PDA

View Full Version : st cloud area NDSU recruits. link

lakesbison
11-25-2006, 05:05 PM
player of the year to NDSU ? >> http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061124/SPORTS/111240002/1002

TOP PLAYERS:

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061124/SPORTS/111240009/1002

Aaron Fruth

6-4, 205 Sr. WR, St. Cloud Tech

Caught 41 passes for 599 yards and 8 TDs for Class 5A semifinalists ... Great leaper, good speed for his size ... Dealt with tendinitis and a high ankle sprain for 9-4 Tigers ... Made 2005 AP All-State team ... Also an excellent basketball player ... Attended Iowa State’s football camp last summer ... Being recruited by Iowa State, North Dakota State and St. Cloud Sate, among others.

Matt Veldman

6-7, 225 Sr. WR, Becker

Three-year starter for the Bulldogs who became a team leader with the loss of future Minnesota Gopher Shane Potter in Game 1 ... Agile, athletic, with great hands ... 2006 stats heading into the Prep Bowl: 50 receptions, 805 yards, 17 TDs ... As a defensive end, he has 45 tackles, including 12 tackles for loss and also 12 quarterback sacks ... Also an excellent basketball player ... Being recruited by Minnesota, Iowa State, North Dakota State and St. Cloud State.

Steve Herold

6-0, 255 SR. OL, Sartell

Three-year starter was the heart and soul of the Sabres, who were state quarterfinalists ... All-Central Lakes Conference for three years, all-section for three-year, all-state honorable mention in 2005 ... Three-year, two-way starter at offensive guard and defensive tackle ... Career defensive stats: 240 tackles, 25 sacks, 531 defensive points, second in Sartell school history ... Said head coach John Ross: “(He’s) the strongest player that I have coached, very powerful.” ... Academic all-state ... Co-captain who helped the Sabres lead the Central Lakes Conference in rushing ... Outstanding athlete with a 4.7-second 40-yard dash ... Dedicated weightlifter ... Recruited by several Division I schools and Division II college prospect who has received inquiries from Minnesota and North Dakota State.

Matt Theis

6-8, 280 Sr. OL, Eden Valley-Watkins

A three-year starter on team that was 34-6 and won three straight section titles, including the state Class 2A championship in 2005 ... Co-MVP of the team ... Captain ... All-section, All-Central Minnesota Conference ... Voted by coaches as outstanding lineman in CMC ... Offensive tackle led team to 2,866 rushing yard and more than 1,600 passing yards for average of 369 per game ... “We ran most of our players behind Matt,” said head coach Ray Tri ... Great technique ... Very intelligent football player ... On defense, made 61 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, an interception and blocked kick ... Class 2A academic all-state ... Being recruited by Division I, IAA and II schools, including Minnesota, North Dakota State and St. Cloud State.

BisBison
11-25-2006, 05:08 PM
thanks lakes, hope we get a couple of these. We need a speedy WR with some height to match up with Heckendorf and you can never have too many big O-linemen.

sambini
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks Lakes. Bison Hall of Famer Wayne Schluchter coaches part time at ST.CLOUD TECH. hE MIGHT HAVE SOME INSIGHT ON THIS.+++

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Always nice to have some big maulers up front. Now that we are D-I though it would be nice if our big maulers had a little bit of mobility to go along with the size. I guess Veldman commited to Minnesota.

Jdubs21
11-28-2006, 01:15 AM
have we had any signees recently in the past few weeks does anyone know? if so, who?

coloradobison
11-28-2006, 05:49 AM
we wouldnt have any signees as per NCAA rules the signing period does not start until Feb. We may have had some verbals however.

drewaely
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I can't wait!!! I know that i'm supposed to be excited about basketball but.... I still have a fever! The only cure is touchdowns!

IowaBisonToo
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Good to see someone getting a look from a DI school from my old alma mater - SC Tech. They've had a pretty good team (as far as out-state teams go) over the past couple of years. A huge improvement over the days I was in school. I don't think they've been this good since the early 80's when the school district went on strike. They figured the team was a lock for state champions that year but the teachers had to go and screw them out of that one. They've had one or two kids over the years that played DII ball and maybe even one or two that were in the I-AA but that's about it. Hopefully they can continue their latest winning tradition.

Trivia question for you. Does anybody know - without doing to much research - the names of the two brothers (lineman) that came out of St Cloud Tech in the late 70's/early 80's that went on to have some good pro football careers?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Fahnhorst boys---(Keith and Jim)

IowaBisonToo
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Fahnhorst boys---(Keith and Jim)
Get this man a Bud! :) 8-)

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Sambini--knows what I drink

sambini
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Done and Schluchter played high school football with Jim.

lakesbison
11-30-2006, 12:30 AM
VELDMAN to Minnesota ICK.

Broderick Binns CDHall *to IOWA.

#1 recruit in minneosta, big O Lineman is leaning towards Wisconsin or Ohio State.

AP player of year Micheal Floyd, WR from CDHall can go ANYWHERE!! *USC/OSU/FSU..

http://www.gopherillustrated.com/

sambini
11-30-2006, 01:44 AM
I thought Floyd has said NOTRE DAME.. They do have a Cretin pipeline there+++

lakesbison
11-30-2006, 01:51 AM
yea... Notre Dame is probably where he will end up with about 4 other players that are on that roster.

I was just saying he can go ANYWHERE>. he is probbaly the best football player in Minnesota history, and I'd put Laurinitis 2nd