PDA

View Full Version : Desperation Saturday

NDSUstudent
11-13-2012, 05:43 PM
All of these schools(in bold) need to win....

Towson at UNH(although even with a win Towson is no sure thing)
Lehigh at Lafayette(must win game for Lehigh against their rivals)
Richmond at W&M(Richmond would have compelling case with a win)
Indiana State at YSU(Like Towson, ISUB must win to keep their hopes alive)
USD at SDSU(must win for the Jacks in their rivalry game)
Villanova at Deleware(A win and the Wildcats are probably in)
TSU at UTM(both teams need to win to keep their fading hopes of an at-large alive)
Cal Poly at NAU(Loser might be on outside looking in on selection Sunday)
ODU at JMU(The Dukes get a last chance to lock up an at-large spot vs a tough ODU team)
Samford at Kentucky(Could an FBS win propel Samford into the playoffs?)
CSU at CCU(the beach chickens need a win to clinch
Liberty at VMI(A win keeps their autobid hopes alive if CCU falters)

NorthernBison
11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
If ISUb can get in with a win, why can't YSU? They would be 7-4 against D1 with a win over Pitt. That's arguably the biggest FCS win over a FBS all year. If ISUb can get in with 7 D1 wins, YSU should be in the same position. What am I missing?

NDSUstudent
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
If ISUb can get in with a win, why can't YSU? They would be 7-4 against D1 with a win over Pitt. That's arguably the biggest FCS win over a FBS all year. If ISUb can get in with 7 D1 wins, YSU should be in the same position. What am I missing?

7-4 just isn't going to cut it this year. Even if ISUB wins they are by no means a sure thing, it just puts them into the discussion.

There is a chance that the committee could be looking at this after Saturday...

Autos
Big Sky: Montana State
Big South: CCU
Colonial: Villanova
Mid-Eastern: Bethune-Cookman
Missouri Valley: NDSU
Northeast: Wagner
Ohio Valley: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Colgate
Southern: Appalachian State
Southland: Central Arkansas

At-Large Pool....

Lehigh 10-1
SBU 9-2
EWU 9-2
Cal Poly 9-2
NAU 8-3
Indiana State 8-3
SDSU 8-3
Illinois State 8-3
Wofford 8-3
GSU 8-3
JMU 8-3
ODU 9-2
UNH 8-3
Richmond 8-3
Towson 7-4
SHSU 8-3
Tenn State 9-2
EKU 8-3
Albany 9-2
Sac State 7-4

NorthernBison
11-13-2012, 10:56 PM
You're saying 7-3 is better than 7-4 with a win over Pitt?

I do agree that 7 wins might not cut it. If so, then the MVFC gets only 3 teams. Right?

NorthernBison
11-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Indiana State won't be 8-3. Isn't Quincy a DII?

NDSUstudent
11-13-2012, 11:27 PM
You're saying 7-3 is better than 7-4 with a win over Pitt?

I do agree that 7 wins might not cut it. If so, then the MVFC gets only 3 teams. Right?

Yes that is what I'm saying. But if NDSU loses it kind of falls a part for ISUB, being the only team that beat NDSU is a nice trump card and it could be enough to propel them into the field despite having 7 DI wins.

I don't think a team with four losses has a shot this year and there could potentially be two good 7-4 teams in Sac State and Towson.

NorthernBison
11-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Yes that is what I'm saying. But if NDSU loses it kind of falls a part for ISUB, being the only team that beat NDSU is a nice trump card and it could be enough to propel them into the field despite having 7 DI wins.

I don't think a team with four losses has a shot this year and there could potentially be two good 7-4 teams in Sac State and Towson.

Sac State has zero chance. The BSC is not getting 5 teams. Did Towson beat an FBS equal to Pitt?

Tough deal for the committee with only 10 at large picks. If MVFC, BSC, and CAA all get 4 teams plus SHSU, that uses up all 10. I doubt that will happen so unlikely that all of the top conferences get 4.

Should be interesting.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Towson has played two good FBS teams and one was LSU who they played really tough, they would also have two wins vs playoff teams on the road. I think they would probably be the one 7-4 team with a shot. Plus the committee seems to obsess over the CAA.

Sunday will be very interesting, there will be a lot of angry fans out there. I expect a complete and total meltdown over at AGS by some.

NorthernBison
11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Towson has played two good FBS teams and one was LSU who they played really tough, they would also have two wins vs playoff teams on the road. I think they would probably be the one 7-4 team with a shot.

Sunday will be very interesting, there will be a lot of angry fans out there. I expect a complete and total meltdown over at AGS by some.

The thing that gives them the best shot is their conference. The CAA gets way more respect than the MVFC. You are making that case. YSU BEAT PITT. Their 7-4 (if they beat ISUb) should be better than Towson's 7-4 simply based on that win.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
The thing that gives them the best shot is their conference. The CAA gets way more respect than the MVFC. You are making that case. YSU BEAT PITT. Their 7-4 (if they beat ISUb) should be better than Towson's 7-4 simply based on that win.

Yes the committee obsesses over the CAA. The conference is basically guaranteed three at-large teams this year, the Big Sky will get another two or three, SHSU will get one. That doesn't leave much for everyone else, especially if Lehigh somehow snipes one.

ndsubison1
11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
theres going to be some good teams left out on sunday. some teams need to win to have a shot at even being considered too. i think ndsu, isur and sdsu get in. winner of isub/ysu will be considered but chances are they wont get in. if stony brook doesnt get the AQ from the Big South that will steal a bid. also if lehigh wins that will take away another at large spot since Colgate has the AQ in the Patriot. the committee is going to have a tough task in determing the at large teams