TDs last year and during the entrance? Seems to me NDSU the first year played everything by the book, but then last year got a little loosey goosey after seeing what other teams allowed (MSU and EWU). Don't think the NCAA complained last year? At least they shouldn't have being that 3 games in the fargodome means more dough in their pocket!

344Johnson
11-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Drinking a lot of soup these couple weeks leading up to the game. Want my local cords to be ready to rock and roll, whether we are allowed to do fun things or not.

BisonNation11
11-21-2012, 05:35 AM
Drinking a lot of soup these couple weeks leading up to the game. Want my local cords to be ready to rock and roll, whether we are allowed to do fun things or not.

Don't forget honey!

tony
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Making the visiting team stand on the sidelines during our introductions = Meh.
Making the visiting team tailgate for six hours before the game = Yeah!

TransAmBison
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Make them tailgate at the Frisco Cruiser.*

*Which is broken down on the highway somewhere outside Brookings.

BisonAccountant44
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Less Dan Michaels ftw.

I hate how the ads interfere with cheering, etc. People quiet down when they hear him...

Did you know that Cloverdale is the official hotdog of the NDSU Bison?

bisonsupporter
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Ad's, playing the stupid 4th quarter Y94 bs song, no video for the start of the second half......all are taking away from home-field advantange. I abosolutely cringe when we make a big offensive play, then you hear, "Bison have entered the Case-IH redzone."

BisonAccountant44
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Ad's, playing the stupid 4th quarter Y94 bs song, no video for the start of the second half......all are taking away from home-field advantange. I abosolutely cringe when we make a big offensive play, then you hear, "Bison have entered the Case-IH redzone."

The song between the 3rd and 4th quarter I actually don't mind. I don't think the 2nd half video has played all year has it? I agree with you on the Case-IH redzone. That one gets on my nerves more than any other ad they have for some reason.

NorthernBison
11-21-2012, 03:35 PM

That would be the "Titan Machinery Case-IH Red Zone". Lotta good that advertising money did them if you clowns don't even remember the thing they were advertising (The Dealer Network).

BisonAccountant44
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
That would be the "Titan Machinery Case-IH Red Zone". Lotta good that advertising money did them if you clowns don't even remember the thing they were advertising (The Dealer Network).

You're right. I completly forgot about it being the "Titan Machinery Cash-IH Red Zone". All I know is everytime I hear it I think "God we're a bunch of sellouts".

bisonsupporter
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM

Exactly, Who the f*** cares? Do they really think by having an ad for the redzone is going to help there business?

runtheoption
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Exactly, Who the f*** cares? Do they really think by having an ad for the redzone is going to help there business?

It's an ego thing. I would love to be able to sponsor "That's another Bison defense snotlicker, courtesy of runtheoption."

bisonsupporter
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
It's an ego thing. I would love to be able to sponsor "That's another Bison defense snotlicker, courtesy of runtheoption."

Now that would get the fans pumped up!

THEsocalledfan
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Just a reminder, unless I missed it, the artificial stuff and ads will be minimal during all future Bison games since these are ruled by the NCAA, not NDSU. I found it humerus that the championship game, all the way in Frisco, TX was the only playoff game that had the the same type of artificial stuff as the regular season.....

Answer Guy
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
"That's another Bison snotlicker, courtesy of runtheoption."

Ironically, that's how your wife describes your kids.

bisonmike2
11-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Like "A Clockwork Orange". Have them strapped to the bench with their eyelids held open and make them watch it.

I always thought it would be funny to do an intro for the opposing team but instead show like ponies and unicorns on the video boards. Maybe some flowers and teddy bears with some light fanciful music then when it's time for our intro the light drop and AC/DC kicks in.