PDA

View Full Version : Bison recruiting Cody Vitt? (Fairview, MT; he had the best game I've ever heard of)

WNDBisonFan
11-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Fairview, MT (near the MT/ND border SW of Williston) is undefeated this year after losing in the title game last year. Cody Vitt is their stud RB

On 10/5, he had 7 rushes for 221 yards. The unbelievable thing is that all 7 rushes were TDs!!

He's currently averaging 12.9 yards per rush.

Here are his stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/wjaXF4VTc0qZ-BY8fFM2Xw/football-fall-12/stats-cody-vitt.htm

Highlights of a recent playoff game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcm7bFdLBws

He looks like he would be a great "get" for the Bison! Future LB?

devin45k
11-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Good lord that's a lot of TDs

FarSouth Bison
11-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Does MT still have 6 man football?

GRAFTONBISON
11-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Does MT still have 6 man football?

Yes, just look at the Griz defense this year.

GRAFTONBISON
11-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Answer Guy just reminded me that we have 6 man football in ND as well but you have to have crazy speed.

Sorry AG, I couldn't stop myself :biggrin:

Vitojr130
11-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Fairview, MT (near the MT/ND border SW of Williston) is undefeated this year after losing in the title game last year. Cody Vitt is their stud RB

On 10/5, he had 7 rushes for 221 yards. The unbelievable thing is that all 7 rushes were TDs!!

Here are his stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/wjaXF4VTc0qZ-BY8fFM2Xw/football-fall-12/stats-cody-vitt.htm

This video makes him look small and slow. He's only 17th in the nation. The Bison go for 1st or go home.

FarSouth Bison
11-15-2012, 07:23 PM
What teams in NoDak play 6 man? Is it the northeast corner where Grafton is located?

CAS4127
11-15-2012, 07:26 PM
What teams in NoDak play 6 man? Is it the northeast corner where Grafton is located?

South and east of there of Grafton. See insert below:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/418486_3265066036039_559406064_n.jpg

Answer Guy
11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
South and east of there of Grafton. See insert below:

Your map doesn't show the true footprint of Bison Nation.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Map2.jpg

Charlie - I do have better things to do. Just decided I enjoy this more.

Bison03
11-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, just look at the Griz defense this year.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

gizmo
11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
IMO, NDSU would not be defending national champs without the great players from the small schools in ND, SD, MN, etc. We may as well add MT to the list. ND has sent some pretty good athletes to MT schools in the past so it would be nice to reciprocate the favor.

westnodak93bison
11-15-2012, 10:19 PM
IMO, NDSU would not be defending national champs without the great players from the small schools in ND, SD, MN, etc. We may as well add MT to the list. ND has sent some pretty good athletes to MT schools in the past so it would be nice to reciprocate the favor.

Look at our wrestling roster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonBabyYeah
11-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Fairview is on the border of ND - just like Fargo. Half of the boys on their FB team are ND kids. Just as much a ND school as a MT school.
I agree with the earlier post regarding the small town schools being important to the Bison. If you can't keep it local why watch? The best part of going to those games is watching local kids whether it's ND, MN, MT or SD. If the roster was full of kids from other states (not that they're not important too), I would have a hard time viewing it as a true ND football team.

Bison"FANatic"
11-27-2012, 04:00 PM
If the roster was full of kids from other states (not that they're not important too), I would have a hard time viewing it as a true ND football team.

But that is exactly what you are saying???? Your saying the team has to have ND kids for the Bison to be important to you and that makes the ND kids more important than the others. I don't care where they come from I myself don't watch and go to games because they are local but each to his own. I just want to watch great football with the best players we can put on the field, If they come from ND great if they don't that's fine also.

KSBisonFan
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Cue a Gabe rant about in-state players in 3.....2.......

Bison"FANatic"
11-27-2012, 04:16 PM

It basically doesn't matter why you come to the games or why you cheer for the Bison. Just yell like hell and have a good time doing it.

EndZoneQB
11-27-2012, 04:51 PM
But that is exactly what you are saying???? Your saying the team has to have ND kids for the Bison to be important to you and that makes the ND kids more important than the others. I don't care where they come from I myself don't watch and go to games because they are local but each to his own. I just want to watch great football with the best players we can put on the field, If they come from ND great if they don't that's fine also.

Sketch first post...

southcliffbison
11-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Fairview is on the border of ND - just like Fargo. Half of the boys on their FB team are ND kids. Just as much a ND school as a MT school.
I agree with the earlier post regarding the small town schools being important to the Bison. If you can't keep it local why watch? The best part of going to those games is watching local kids whether it's ND, MN, MT or SD. If the roster was full of kids from other states (not that they're not important too), I would have a hard time viewing it as a true ND football team.

The hockies from up north don't have one single ND kid on their roster; 13 skaters from O'Canada. So, is North Dakota really a North Dakota team? With that being asked, I don't care where they recruit; I don't watch the hockies anyway, college or NHL. NHL not having a season isn't a blib on my radar.

thebigund
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
The hockies from up north don't have one single ND kid on their roster; 13 skaters from O'Canada. So, is North Dakota really a North Dakota team? With that being asked, I don't care where they recruit; I don't watch the hockies anyway, college or NHL. NHL not having a season isn't a blib on my radar.

They've got two Grand Forks Central kids coming next year and a Devils Lake kid the year after.

southcliffbison
11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
They've got two Grand Forks Central kids coming next year and a Devils Lake kid the year after.

Next year? OK.......... I was commenting on this year's roster ........ next year, the hockies have 2 ND kids on the 26? man roster. I guess that's a start.

heffray
11-27-2012, 05:24 PM

This post is ridiculous. I suggest rooting for another team if that's your mindset, because the majority of our players and our starters are from out of state.

I don't care where they are from, as long as they can play football.

southcliffbison
11-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Back on topic........ regarding young Mr. Vitt from Fairview. It is my understanding that he got ejected from the state championship game for throwing a punch (Fairview was getting beaten quite handily), so this may have a bearing on his recruitment. I suspect Coach Beisot from Dickie State University has Vitt on his radar.

HerdBot

I think he looks kind of slow but yes we need to get the top 5 ND players every year. But obviously we need to look elsewhere. Where would we be without Cole Jirik, Kyle Emmanuel, Leevon Perry, Grant Olson, Carlton Littlejohn, Christian Dudzik, and Marcus Williams.

thebigund
Next year? OK.......... I was commenting on this year's roster ........ next year, the hockies have 2 ND kids on the 26? man roster. I guess that's a start. That's actually alot if you think about how few D1 hockey players there are compared to football. Then you throw in the population of Grand Forks and Devils Lake compared to places like Winnipeg that produce tons of really good hockey players every year.

devin45k
11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
That's actually alot if you think about how few D1 hockey players there are compared to football. Then you throw in the population of Grand Forks and Devils Lake compared to places like Winnipeg that produce tons of really good hockey players every year.

That's a stretch lol

heffray
11-27-2012, 05:38 PM
That's actually alot if you think about how few D1 hockey players there are compared to football. Then you throw in the population of Grand Forks and Devils Lake compared to places like Winnipeg that produce tons of really good hockey players every year.

Which is Why no one cares about that sport or your school...

--ANYWAY, I agree with Gabe, we should be recruiting the top Football players from ND, as long as they fit into our program, and as long as they are good enough to play for NDSU.

devin45k
11-27-2012, 05:40 PM

--ANYWAY, I agree with Gabe, we should be recruiting the top Football players from ND, as long as they fit into our program, and as long as they are good enough to play for NDSU.

Agree with both...

We can get the top from ND but there is no need getting the 4th best if he is at a U Mary or MSUM level

HerdBot
11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Agree with both...

We can get the top from ND but there is no need getting the 4th best if he is at a U Mary or MSUM level

Correct. We don't need to have a quota. Just get every guy that is good. If that means 10 then get 10. If that means 3 then get 3. Try to get all the borderline kids to walkon like the old school Nebraska walkon program. I think Illies, Morlock, and Johs fit the bill for sure. You also have to look at attrition. Players from North Dakota, Minnesota, and the midwest in general don't leave the program as much. Remember all the studs we signed out of California or Texas? Yes we got DJ and Holloway but the rest of the guys got homesick, didn't make the grades, or just couldn't deal with the culture change of going from warm climates to the midwest. When you lose players it severely hinders your program. We have had phenomenal success with that lately.

HerdBot
11-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Correct. We don't need to have a quota. Just get every guy that is good. If that means 10 then get 10. If that means 3 then get 3. Try to get all the borderline kids to walkon like the old school Nebraska walkon program. I think Illies, Morlock, and Johs fit the bill for sure. You also have to look at attrition. Players from North Dakota, Minnesota, and the midwest in general don't leave the program as much. Remember all the studs we signed out of California or Texas? Yes we got DJ and Holloway but the rest of the guys got homesick, didn't make the grades, or just couldn't deal with the culture change of going from warm climates to the midwest. When you lose players it severely hinders your program. We have had phenomenal success with that lately.

to continue on my point. In 2009-2010 we signed 46 players and have developed rock stars across the board. Not counting career ending injuries, we've only lost 6 players which is insanely low. It's a big part of why we are so DEEP! These are the players who are no longer with the team. Most of them are from a long ways away except Jemison but I think we can agree his situation was kind of wacky. Looks like Nebraska has not only produced long term players, but stars.

NO LONGER WITH TEAM
56 Brandon Jemison LB 6-1 199 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
21 Nick Powell-Calhoun WR 6-4 203 Fr. Santa Ana, Calif. (Segerstrom HS)[/b]
28 Mike Sigers RB 5-6 158 Fr. Houston, Texas (North Forest HS)[/b]
43 Don Carter LB 6-1 220 Fr. Bel Air, Md. (Boys Latin HS/Lake Forest Academy)[/b]
18 Wes Hudson CB 5-10 179 Fr. Houston, Texas (Morton Ranch HS)[/b]
19 Tevin Pittman WR 6-4 189 Fr. Osceola, Wis. (Osceola HS)[/b]

Of the remaining 40 players still with the team...
8 ND
15 MN
4 NE (Hinz, Emannual, Bruhn, Dudzik)
6 WI
2 SD (Hardie, Gebheart)
1 IL (Ojuri)
1 Fl (Pierre)
1 PA (Keller)
1 CA (Murphy *long snapper*
1 IA (pomerenke)

If you look at the 2011 class, we've already had 6 guys leave and like before most are from a long ways away

88 Luke Albers TE 6-5 228 Fr. Amherst Junction, Wis. (Iola-Scandinavia HS)
46 Andrew Bonnet FB 6-3 231 Fr. Council Bluffs, Iowa (Underwood HS)
39 Brennan Cable FB 6-1 226 Fr. Marshall, Minn. (Marshall HS)
32 Jordan Champion CB 5-9 175 Fr. Avondale, Ariz. (Westview HS)
84 Brandon Chrest WR 6-3 183 Fr. Cavalier, N.D. (Cavalier HS)
64 Josh Colville OL 6-2 268 Fr. Deephaven, Minn. (Minnetonka HS)
30 Jedre Cyr FB 6-0 227 Fr. Glyndon, Minn. (Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton HS)
51 DeShawn Dinwiddie LB 6-2 209 Fr. Hutchinson, Kan. (Hutchinson HS)
15 Dylan Dunn WR 6-3 203 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
37 Berkley Grimm FB 5-11 233 Fr. Iowa City, Iowa (Regina HS)
59 Joe Haeg OT 6-6 268 Fr. Lake Shore, Minn. (Brainerd HS)
99 Joe Horvath DT 6-2 256 Fr. Stevens Point, Wis. (Stevens Point HS)
33 Matt Jones RB 5-9 199 Fr. Scottsdale, Ariz. (Horizon HS)
59 Alex LaVoy LB 6-0 212 Fr. Naytahwaush, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
19 Ben LeCompte P 5-10 197 Fr. Barrington, Ill. (Barrington HS)
49 Codee Lee LB 6-1 217 Fr. Velva, N.D. (Velva HS)
49 Derek Lee TE 6-3 239 Fr. Wichita, Kan. (Maize HS)
62 Jacob Lesar OG 6-6 315 Fr. Hermantown, Minn. (Hermantown HS)
66 Josh Lisenby DT 6-2 236 Fr. Chicago, Ill. (De LaSalle Institute)
80 Nate Moody WR 6-1 184 Fr. Dickinson, N.D. (Dickinson HS)
70 Lyle Norman DE 6-3 263 Fr. Roseau, Minn. (Roseau HS)
87 Andrew Okland WR 6-3 190 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
61 Brian Schaetz DL 6-1 255 Fr. Denmark, Wis. (Denmark HS)
55 Nick Scoliere LB 6-2 206 Fr. St. Charles, Ill. (Marmion Academy)
28 CJ Smith CB 5-11 175 Fr. Savage, Minn. (Burnsville HS)
36 Joey Sonnenfeld FS 6-3 192 Fr. Maple Grove, Minn. (Osseo HS)
18 Ryan Stanford QB 6-3 195 Fr. Phoenix, Ariz. (Horizon HS)
67 Leighton Talmadge DE 6-6 225 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Bismarck HS)
21 Frank Veldman SS 6-4 196 Fr. Eagan, Minn. (Eastview HS)
11 Carson Wentz QB 6-5 205 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Century HS)

Curious to see what Kansas and Arizona do.

My point in all of this is to stick with what works! We don't need to be developing a pipeline of Florida players. There are plenty in ND/SD/MN/ and reach out to NE, IL and WI for the better under the radar athletes and dabble in Arizona.

Bison"FANatic"
11-27-2012, 07:25 PM
to continue on my point. In 2009-2010 we signed 46 players and have developed rock stars across the board. Not counting career ending injuries, we've only lost 6 players which is insanely low. It's a big part of why we are so DEEP! These are the players who are no longer with the team. Most of them are from a long ways away except Jemison but I think we can agree his situation was kind of wacky. Looks like Nebraska has not only produced long term players, but stars.

NO LONGER WITH TEAM
56 Brandon Jemison LB 6-1 199 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
21 Nick Powell-Calhoun WR 6-4 203 Fr. Santa Ana, Calif. (Segerstrom HS)[/b]
28 Mike Sigers RB 5-6 158 Fr. Houston, Texas (North Forest HS)[/b]
43 Don Carter LB 6-1 220 Fr. Bel Air, Md. (Boys Latin HS/Lake Forest Academy)[/b]
18 Wes Hudson CB 5-10 179 Fr. Houston, Texas (Morton Ranch HS)[/b]
19 Tevin Pittman WR 6-4 189 Fr. Osceola, Wis. (Osceola HS)[/b]

Of the remaining 40 players still with the team...
8 ND
15 MN
4 NE (Hinz, Emannual, Bruhn, Dudzik)
6 WI
2 SD (Hardie, Gebheart)
1 IL (Ojuri)
1 Fl (Pierre)
1 PA (Keller)
1 CA (Murphy *long snapper*
1 IA (pomerenke)

If you look at the 2011 class, we've already had 6 guys leave and like before most are from a long ways away

88 Luke Albers TE 6-5 228 Fr. Amherst Junction, Wis. (Iola-Scandinavia HS)
46 Andrew Bonnet FB 6-3 231 Fr. Council Bluffs, Iowa (Underwood HS)
39 Brennan Cable FB 6-1 226 Fr. Marshall, Minn. (Marshall HS)
32 Jordan Champion CB 5-9 175 Fr. Avondale, Ariz. (Westview HS)
84 Brandon Chrest WR 6-3 183 Fr. Cavalier, N.D. (Cavalier HS)
64 Josh Colville OL 6-2 268 Fr. Deephaven, Minn. (Minnetonka HS)
30 Jedre Cyr FB 6-0 227 Fr. Glyndon, Minn. (Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton HS)
51 DeShawn Dinwiddie LB 6-2 209 Fr. Hutchinson, Kan. (Hutchinson HS)
15 Dylan Dunn WR 6-3 203 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
37 Berkley Grimm FB 5-11 233 Fr. Iowa City, Iowa (Regina HS)
59 Joe Haeg OT 6-6 268 Fr. Lake Shore, Minn. (Brainerd HS)
99 Joe Horvath DT 6-2 256 Fr. Stevens Point, Wis. (Stevens Point HS)
33 Matt Jones RB 5-9 199 Fr. Scottsdale, Ariz. (Horizon HS)
59 Alex LaVoy LB 6-0 212 Fr. Naytahwaush, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
19 Ben LeCompte P 5-10 197 Fr. Barrington, Ill. (Barrington HS)
49 Codee Lee LB 6-1 217 Fr. Velva, N.D. (Velva HS)
49 Derek Lee TE 6-3 239 Fr. Wichita, Kan. (Maize HS)
62 Jacob Lesar OG 6-6 315 Fr. Hermantown, Minn. (Hermantown HS)
66 Josh Lisenby DT 6-2 236 Fr. Chicago, Ill. (De LaSalle Institute)
80 Nate Moody WR 6-1 184 Fr. Dickinson, N.D. (Dickinson HS)
70 Lyle Norman DE 6-3 263 Fr. Roseau, Minn. (Roseau HS)
87 Andrew Okland WR 6-3 190 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
61 Brian Schaetz DL 6-1 255 Fr. Denmark, Wis. (Denmark HS)
55 Nick Scoliere LB 6-2 206 Fr. St. Charles, Ill. (Marmion Academy)
28 CJ Smith CB 5-11 175 Fr. Savage, Minn. (Burnsville HS)
36 Joey Sonnenfeld FS 6-3 192 Fr. Maple Grove, Minn. (Osseo HS)
18 Ryan Stanford QB 6-3 195 Fr. Phoenix, Ariz. (Horizon HS)
67 Leighton Talmadge DE 6-6 225 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Bismarck HS)
21 Frank Veldman SS 6-4 196 Fr. Eagan, Minn. (Eastview HS)
11 Carson Wentz QB 6-5 205 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Century HS)

Curious to see what Kansas and Arizona do. I just hope we stick to what has worked and don't try to reinvent the wheel.

OK time for a little thread drift. What ever Happened to Josh Lisenby? I had him picked as a star in that class. I see his brother is a freshman at WIU, any chance he took the year off and is going to go play with his brother?

HerdBot
11-27-2012, 07:33 PM
OK time for a little thread drift. What ever Happened to Josh Lisenby? I had him picked as a star in that class. I see his brother is a freshman at WIU, any chance he took the year off and is going to go play with his brother?

I dunno I had i thought he was very talented but a little under sized. Too short for DE and too light for tackle. He probably got homesick. For an 18 year old, moving 600 miles from home to live by yourself for the first time... knowing you wont see the field for a year is tough enough much less playing D1 Football with a full load of classes. Seems silly for us but when your talking about 18 year olds. Im glad he decided early instead of as a so or jr. Not everyone is like Joe Mays, married with a kid at 19

devin45k
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM

I hope we get Johs or Morlock. I dont think we would utilize them at the running back positions but we could def convert Johs to a LB and Morlock to another position.

loudsilverado
11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Seems like most of the kids from MT want to play for the Griz, they already have a kid from Fairview on the team too.

HerdBot
11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
I hope we get Johs or Morlock. I dont think we would utilize them at the running back positions but we could def convert Johs to a LB and Morlock to another position.

I think Johs could play safety too. But Bohl likes fast linebackers. Actually I think Morlock could be as good or better than Lang. Amazingly quick feet with speed too.

devin45k
11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
I think Johs could play safety too. But Bohl likes fast linebackers. Actually I think Morlock could be as good or better than Lang. Amazingly quick feet with speed too.

Has there been any word on who has been looking on those 2 players?

HerdBot
11-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Has there been any word on who has been looking on those 2 players?

No. I read Johs said likely he will play for one of NDs D1 schools or another regional school. Not sure on Morlock. Said he will wait for futbol season to finish

1st&TennBison
11-27-2012, 09:40 PM

So I guess the guy was right then, the hockies don't have a ND kid on the roster .Next year and the year after that are not right now are they.

thebigund
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
So I guess the guy was right then, the hockies don't have a ND kid on the roster .Next year and the year after that are not right now are they.
Great point. It's the first year in over a decade that there isn't a single player from Grand Forks on the team.

heffray
11-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Great point. It's the first year in over a decade that there isn't a single player from Grand Forks on the team.

Calling Robby Bina a "hockey player" is a bit of stretch...

--Seriously, can we move these stupid posts about a sport nobody cares about into a different forum/thread. Tony? Where are you at?

westnodak93bison
11-28-2012, 05:57 PM

I agree. Our starting 3 Beck(207lb), Olson(223lb), Littlejohn(216lb) are smaller than the 2007 trio of Humber(219lb), Mays(243lb, Maresh(235lb). The 2012 trio is faster as a group.

Facts
11-28-2012, 06:29 PM

--Seriously, can we move these stupid posts about a sport nobody cares about into a different forum/thread. Tony? Where are you at?

This is exactly the reason I can't stand those brainwashed idiots from GF (that's you French sue). Look who was passed over from nd for bina that year. Und Hockey slogan: "suppressing nd youth hockey outside of GF since establishment"

Facts
11-28-2012, 06:30 PM

You know nothing about hockey and it's obvious

KSBisonFan
11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
You know nothing about hockey and it's obvious

Well, he doesn't know anything about football either so we're even....

thebigund
11-28-2012, 06:47 PM

I could produce a long list of players from grand forks that were elite college players but for the sake of your manhood and everyone's lack of giving a shit I won't

56BISON73
11-28-2012, 06:53 PM

Does anyone think the coaches arent recruiting the top players in ND? Remember it who the COACHES think are the top players. Not a few message board mavins who think they know better than they do.

BisonNation11
11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I agree. Our starting 3 Beck(207lb), Olson(223lb), Littlejohn(216lb) are smaller than the 2007 trio of Humber(219lb), Mays(243lb, Maresh(235lb). The 2012 trio is faster as a group.

I'd take a Mays in the bunch somewhere and teach him to pass cover. An enforcer in the middle and nobody would throw there any more. He's not busy this weekend right?

CaBisonFan
11-28-2012, 08:43 PM
I could produce a long list of players from grand forks that were elite college players but for the sake of your manhood and everyone's lack of giving a shit I won't

I'd love to see the list. But be specific about where they went to college...what they accomplished there...how many championships they led their teams to...All-Americans...NFL experience...etc. I'm sorry, but all-conference doesn't make a player elite. It's an excellent accomplishment...but not elite.

thebigund
11-28-2012, 09:21 PM
I'd love to see the list.
Jeff Panzer Jay Panzer Tim O'Connell Tim Skarperud Nick Fuher Andy Schneider Jean Phillippe Lamoureux Jake Marto are all very good players from the last ten years. The list includes All Americans and Hobey Baker Finalists and pro players. For a town with a pretty small population Grand Forks does pretty well at producing good players. There are currently GF products playing at Princeton (1) UNO (2) so it's not like there are none playing this year. Throw in the fact that Luke Johnson is likely a 1st round pick and LeDue is already drafted and it's not a bad resume.

EndZoneQB
11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Jeff Panzer Jay Panzer Tim O'Connell Tim Skarperud Nick Fuher Andy Schneider Jean Phillippe Lamoureux Jake Marto are all very good players from the last ten years. The list includes All Americans and Hobey Baker Finalists and pro players. For a town with a pretty small population Grand Forks does pretty well at producing good players. There are currently GF products playing at Princeton (1) UNO (2) so it's not like there are none playing this year. Throw in the fact that Luke Johnson is likely a 1st round pick and LeDue is already drafted and it's not a bad resume.

Makes you wonder what else you could be pulling out of ND/MN, no? Good point, no it doesn't, because that doesn't make logical sense to the UN_ies.

AjaxTheMighty
11-28-2012, 10:21 PM
USA! USA! USA! Every single kid who plays for the mighty Bison is an American recruit! That's all I care. Teh Nortern school hockies is 50% foreign. No thanks! Even their football team has a few foreigners.

American born and raised!

Facts
11-29-2012, 12:38 AM

Ok, now list other nd players that played college hockey not from GF (clue fuher is from bismarck) or not at GFU in the last ten years (D1).

75NOVA
11-29-2012, 12:42 AM
I would rather see the list of those from north of the border that went to UN_ and never graduated, never intended to graduate, and used scholly money to further their hockey career. Im sure it would be an impressive list and lots that made it to the NHL. If I gave a *uck about hockey I might reconize a name or two. Im so tired of this we have hockey *hit from those asses! Tho I did hear Team Canada played well against the Irish. Sorry, but i'm into the bud light and needed to vent

344Johnson
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Does this prove that hockey is a sport for lesser athletes? The fact that only Grand Forks, one of the least talented cities in the state athletically, can send a couple kids to play D-I hockey?

Regardless, Hope the Bison stay relatively local. If you can't dominate recruiting locally, you probably aren't going to anywhere.

KSBisonFan
11-29-2012, 01:30 AM

If I remember correctly, I think teh Chermans had a tank named the Panzer and the U.S. delivered a beatdown to that hunk of junk?....But, yeah....you lost me at Panzer.

thebigund
11-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Ok, now list other nd players that played college hockey not from GF (clue fuher is from bismarck) or not at GFU in the last ten years (D1).
From bismark huh? I didn't know there was a central high school in bismark. Nice try but you should check your facts.

thebigund
11-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Does this prove that hockey is a sport for lesser athletes? The fact that only Grand Forks, one of the least talented cities in the state athletically, can send a couple kids to play D-I hockey?

Regardless, Hope the Bison stay relatively local. If you can't dominate recruiting locally, you probably aren't going to anywhere.
Grand Forks actually has tons of athletic talent, the best athletes usually turn into Fuck ups though..... It's a wasteland of talent.

Facts
11-29-2012, 03:35 AM
From bismark huh? I didn't know there was a central high school in bismark. Nice try but you should check your facts.

Edit, you're right...

Now dig deeper... See below.

Facts
11-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Ok, now list other nd players that played college hockey not from GF (clue fuher is from bismarck) or not at GFU in the last ten years (D1).still waiting ya box

coloradobison
11-29-2012, 03:44 AM

To try to put this off track thread to bed. Nick Fuher was from Grand Forks Central. 2 players not from Grand Forks who went on to have very good college hockey careers are Cory Mclean (Fargo North - Notre Dame) and Danny Irmen (GFRR, via Fargo North - Minnesota).

Lets get back to Bison football.

devin45k
11-29-2012, 03:46 AM
This thread has gotten really stupid

344Johnson
11-29-2012, 03:47 AM
Grand Forks actually has tons of athletic talent, the best athletes usually turn into Fuck ups though..... It's a wasteland of talent.

The garbage we played against from Central was embarassing. Red River was better but still, good God.

heffray
11-29-2012, 04:51 AM

Congrats, you got 8. However, My manhood is still intact, your mom just checked...

BlueBisonRock
11-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Congrats, you got 8. However, My manhood is still intact, your mom just checked...

What are you talking about? Your Mama spent the night with PL at the bar and checking out his deer stand.

thebigund
11-29-2012, 02:35 PM
The garbage we played against from Central was embarassing. Red River was better but still, good God.

You're too young to have seen the dominant Central teams first hand. They were really really good from 03-08 right now they can hardly field a team. There are still athletes in Grand Forks, they just aren't playing football at Central right now. Red River had a really talented team this year with some D1 prospects.

The point is still that there is an unreal amount of wasted talent in Grand Forks. When I was in high school there were a bunch of guys that were really good athletes and were more worried about partying and gave up on sports.

thebigund
11-29-2012, 02:53 PM
It's only from the past decade. Also of not is that Jay Panzer was all WHCA and an all american Jeff Panzer was WCHA player of the year 3 time all WCHA a two time all american and nations leading scorer and Hobey Baker finalist Andy Schneider was all WCHA Nick Fuher played in the NHL until he was hit in the eye with a puck which ended his career Lamoureux was all conference also Robbie Bina was all conference even though he didn't make my list.

NDSU1980
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
The point is still that there is an unreal amount of wasted talent in Grand Forks.Well, we all know that anyone who goes to und is wasting what little talent they have, that's for sure.

heffray
11-29-2012, 06:44 PM
well, we all know that anyone who goes to und is wasting what little talent they have, that's for sure.

zinggggg!!!!!

SDbison
11-29-2012, 06:46 PM
This thread is the worst ever.........complete thread drift flustercuck. Moderators please move, rather please delete this worthless thread.

90 BISON
11-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Warning UN_ Troll taking over thread leading it off cliff.

:offtopic: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Walkon79
11-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Seems like most of the kids from MT want to play for the Griz, they already have a kid from Fairview on the team too.

Most want to play for the Griz?

The Cats have been winning that recruiting battle for a several years now. If I get the time I'll post a comparison of the starters and 2-deep in 2012, but it not even close.

THE HERD
11-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Most want to play for the Griz?

The Cats have been winning that recruiting battle for a several years now. If I get the time I'll post a comparison of the starters and 2-deep in 2012, but it not even close.

Hey Walkon are you guys recruiting this kid?

UTH
11-30-2012, 03:47 AM
I'd love to see the list. But be specific about where they went to college...what they accomplished there...how many championships they led their teams to...All-Americans...NFL experience...etc. I'm sorry, but all-conference doesn't make a player elite. It's an excellent accomplishment...but not elite.

If nobody gave a shit about his posts, he wouldn't.

Facts
11-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Mason was who I was thinking of. My error actually proves my point more: the only players you list are from gf and there are many players who could have played at und but werent recruited

the_hog
12-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Lets get this on track again about an outstanding player that would be a great get for the Bison.

Cody would be a great addition to the Bison program, I believe he could either of 4 positions for the Bison, tailback, fullback, linebacker or safety. Quick little note of that 7 carry 7 TD game Cody had, that was all in the first quarter! He didnt play a snap after the 1st. Also his stats would be much better this season but there was only two games all season that he played 4 quarter because Fairview blew out almost everyone.

This video makes him look small and slow. He's only 17th in the nation. The Bison go for 1st or go home.

Cody is far from slow and small, 6'1" 205. I have seen him outrun many fast player in the last 3 years. He also has an amazing jump cut and brutal stiff arm.

Back on topic........ regarding young Mr. Vitt from Fairview. It is my understanding that he got ejected from the state championship game for throwing a punch (Fairview was getting beaten quite handily), so this may have a bearing on his recruitment. I suspect Coach Beisot from Dickie State University has Vitt on his radar.

The ejection was a complete joke. Cody had a pass completed on him and punched at the ball as he tackled the receiver, he got up, help the kid he tackled up and was in the process of shaking his hand when the ref came in threw the flag and ejected Cody. Any one that knows Cody personally would no he is not a kid that would do that. Another note on that Championship game, in the first quarter Cody hurt himself putting a big hit on a receiver, he continued to play but you could tell he was far from 100%. After the game they found out that Cody had 2 cracked ribs and a partially collapse lung. He played 3 1/2 quarter that way! He is one tough kid, grew up on a ranch and is a hard working kid, he would fit in great in the Bison program.

Cody does have interest in joining NDSU, he has family in Fargo and they contacted the recruiting staff about him, and they were told the Bison are interested if Cody is. I am in the process of putting together a highlight film of the year of Cody to pass on to the Bison staff.

Fairview also has two other kids that I believe are D1 talent, number 10 their QB and OLB Brock Shriver and 55 OL/DE Jace Taylor, I think the Bison should look at these kids as well, Shriver is already being recruited by UND, he will be a S/OLB in college, he another tough kid that will come up and make a big hit.

In my opinion NDSU needs to recruit Montana more and really needs to look at Montana 8 man classification. There are some great players in 8 man that have D1 talent that dont get looked at by bigger schools because they play 8 man. One that comes to mind is Tra Ludeman from Charlo, this kid could be the best football player in MT, but he plays 8 man and is a little undersized at 5'8"/5'9" and wont get looked at by bigger schools, he would be a great Ryan Smith type slot receiver.

With all this being said I will say that I have no affiliation with the Fairview program. I am just a Bison fan that lives in Eastern MT follows 8 man football in MT and has had the pleasure to watch this Fairview team develop, they are 6-7 kids that will play college football, thats astounding from a school of 110 that plays 8 man football.

southcliffbison
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Lets get this on track again about an outstanding player that would be a great get for the Bison.

Cody would be a great addition to the Bison program, I believe he could either of 4 positions for the Bison, tailback, fullback, linebacker or safety. Quick little note of that 7 carry 7 TD game Cody had, that was all in the first quarter! He didnt play a snap after the 1st. Also his stats would be much better this season but there was only two games all season that he played 4 quarter because Fairview blew out almost everyone.

Cody is far from slow and small, 6'1" 205. I have seen him outrun many fast player in the last 3 years. He also has an amazing jump cut and brutal stiff arm.

The ejection was a complete joke. Cody had a pass completed on him and punched at the ball as he tackled the receiver, he got up, help the kid he tackled up and was in the process of shaking his hand when the ref came in threw the flag and ejected Cody. Any one that knows Cody personally would no he is not a kid that would do that. Another note on that Championship game, in the first quarter Cody hurt himself putting a big hit on a receiver, he continued to play but you could tell he was far from 100%. After the game they found out that Cody had 2 cracked ribs and a partially collapse lung. He played 3 1/2 quarter that way! He is one tough kid, grew up on a ranch and is a hard working kid, he would fit in great in the Bison program.

Cody does have interest in joining NDSU, he has family in Fargo and they contacted the recruiting staff about him, and they were told the Bison are interested if Cody is. I am in the process of putting together a highlight film of the year of Cody to pass on to the Bison staff.

Fairview also has two other kids that I believe are D1 talent, number 10 their QB and OLB Brock Shriver and 55 OL/DE Jace Taylor, I think the Bison should look at these kids as well, Shriver is already being recruited by UND, he will be a S/OLB in college, he another tough kid that will come up and make a big hit.

In my opinion NDSU needs to recruit Montana more and really needs to look at Montana 8 man classification. There are some great players in 8 man that have D1 talent that dont get looked at by bigger schools because they play 8 man. One that comes to mind is Tra Ludeman from Charlo, this kid could be the best football player in MT, but he plays 8 man and is a little undersized at 5'8"/5'9" and wont get looked at by bigger schools, he would be a great Ryan Smith type slot receiver.

With all this being said I will say that I have no affiliation with the Fairview program. I am just a Bison fan that lives in Eastern MT follows 8 man football in MT and has had the pleasure to watch this Fairview team develop, they are 6-7 kids that will play college football, thats astounding from a school of 110 that plays 8 man football.

Hey, thanks for the explanation; hope everything works out for young Vitt.

the_hog
12-08-2012, 11:17 PM
First two segments of Cody's recruiting film I am making. Will get the other two segments uploaded this weeeknd hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj5nVXnuY5I&list=UUGFF5qIFzNDtOZbLElhNseQ&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nLaAmOVhc&list=UUGFF5qIFzNDtOZbLElhNseQ&index=1

the_hog
12-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Receiving and Defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkaGIkfoe2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXBKXwxpL80&feature=youtu.be