PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Game TV

Hansel
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
What are the odds the first round game gets put on GamePlan?

Bisonguy
11-18-2012, 07:13 PM
What are the odds the first round game gets put on GamePlan?

I'd say a definite maybe. The only game scheduled for TV this year is the championship, not even a semi or quarterfinal.

HoopsBison
11-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Less then 10%. Espn has already said its ESPN3 only for the first round. Would take a lot of emails to get it changed.

EndZoneQB
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I'd say a definite maybe. The only game scheduled for TV this year is the championship, not even a semi or quarterfinal.

I think they did this so everyone was equal and no one bitched about getting left out.

aces1180
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Less then 10%. Espn has already said its ESPN3 only for the first round. Would take a lot of emails to get it changed.

Second round too...At least according to the brackets on the crappy ESPNU selection show.

Bisonguy
11-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I think they did this so everyone was equal and no one bitched about getting left out.

Prolly because they want to play some absolutely horrible basketball matchup or some show breaking down the bowl games.

Bisonguy
11-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Second round too...At least according to the brackets on the crappy ESPNU selection show.

The championship game is the only game scheduled for TV right now. The only slight silver lining to that is it's on ESPN2, while DII had their championship bumped to ESPNU.

HoopsBison
11-18-2012, 07:42 PM
ESPN/2/U will pick up a couple games like they usually do. Example a friday night game.

WYOBISONMAN
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
FCS just gets garbage TV. I can't believe they won't put all these games on Gameplan at the very least. Total suckage on TV coverage.

SDbison
11-18-2012, 08:05 PM
FCS just gets garbage TV. I can't believe they won't put all these games on Gameplan at the very least. Total suckage on TV coverage. Talk about garbage........non HD sucks. Get with the 21st century NDSU, Fargo, whoever! SDSU versus USD was in HD yesterday!

BlueBisonRock
11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Talk about garbage........non HD sucks. Get with the 21st century NDSU, Fargo, whoever! SDSU versus USD was in HD yesterday!

Heard that on Bison Rewind. Love those SD fans calling in!

Hansel
11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Talk about garbage........non HD sucks. Get with the 21st century NDSU, Fargo, whoever! SDSU versus USD was in HD yesterday!

Off topic, but was in the Black Hills this weekend and watched the 10 PM Rapid City news last night.... they didn't even mention SDSU vs USD game. Apparently not much interest in the jacks/yotes out west in SD.

Hammerhead
11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
It will suck if the games don't also get put on the gameplan. Does the NCAA keep NDSU from showing playoff games at gobison.com?

CaBisonFan
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Prolly because they want to play some absolutely horrible basketball matchup or some show breaking down the bowl games. Or a replay of a Northern Arizona football game.

Honeybooboo
11-18-2012, 09:45 PM

Midco sports net has all their televised games in HD

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Midco sports net has all their televised games in HD

No, they don't. They has a high definition channel, but this was the first game I saw that the signal was actually high definition. Usually, the sides are chopped off with some midco logos on the side. If you have another example, I'm all ears, but I sure haven't seen one.

Also, anyone who still thinks it is acceptable that NDSU is in SD needs their head examined after the SDSU/USD game proof that HD should be expected.

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
No, they don't. They has a high definition channel, but this was the first game I saw that the signal was actually high definition. Usually, the sides are chopped off with some midco logos on the side. If you have another example, I'm all ears, but I sure haven't seen one.

Also, anyone who still thinks it is acceptable that NDSU is in SD needs their head examined after the SDSU/USD game proof that HD should be expected.Wait, NDSU is in South Dakota? Wait for it.... waaaaaiiiit for iiiiiiit.......

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Also, anyone who still thinks it is acceptable that NDSU is in SD needs their head examined after the SDSU/USD game proof that HD should be expected.

Just because it has the bars doesn't mean it's not in HD...it just means its not shot in 16x9.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Just because it has the bars doesn't mean it's not in HD...it just means its not shot in 16x9.

Well, judging on video quality, I think its safe to say it was SD.......not to mention, I have never heard of a HD sporting even being shot in non-16X9. You?

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM

This AND how pixelated the video clips of us looked on that selection show. They must have gotten them from Neulion.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
This AND how pixelated the video clips of us looked on that selection show. They must have gotten them from Neulion.

Looked to me like they "stretched" it to fill the screen; can't figure out why the color was that bad......

HerdBot
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Looked to me like they "stretched" it to fill the screen; can't figure out why the color was that bad......

Yeah and it was followed up with a beautiful HD highlight of old dominion. They have some great production.

BisonTeacher
11-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah and it was followed up with a beautiful HD highlight of old dominion. They have some great production.

Werent all the other schools highlights in HD?

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, judging on video quality, I think its safe to say it was SD.......not to mention, I have never heard of a HD sporting even being shot in non-16X9. You?

Yes, 4:3 happens.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Yes, 4:3 happens.

Example please, as I have never seen a 4:3 high def broadcast and I'd like to here your proof. I am not arguing about the possibility of it, but I very much doubt it happens.

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Example please, as I have never seen a 4:3 high def broadcast and I'd like to here your proof. I am not arguing about the possibility of it, but I very much doubt it happens.

Hold on, let me pull out my notes of HD content I've viewed in 4:3. Did you check my High Def hacking thread?? I know it's in there for sure.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Hold on, let me pull out my notes of HD content I've viewed in 4:3. Did you check my High Def hacking thread?? I know it's in there for sure.

Okay, looking forward to it. I'd love to have an example as I think you are full of it!

HerdBot
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Werent all the other schools highlights in HD?

We were the only one not in HD. It makes us look Bush League

SDbison
11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
What do you expect with hokey media?