PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Recruiting

bruinbison
11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
NDSU Women's Basketball Signs Hannah Breske, Emily Spier & Bree Whatman

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205737808

Hannah Breske - 6' 0" - Forward/Wing - Casselton Central Cass - 12.7 ppg, 3.6 rpg

Emily Spier - 6' 1" Forward - Buffalo MN - 14.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg

Bree Whatman - 5' 7" Guard - Beaconsville, Victoria, Australia/ Rowville Secondary School - 13 ppg

bruinbison
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Hannah Breske - 5' 11" G - (2013 Bison recruit) - and Central Cass are on tv today in the State Class B tourney at the FargoDome. The game against Grant County (Carson, Elgin, New Leipzig) is on KVLY (NBC) at 3:00. She is averaging 17.9 pts and 6.2 rbs for the 22-3 Squirrels.
Her teammate is a Grand Forks commit for volleyball for 2014 - 6' 3" Faith Dooley.
Minot Ryan is on tonight at 8:45. They feature two 6' 2" sophomores who sound like future college players. Hannah Stewart - 21.5 pts & 10.5 rbs - and, ya gotta love this name, Gabbie Bohl - 15.1 pts & 5.8 rbs

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/393879/group/Sports/

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/393861/group/Sports/

Elephants Dream?
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Did anyone else watch Breske and Dooley this afternoon?

westnodak93bison
03-22-2013, 02:41 AM
Did the staff look at Hannah Larson from Bismarck Century?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bruinbison
03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Did anyone else watch Breske and Dooley this afternoon?

Didn't catch that game, but did see most of the Napoleon game. They were tenacious, aggressive & fearless.....
oh wait, that was Napoleon. Sorry for the plug, my great-grandpa homesteaded out there in Logan County.
Not tall people there, which was their problem, players ranged from 5' 4" to 5' 9". Great dribble-drive O for N, but someone forgot to tell them to stop & pop, or dish for an open shot from mid-range. They kept going, and 6' 3" Faith Dooley made them pay. Loved her discipline not to swing down on the blocks (at least 11) , or to even jump, because it was not necessary. Really kept the refs from calling fouls. Hannah Breske had a nice game, I'm no scout but she seemed to have good court awareness, good passing ability and a good shot. Good athlete, as is Dooley. Going from high school to college she will need to add strength. Just from this one game she looked more like a scoring guard than small forward, so hope her dribble-drive keeps developing.
Will definitely watch tonight's match-up. Bishop Ryan looked tough as well. They used some high-low with their two 6' 2" bigs. Easy to see over the top. Won't be so easy with the 5' 11" Breske playing on the top and
outside. Hannah Stewart looks ready to play college ball right now, both she and Gabbie Bohl are Soph's.
Unfortunately for the Bison the tv guys said Stewart's Mom - Julie Stewart - Ryan's head coach - played at Grand Forks U - if I heard them correctly. Hopefully a B'Viller from the Minot area will know for sure.

Elephants Dream?
03-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Good post bruin, and I agree with most everything you said. I'm no scout either.
I watched parts of C.C. 2 games and am impressed with Dooley. She can run the floor and doesn't seem to wear out, good legs. I was most impressed with her being aggressive, which isn't always the case in Class B.
"Hannah Breske had a nice game, she seemed to have good court awareness, good passing ability and a good shot. Good athlete. Going from high school to college she will need to add strength. Just from this one game she looked more like a scoring guard than small forward, so hope her dribble-drive keeps developing."
Completely agree with you.

stevdock
03-24-2013, 04:45 AM
FYI Dooley has already committed to UND to play volleyball.

Elephants Dream?
03-24-2013, 05:32 AM
FYI Dooley has already committed to UND to play volleyball.
Knew that, but watching her anyway, along with Breske. Minot Ryan game showed
them both in a somewhat different (less flattering) light, imo.
I had already thought Breske needed time in the weight room for her upper arms and shoulder area. She does have a nose for where the ball will be on rebounds.
I felt the game against a better team shows where some work will need to be done.

DIBISON
03-24-2013, 05:50 AM
NDSU recruit Breske had 26 points and 9 rebounds in the championsip game and played ALL 32 minutes. A total of 73 points for the tourney and is very good with the shot on the move. Needs a year to build up. Dooley was good because of her height, but when playing against other height like Ryan had she was normal.

sambini
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Hannah Stewart is gonna be a force. I would be shocked if she went to NDSU. Her mother and father both played hoops at UND.

tony
03-25-2013, 01:33 AM
I deleted some posts that contained, quoted, or referenced gossip.

bruinbison
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Central Cass' Hannah Breske named 1st team ND Class B All-State

"Breske, the District 2, Region 1 and co-Class B senior athlete of the year, helped the Squirrels to the state championship game for the third time in four years. She was a second-team selection in 2012 and finished her career with 1,546 points, 470 rebounds, 199 assists and 124 blocks. Breske will play for North Dakota State.

“She’s just a phenomenal basketball player and a team leader,” Central Cass coach Ryan Mears said. “Just her love of the game and time she puts in you can really see. She never got rattled, never got too excited, never got too down. She was just always focused.”

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/394715/group/Sports/

bruinbison
07-25-2013, 03:06 AM
A couple mentions of Hannah Breske in this Lions all-star bball game preview

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/class-b-girls-used-to-the-spotlight/article_6183ca8c-f350-11e2-b1c6-001a4bcf887a.html

And in the first game -
"Late defensive stops help Class A girls hold on"
- Breske had 11 points in the game

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/local/late-defensive-stops-help-class-a-girls-hold-on/article_ab1c1b9c-f4a2-11e2-9315-001a4bcf887a.html

SlickVic
07-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Dat girl had 4 points last night we are recruiting girls who score 4 points in a north dakota hs game smh

BlueKeyAlum
07-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Dat girl had 4 points last night we are recruiting girls who score 4 points in a north dakota hs game smh

Seriously?!?! I don't know how Breske will work out at the D1 level but to be analzye her value based on one SUMMER all-star game seems pretty ridiculous.

natstar1
01-16-2015, 05:17 AM
is breske healthy?