PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 coaches in FCS

badger04
11-14-2012, 11:46 AM
I found this morning on Coaches Hot Seat Blog 2012. Go Bison!!
http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/archives/16300

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
NO NO NO NO.

Dear FBS Schools - Craig Bohl would be a terrible addition to your team. As a matter of fact, he doesn't even exist.

CalBison97
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Purely out of selfishness, I hope ZERO ADs see this article! CB has absolutely earned an opportunity at the next level.

westnodak93bison
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Purely out of selfishness, I hope ZERO ADs see this article! CB has absolutely earned an opportunity at the next level.

But does he want it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CalBison97
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
But does he want it?

Ultimately, that's our only hope.

HerdBot
11-14-2012, 02:04 PM

I highly doubt any AD is going to be oblivious to the fact that the top 4 FCS teams in the nation have solid coaches. And to think some Joe Schmucks blog with 9 views would have any impact on the landscape of the coaching world is laughable. Especially when all he did was stack rank the coaches based on team ranking.

WYOBISONMAN
11-14-2012, 03:14 PM
I really think that if NDSU makes a solid playoff run it will get almost impossible to hang on to Bohl. And, it surely is not because Bohl is not loyal to the Bison....he surely is. But, there will be so damn much money out there for him to make that it would be clearly in his best interest to jump for the big cash. How can a person turn down the chance of a lifetime. I would not be surprised to see Bohl offered in the $1,000,000 per year range. And......he would be damn well worth it.

KTF
11-14-2012, 03:25 PM
I think Bohl only goes if he can find another NDSU "style of program". By that I mean football is "the King Sport". Not too many middle of the road jobs that would pay in that range that are true football first schools. I believe that is why he and the Gophers didn't connect. Would the likes of a nebraska, michigan, ohio state, florida, texas, etc... come calling.. I think he needs to win at least 2 more titles for that to happen...

90 BISON
11-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I really think that if NDSU makes a solid playoff run it will get almost impossible to hang on to Bohl. And, it surely is not because Bohl is not loyal to the Bison....he surely is. But, there will be so damn much money out there for him to make that it would be clearly in his best interest to jump for the big cash. How can a person turn down the chance of a lifetime. I would not be surprised to see Bohl offered in the $1,000,000 per year range. And......he would be damn well worth it.

I agree with this, but Coach Bohl will only take a job as the head coach of a major FBS football school. Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC, some ACC schools (not Duke for instance), and a couple of Big East schools. I mean Bohl only makes circa $ 200,000 /year so if the million dollar job at a big time school with football tradition shows up sure CB will take it.

EndZoneQB
11-14-2012, 03:46 PM
I agree with this, but Coach Bohl will only take a job as the head coach of a major FBS football school. Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC, some ACC schools (not Duke for instance), and a couple of Big East schools. I mean Bohl only makes circa $ 200,000 /year so if the million dollar job at a big time school with football tradition shows up sure CB will take it.

His BASE is $200k, he makes closer to $400k after his percentage of gate, playoff games, etc.

I think this is Bohl's lifetime job, frankly. His kid just started school/football at MSUM, his wife is well established here....I'm telling you guys, he's here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. He's already been near the pinnacle of college football, I think he realizes how quickly you can fall out of favor at a major program. Here, as long as he keeps us in competitive, with a playoff, he's the king of the town. He won't leave for anything other than a program that builds itself. I can guarantee his mindset has changed since he was last in contention for the Minnesota job. I think he likes developing coaches and players here, and his paycheck is far from small. You know he made good money at NU, so I don't think he's hurting financially so he needs the big pay day for retirement. But hey, what do I know.

344Johnson
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Honestly, if he left, it would suck. But if NDSU became a school known for getting guys head coaching jobs at major FBS schools, I would imagine it would be a good thing.

Hope he stays and continues to succeed.

roper1313
11-14-2012, 03:50 PM

I thought that CB's total comp package was in the $400,000+ range now. Pretty good living in Fargo. Does KSU have a replacement for Bill Snyder?? That would be a good fit. Football first school, small town/big college environment, and a strong program under Snyder. Maybe Snyder is going to coach for another few year, but that was my first thought.

imabison
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I found this morning on Coaches Hot Seat Blog 2012. Go Bison!!
http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/archives/16300

Remember that Coach Bohl has nearly been there done that before. Perhaps people might consider the
fact that he may NOT want to do it again.

SDbison
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
His BASE is $200k, he makes closer to $400k after his percentage of gate, playoff games, etc.

I think this is Bohl's lifetime job, frankly. His kid just started school/football at MSUM, his wife is well established here....I'm telling you guys, he's here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. He's already been near the pinnacle of college football, I think he realizes how quickly you can fall out of favor at a major program. Here, as long as he keeps us in competitive, with a playoff, he's the king of the town. He won't leave for anything other than a program that builds itself. I can guarantee his mindset has changed since he was last in contention for the Minnesota job. I think he likes developing coaches and players here, and his paycheck is far from small. You know he made good money at NU, so I don't think he's hurting financially so he needs the big pay day for retirement. But hey, what do I know. Lots of good points EndZone.
Also, Bohl took a bunch of crap from Nebraska when they at least partially made him a scapegoat at the time of firing. Just don't know if he wants that kind of stress / headache for any kind of money. Now if Bohl would just get his offense in any sort of way close to as good as his defense NDSU could beat all but the top 20 teams in FBS football.

CAS4127
11-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Lots of good points EndZone.
Also, Bohl took a bunch of crap from Nebraska when they at least partially made him a scapegoat at the time of firing. Just don't know if he wants that kind of stress / headache for any kind of money. Now if Bohl would just get his offense in any sort of way close to as good as his defense NDSU could beat all but the top 20 teams in FBS football.

LOL-->As they say, never pass up an opportunity, as you never know when you may not get another one.

My favorite SDBison comment (he made it several times on third down) from SDSU game: "Vigen is setting up a punt"!! LOL several times on that one.

BisonTeacher
11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Extend Bohl save program!!!!!!

http://extenzequestions.com/images/img2.jpg

HerdBot
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, and all the big dog coaches are going to make over a million. Nick Saban is at 2.5 million. No brainer if he's offered a job like that, he's gone with no hard feelings. I would actually be happy for him.

When you get to the lower to middle tier FBS Conferences like Mountain West, Conference USA, Sunbelt, WAC, and MAC, the payouts range from $250K to 1 million for Colorado State, BYU, and Wyoming (record payout at Wyoming BTW)

If Bohl continues to win, he will continue to get paid. He's already near the top of the FCS. I don't think he would leave unless the payout is approaching a million. Actually the teams that concern me would be the likes of Wyoming, Colorado, or Colorado State. The problem with those jobs (ask Joe Glenn) is the likelihood of doing well and getting canned is high.

Bohl is a rock star here. He's a perfect fit and a midwest type of guy. I think he genuinely likes NDSU and he has midwest roots. He can stay here forever. That's not a bad deal for either.

The good news is we are no longer in the D2 era. I remember being upset when we would lose coaches to Montana State and now we pay more than they do. We are now a premier FCS job.

If he were to leave, we would be alright as long as he wouldn't clean house and take all the coaches with him. Just like in our glory days, you keep the same system in place and promote from within. I would imagine a guy like (in no particular order) Polasek, Cooper, Fuchs, or Klieman would be great. Or find a guy with Bison history and pride like Hazleton or Phil Hanson. (or a guy like Todd Wash) I'm not worried either way. Bohl said it best, the Bison were great before I got here and will be long after I'm gone.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Maybe Bohl has found his niche right here at NDSU. Jerry Moore did at App State, so it isn't like coaches that have success at this level always move on.

MN_BISON
11-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, and all the big dog coaches are going to make over a million. Nick Saban is at 2.5 million.

Not that it really matters, but Sabin makes in the range of 5.62 million a year.

HerdBot
11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Not that it really matters, but Sabin makes in the range of 5.62 million a year.

I meant to say 5.2 million but it must have been an old link. Have a case of lesdixia

BisonTeacher
11-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Have a case of lesdixia

Sounds like this could work for you too?

On_the_road
11-14-2012, 07:45 PM

Looks like BisonTeacher just outed himself. :rofl:

BisonTeacher
11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks like BisonTeacher just outed himself. :rofl:

At my age...whatever works!!!!! :biggrin:

NDSU1980
11-14-2012, 11:12 PM
You really have to ask, did Bohl make the program successful, or did the program make Bohl successful?

We've had a 50 year history of a quality program here. The Babich years can probably be blamed on no support from higher up, and that changed back with the help of Gene Taylor and Joe Chapman.

I firmly believe the program made Bohl what he is and not every program out there can do that for him and he knows it. Besides, how many programs will tolerate a 3-8 when your making $1 million plus?

BlueBisonRock
11-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Extend Bohl save program!!!!!!

Is this an endorsement from a genuine product user?

BisonTeacher
11-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Is this an endorsement from a genuine product user?

Didnt my wife look happy last time you saw her? And you thought she was just happy to see you!!! Ha !

BlueBisonRock
11-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Didnt my wife look happy last time you saw her? And you thought she was just happy to see you!!! Ha !

And to think, Gully told me he was the reason!

BisonTeacher
11-14-2012, 11:49 PM
And to think, Gully told me he was the reason!

He Wishes!!

ndsubison1
11-15-2012, 12:27 AM
I think Bohl only goes if he can find another NDSU "style of program". By that I mean football is "the King Sport". Not too many middle of the road jobs that would pay in that range that are true football first schools. I believe that is why he and the Gophers didn't connect. Would the likes of a nebraska, michigan, ohio state, florida, texas, etc... come calling.. I think he needs to win at least 2 more titles for that to happen...

would Bohl go to Colorado? Theyre in a good major conference and it wasnt to long ago that they were a very good program

ndsubison1
11-15-2012, 12:29 AM

I think this is Bohl's lifetime job, frankly. His kid just started school/football at MSUM, his wife is well established here....I'm telling you guys, he's here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. He's already been near the pinnacle of college football, I think he realizes how quickly you can fall out of favor at a major program. Here, as long as he keeps us in competitive, with a playoff, he's the king of the town. He won't leave for anything other than a program that builds itself. I can guarantee his mindset has changed since he was last in contention for the Minnesota job. I think he likes developing coaches and players here, and his paycheck is far from small. You know he made good money at NU, so I don't think he's hurting financially so he needs the big pay day for retirement. But hey, what do I know.

or is he waiting to take us to FBS? could happen

On_the_road
11-15-2012, 12:32 AM
would Bohl go to Colorado? Theyre in a good major conference and it wasnt to long ago that they were a very good program

That is an interesting question. Bohl would have similar proximity to his family. It would be a program that he could develop, but I just think that he and his wife like Fargo and NDSU. Additionally his son is now attending MSU.

EndZoneQB
11-15-2012, 12:53 AM
or is he waiting to take us to FBS? could happen

This could be true as well. Take us FBS, then retire? I mean, a few more years here and I'd guess he's got a nice little nest egg to enjoy his life with his new hot wife.

moundbz
11-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Bohl is waiting for the Nebraska job and nothing else. He's got a great thing going here in the meantime. That's his dream job.

56BISON73
11-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Bohl is waiting for the Nebraska job and nothing else. He's got a great thing going here in the meantime. That's his dream job.

You forgot the purple font.

344Johnson
11-15-2012, 03:12 AM

Colorado, where dreams go to die.

HerdBot
11-15-2012, 04:00 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

BadlandsBison
11-15-2012, 04:03 AM

Well you gotta admit, its probably his dream job or at least was before he was fired. But yeah, no way he ends up back at Nebraska

SDSUAlum08
11-15-2012, 04:27 AM
Stig should be up there because he does more with less.

Larz
11-15-2012, 11:40 AM
The only guy that could possibly get him the job is retiring in January.

moundbz
11-15-2012, 11:59 AM

What are you talking about

devin45k
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Maybe he is waiting on the Edmonton Eskimos job to open :p

TAILG8R
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe he is waiting on the Edmonton Eskimos job to open :p

I heard it was actually the Texas State University Fightin' Armadillos job he wants.

X-Factor
11-16-2012, 12:00 AM
The reality of the situation is that our OC coach V deserves a fat promo at another school. Maybe UNI will hire as head coach when they replace dickhead?

PaBizon
11-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Why would any program hire a coach that retains an OC like Vigen? :D

CAS4127
11-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Why would any program hire a coach that retains an OC like Vigen? :D

Transparent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk