Illinois State 5-2 8-2
Indiana State 5-2 7-3
Southern Illinois 4-3 5-5
Youngstown State 3-4 6-4
Northern Iowa 3-4 4-6
Missouri State 3-4 3-7
Western Illinois 1-6 3-7
South Dakota 0-7 1-9

My guess Lennon may be in the biggest hot water, but if he pulls out a winning year, can you really can him? What about Western Illinois? Any chances there?

Discuss.

BadlandsBison
11-12-2012, 04:33 PM
The ISUb coach I can see getting a promotion to the fbs. Not this year and not a head coaching gig, but his progress is amazing. He's a younger guy, right?

HerdBot
11-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I would imagine the Western Illinois coach is on the hot seat. Joe Glenn is winless in Vermilion but he's an alumni and well respected. If SDSU can put an ass whooping on USD, it may be enough to piss of usd fans. But he has them playing better. Gotta wonder about Youngstown. Quite a collapse.

Missouri State has a good coach in Terry Allen. UNI is safe. Lennon is safe. Indiana State is safe. Illinois State is safe

THEsocalledfan
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I would imagine the Western Illinois coach is on the hot seat. Joe Glenn is winless in Vermilion but he's an alumni and well respected. If SDSU can put an ass whooping on USD, it may be enough to piss of usd fans. But he has them playing better. Gotta wonder about Youngstown. Quite a collapse.

Missouri State has a good coach in Terry Allen. UNI is safe. Lennon is safe. Indiana State is safe. Illinois State is safe

It is Glenn's first year, so he will not get canned.

I originally thought Youngstown, but with the Pitt win, I doubt it.

UNI coach probably will go on a short leash after this year. Very similar to Bohl after 2009. They only have 3 d 1 wins, but admit the 2 FBS games hurt them. So, in my book, I'd think he would for sure be around thanks to past success and the awful position he was put into this year.

Why you say Lennon is safe? I like him too, but the program is not at the level the fans expect, and he isn't filling that nice stadium.

Agree on Missouri State; honestly, Allen is overachieving there.

Don't know much about Western, but that is the one I'd put my money on to be canned.

imabison
11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Current standings:

North Dakota State 6-1 9-1
South Dakota State 5-2 7-3
Illinois State 5-2 8-2
Indiana State 5-2 7-3
Southern Illinois 4-3 5-5
Youngstown State 3-4 6-4
Northern Iowa 3-4 4-6
Missouri State 3-4 3-7
Western Illinois 1-6 3-7
South Dakota 0-7 1-9

My guess Lennon may be in the biggest hot water, but if he pulls out a winning year, can you really can him? What about Western Illinois? Any chances there?

Discuss.

"Can you really can him?" or ANYONE for that matter the answer is yes, what are you smokin.

HerdBot
11-12-2012, 06:35 PM
It is Glenn's first year, so he will not get canned.

I originally thought Youngstown, but with the Pitt win, I doubt it.

UNI coach probably will go on a short leash after this year. Very similar to Bohl after 2009. They only have 3 d 1 wins, but admit the 2 FBS games hurt them. So, in my book, I'd think he would for sure be around thanks to past success and the awful position he was put into this year.

Why you say Lennon is safe? I like him too, but the program is not at the level the fans expect, and he isn't filling that nice stadium.

Agree on Missouri State; honestly, Allen is overachieving there.

Don't know much about Western, but that is the one I'd put my money on to be canned.

Lennon will finish above 500 in a tough conference. They are improving.

THEsocalledfan
11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
"Can you really can him?" or ANYONE for that matter the answer is yes, what are you smokin.

not following......

ndsubison1
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM
lennon is def on the hot seat. SIU is a program that expects to win. They havent been to playoffs since 2009. He may not get canned after this season but cuz they have shown some improvement, but if they dont make the playoffs next season he is done

tjbison
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM
How can anyone say Terry Allen at misery st is doing good? He is 27-42 that's not good folks

westnodak93bison
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
How can anyone say Terry Allen at misery st is doing good? He is 27-42 that's not good folks

Agree and he has a metro population of 440k to tap into and NOBODY cares or shows up to watch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tatanka
11-13-2012, 12:34 PM
How can anyone say Terry Allen at misery st is doing good? He is 27-42 that's not good folksthats still not bad relative to the situation in Springfield IMHO

tjbison
11-13-2012, 12:42 PM
thats still not bad relative to the situation in Springfield IMHO

Well a good coach with good connection could turn that around, if Indiana st can they should be able to at MSU

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2012, 01:09 PM

I think that is overachieving with that record. he has about 20 more wins than he should.

Tatanka
11-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Well a good coach with good connection could turn that around, if Indiana st can they should be able to at MSUWhat I'm attempting to say is that IS considered turning it around at Mo St.

IndyBison
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
The ISUb coach I can see getting a promotion to the fbs. Not this year and not a head coaching gig, but his progress is amazing. He's a younger guy, right?
He's late 40s - graduated from ISU in 1987.

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Glenn will get a pass this season. I suspect he will get another 3-4 years at USD to try and build a program. The thing I just can't figure out is why Lennon has not done better. I think he is a hell of a coach.

BadlandsBison
11-13-2012, 04:19 PM
He's late 40s - graduated from ISU in 1987.

He has had some big time assistant jobs, I can't see him staying at isub forever. But maybe its a dream job, I don't know haha

EndZoneQB
11-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Glenn will get a pass this season. I suspect he will get another 3-4 years at USD to try and build a program. The thing I just can't figure out is why Lennon has not done better. I think he is a hell of a coach.

Talked with some SIU parents and basically they said he isn't connecting with the players...if you catch my drift.

IndyBison
11-13-2012, 07:17 PM
He has had some big time assistant jobs, I can't see him staying at isub forever. But maybe its a dream job, I don't know haha
From talking to him I sense he really enjoys being there and building something for his alma mater. But I'm sure he would leave for life-changing money.

westnodak93bison
11-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Talked with some SIU parents and basically they said he isn't connecting with the players...if you catch my drift.

Probably because of the Canadian accent he inherited while coaching at an ice hockey school. :D

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2012, 11:45 PM

What, he isn't into manlove? I thought that was the key to his success at UND? Please explain.

EndZoneQB
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Probably because of the Canadian accent he inherited while coaching at an ice hockey school. :D

Haha, that's weirdly close.

What, he isn't into manlove? I thought that was the key to his success at UND? Please explain.

He doesn't quite know how to connect with the "southern" recruits...

Tatanka
11-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Haha, that's weirdly close.

He doesn't quite know how to connect with the "southern" recruits...

Recruiting East Saint Louis is a bit different than recruiting Carrington.

EndZoneQB
11-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Recruiting East Saint Louis is a bit different than recruiting Carrington.

Thank you. I was trying to beat around the bush about it hoping everyone would catch it...but alas they did not and you were able to put it better than I did.

Tatanka
11-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Thank you. I was trying to beat around the bush about it hoping everyone would catch it...but alas they did not and you were able to put it better than I did. Well, being from the area, I guaranfrickingtee you it's same planet, different worlds.

For the record, I'm not considering race one iota in my statement... It's purely socio-economics and culture that drives the difference. Add to that the fact that the southern 1/3 of Illinois might as well be its own country and you have some big time hurdles to overcome.

EndZoneQB
11-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Well, being from the area, I guaranfrickingtee you it's same planet, different worlds.

For the record, I'm not considering race one iota in my statement... It's purely socio-economics and culture that drives the difference. Add to that the fact that the southern 1/3 of Illinois might as well be its own country and you have some big time hurdles to overcome.

Exactly. The person alluded to the race issue being part of it...but made it clear that definitely wasn't the only thing. Like you said, it's a socio-economic issue more than anything. The thing is, this wasn't that persons observation, but the majority of the people around the program felt the same. Granted, this was a few years ago, and obviously involved Jerry Kill's players as well.

THEsocalledfan
11-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Well, being from the area, I guaranfrickingtee you it's same planet, different worlds.

Tatanka's greatest quote when at his first basketball game with me and TAB:

"This is the most white people I have ever seen in one building my entire life."

I then decided then that Tatanka is anti-white people. Racist!

HoopsBison
11-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Western Illinois fired their coach today, not real surprising but there will be one change next year.

bisonmike2
11-20-2012, 04:08 PM
How has Bohl not been mentioned? If he repeats he's got to be on someone's list, right?

THEsocalledfan
11-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Western Illinois fired their coach today, not real surprising but there will be one change next year.

So, here's a question:

Unless I am insane (which is probable), NDSU's schedule for next year is not showing a game with Western Illinois. I thought the MVFC game you did not play was going to rotate yearly? It is BS if NDSU misses the "easy game" two years in a row.

Someone help me out.

BisonNation11
11-20-2012, 04:26 PM
So, here's a question:

Unless I am insane (which is probable), NDSU's schedule for next year is not showing a game with Western Illinois. I thought the MVFC game you did not play was going to rotate yearly? It is BS if NDSU misses the "easy game" two years in a row.

Someone help me out.

You would be correct. I even tried looking at WIU and the MVFC websites for conformation, but neither shows next year's schedule. Hoping that's an error on NDSU's part.

ndsubison1
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
pretty sure it was going to rotate every two years that way teams dont get screwed as much with home and away games. could be wrong

roadwarrior
11-20-2012, 06:16 PM
pretty sure it was going to rotate every two years that way teams dont get screwed as much with home and away games. could be wrong

I think ming is correct.

tony
11-20-2012, 06:22 PM

^ This. Makes. Sense.

THEsocalledfan
11-20-2012, 06:23 PM

Great. NDSU misses the worst team in the league two years straight......urghhhhhhhh!

CAS4127
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Great. NDSU misses the worst team in the league two years straight......urghhhhhhhh!

Well, we did pick up USD this year and next . . .

Tatanka
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Well, we did pick up USD this year and next . . .This was the point I was about to make. WIU > USD.

roadwarrior
11-20-2012, 06:31 PM

I would rather have it this way. If we would not have played Illinois State this season (or one of the other top teams) people would be arguing about which team would have won.

MN_Moose
12-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Trent Miles leaves Indiana St for Georgia State.

Seriously dumb move.

Herd Mentality
12-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't believe my man crush (Trent Miles) is moving on... Gonna miss that fella.

heckler
12-13-2012, 10:08 PM
University of Minneasota Duluth's headcoach Bob Nielson is a finalist for the Western Illionios vacancy. Was on the radio here in Duluth.

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2012, 10:57 PM
University of Minneasota Duluth's headcoach Bob Nielson is a finalist for the Western Illionios vacancy. Was on the radio here in Duluth.

uh oh......he is a fantastic coach. compare his record to Bubba....

Walter.H.White
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Hence why Gene scheduled Montana St/Montana

ndsubison1
12-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Hence why Gene scheduled Montana St/Montana

the montana/msu games were scheduled before USD joined the MVC and the new rotating conference schedule

THEsocalledfan
12-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Back on topic.. ...

Craig Bohl?

BadlandsBison
12-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Back on topic.. ...

Craig Bohl?

Kolpack tweeted something about Western Michigan I think? They haven't hired a coach for a whole month now, speculation they are waiting for Bohl.

I think its a stretch, not much to offer

THEsocalledfan
12-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Kolpack tweeted something about Western Michigan I think? They haven't hired a coach for a whole month now, speculation they are waiting for Bohl.

I think its a stretch, not much to offer

Step down not up.....Wisconsin would be up.

Western4Life
12-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Former WMU coach Bill Cubit is out of the running for head coach in Macomb.

Bob Nielson will be the next Western coach. He was very successful DII Minn Duluth. I feel he is a steal, very happy for Western.

Should be announced soon.

CAS4127
12-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Step down not up.....Wisconsin would be up.

Hard time believing Bohl will leave before this jr class graduates. Then again, he sure would not leave cupboards bare if he did. Makes for an interesting scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Burgundy
12-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Hard time believing Bohl will leave before this jr class graduates. Then again, he sure would not leave cupboards bare if he did. Makes for an interesting scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

National Coordinator of the Year Chris Klieman will be a terrific fill when Bohl does have the opportunity to take a head job elsewhere.

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Did some google searching and no mention of Bohl at all for Wisconsin. Does anyone actually think he'd do western Michigan? Sure not a step up and he is so close to Rocky's record.

Walter.H.White
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Did some google searching and no mention of Bohl at all for Wisconsin. Does anyone actually think he'd do western Michigan? Sure not a step up and he is so close to Rocky's record.

If his marriage is anything like mine, the real question is whether his wife would do western michigan.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
If his marriage is anything like mine, the real question is whether his wife would do western michigan.

You are out of date: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/12/17/fleck-to-become-western-michigan-football-coach/

Further, I never could see him doing Western Michigan; that is at best a lateral move, at worst a demotion.

IndyBison
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM
You are out of date: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/12/17/fleck-to-become-western-michigan-football-coach/

Further, I never could see him doing Western Michigan; that is at best a lateral move, at worst a demotion.
The only reason it would be a good move is in general the MAC coach is generally more likely to be considered a good candidate by a BCS school than an FCS school. That doesn't mean he can't make that jump from NDSU (and his chances improve with each deep playoff run). The MAC is also a conference with no perennial power so a very good coach can usually build a successful season fairly quickly. This is assuming he has a desire to coach at a BCS school. If not he's in a great situation where he is today.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
The only reason it would be a good move is in general the MAC coach is generally more likely to be considered a good candidate by a BCS school than an FCS school. That doesn't mean he can't make that jump from NDSU (and his chances improve with each deep playoff run). The MAC is also a conference with no perennial power so a very good coach can usually build a successful season fairly quickly. This is assuming he has a desire to coach at a BCS school. If not he's in a great situation where he is today.

I think Bohl should hold out for a BCS conference job. Wisconsin would seem to be ideal, but if they are as stupid as you say above, we should be just fine at NDSU.