PDA

View Full Version : Re: Redshirt Class - Questions

bison_once
11-23-2006, 05:17 PM
The only one I'm familiar with is Landon Smith out of Dickinson. He is list as a TE @ 220#. A good athlete with decent speed. Jeremy W. has the TE spot nailed down, but Landon may see some action especially if we run some double tight sets. He could also be a guy that gets switched to the other side of the ball. Not sure if he will be an immediate impact player, really depends on if he is getting bigger and stronger and more importantly how he performs in spring ball and fall camp.

His brother played FB at UND. His folks were not impressed with how things went with his older brother. Not sure of the reason...............could have been playing time. Landon is a better athlete than his brother was IMHO.

Gamehunter
11-23-2006, 06:41 PM
As deep as we are at LB, Matt Anderson almost played this season. I would say he could potentially make in impact, but most likely just added depth for '07 with all of our starting LB's and most of the backups returning.
Colvin, Blincoe, and Bibeau already had their redshirts pulled so they will be soph next year....
WR Gary Williams was another that had a look at playing right away. He is very fast. Could make an impact as we don't really have that deep burner.
Beyond that, I would hope a couple of the defensive lineman will step up and contribute from last year's class. Anyone know if Gratzek is playing offense or defense?

I find it interresting that out of last year's class of 19, 6 had some sort of playing time this fall (3 JUCO's 3 true frosh).

Next year's team doens't have that many holes to fill so its hard to say how many of these guys we will get to see play.

bison_once
11-23-2006, 08:01 PM
I plan on doing some hunting with a player tomorrow. I will get some inside info.

No_Skill
11-23-2006, 10:11 PM
The only one I'm familiar with is Landon Smith out of Dickinson. *He is list as a TE @ 220#. *A good athlete with decent speed. Jeremy W. has the TE spot nailed down, but Landon may see some action especially if we run some double tight sets. *He could also be a guy that gets switched to the other side of the ball. *Not sure if he will be an immediate impact player, really depends on if he is getting bigger and stronger and more importantly how he performs in spring ball and fall camp.

His brother played FB at UND. *His folks were not impressed with how things went with his older brother. *Not sure of the reason...............could have been playing time. *Landon is a better athlete than his brother was IMHO.

He must be...he's on our roster. :)

Kermit_clone
11-24-2006, 02:48 AM
As deep as we are at LB, Matt Anderson almost played this season. I would say he could potentially make in impact, but most likely just added depth for '07 with all of our starting LB's and most of the backups returning.

Any chance Anderson could play strong safety? Who would be the leading candidates for Dahl's spot?

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Or to ask the same question a different way, any chance one of the LB's from this year's group play SS and Anderson plays LB? I'm guessing it would be more likely for Anderson to play SS than the above scenario, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

coloradobison
11-24-2006, 05:03 AM
I was figuring Belmont would be the next guy.

Kermit_clone
11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Does anyone know if Chris Wellenstein (OL from South Dakota) is still with the team? He isn't listed on the roster..

Gamehunter
11-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know if Chris Wellenstein (OL from South Dakota) is still with the team? He isn't listed on the roster..

I believe he was supposed to register for spring classes. He wasn't technically on a scholarship this fall from what I have heard. Injury related I guess.