PDA

View Full Version : SDSU or Eastern Illinois???

NDSU92
11-18-2012, 05:53 PM
So who are you cheering for on Saturday? Our conference-mate and a chance to beat our rival to the south twice in one season, or a seemingly weaker team who has a chance to take our rivals out of the playoffs in the first round?

MNLonghorn10
11-18-2012, 05:54 PM
dont make a shit.

NDSU will beat down whoever come here.

ndsubison1
11-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Cheering for eiu

Bison bison
11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd much rather play EIU. I'll cheer for SDSU because we're buddies.

IzzyFlexion
11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
I'd like to see Eastern come in.
Can never get enough exposure to the Illinois market.

Swaghook
11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Don't like the idea of playing the same team twice. Would be nice to see new blood spilled in the dome. Gotta hope for an upset win by EIU.

BlueBisonRock
11-18-2012, 06:02 PM

Visibility!

Exposure is Izzy in a raincoat

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4mBQeHV8joD63JVb0CKNvoNU5iaLj5 L2_X_-GwVjE7a__Bnm-bA

Thundering Herd
11-18-2012, 06:02 PM
fuck Tony Homo U, I'll take SDSU again! Bring on the competition...

HandoEX
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

SDSU is the better team compared to EIU, so I'd rather send them back to Brookings humiliated and jealous after Bison domination!

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing EIU, but ain't no way they go into SDSU in late November and win by passing the ball. I'll take SDSU in their own sloppy pasture of a field any day.

They must have bid a shit ton of cash to get that home game. Can't see any way they make it all back.

SamsRams
11-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Dont you mean wagner or colgate? Oops Nevermind ncaa is all about saving money

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Dont you mean wagner or colgate? Oops Nevermind ncaa is all about saving money

To be fair, a bus trip plus flying some cake eaters to Cheney is more cost effective than flying the bunnies to Cheney and some cake eaters to Fargo.

tolnabison
11-18-2012, 06:16 PM
EIU and SDSU had one common opponent this year. They both played Southern Illinois. SDSU played SIU the ninth game of the year in Carbondale and won 16-12 on a last second touchdown drive. EIU played SIU at home first game of the year and won 49-28. Don't know if this means much. SIU improved throughout the year.

BisonHorns
11-18-2012, 06:16 PM
I want Eastern Illinois because the rabbits are been there done that for me. I like to bring fresh fish into the dome.

HandoEX
11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
It's us against the world, and I like our chances against any team in America. Colgate lost to fricken USD, I'd rather beat someone decent than Colgate or the team that gets to beat them in the playoffs.

IzzyFlexion
11-18-2012, 06:23 PM
They must have bid a shit ton of cash to get that home game. Can't see any way they make it all back.

Especially if they have to pay for a rider on their "Tragic Deaths by Bleacher Collapse" insurance policy.

SamsRams
11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
To be fair, a bus trip plus flying some cake eaters to Cheney is more cost effective than flying the bunnies to Cheney and some cake eaters to Fargo.

To be fair ndsu with 3 homes makes ncaa more money then they would lose in your scenario. But ill agree with you and every situation from here on out should mirror this decision. I expect to see teams in march madness shuffled around to save the ncaa money. Ill expect to see unc and duke in charlotter as a 2 vs 15 while stony brook a 9 seed to take on 8 seed syracuse

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 06:28 PM
To be fair ndsu with 3 homes makes ncaa more money then they would lose in your scenario. But ill agree with you and every situation from here on out should mirror this decision. I expect to see teams in march madness shuffled around to save the ncaa money. Ill expect to see unc and duke in charlotter as a 2 vs 15 while stony brook a 9 seed to take on 8 seed syracuse

Didn't say I like it, or agree with it. But I can see it.

And I would also submit that while your example makes about as much sense as what just happened, the FCS playoffs and the Big Dance are a bit different in terms of revenue. :)

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Especially if they have to pay for a rider on their "Tragic Deaths by Bleacher Collapse" insurance policy.No need. That would imply that there are actually people on the bleachers.

NDSUstudent
11-18-2012, 06:32 PM

And I would also submit that while your example makes about as much sense as what just happened, the FCS playoffs and the Big Dance are a bit different in terms of revenue. :)

Yeah the FCS treated a lot more like hockey or volleyball. I remember a few years ago the Gophers were the #1 seed and were sent to the Ralph for a hockey regional.

JSUBison
11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing EIU, but ain't no way they go into SDSU in late November and win by passing the ball. I'll take SDSU in their own sloppy pasture of a field any day.

The price of muskrat pelts has risen the past few years. The muskrat population in the Brookings area has to be very afraid.

BisonNation11
11-18-2012, 06:34 PM
EIU. New blood. Sacrificial lamb. Work on the offense a bit.

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 06:36 PM
The price of muskrat pelts has risen the past few years. The muskrat population in the Brookings area has to be very afraid. LOL

I just read on SDSUFans that they had to truck in some hay bales to spread on the field... apparently the SDSU cheerleaders had over-grazed after the big game against USD.

Bisonguy
11-18-2012, 06:44 PM

And expenses as well. Travel party limits for FCS are 130 for all rounds except the championship (145), and I'm guessing basketball travel parties are probably a little bit smaller.

EndZoneQB
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Frisco Cruiser to Brookings!!

56BISON73
11-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Eiu.........

Honeybooboo
11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Looks like whoever it is it will be a 3pm kickoff

bruinbison
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I'll go for EIU just so I can see another new mascot presentation by Thundering Herd. :rofl:
Loved SIU's dog w/stache

What will TH do with the EIU Panters, oops, I mean Panthers.....

SDbison
11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Eastern Illinois needs to upset SDSU. Great to get other teams in the dome from eastern half of US and kick their butt. Another MVFC game in a long playoff could make a difference for wear and tear on the Bison. Lost Perry already. Eastern is definitely the easier game for the Bison. Bunnies will be jacked for another shot at the Bison just a few weeks after a loss that was more their fault than Bison dominance. Also, Bison gain little with a week off. Bison rest is trumped by Bunny momentum from playing a home game the week before. Bunnies would love to play spoiler to their rival. And they match up well against the Bison. Bunnies get a break, not the Bison. This is the best SDSU could have hoped for because very little chance they are good enough to win the national championship. A victory in the playoffs in the Fargodome against the #1 Bison would be the Bunnies biggest accomplishment ever. Bison got shafted by the selection committee. Minimize travel costs my ass. This bracket is so DII.

SDbison
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
And expenses as well. Travel party limits for FCS are 130 for all rounds except the championship (145), and I'm guessing basketball travel parties are probably a little bit smaller. Too bad no reason to bias the playoffs. If you can't afford to travel in the playoffs don't participate. Complete joke and very DII like. They keep this shit up then time to go FBS.

HandoEX
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Frisco Cruiser to Brookings!!
I am so in for this, it must happen! Go blue!

MAKBison
11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
The Jacks----they showed Dome noise will affect them. They are immature and crack under pressure.

EndZoneQB
11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Eastern Illinois needs to upset SDSU. Great to get other teams in the dome from eastern half of US and kick their butt. Another MVFC game in a long playoff could make a difference for wear and tear on the Bison. Lost Perry already. Eastern is definitely the easier game for the Bison. Bunnies will be jacked for another shot at the Bison just a few weeks after a loss that was more their fault than Bison dominance. Also, Bison gain little with a week off. Bison rest is trumped by Bunny momentum from playing a home game the week before. Bunnies would love to play spoiler to their rival. And they match up well against the Bison. Bunnies get a break, not the Bison. This is the best SDSU could have hoped for because very little chance they are good enough to win the national championship. A victory in the playoffs in the Fargodome against the #1 Bison would be the Bunnies biggest accomplishment ever. Bison got shafted by the selection committee. Minimize travel costs my ass. This bracket is so DII.

SDLakes, is that you??

Bisonguy
11-18-2012, 07:11 PM

If it was a DII bracket the MVFC would have only received 2 teams along wtih the Big Sky only getting 2 teams. You'd also only have NDSU, MSU, or EWU receiving a seed (most likely not NDSU because of some douchebag on the selection committee), and SHSU would definitely be a seed even though their record doesn't even come close to justifying it. Lafayette would probably be one of the other seeds.

HandoEX
11-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh no, not a challenge for our poor little Bison!

Forget that! Bring 'em on!

KilldeerBison
11-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I am in favor of EIU because we haven't played them yet. But, if it's SDSU, that's ok by me. Either way, we will win and move on. GO BISON!

southcliffbison
11-18-2012, 07:16 PM

Actually, the seven day forecast calls for sunny weather and highs of 48 to 52 degrees here in southeastern SD ............this thru Saturday. If the weather is even close to what they're forcasting for weather next Saturday in Brookings, pass happy offenses should do just fine. If EIU can't pass successfully, they shouldn't have the weather to blame.

taper
11-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Too bad no reason to bias the playoffs. If you can't afford to travel in the playoffs don't participate. Complete joke and very DII like. They keep this shit up then time to go FBS.
NCAA pays travel costs for the teams. Mighty generous of them since they take half the gate and most of the merch(minimum).

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Actually, the seven day forecast calls for sunny weather and highs of 48 to 52 degrees here in southeastern SD ............this thru Saturday. If the weather is even close to what they're forcasting for weather next Saturday in Brookings, pass happy offenses should do just fine. If EIU can't pass successfully, they shouldn't have the weather to blame.Good to hear. You just never know this time of year, especially at CAS.

aces1180
11-18-2012, 07:21 PM
This is my its "all about me" opinion, much like last year's Semifinal game being played a Saturday wish...

Only if our second baby is born in advance, do I want EIU, as missing a home game agains them would be much easier pill to swallow than a game with the Jacks.

If the baby comes within the next week and a half, bring on the Bunnies!

aces1180
11-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Actually, the seven day forecast calls for sunny weather and highs of 48 to 52 degrees here in southeastern SD ............this thru Saturday. If the weather is even close to what they're forcasting for weather next Saturday in Brookings, pass happy offenses should do just fine. If EIU can't pass successfully, they shouldn't have the weather to blame.

They better practice their throws for that crown, however.

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
They better practice their throws for that crown, however.This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MAKBison
11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Jacks, beating them again would provide bit of pay back for LP and because they are incredible douches.
According to their Football Forum, We pump artificial noise into the Dome. Also, rabbit nation seems to generally believes that the Dome is a huge shit whole, the cannon fire after each score is obnoxiousness and that the Bison Nation at large is a bunch of US, veteran hating, commies-----"and the home of the BISON"

Check out their FF for NDSU week...its freaking Hilarious.

56BISON73
11-18-2012, 07:34 PM
SDSU had their chance. No second times around.

HandoEX
11-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh boy!!! This is gonna be good...

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?12404-Fargo-to-CAS-round-two...bus-to-Brookings-for-EIU-game&p=213476#post213476

SamsRams
11-18-2012, 07:47 PM

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?12404-Fargo-to-CAS-round-two...bus-to-Brookings-for-EIU-game&p=213476#post213476

Hope u get reemed as hard as i did
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27393-Bye-Week-Bison-Pride

SDbison
11-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Their 6 regular posters don't care. SDSU and Brookings suck so why would you want to drive 200 miles to their really shit hole stadium and then cheer for them.......really?
Hando have you lost your marbles?

westnodak93bison
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
One way to show up the NCAA. Bison fans take over Brookings next Saturday and give EIU a home field advantage with cowbells. That would be hilarious.

aces1180
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
One way to show up the NCAA. Bison fans take over Brookings next Saturday and give EIU a home field advantage with cowbells. That would be hilarious.

Yes, Bison fans...Bring cowbells...Great idea!

SamsRams
11-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Their 6 regular posters don't care. SDSU and Brookings suck so why would you want to drive 200 miles to their really shit hole stadium and then cheer for them.......really?
I wanna know if rod and todd aka mack browns boy toys are gonna roll with hando?

MAKBison
11-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Posted over on AGS by A Jacks Fan ====like our chances.....especially now that we do not have to worry about #69 Perry.

aces1180
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Posted over on AGS by A Jacks Fan ====like our chances.....especially now that we do not have to worry about #69 Perry.

I commented back that I hope nothing happens to #65 if we play them...

MAKBison
11-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I commented back that I hope nothing happens to #65 if we play them...

I seen that----I am getting so sick of hearing we only lost be 3 and we didn't even play that well.

HandoEX
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Sorry bud, you'll need to meet us there since your place isn't on the way. Oh, and since you live in Rabbit country, go ahead and grab a bunch of Jacks gear for the rest of us and we'll go ahead and meet up with ya in Brookings! Thanks.

Kermit
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Not so fast--I doubt you will be able to get tickets.

SDbison
11-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Sorry bud, you'll need to meet us there since your place isn't on the way. Oh, and since you live in Rabbit country, go ahead and grab a bunch of Jacks gear for the rest of us and we'll go ahead and meet up with ya in Brookings! Thanks. You are on your own bud. Tell the 10 bunny turd fans that respect NDSU that I hope they get the crap knocked out of them and lose 3 players to cheap shots.

unbison
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
You are on your own bud. Tell the 10 bunny turd fans that respect NDSU that I hope they get the crap knocked out of them and lose 3 players to cheap shots.
C'mon even gene Taylor said it was a football play and that there was no need to send it to the conference office

SDbison
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
C'mon even gene Taylor said it was a football play and that there was no need to send it to the conference office Gene has to be politically correct, I don't.

natstar1
11-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Teams like UNC and Duke play their opening round games often at the same site, they're just not in the same bracket

unbison
11-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Gene has to be politically correct, I don't.
You are correct you can say whatever you wish wether it makes you look petty or not is to be
Determined by others ;)

SDbison
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
unbison you took the moral high ground. So proud of you.

goalpost
11-18-2012, 10:17 PM
whoever it is , lets kick some ass

CaBisonFan
11-18-2012, 10:52 PM
The Bison entered playoff mode in the 4th quarter against ISUr. The offense figured out what it has to do.

westnodak93bison
11-19-2012, 01:13 AM
I have a sneaky feeling the selection committee just gave the Bison some added motivation. Talk about a slap in the face.

Swaghook
11-19-2012, 01:16 AM
It's all about the money if the bunnies win the first week they(NCAA) only have to pay for a bus trip to Fargo.

TateMosersneighbor
11-19-2012, 01:17 AM
I'd like to see SDSU back in the dome and maybe Leevon Perry could do the pregame pep talk.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Do not want to see the bunnies again. I will go with EIU.

heffray
11-19-2012, 01:20 AM
I have a sneaky feeling the selection committee just gave the Bison some added motivation. Talk about a slap in the face.

I agree that it sucks, but can you blame them? With the exception of our last half of football, we have NOT been playing like the number 1 team in FCS since YSU. It's more of a slap in the face to SDSU or the MVFC as whole IMO...

ndsubison1
11-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

SDSU is the better team compared to EIU, so I'd rather send them back to Brookings humiliated and jealous after Bison domination!

dont understand why we want to play the better team... id prefer an easier road

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 01:28 AM

No shit. People been drinking bad water up there?

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2012, 01:30 AM
whoever it is , lets kick some ass

This here!!

Who cares if it is the Jacks. We get 2 weeks of rest for either one. Guys get healed up and will be ready to go.

Ya, the selection committee probably fucked us but play the hand we were dealt.

Bison do not turn the ball over and we win the NC again.....I don't care who we play. The only team that will be the Bison....is the Bison and their own mistakes.

Swaghook
11-19-2012, 01:31 AM

The easier road was given to the #2 seed. The top half of the bracket is absolutely stacked.

ndsubison1
11-19-2012, 01:38 AM
The easier road was given to the #2 seed. The top half of the bracket is absolutely stacked.

eiu is a worse team than sdsu. i want as easy a road as possible

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 02:33 AM
No shit. People been drinking bad water up there?

I think you need to come back up here and slap Hando with a sausage and knock some sense into him!

ndsubison1
11-19-2012, 02:49 AM
sdsu could be our toughest game leading up to frisco (if we make it). theyre familiar with us and an incredibly balanced team. what adjustments will stieg make from the last game? i dont like the concept of playing a team twice in one season at all.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 02:51 AM
I think you need to come back up here and slap Hando with a sausage and knock some sense into him!

Be back within a week!!!!

grizlandbisonfan
11-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Ha!

Anyone else remember what happened last time the Jacks made the playoffs (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293320149)?

I think about this game and giggle every couple of months.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2012, 03:10 AM
Interesting question...but it won't matter.

Southern Bison
11-19-2012, 03:14 AM

I'd respectfully disagree. E. Washington also has Montana State, GA Southern, Sam Houston St., & Cal Poly. When I look at our bracket, Wofford or UNH will be like the Lehigh game last year & GaSo or ODU is going to be eliminated before the semifinal in Fargo. As far as the semifinal game, it's hard to say tonight who would be the stronger opponent.

silkamilkamonico
11-19-2012, 03:26 AM
I'd respectfully disagree. E. Washington also has Montana State, GA Southern, Sam Houston St., & Cal Poly. When I look at our bracket, Wofford or UNH will be like the Lehigh game last year & GaSo or ODU is going to be eliminated before the semifinal in Fargo. As far as the semifinal game, it's hard to say tonight who would be the stronger opponent.

Couldn't agree more. Couldn't be happier with our bracket. NDSU is better than SDSU on paper. If their coach makes adjustments and they beat us, than it was a case where we just got outcoached.

MAKBison
11-19-2012, 03:49 AM
C'mon even gene Taylor said it was a football play and that there was no need to send it to the conference office

CB noted it was behind the play and a block that did not need to happen

silkamilkamonico
11-19-2012, 04:10 AM

Those blocks happen on every single play by both teams throughout the game. NDSU blocks behind the play just as much as their opponent week in and week out. That is such a weak argument, IMHO. EVERY team does it throughout the flow of the game.

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Those blocks happen on every single play by both teams throughout the game. NDSU blocks behind the play just as much as their opponent week in and week out. That is such a weak argument, IMHO. EVERY team does it throughout the flow of the game.

Be a man and block him standing up if it's behind the play. Considering the strength and conditioning of players these days, this shouldn't be a problem.

ndsubison1
11-19-2012, 04:22 AM
so if we play sdsu is the dakota marker up for grabs again or is it like the nickel and the playoffs dont count for it?

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 04:30 AM
so if we play sdsu is the dakota marker up for grabs again or is it like the nickel and the playoffs dont count for it?

Watched the presser from today, and Olson is down with putting the Marker up for grabs. However, I believe it will be saved for regular season match ups only.

IzzyFlexion
11-19-2012, 04:37 AM

I would like to see Leevon walk out to the center of the field for the coin toss carrying the marker......................then do some "leg bashin" of his own.

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 04:40 AM
I would like to see Leevon walk out to the center of the field for the coin toss carrying the marker......................then do some "leg bashin" of his own.

I'm assuming you're thinking Nancy Kerrigan incident... WHY?????

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Be a man and block him standing up if it's behind the play. Considering the strength and conditioning of players these days, this shouldn't be a problem.

Seriously?

unbison
11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Did not need to happen is a far cry from calling it a cheap shot or illegal
What do we as bison fans say or think when a opposing team
Complains about low blocks or blocking to hard..... Do we say its part of the game or do we say omg can you believe how rough our team is playing?
Well enough said quit whining

Ross
11-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet today, as far as I know... Vandrovec re-tweeted something from one of the SDSU twitter accounts today about every single student ticket for the playoff game next week is FREE!! I couldn't even fathom the line tomorrow morning at the BSA if our student tickets were free.

NDSU charges $5 for student tickets, FYI, and I like that. It will ensure that the students that have tickets will be standing in front of their seats.

As far as my choice of opponent for December 1, I could care less. I'm pretty sure the Bison like to say "Bring on the competition." SDSU would probably be a close game again, but wouldn't it be fun to see the Youngstown State version of the Bison steam-roll SDSU in the playoffs? That would make my year! If Tony Romo U comes to Fargo, they're in for a butt-kicking even if the Bison don't play their best game.

Man, 2 weeks can't go by fast enough! Go Bison!

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet today, as far as I know... Vandrovec re-tweeted something from one of the SDSU twitter accounts today about every single student ticket for the playoff game next week is FREE!! I couldn't even fathom the line tomorrow morning at the BSA if our student tickets were free.

NDSU charges $5 for student tickets, FYI, and I like that. It will ensure that the students that have tickets will be standing in front of their seats.

As far as my choice of opponent for December 1, I could care less. I'm pretty sure the Bison like to say "Bring on the competition." SDSU would probably be a close game again, but wouldn't it be fun to see the Youngstown State version of the Bison steam-roll SDSU in the playoffs? That would make my year! If Tony Romo U comes to Fargo, they're in for a butt-kicking even if the Bison don't play their best game.

Man, 2 weeks can't go by fast enough! Go Bison!per NCAA files, they need to charge at least $5 for student tickets. So someone is paying the $5, just not the students. Iirc the NDSU alumni association purchased a number student tickets for redistribution either last year or the year before... Totally legit. So bottom line the student tix aren't free at sdsu even if the students aren't paying for them. I'm thinking they're gonna have a hell of a time getting peeps at the game...

NDSU92
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
per NCAA files, they need to charge at least $5 for student tickets. So someone is paying the $5, just not the students. Iirc the NDSU alumni association purchased a number student tickets for redistribution either last year or the year before... Totally legit. So bottom line the student tix aren't free at sdsu even if the students aren't paying for them. I'm thinking they're gonna have a hell of a time getting peeps at the game...

Yes you are correct the alumni association has bought up to 500 for redistribution and I think Smashburger has done the same in the past. Also FWIW I thought I saw somewhere that SDSU was charging $10 per student ticket, someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes you are correct the alumni association has bought up to 500 for redistribution and I think Smashburger has done the same in the past. Also FWIW I thought I saw somewhere that SDSU was charging $10 per student ticket, someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.Well, I'm sure they have a sizeable bid they need to cover somehow...

daddy daycare
11-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Count me in as a fan who thinks getting SDSU coming off a bye is better than getting them in any of the next rounds, should it come to that. I am not willing to count out Eastern Illinois, however.

bajadanny
11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
There can be not doubt in anyones mind that ewu got the easier first round game, as for beyond that well they are all good in the semi's

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devin45k
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Never cheer for a rival. I hate SDSU and will cheer for whoever they play except if they played UND, then I would cheer for SDSU because of conference pride.

SDbison
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Originally SDSU was going to charge students $10 for this game.

BisonAccountant44
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM

I agree with part of that. My question though is, does Charleston really count as the Illinois market?

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree with part of that. My question though is, does Charleston really count as the Illinois market? Having been there, I'd say that's somewhere between a no and a hell no. Makes Macomb look nice.

NDSU92
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally SDSU was going to charge students $10 for this game.

I believe they still are, per the SDSU message board a local business purchased a limited amount of student tickets.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Okay, guys, I am so fired up. I think the selection committee just slapped the MVFC in the face; this is absolute BS and while I am not surprised, this should get NDSU charged up.

That team that played the second half versus ISUr was the same team we saw against Youngstown. It does not matter which of those two teams come; NDSU is going to have 19K rabid fans who are pissed off and a team that may be finally peaking (and not minute too soon).

Time to take care of business; time to show a new Bison dynasty has arrived.

bisonsupporter
11-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Okay, guys, I am so fired up. I think the selection committee just slapped the MVFC in the face; this is absolute BS and while I am not surprised, this should get NDSU charged up.

That team that played the second half versus ISUr was the same team we saw against Youngstown. It does not matter which of those two teams come; NDSU is going to have 19K rabid fans who are pissed off and a team that may be finally peaking (and not minute too soon).

Couldnt have said it better myself! The selection committee is daring the Bison to repeat. Challenge accepted.

NDSU92
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM

Just playing devil's advocate but shouldn't this also get SDSU charged up?

heffray
11-19-2012, 05:35 PM

This is exactly right, and, to my earlier point, why this really doesn't surpise me. It's more of a slap in the face to the MVFC as a whole, guys. Plus, we don't need anymore motivation than the opportunity in front of us. Ask PL, he'll probably agree with me on this one. He may even wear a yellow shirt if we make it to Frisco again.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself! The selection committee is daring the Bison to repeat. Challenge accepted.

Its more of a slap to the bunnies as they were one of the two last teams picked. That being the case that puts the bunnies at #19 or #20. I know it sucks but the #1 is supposed to play either #19 or #20.

BisonNation11
11-19-2012, 05:39 PM

I don't know about charging up the Bunnies. That's up to Energizer batteries. Letting SDSU in the playoffs should be their motivation and a chance at knocking us off again. The Bison were dealt a screw you hand. Screw your conference. If it's so great, run the gauntlet again and prove it. If the Bunnies beat us, I will cheer for them for the remainder of their playoff run. But if we do play them, I hope we wipe the floor with them and shove it in the committee's face. Bring 'em on! We came, we saw, we kicked their a$$! AGAIN!

tjamz
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM

I agree, especially early on in the playoffs.... maybe blow open a big lead and get some reps for our backups (wishful thinking maybe, but I can dream, right?) Our 2nd game (whoever it is) should be a bigger test than the first game I believe and the games should continue to be closer and more evenly matched as the march to Frisco continues... so we can build momentum as we go. Just my thoughts.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
This is exactly right, and, to my earlier point, why this really doesn't surpise me. It's more of a slap in the face to the MVFC as a whole, guys. Plus, we don't need anymore motivation than the opportunity in front of us. Ask PL, he'll probably agree with me on this one. He may even wear a yellow shirt if we make it to Frisco again.

Agreeing with you and or wearing yellow???????????? You really know how to push it.:biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Its more of a slap to the bunnies as they were one of the two last teams picked. That being the case that puts the bunnies at #19 or #20. I know it sucks but the #1 is supposed to play either #19 or #20.

Not sure I agree with you PL. Many of the weak conference champs are much weaker than the bunnies so even though I understand the logic, that is like saying NDSU was the 20th best team 2 years ago.

With this said, I agree with you that I am sure this was the "excuse" the committee made to save money. It is BS, and SDSU folk are as mad as NDSU fans. My goodness, not only did they get slapped in the face of playing a first round game when ISUr did not, but then they have to play the number one ranked team in the country. Worst possible draw for them, too.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Not sure I agree with you PL. Many of the weak conference champs are much weaker than the bunnies so even though I understand the logic, that is like saying NDSU was the 20th best team 2 years ago.

With this said, I agree with you that I am sure this was the "excuse" the committee made to save money. It is BS, and SDSU folk are as mad as NDSU fans. My goodness, not only did they get slapped in the face of playing a first round game when ISUr did not, but then they have to play the number one ranked team in the country. Worst possible draw for them, too.

Exactly correct. We backed in to the the playoffs that year and have no problem admitting it. I also agree with the rest of your post.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2012, 06:01 PM

all of this.

why are there so many people afraid of SDSU? WHEN the isu-r 4th qtr Bison team show up for the full game if SDSU is the opponent, the game will be over at halftime.

Tatanka
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
all of this.

why are there so many people afraid of SDSU? WHEN the isu-r 4th qtr Bison team show up for the full game if SDSU is the opponent, the game will be over at halftime.this. I respect the rabbits, but I do not fear them.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
all of this.

why are there so many people afraid of SDSU? WHEN the isu-r 4th qtr Bison team show up for the full game if SDSU is the opponent, the game will be over at halftime.

Has nothing to do with being afraid. It does have everything to do with taking the easier road at this juncture of the season. With the way some here are thinking lets play ODU right out of the box. Which game is beast for the TEAM.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Has nothing to do with being afraid. It does have everything to do with taking the easier road at this juncture of the season. With the way some here are thinking lets play ODU right out of the box. Which game is beast for the TEAM.
Its a second round game.

SDSU is being totally overhyped here by many. Lets all calm down a notch. playing them or colgate ain't gonna matter.

runtheoption
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM

BEAST MODE!!!

If it ends up being SDSU, you guys think the crowd amps it up a little more than what we did during the regular season? Maybe get to the level of the GSU semifinal game of last year?

HandoEX
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Our fan base has turned into a group of fearful wimps. Do you panzies wish we stayed DII so that we wouldn't have to face such big, mean, and scary opponents? If SDSU beats Eastern Illinois, it would be without a doubt the biggest win in program history. Think about that for a second and stop whining and making us look like babies!

I also love how people are complaining because "we are playing the 4th best FCS team in the country according to Sagarin". Does anyone really beleive that SDSU is that good? They have done absolutely nothing in any way, shape or form to be considered a top 5 team. THey are in the middle of the playoff pack at best, imo.

It is BS, and SDSU folk are as mad as NDSU fans. My goodness, not only did they get slapped in the face of playing a first round game when ISUr did not, but then they have to play the number one ranked team in the country. Worst possible draw for them, too.
Illinois State had a better resume than SDSU and the same record. ISUr had an FBS win and they beat a playoff team. SDSU's best win was against a team that Illinois State also beat (ISUb). SDSU deserved to be in the play-in field based on their season.

DjKyRo
11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I would love to play SDSU again and send them packing. The best stories come when you play the teams with the most fire behind them. Give me SDSU, Wofford, ODU, and Eastern Washington and I'm a happy camper.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
I would love to play SDSU again and send them packing. The best stories come when you play the teams with the most fire behind them. Give me SDSU, Wofford, ODU, and Eastern Washington and I'm a happy camper.

Man, could you imagine a Frisco game with EWU? My oh my would that be fun having about 18K Bison fans and 2K EWU fans.....

KTF
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
maybe its the 20-17 win by NDSU that has fans worried. We have to play someone in the playoffs and our motto "is bring on the competition" isn't it? Personally don't understand the fear of the SDSU team. Just worried that ISU-R game 1st half O&D will show up...

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
maybe its the 20-17 win by NDSU that has fans worried. We have to play someone in the playoffs and our motto "is bring on the competition" isn't it? Personally don't understand the fear of the SDSU team. Just worried that ISU-R game 1st half O&D will show up...
well if that happens, any playoff team will play NDSU close.

KTF
11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
well if that happens, any playoff team will play NDSU close. I agree... I think until they can put a complete game together, the fan base is going to be nervous. That being said I believe that ISUR tried a bunch of new stuff from the bye week preparation and we were caught off guard.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM

The point is YOU aint playing them. At this point in the season the TEAM doesnt NEED a tough game. Why is this lost on so many.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Its a second round game.

SDSU is being totally overhyped here by many. Lets all calm down a notch. playing them or colgate ain't gonna matter.

To you that is.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2012, 06:54 PM
To you that is.

Id say its split here on who and who isnt afraid of a bigger challenge in rd 1

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

westnodak93bison
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Our fan base has turned into a group of fearful wimps. Do you panzies wish we stayed DII so that we wouldn't have to face such big, mean, and scary opponents? If SDSU beats Eastern Illinois, it would be without a doubt the biggest win in program history. Think about that for a second and stop whining and making us look like babies!

I also love how people are complaining because "we are playing the 4th best FCS team in the country according to Sagarin". Does anyone really beleive that SDSU is that good? They have done absolutely nothing in any way, shape or form to be considered a top 5 team. THey are in the middle of the playoff pack at best, imo.

Illinois State had a better resume than SDSU and the same record. ISUr had an FBS win and they beat a playoff team. SDSU's best win was against a team that Illinois State also beat (ISUb). SDSU deserved to be in the play-in field based on their season.

So you are discounting Sagarin? That is laughable. I guess the big boys who put out the Vegas lines having been using erroneous info all these years! Good grief, he is THE authority.

HandoEX
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
The point is YOU aint playing them. At this point in the season the TEAM doesnt NEED a tough game. Why is this lost on so many.
Because we are Bison fans and this is how we roll. We are ten feet tall, bulletproof, our luxury apartments smell of fine mahongany, and we NEED a challenge. We want to beat the best and never, ever give others pause for doubt towards our unparalleled levels of supremecy. Why is this lost on you?

runtheoption
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Because we are Bison fans and this is how we roll. We are ten feet tall, bulletproof, our luxury apartments smell of fine mahongany, and we NEED a challenge. We want to beat the best and never, ever give others pause for doubt our unparalleled levels of supremecy. Why is this lost on you?

Is that the one with pepparoni, Canadian bacon, and sausage or the one with sausage, mushooms, and onions? I always get that mixed up with the Deluxe.

The Pizza Corner lovers will understand.

HandoEX
11-19-2012, 07:28 PM
So you are discounting Sagarin? That is laughable. I guess the big boys who put out the Vegas lines having been using erroneous info all these years! Good grief, he is THE authority.
Tell me how to buy into the fact that UNI is the 8th best FCS team in the country according to Sagarin after going 5-6 and beating USD by 3 at the end of the season. So because Sagain says so, UNI is better than Georgia Southern, Illinois State (beat UNI by 12), Southern Illinois (beat them by 3), Youngstown State (beat them by 7). All of those teams had better records than UNI and three of them beat UNI head to head, yet all of those teams were ranked below UNI by Sagarin at the end of the season and two of them were ranked lower when they beat UNI head to head.

It just seems odd to me, but what do I know?

SDbison
11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Bunnies have plenty of motivation and giving them a second chance at playing the Bison in an early round is to their advantage:
1. They just played NDSU and barely lost mostly because of their own mistakes so they BELIEVE they can win and are not intimidated by the dome.
2. They almost always play the Bison tough even when they are not very good. In a way kind of like NDSU playing Minnesota they feel like we look down on them.
3. Its a rivalry game and they get up to play the perennial power in the area. They desperately want a winning football tradition like NDSU has achieved.
4. Second chances just make it that much more difficult as they know our team very well and get another try at an upset.
5. Nothing to lose and everything to gain for the Bunnies. 1 in 100 chance they can play in 5 post season games and win it all. Beating NDSU would be their super bowl.
6. No real benefit for Bison having a week off since both teams already know each other well. Yes Bison get rest, but if SDSU wins they will feel tested, confident and have momentum.
7. Bunnies want revenge for just losing the marker. Playing spoiler would more than make up for that.

TransAmBison
11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I was not happy that we are likely to play SDSU again. I was happy to finally be done with our conference. I was really looking forward to the soft defenses and finesse offenses of other conferences. That is how I felt. Then I realized I forgot something. We are the Bison...and there was a saying...what was it...oh yeah...bring on the competition. Plus...we've got two weeks to heal and prepare.

This is gonna be a long two weeks.

CAS4127
11-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Have people thought of the possibility that our guys would like to play and smoke SDSU because we, or least our O, played so poorly when we played them in regular season. Also, that long scoring drive at the end of the game should have put a sour taste in the mouths of our D. I don't care whether it is EIU or SDSU, we will beat either IMO. Also, it is the playoffs, so we should not be surprised or upset that we are playing "tough" teams.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Whoever wins bring them on.

Tired of the whining. We have our swagger back, Brock Jensen refuses to lose and we have the best big game coaching staff in the FCS. I'm not sure why people think the dome doesn't bother SDSU...to my knowledge they've only ever won one game in the building and that was because their concussed QB bested Mertens.

DjKyRo
11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Whoever wins bring them on.

Tired of the whining. We have our swagger back, Brock Jensen refuses to lose and we have the best big game coaching staff in the FCS. I'm not sure why people think the dome doesn't bother SDSU...to my knowledge they've only ever won one game in the building and that was because their concussed QB bested Mertens.

Could not agree more. We rampaged through the best teams in the country last year. The last thing I want is for us to win and for somebody to say we didn't prove it on the field or that we didn't establish ourselves as the best team in the country - like EWU has had to go through with Fumblegate and having to come back from 19 down vs. Delaware in the finals. Our team can compete with anybody in the country. Bring it on.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Because we are Bison fans and this is how we roll. We are ten feet tall, bulletproof, our luxury apartments smell of fine mahongany, and we NEED a challenge. We want to beat the best and never, ever give others pause for doubt towards our unparalleled levels of supremecy. Why is this lost on you?

My fault. No need to burst the bubble.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2012, 07:49 PM
.....that was because their concussed QB bested Mertens.

Barry actually works here at Sanford in Sioux Falls as a nurse. Admits he did not remember much of the end of the game. And, just a reminder, Mertens had a decent game that day as NDSU finally realized he was a tough runner.

runtheoption
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I was not happy that we are likely to play SDSU again. I was happy to finally be done with our conference. I was really looking forward to the soft defenses and finesse offenses of other conferences. That is how I felt. Then I realized I forgot something. We are the Bison...and there was a saying...what was it...oh yeah...bring on the competition. Plus...we've got two weeks to heal and prepare.

This is gonna be a long two weeks.

My thoughts as well. I look forward to an energized playoff crowd keeping our team going, and curb stomping whoever we play.

Now I must go shower, I feel kinda dirty agreeing with you.

westnodak93bison
11-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Tell me how to buy into the fact that UNI is the 8th best FCS team in the country according to Sagarin after going 5-6 and beating USD by 3 at the end of the season. So because Sagain says so, UNI is better than Georgia Southern, Illinois State (beat UNI by 12), Southern Illinois (beat them by 3), Youngstown State (beat them by 7). All of those teams had better records than UNI and three of them beat UNI head to head, yet all of those teams were ranked below UNI by Sagarin at the end of the season and two of them were ranked lower when they beat UNI head to head.

It just seems odd to me, but what do I know?

If you know more than Sagarin you can make a living watching and betting. Good luck.

SDbison
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Nobody really refuted my previous post......just a bunch of posts saying bison better than this talk. In reality SDSU will give NDSU the toughest challenge in the playoffs until the final. MVFC rival with so many storylines. They are ranked #4 by sagarin for a reason.

westnodak93bison
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Nobody really refuted my previous post......just a bunch of posts saying bison better than this talk. In reality SDSU will give NDSU the toughest challenge in the playoffs until the final. MVFC rival with so many storylines. They are ranked #4 by sagarin for a reason.

What the hell does Sagarin know?

T-Funk
11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd like to see EIU. The Bison have already proven themselves against MVFC teams this year. Time to play against national competition.

BisonNeil
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see EIU. The Bison have already proven themselves against MVFC teams this year. Time to play against national competition.

I have already gone on record saying I wanted new meat, but EIU will never beat SDSU. I think it has been 17 or 18 years since an OVC team has won a playoff game. I know, they're due, right :D

I would not want to be #65 in the game two weeks from now. I think the Bison will be fired up over that cheap shot (and no 56, most of the world does not agree with you).

HandoEX
11-19-2012, 08:45 PM
If you know more than Sagarin you can make a living watching and betting. Good luck.
Well, I do know that football isn't mathematics and anyone that views Sagarin as anything more than a mathematical ranking is insane, foolish, and potentially broke from their ignorance. Sagarin is right more than he is wrong, but the output of his system isn't the gospel of football.

Football is more than margin of victory, strength of schedule, opponent's strength of schedule, etc. Does Sagarin take into account things like injuries, distractions, intimidation from past domination, etc? No, and Sagarin is flat out WRONG with plenty of his predictions and rankings. Never have I implied that I know more about FCS football than Jeff Sagarin, but it's impossible to have a system like his without tremendous, glaring flaws. If someone were able to develop a that system, sports gaming would stop immediately. The flaws in the systems like Sagarin's are why billions of dollars are still moved through sports bets. Come on man, how can you even argue any of this???

HandoEX
11-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I have already gone on record saying I wanted new meat, but EIU will never beat SDSU. I think it has been 17 or 18 years since an OVC team has won a playoff game. I know, they're due, right :D

I would not want to be #65 in the game two weeks from now. I think the Bison will be fired up over that cheap shot (and no 56, most of the world does not agree with you).
I think that the SDSU playoff winless streak is eternity, which is slightly longer than the OVC's 18 year playoff winless streak :)

BisonNeil
11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I think that the SDSU playoff winless streak is eternity, which is slightly longer than the OVC's 18 year playoff winless streak :)

Ha! Thanks for the belly laugh!

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Dont give a shit. But most people who have played the game arent the ones who are bitching. If any player has the time to actually look for #65 they arent doing there job.

EndZoneQB
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
[/B]

Dont give a shit. But most people who have played the game arent the ones who are bitching. If any player has the time to actually look for #65 they arent doing there job.

Exactly. We always used to talk in the huddle about not getting mad, because when you do, that's when mistakes happen.

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Exactly. We always used to talk in the huddle about not getting mad, because when you do, that's when mistakes happen.

Yep. If you are pissed at me. I own you,.

MAKBison
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Theoretically you mean. Not by the current rules. :-)

56BISON73
11-19-2012, 09:56 PM

Well played!!!!:)

TAILG8R
11-19-2012, 10:25 PM

Well playoff rules are different right?

Kermit
11-19-2012, 11:43 PM

I agree with you SD. The bunnies are the last team I wanted to see. I think we will win, but we didn't need this matchup now.

Tatanka
11-20-2012, 12:07 AM
I agree. Although I don't see anyone really arguing. Playing sdsu is not optimal by any stretch, but I refuse to cower in fear of the rabbit. Respect yes fear no. I believe the bison will win... and I believe the jacks will be their opponent and not eiu.

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2012, 12:12 AM
I am so looking forward to the Bunnies!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Playboy_Bunnies_2011.jpg/220px-Playboy_Bunnies_2011.jpg

75NOVA
11-20-2012, 12:24 AM
If we can't beat the bunnies we don't deserve to be National Champions! But I too don't like two valley teams playing this early!

BisonTeacher
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
I am so looking forward to the Bunnies!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Playboy_Bunnies_2011.jpg/220px-Playboy_Bunnies_2011.jpg

Shameless post to get rep!!!

Yep...I gave you one!!!

CAS4127
11-20-2012, 03:02 AM
If Jack fans thought we were pumping noise in for conference game, what will they say/do when they see. How we are in PO's?!?? Bring them on and send them home with a understanding of what PO's really are and how NC teams/fans handle it!

IOW, lets party!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RowdyRabbit
11-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Yes you are correct the alumni association has bought up to 500 for redistribution and I think Smashburger has done the same in the past. Also FWIW I thought I saw somewhere that SDSU was charging $10 per student ticket, someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Perhaps this has been cleared up already, I'm replying as I read....a bunch of local businesses picked up the tab for the student tickets at $10/ticket, I haven't heard a quantity.

Bisonfan1
11-20-2012, 03:14 AM

So that was YOU that got escorted out of the Northern after your little Huddle with Izzy ?? No reason to get mad when your trying to stuff a quarter not a dollar bill, think about it. :D

Bisonfan1
11-20-2012, 03:17 AM
And back to thread, It makes no differance to me, however the puker factor is more when you have to play someone twice. ( for most fans I think, players I dont know ) SDSU is dangerous.

344Johnson
11-20-2012, 03:42 AM
To be the best you have got to beat the best. Unfortunately, like many, I don't like playing teams(in this case, a rival) twice.

North Side
11-20-2012, 04:52 AM
I hope its great weather wise. That help the passing game of E ill.