PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Playoff Committee

Schmierzy
11-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyone know how the matchups are determined? I don't understand how unranked teams are matched and The Bison have the possibility of playing someone they beat two weeks ago!

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Does Anyone know if the game will be televised?

roadwarrior
11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Will it be in HD?

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Anyone know how the matchups are determined? I don't understand how unranked teams are matched and The Bison have the possibility of playing someone they beat two weeks ago!

Beaten to death. Next topic.

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Steven Threet approves. #5

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Will it be in HD?

That is a good question. If ESPN produces, I'd think there is a good chance it is in HD. The HD broadcasts on ESPN3 when shown through on Xbox are quite excellent in quality. Now, if folks could just get ESPN3....

Schmierzy
11-19-2012, 04:26 PM
You all are a great help; Ask for a bit of education and what do I get...

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 04:29 PM
You all are a great help; Ask for a bit of education and what do I get...

Gosh...make me feel guilty.

Its already been posted in a few of the other threads...I believe the Selection show thread and there may be another one.

Bison bison
11-19-2012, 04:37 PM
I really need to get my truck washed.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I really need to get my truck washed.

Let me know if you want to get points for that!

Wally
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
What's on everyone's Christmas list? I need some good ideas.

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Are you planning on getting us all gifts?

KSBisonFan
11-19-2012, 04:45 PM

When I sat on Santa's lap, I asked him for an "Off Button" for BV so I can turn it off and not be tempted to read duplicate threads when there are 2 weeks between games....

stevdock
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Way to help someone out people. I wouldn't want to wade through all the garbage that gets thrown on this site either to find an answer to a quick question, especially when there were how many brand new threads up in the last 24 hours.

To answer the question the NCAA will pick matchups where a bus ride can be used over a flight as often as possible. NCAA has to pay for transportation so more often than not that is what it comes down to. Outside of that teams from the same conference can not play each other when both are playing their first game. So more often than not it's as close to the old D2 regionals as possible without calling it a regional whenever possible.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
You all are a great help; Ask for a bit of education and what do I get...Welcome to the 'been there done that...whiteout club.' "Oh lord, it's hard to be humble...when yir perfect in ev-er-y way...I cry, when I look in the mirror...'cause I git better lookin' each day........."

Wally
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Are you planning on getting us all gifts?

50ml of captain for everyone

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
50ml of captain for everyone

The true gift is knowing what the person really wants. :biggrin:

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Way to help someone out people. I wouldn't want to wade through all the garbage that gets thrown on this site either to find an answer to a quick question, especially when there were how many brand new threads up in the last 24 hours.

To answer the question the NCAA will pick matchups where a bus ride can be used over a flight as often as possible. NCAA has to pay for transportation so more often than not that is what it comes down to. Outside of that teams from the same conference can not play each other when both are playing their first game. So more often than not it's as close to the old D2 regionals as possible without calling it a regional whenever possible.

You are just adding to the crap by letting threads like this exist/live. By cleaning up all the reposts and redundancy, it will become easier to find other threads. There are so many threads in the last 24 hours because most of them are re-hashed piles of crap.

gotts
11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
You are just adding to the crap by letting threads like this exist/live. By cleaning up all the reposts and redundancy, it will become easier to find other threads. There are so many threads in the last 24 hours because most of them are re-hashed piles of crap.

Yeah, if I wanted to know how the NCAA does something, I'd probably go to Bisonville, instead of looking towards the NCAA website for the information!

Bisonguy
11-19-2012, 05:39 PM

Answer is here- http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29020-Playoff-Selection-Show-GDT&p=680631#post680631 (http://<a href="http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29020-Playoff-Selection-Show-GDT&p=680631#post680631" target="_blank">http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29020-Playoff-Selection-Show-GDT&p=680631#post680631</a>)

In D2 the field is selected by region. In FCS the field is selected nationally and then regionalized. Huge difference.

heffray
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, if I wanted to know how the NCAA does something, I'd probably go to Bisonville, instead of looking towards the NCAA website for the information!

I go to Bisonville for everything... What's a website?

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
By cleaning up all the reposts and redundancy, it will become easier to find other threads.

EZ, although I agree with you...We (me included) could probably have been nicer to the poster and referred them where to find the correct info. I have made a redundant post before. Not on purpose or to make people upset. I understand it more when its something that was posted long ago. But this was posted about quite often yesterday...in more than a few threads. Sometimes i wonder if people are making duplicate threads just to see what kind of responses they will get??????????

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 07:50 PM
EZ, although I agree with you...We (me included) could probably have been nicer to the poster and referred them where to find the correct info. I have made a redundant post before. Not on purpose or to make people upset. I understand it more when its something that was posted long ago. But this was posted about quite often yesterday...in more than a few threads. Sometimes i wonder if people are making duplicate threads just to see what kind of responses they will get??????????

Exactly. This is the only forum I frequent that allows this amount of reposting. You usually get crucified for not searching. I actually think your example of saying because it was posted yesterday means we shouldn't get mad is the exact opposite of how it should be viewed IMO. Because it was posted yesterday, it should be extremely easy to find.

Answer Guy
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Anyone know how the matchups are determined?

Congrats to the Bison on their season and #1 ranking.

Any thoughts on the playoff brackets? :confused:

Answer Guy
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
When I sat on Santa's lap, I asked him for an "Off Button"

I bet you did.

KilldeerBison
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Congrats to the Bison on their season and #1 ranking.

Any thoughts on the playoff brackets? :confused:

Where have you been? I'll bring you up to date, the playoff committee made a real Muss out of the brackets! We got Hosed!

Schmierzy
11-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Well, thank you, I wuz thinking the same thing. Granted, I'm a rookie at posting on the Glorious "Bisonville Forum" and apologize for my ignorance. Thought we were on the Same Team. EZ 4 some of you jagoffs to hide on the internet; gladly meet each and everyone of you idiots on the South 40. Mano e mano...of course, you'll probably "herd up"...

Oh, and where am I? 3 weeks on the Baja, jerk-offs.

ndsubison1
11-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Well, thank you, I wuz thinking the same thing. Granted, I'm a rookie at posting on the Glorious "Bisonville Forum" and apologize for my ignorance. Thought we were on the Same Team. EZ 4 some of you jagoffs to hide on the internet; gladly meet each and everyone of you idiots on the South 40. Mano e mano...of course, you'll probably "herd up"...

lol.

half of this post i dont understand

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Well now I don't feel so guilty.

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM

lol.

half of this post i dont understand

All I understood is he wants EZ and he jacks off.

TransAmBison
11-19-2012, 11:44 PM
All I understood is he wants EZ and he jacks off.I thought he wanted to jack EZ off behind the safe confines of teh internet.

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 11:46 PM
I thought he wanted to jack EZ off behind the safe confines of teh internet.

He must have teh crazy speed because he said something about a 40.

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 11:58 PM
He must have teh crazy speed because he said something about a 40.we do have an expert on 40 times right here on this very forum.

Wally
11-20-2012, 12:33 AM

I have no idea what is going on, so I will post a gif of a dog patting a cat on the head

http://i.imgur.com/wp390.jpg

56BISON73
11-20-2012, 01:25 AM
we do have an expert on 40 times right here on this very forum.

I can only help if its the 5 cone on the back 40.

But why is he on some dude named Baja and why is he jerking off on him?

perthbison
11-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Where have you been? I'll bring you up to date, the playoff committee made a real Muss out of the brackets! We got Hosed!Are u saying the ncaa mussed this up? hee hee I imagine sdsu feels a little shafted too.

perthbison
11-20-2012, 02:38 AM
All I understood is he wants EZ and he jacks off.How does EZ feel about this?:confused:

SamsRams
11-20-2012, 02:46 AM
How does EZ feel about this?:confused:

More importantly how does Mack Brown feel. Im not sure EZ is allowed to jerk off, think about jerking off or cheer for NDSU without Mack's permission

perthbison
11-20-2012, 03:06 AM
:(I fear that when EZ gets online here he'll hand me and sams some neg rep:evil:

BisonNation11
11-20-2012, 03:13 AM
I thought he wanted to jack EZ off behind the safe confines of teh internet.

:(I fear that when EZ gets online here he'll hand me and sams some neg rep:evil:

I doubt it. He should be in a good mood from the hand job

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2012, 12:02 PM

I just hope EZQ hasn't left any of his knuckle children on the floor of the cruiser. I've got holes in my shoes.

EndZoneQB
11-20-2012, 01:53 PM

1. LOL
2. I'm not exactly a ghost in the west lot, chief.
3. Speaking of internet tough guys, are you *really* trying to threaten us via the internet? That seems appropriate given what has been said...if you're f*ckin six.

I am in a great mood. Now.

I just hope EZQ hasn't left any of his knuckle children on the floor of the cruiser. I've got holes in my shoes.

You should be so lucky...

Greenie
11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Every team in the FCS playoffs should be seeded. This would make things much more objective, and if there were rematches based on seeding, then so be it. Make it more like all the other NCAA DI playoff brackets.

I know the FCS folks looked at this when expanding the playoffs but decided against it...they should reconsider. Regionalization will likely happen even more when the field expands to 24 because of "cost" issues, unless expanded seeding happens.

KSBisonFan
11-20-2012, 03:25 PM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q598/jghoffman12/surfer-1.gif

Bisonguy
11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Every team in the FCS playoffs should be seeded. This would make things much more objective, and if there were rematches based on seeding, then so be it. Make it more like all the other NCAA DI playoff brackets.

I know the FCS folks looked at this when expanding the playoffs but decided against it...they should reconsider. Regionalization will likely happen even more when the field expands to 24 because of "cost" issues, unless expanded seeding happens.

They will be expanding the seeds to eight next year. The entire field of sixteen was seeded prior to 9/11.

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2012, 10:15 PM
check your neg rep/

THEsocalledfan
11-21-2012, 01:11 PM

Greenie, on to another topic, is there anything at all NDSU can do to get ESPN to broadcast these games on real TV somehow? Further, are they making their extreme displeasure known to the NCAA so they quit signing stupid contracts?

KilldeerBison
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Are u saying the ncaa mussed this up? hee hee I imagine sdsu feels a little shafted too.

I believe the "little shaft" is simply a genetic circumstance for teh SDSU guys, nothing to do with the NCAA.:)

Hammersmith
11-21-2012, 06:11 PM

???

All the DI playoff brackets use some type of regionalization. Most seed one quarter of the field and assign everyone else via geography. That's exactly how the FCS bracket is done. Even the MBB tourney has some built in(it's why there are four of each seed rather than just seeding 1-68). In fact, next year will see the FCS playoffs become one of the least regionalized of the DI tournaments with 1/3 of the field seeded instead of the usual 1/4.