PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs. NDSU at Duquesne

letsgoguins
11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
I hope to God our fortunes are better against you guys in basketball than how we fared against you in football. YSU is 3-0 with wins over George Washington, Georgia, and St. Francis (PA).

aces1180
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I hope to God our fortunes are better against you guys in basketball than how we fared against you in football. YSU is 3-0 with wins over George Washington, Georgia, and St. Francis (PA).

Basketball already started? It's still football season!

letsgoguins
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Basketball already started? It's still football season!
You didn't go 0-4 in October knocking you out of the playoffs. :facepalm:

HoopsBison
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Looking forward to the game tomorrow. We play pretty solid defense but our offense can be pretty ugly at times. I noticed you guys are off to a nice start.

Who are your go to guys that we should watch?

Yellow
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Any chance for video for this game/tourny?

HoopsBison
11-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Looks like you can purchase it through the duquense website at they are the host.

http://www.goduquesne.com/

9.95 should get you all three games.

letsgoguins
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Looking forward to the game tomorrow. We play pretty solid defense but our offense can be pretty ugly at times. I noticed you guys are off to a nice start.

Who are your go to guys that we should watch?

Kendrick Perry is a stud at guard. He is only 6'0 tall, but he has the hops, leadership, and basketball IQ to eventually make it to the NBA. YSU lucked out in snagging him after he tore his ACL his junior year. He single-handedly beat Austin Rivers his senior year of high school in a shoot out in Florida. Expect him to get 20 points in this game.

Blake Allen is our point guard and he is VERY good from beyond the arc. He drained five straight three's in the 2nd half against St. Francis (PA) on Friday Night. The key is to shut him down. When he is on, he is lights out.

Eargle and Belin are our two big guys down low. Eargle is the nation's #1 returning shot blocker, while Belin at the #4 can drain the three ball as well.

Those are the big four. If those four are in double figures, I like our chances. If just 2-3 of them are, you guys will probably win.

bruinbison
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Youngstown was picked 6th of 10 in Horizon League by my pre-season bball mag.
Horizon League is ranked 14th by ESPN, Summit 21st. Nice to have a win over a SEC team - Georgia -
Georgia a pre-season pick of 9th of 14 teams in SEC

Kendrick Perry 1st team pre-season pick for Horizon.
3 returning starters from last season

Perry - 6' 0" JR - 16.8 ppg - 3.9 apg
Blake Allen - 6' 1" SR - 12.8 ppg - 3.0 apg - .429 3pt%
Damian Eargle - 6' 7" SR - 11.1 ppg - 7.5 rpg - 116 blocks - nation's leading returning shot-blocker

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/mbkb/2012-13/releases/20121118j2ioe5

"Youngstown State was picked to finish fourth in the Horizon League in a poll of the League's Head Coaches, SIDs and select media"

"Senior Damian Eargle was selected to the Horizon League Preseason Second-Team"

bisonfan08
11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Based on what's being said here it looks like we get to find out early if we can trust Kory Brown to shut down another teams stud guard. Would love to see him lock down Perry. With his size advantage and length he should be able to stay in front of him and hopefully frustrate him all game. I think the key is going to be working the ball inside to Bjorklund and running the offense from there and yes I'm aware this should probably always be the case but it's simple fact that we play better as a team when Bjorklund has a good game.

HoopsBison
11-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Based on what's being said here it looks like we get to find out early if we can trust Kory Brown to shut down another teams stud guard. Would love to see him lock down Perry. With his size advantage and length he should be able to stay in front of him and hopefully frustrate him all game. I think the key is going to be working the ball inside to Bjorklund and running the offense from there and yes I'm aware this should probably always be the case but it's simple fact that we play better as a team when Bjorklund has a good game.

Agree 100%. Need to get Bjorklund going early and often. I think Brown will hold his own guarding anyone but I want to see him have confidence on the offensive side of the ball and take the open jump shot if its given to him.

I think LA has a big game today vs YSU.

Burnt_Secondary
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM

Well our team is 2-1 with wins over Mayville State and Valley City State . . . . (crickets . . . ) I even played basketball for one of those schools and the other one was our rival and I barily know them . . .

That's a little crule, great memories playing ball. Loved it!!!

You have some good wins there.

bisonfan08
11-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Got decent quality video on first row, let's go Bison!

NDSUstudent
11-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Bison look good early, attacking the post with some authority.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2012, 08:41 PM
8-10 YSU leads

Bjorklund-4
LA-4