PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Mayville State

HoopsBison
11-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Bison got the Comets today and then go on the road for 3 starting on Monday.

Last tune up game of the season and then its go time.

Hope to see some things get cleaned up and ready to go for a tough Youngstown State team.

GO Bison!

BisonTeacher
11-17-2012, 10:09 PM
All together now....neulion sucks!!!!!

Not getting any video right now.

BisonTeacher
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Ok. Have video...but no commentary. The band is playing livin on a prayer though.

BisonTeacher
11-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Bison 33 20 at half

BisonTeacher
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Im not sure if its our fans or their bench...tells you how many people at the bsa tonight.. Anyway..if its our fans its sad they count down the actual shot clock for the other team. Dont most schools count a few seconds fast to get the other team to rush a shot?

TbonZach
11-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Anyway..if its our fans its sad they count down the actual shot clock for the other team. Dont most schools count a few seconds fast to get the other team to rush a shot?

Our pep band usually counts ahead. And other various obnoxious things that occasionally work.

For example: making a player shooting a FT, who had been perfect all night, miss because she was laughing.

BisonTeacher
11-18-2012, 12:02 AM
73-40 Bison.

Granted it was Mayville...but Im seeing a few good things. Last year, I was very frustrated with the dribble drive/ one on one offense. Dribble drive is fine if you use it to creat open shots when the weak side defense comes to help. I saw some of that tonight. i saw us setting some picks. making passes. playing as a team. Not one on one basketball.

I hope this continues as our opponents get more difficult. Nice win tonight.

BisonTeacher
11-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Our pep band usually counts ahead. And other various obnoxious things that occasionally work.

For example: making a player shooting a FT, who had been perfect all night, miss because she was laughing.

I only heard a few things on the broadcast...so I apologize if I heard the wrong thing. Maybe it was their fans or team then.

HoopsBison
11-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Defense was good and offense had its moments but seemed to be executing much better in the second half. My only gripe is the struggle we had to get it to the bigs down low at times.

- Chris Kading played a very solid game tonight, he does a nice job battling for position and is not afraid to go up strong and throw it down.

- We have a couple guys that need to play more confident on the offensive side of the ball and be willing to knock down the open jump shot when the shot is given to them. At times they pass it up and our offense becomes a mess because of it.

- Jordan Aaberg barely played tonight, not sure if his back was giving him problems or if it was other reasons.

Next up is Youngstown State on Monday, would be a good win for us.

CaBisonFan
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
The Bison play soft...and hesitant.

heckler
11-18-2012, 07:04 PM
1568 for attendance. Good for us against these type of teams?

Tatanka
11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
1568 for attendance. Good for us against these type of teams?Paid, or actual asses in seats? Either way par for the course.