PDA

View Full Version : Student Tickets for SDSU

NDSU92
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.facebook.com/NDBison

Apparently only 400 student tickets remain. Pleasantly surprised with it being deer opener and the long weekend.

SportsLover
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.facebook.com/NDBison

Apparently only 400 student tickets remain. Pleasantly surprised with it being deer opener and the long weekend.

This is great to see. Looks like some people here will have to find something else to whine about.

missingnumber7
11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
This is great to see. Looks like some people here will have to find something else to whine about.Lets see how many actually show up before we celebrate

Vitojr130
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Lets see how many actually show up before we celebrate

This^... a lot of people get their ticket as a back up just in case weather is not favorable or another circumstance came up where they can't go out.

BisonNation11
11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Considering the implications of this game, I'm whining. This should have been sold out day 1! I expressed my feelings a little more on link...

NDSUstudent
11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Great work students!

SDbison
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
After Nebraska students pick up their tickets they can do what they want with them........many sell them for extra $$ if they can't attend the game. Although their activity fee is much higher if they want to attend football games.

ndsubison1
11-07-2012, 11:27 PM
deer hunting, long weekend... no excuses. we are the number 1 team playing our current arch rival. students tix should have been sold out first day. not saying im surprised at all

CAS4127
11-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Students don't think the way we think my man, ming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

344Johnson
11-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Students don't think the way we think my man, ming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sad truth. In other news, I reminded a buddy who was going to go home this weekend that we have a game. Needless to say he is postponing his trip a week.

Another buddy agreed to stay until after the game before heading for home.

344 recruiting like its nobody's business. Rick Berg and Mitt Romney should have called me up. Election woulda been a landslide yo.

PuMp iT UP!! RaiNFOreSt!

roadwarrior
11-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Just to compare, Missouri State had 7 students in their student section last saturday out of their enrollment of 18,000+

NDSU students are doing pretty good I would say.

80ALUM
11-07-2012, 11:45 PM
A sad truth. In other news, I reminded a buddy who was going to go home this weekend that we have a game. Needless to say he is postponing his trip a week.

Another buddy agreed to stay until after the game before heading for home.

344 recruiting like its nobody's business. Rick Berg and Mitt Romney should have called me up. Election woulda been a landslide yo.

PuMp iT UP!! RaiNFOreSt!

Students who are true fans wouldn't need reminding about a home game. Just sayin...

344Johnson
11-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Students who are true fans wouldn't need reminding about a home game. Just sayin...

Fact. Though this is the first time it has happened.

Walter.H.White
11-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Just to compare, Missouri State had 7 students in their student section last saturday out of their enrollment of 18,000+

NDSU students are doing pretty good I would say.

Perhaps we should be a little more ambitious and compare ourselves with programs such as MSUM.

HerdBot
11-08-2012, 04:24 AM
400 left with 2- 1/2 days left... it may actually sell out or get close. Hope they make a big last minute push. Maybe a camp out is needed? I'll order a pizza if someone starts it. You choose the pizza and I promise it will be delivered anonymously

NDSU92
11-08-2012, 04:55 AM
400 left with 2- 1/2 days left... it may actually sell out or get close. Hope they make a big last minute push. Maybe a camp out is needed? I'll order a pizza if someone starts it. You choose the pizza and I promise it will be delivered anonymously

I believe Fargodome management has set the Tuesday before a Saturday game for the deadline to inform them of intentions of camping out. Sorry Gabe :(

HerdBot
11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I believe Fargodome management has set the Tuesday before a Saturday game for the deadline to inform them of intentions of camping out. Sorry Gabe :(

Bummer oh well

IBleedYellow
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Beat the Bunnies.

Overheard has people stating Buck the Funnies, words getting out.

344Johnson
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Even if the student seats dont sell out, the students who will be there(deer hunting opener, long weekend) will probably be the type to get loud and hopefully get a good atmosphere going.

Vitojr130
11-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Even if the student seats dont sell out, the students who will be there(deer hunting opener, long weekend) will probably be the type to get loud and hopefully get a good atmosphere going.

Yup. Anyone remember the Robert Morris game a few years ago for the first round of playoffs? The dome was only half full, tops, yet it was still loud enough to hurt my ears in there... It's the true fans that show up on days like this, and it is the true fans who get the loudest anyway.

moundbz
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
The students just know we are that good! They be waiting for the playoffs to show up strong!!!

Bison"FANatic"
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
The students just know we are that good! They be waiting for the playoffs to show up strong!!!

We don't take care of business this week and next and they won't get the chance unless they have been setting aside money for a travel budget.

moundbz
11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
They know we will take care of business. Cmon FANatic, I'm just being extra postive. I'll save the worrying about Brock and the offense for Saturday 2:37 PM! Go Bison!

Vitojr130
11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
They know we will take care of business. Cmon FANatic, I'm just being extra postive. I'll save the worrying about Brock and the offense for Saturday 2:37 PM! Go Bison!

It's not the offense that I would be worried about... It's the defense. The whole point of homefield advantage is that we would be able to create a hostile environment for the opposing teams offense through the use of noise and shear intimidation through crowd numbers.

moundbz
11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I understand how home-field advantage works Vito, I'm not 6. The last thing on this team to worry about is the D. Last I checked they were number 1 in the nation. I'm just joking around saying the students are that confident they will just wait for the playoffs. And Brock and the offense is the main thing to worry about. Jacks will lose.

Go Bison

stevdock
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I understand how home-field advantage works Vito, I'm not 6. The last thing on this team to worry about is the D. Last I checked they were number 1 in the nation. I'm just joking around saying the students are that confident they will just wait for the playoffs. And Brock and the offense is the main thing to worry about. Jacks will lose.

Go Bison

Actually to be honest I'm a little concerned that MSU last week figured out something that could consistently work against our defense. Anyone know what happened the second half on why they could move the ball better than normal.

ndbj52
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I got my ticket for Saturday. Deer opener is noon on Friday, so I should have a deer by 2. Planty of time to get back for the game Saturday. The long weekend just gives me an extra day to celebrate the Bison victory!!

devin45k
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I got my ticket for Saturday. Deer opener is noon on Friday, so I should have a deer by 2. Planty of time to get back for the game Saturday. The long weekend just gives me an extra day to celebrate the Bison victory!!

If I see an empty seat, then I know who to blame

gotts
11-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Actually to be honest I'm a little concerned that MSU last week figured out something that could consistently work against our defense. Anyone know what happened the second half on why they could move the ball better than normal.

It seems to me that certain offensive looks with a mobile QB have had moderate success against the defense like Harris did in the 2nd half of the MSU game. Think about the struggles against Rennie from UNI in 2010. In 2011 it didn't seem as bad, but I can't remember when he left the game with injury.

After Harris had some modest gains, it seemed like the defense made some adjustments with the linebackers to take away that avenue and force him back to passing. I do agree though, some adjustments were made that gave MSU some movement down the field.

moundbz
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM

Ok, the one thing we may need to worry about is Zach Zenner. The best back in the league right now. So folks behind me in sect 32, don't bitch if we can't tackle him constantly, this guys good. I love the people who think the bison can do no wrong and it's always us, never give credit to any other player being good.

G_Funky
11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
It seems to me that certain offensive looks with a mobile QB have had moderate success against the defense like Harris did in the 2nd half of the MSU game. Think about the struggles against Rennie from UNI in 2010. In 2011 it didn't seem as bad, but I can't remember when he left the game with injury.

After Harris had some modest gains, it seemed like the defense made some adjustments with the linebackers to take away that avenue and force him back to passing. I do agree though, some adjustments were made that gave MSU some movement down the field.

A lot of the time the D only had 6 guys in the box against their 4 wide set...in a zone read scheme that would leave 5 o-linemen to block 5 defensive players (leave the end to read off.) Typically they formation themselves to gain leverage so that for a defender to make a play he would have to cross a blockers face. Leverage is key to running the ball successfully...if I remember right, SDSU went to a "wildcat" formation last year against NDSU and actually moved the ball pretty efficiently running the zone read. I don't think this SDSU team will go that route because of Zenner and a decently experienced QB they feel they can rely on. I know they are going to test the front 7 from NDSU but I really like our LBs in the run game and Drevlow and Perry do a fantastic job of chewing up blockers and keeping the LBs free..

SportsLover
11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Exactly! Those 5 DBacks that intercepted brock are great players.

SDbison
11-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I just don't see what is so good about Zenner. He runs straight and upright, doesn't have any quick side to side moves, isn't that fast, and not quick to change speed. What I do see when he gets big runs is huge holes where Zenner takes a quick handoff and bolts through on a direct course. To me the SDSU offensive line is a good part of his success. The other is he doesn't go down easy. Maybe the games where Zenner got huge yardage were against teams that got dominated by SDSU's line. If NDSU's defense takes away the designated hole for Zenner's run plays he will have a long day without much yardage. He isn't going to burn a team changing direction or running outside. I have to watch more video to see if straight ahead blocking is getting the big holes or if SDSU runs some sort of trap blocking.

stevdock
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I just don't see what is so good about Zenner. He runs straight and upright, doesn't have any quick side to side moves, isn't that fast, and not quick to change speed. What I do see when he gets big runs is huge holes where Zenner takes a quick handoff and bolts through on a direct course. To me the SDSU offensive line is a good part of his success. The other is he doesn't go down easy. Maybe the games where Zenner got huge yardage were against teams that got dominated by SDSU's line. If NDSU's defense takes away the designated hole for Zenner's run plays he will have a long day without much yardage. He isn't going to burn a team changing direction or running outside. I have to watch more video to see if straight ahead blocking is getting the big holes or if SDSU runs some sort of trap blocking.

I was thinking the same exact thing. All the big runs I've seen Zenner get the holes were HUGE. As long as we are healthy up front I don't think that will be quite so easy. You're right too that he doesn't go down easy. Very reminiscent of Bell with ISU-B.

CAS4127
11-08-2012, 06:27 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing. All the big runs I've seen Zenner get the holes were HUGE. As long as we are healthy up front I don't think that will be quite so easy. You're right too that he doesn't go down easy. Very reminiscent of Bell with ISU-B.

I think you guys may be underestimating his raw speed. Match that with physical/mental strength/toughness, and you have a damn good back not unlike Kyle Steffes . Also, the runs you describe are classic SDSU runs-->quick hitters just as the whole opens up and before Dline and LB's can really get moving. He gets to the second level, sees the seem in the secondary, and boom!!! Actually, I wish we ran more like that.

G_Funky
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I think you guys may be underestimating his raw speed. Match that with physical/mental strength/toughness, and you have a damn good back not unlike Kyle Steffes . Also, the runs you describe are classic SDSU runs-->quick hitters just as the whole opens up and before Dline and LB's can really get moving. He gets to the second level, sees the seem in the secondary, and boom!!! Actually, I wish we ran more like that.

Agreed...watched some highlights/tape from some games this year and he is pretty damn fast. SDSU runs C gap power, blocked the same as the Bison just one hole further out and the wabbits run a healthy dose of it. Advantage is that the Bison D has been practicing against the power scheme ever since those guys got to camp. They will have it figured out. But dang he just runs hard and does not go down with one guy tackling him so the d is going to have to rally to the ball hard, something da Bison are phenomenal at. I noticed when watching Southeastern Louisiana they blitzed the shit out of SDSU and the wabbits were horrendous at picking it up. I realize the game was early the SDSU smoked them but something perhaps the D will be able to exploit???

Vitojr130
11-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Just watch their Kansas film to get a good look at his speed... Pretty sure Zenner outran EVERYONE on the Kansas defense for a 95 yard touchdown run

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Just watch their Kansas film to get a good look at his speed... Pretty sure Zenner outran EVERYONE on the Kansas defense for a 95 yard touchdown run

Just watched that video. Damn he's fast.

56BISON73
11-08-2012, 08:51 PM

A as in ONE pizza????:facepalm:

56BISON73
11-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Fair weathers fans is what you are saying.:biggrin:

ndsubison1
11-08-2012, 11:14 PM

looks pretty fast to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYsnxoCvdc

it is true tho that the offensive line is giving him huge holes to run through

reformedUNDfan
11-08-2012, 11:22 PM

they abruptly changes schemes to more of a spread running style. They got one drive out of it, and were shut down the rest of the way.

HerdBot
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
they abruptly changes schemes to more of a spread running style. They got one drive out of it, and were shut down the rest of the way.

Up tempo man on man blocking scheme. Thats what Farley said worked. Bohl said they didn't adjust at half time

Bisonsuckalot
11-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Fair weathers fans is what you are saying.:biggrin:
I thought the SDSU rivalry was such a big deal? Many of you think the UND/NDSU rivalry is not needed because you have this new rivalry with SDSU? Obviously the students did not get the memo about this awesome replacement rivalry. If the game was a UND/NDSU game the tickets would have be sold out on day 1. Even UND students who never go to football games would show up to a UND/NDSU game. I guess I'm probably wrong again, bring on the name calling again!

perthbison
11-11-2012, 03:38 AM
UND students who never go to football games would show up to a NDSU game.!This should tell you something.

heckler
11-11-2012, 04:03 AM
I thought the SDSU rivalry was such a big deal? Many of you think the UND/NDSU rivalry is not needed because you have this new rivalry with SDSU? Obviously the students did not get the memo about this awesome replacement rivalry. If the game was a UND/NDSU game the tickets would have be sold out on day 1. Even UND students who never go to football games would show up to a UND/NDSU game. I guess I'm probably wrong again, bring on the name calling again!

We have to play SDSU because they are in our conference and we sell out all our games anyways... So why do we need you? It was sold on day 1. students tickets were already paid for, the same for the rest of the stadium. Your post only supports the only reason to play the game: UND needs it.

DIBISON
11-11-2012, 05:49 AM
The game was a sell out. The students were great. The attendance and atmosphere was awesome. And yes, it was the ND deer hunting opener. Playing the school up north would not have made any difference in the crowd or atmosphere or ticket sales.

Bison03
11-11-2012, 07:01 AM

Shouldn't you be more concerned about student attendance at your own football games? Having a couple hundred students in attendance then having half of them leave at halftime is pretty pathetic.

Bisonsuckalot
11-12-2012, 10:33 PM
We have to play SDSU because they are in our conference and we sell out all our games anyways... So why do we need you? It was sold on day 1. students tickets were already paid for, the same for the rest of the stadium. Your post only supports the only reason to play the game: UND needs it.

So your saying you have always sold out the Fargo Dome or only since you won the JV National Title?

It is pretty sad that our student attendance at UND is so horrid. We just need to start winning or get to the playoffs before we get back to the DII days when we actually had good attendance. I dont understand why hockey is so much more popular than football. Maybe you guys have advice?

344Johnson
11-12-2012, 10:38 PM
So your saying you have always sold out the Fargo Dome or only since you won the JV National Title?

It is pretty sad that our student attendance at UND is so horrid. We just need to start winning or get to the playoffs before we get back to the DII days when we actually had good attendance. I dont understand why hockey is so much more popular than football. Maybe you guys have advice?

I think the dome from here on out will be close to sold out or completely sold out as long as NDSU is a very competitive team. Becoming quite the brand.

KilldeerBison
11-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Sounds like you are having some doubts?

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/crystalball-1.jpg