PDA

View Full Version : Marker game to be televised on Fox College Sports Central

bri-dog
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM
My DirecTv guide still shows "to be announced" (will probably be updated on Tuesday or Wednesday), but the FCSC website shows it...

http://www.locatetv.com/listings/fox-college-sports-central#10-Nov-2012

Bisonguy
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah, the schedule has shown it was on FCSC all season as well as the TV coverage release back in August- http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205587413

marenlee
11-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Argh... I've debated switching to Directv from Dish solely on Fox College Sports (which Dish does not have) and ESPNU in HD (only SD on Dish)... :( I am able to watch most of the Montana/Montana St/Illinois St/Maine/UNH etc but no Bison until playoff time :(

loudsilverado
11-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Why anyone has Dish Network is beyond me, especially if you watch any kind of sports.

A1pigskin
11-05-2012, 12:23 AM
This is good press for NDSU to have this televised nationally.

EndZoneQB
11-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Argh... I've debated switching to Directv from Dish solely on Fox College Sports (which Dish does not have) and ESPNU in HD (only SD on Dish)... :( I am able to watch most of the Montana/Montana St/Illinois St/Maine/UNH etc but no Bison until playoff time :(

From what I understand with FCS, it shows up on the Fox Sports channels....

onbison09
11-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Damn I'm glad I have to work at the UNT football game on Saturday! Nothing like watching 2 shitty Sun Belt teams duke it out!

IndyBison
11-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Maybe in your market but not where I live. FCS is a separate network from all the Regional Fox Sports channel we get.

marenlee
11-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Ditto. However looking at the FSN schedule it does say TBA for 1530 EST... I can always hope.

CalBison97
11-07-2012, 01:35 AM
In California, Fox Sports Digital Central (FCS Central) program guide shows South Dakota State @ North Dakota State...SWEET!!

TNbison
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Can anyone tell me which channel this is on Directv? From what i could find its either 671 or 608. Anyone know for sure? I have internet filters at work and no web at home so it's hard to tell. Thanks

bisonmike2
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
So what Direct TV package do I need to get this game?

bri-dog
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Can anyone tell me which channel this is on Directv? From what i could find its either 671 or 608. Anyone know for sure? I have internet filters at work and no web at home so it's hard to tell. Thanks

I'm thinking it will be 623. Should be updated on the guide soon, probably tonight or so...

aces1180
11-07-2012, 02:56 PM
So what Direct TV package do I need to get this game?

Sports Package...$10 a month, then you can cancel.

KTF
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Sports Package...$10 a month, then you can cancel. Or you could buy all access and get this weeks and next weeks game for $5/game I believe...

aces1180
11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Or you could buy all access and get this weeks and next weeks game for $5/game I believe...

Gotcha...I've always go to home games, so I don't ever need to purchase All-Access...I do have to purchase a lot of "road" games through the Web.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Ditto. However looking at the FSN schedule it does say TBA for 1530 EST... I can always hope.

Still says TBA. I am hoping too. They most likely will show an out of market game. Because that makes sense.

KTF
11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Gotcha...I've always go to home games, so I don't ever need to purchase All-Access...I do have to purchase a lot of "road" games through the Web. Yah I hear yah. I am at most home games. But can't afford to travel to most away games. I don't like having to buy the video feed from other teams but will just so I can see them play.

bisonmike2
11-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Still says TBA. I am hoping too. They most likely will show an out of market game. Because that makes sense.

According to the fox sports north listing on their website, they have a Big 12 game slotted in for Saturday.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 04:10 PM
According to the fox sports north listing on their website, they have a Big 12 game slotted in for Saturday.

Exactly. Makes Sense.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Exactly. Makes Sense.

That is the norm.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Thats why I used purple. Big 12 games are of more interest to people in this area than a local game like SDSU/NDSU????? There are only two Big 12 games listed at 2:30 from what I can see. WV/OK st and Baylor/OK

The Gophers are on Big Ten network....at 2:30.
ABC, Fox have TBD games listed...but Im sure they are pretty big name games.
CBS has Arkansas/South Carolina
ESPN has Northwestern Michigan playing until 3
ESPN 2 has Wisc/Indy on until 3 and PennST/Neb or WV/OK st at 3:30
ESPNU has Army/Rutgers until 3 and Maryland/Clemson at 3:30

So the only other Big 12 game at 2:30 is Baylor/OK. My point is...If FSN wanted to compete for ratings at that time ....Why Baylor/OK? Yes Fox technically is broadcasting the SDSU/NDSU game on FCS....but a miniscule amount of people have that compared to those that have FSN. I know I am biased, but I would think if they want to compete for ratings in that time slot...The SDSU/NDSU game could compete for ratings with Baylor/OK in this market. Because unless they are Baylor or OK fans...most people will be watching the gophers or other Big ten teams.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Thats why I used purple. Big 12 games are of more interest to people in this area than a local game like SDSU/NDSU????? There are only two Big 12 games listed at 2:30 from what I can see. WV/OK st and Baylor/OK

The Gophers are on Big Ten network....at 2:30.
ABC, Fox have TBD games listed...but Im sure they are pretty big name games.
CBS has Arkansas/South Carolina
ESPN has Northwestern Michigan playing until 3
ESPN 2 has Wisc/Indy on until 3 and PennST/Neb or WV/OK st at 3:30
ESPNU has Army/Rutgers until 3 and Maryland/Clemson at 3:30

So the only other Big 12 game at 2:30 is Baylor/OK. My point is...If FSN wanted to compete for ratings at that time ....Why Baylor/OK? Yes Fox technically is broadcasting the SDSU/NDSU game on FCS....but a miniscule amount of people have that compared to those that have FSN. I know I am biased, but I would think if they want to compete for ratings in that time slot...The SDSU/NDSU game could compete for ratings with Baylor/OK in this market. Because unless they are Baylor or OK fans...most people will be watching the gophers or other Big ten teams.

I would be watching Baylor/zeroU if I was sitting at home. And by saying "most people will be watching", do you generally sit down and watch ONE game? I flip between as many as there are on, as long as they are competitive and have big conference ties.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 05:55 PM
I would be watching Baylor/zeroU if I was sitting at home. And by saying "most people will be watching", do you generally sit down and watch ONE game? I flip between as many as there are on, as long as they are competitive and have big conference ties.

While the Bison are on? I use the PIP function. I will have the Bison webstream on the main screen and the gophers on the small screen. The only time I flip is to see a score of another FCS related game. And when the Bison are on...I generally dont flip at ALL! So you are saying while the Bison are on...YOu will be flipping to watch the Baylor game?

iceberg
11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Directv wont update the guide until Thursday at the earliest for the FCS games...sometimes they put it in there early only to update it later in the week

Its on either 623 or 626

You need the sports pack and its 12.99 and you have to keep it a month

FCS isnt on Dish

EndZoneQB
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
While the Bison are on? I use the PIP function. I will have the Bison webstream on the main screen and the gophers on the small screen. The only time I flip is to see a score of another FCS related game. And when the Bison are on...I generally dont flip at ALL! So you are saying while the Bison are on...YOu will be flipping to watch the Baylor game?

No, I go to every home game. If I had no horse in the race, you can bet that Baylor/zeroU would be on my flip list - aka no one other than NDSU/SDSU fans care. Most people would rather watch jokelahoma play Baylor.

Da_Bizon
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Directv wont update the guide until Thursday at the earliest for the FCS games...sometimes they put it in there early only to update it later in the week

Its on either 623 or 626

FCS isnt on Dish

The email that NDSU sent out this week said 608. But, by Thursday or Friday we'll know for sure. It will be on of the three.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 06:23 PM
No, I go to every home game. If I had no horse in the race, you can bet that Baylor/zeroU would be on my flip list - aka no one other than NDSU/SDSU fans care. Most people would rather watch jokelahoma play Baylor.

I disagree. With the gophs and all the other Big Ten and top 25 games on at that time? Who is going to tune into the Baylor/Ok game instead? Agree to disagree.

http://i.qkme.me/3qlam7.jpg

Da_Bizon
11-07-2012, 06:26 PM

FCS is a separate channel. They don't carry that programming over to other channels.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
FCS is a separate channel. They don't carry that programming over to other channels.

Correct But its still a FOX network.

iceberg
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
The email that NDSU sent out this week said 608. But, by Thursday or Friday we'll know for sure. It will be on of the three.

oh thats right...they re-added a 3rd channel for overflow

bisonmike2
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Its on either 623 or 626

FCS isnt on Dish

I just logged into my Direct TV account an they have the sports pack marked down to $10 right now. It does list $12.99 as regular price.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2012, 06:55 PM
I disagree. With the gophs and all the other Big Ten and top 25 games on at that time? Who is going to tune into the Baylor/Ok game instead? Agree to disagree.

I'm not comparing that game to any other BCS/Big10 game. I'm comparing it to NDSU/SDSU...but thank you for making my point 100%.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm not comparing that game to any other BCS/Big10 game. I'm comparing it to NDSU/SDSU...but thank you for making my point 100%.

Im not seeing how I made your point. I am saying if FSN wants to even try to compete with things like the gopher game that are on...Why show a Big 12 game...its white noise. I never said the NDSU game would beat out the gopher game or other big 10 games in that time slot. Im saying it would out perform the Baylor game they are showing. Thank you for making my point.

GRAFTONBISON
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM

I think what Teacher is saying is.....

Would FSN rather have 1000 people watching the top 25 games on the other networks and 0 people watching the Baylor game

or

Would FSN rather have 995 people watching the top 25 games on the other networks and 5 NDSU/SDSU fans watching our game?

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 07:11 PM

Would FSN rather have 1000 people watching the top 25 games on the other networks and 0 people watching the Baylor game

or

Would FSN rather have 995 people watching the top 25 games on the other networks and 5 NDSU/SDSU fans watching our game?

Your numbers are a little off :biggrin: but yes that is basically the point.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Im not seeing how I made your point. I am saying if FSN wants to even try to compete with things like the gopher game that are on...Why show a Big 12 game...its white noise. I never said the NDSU game would beat out the gopher game or other big 10 games in that time slot. Im saying it would out perform the Baylor game they are showing. Thank you for making my point.

The jokelahoma game is going to compete with the Goofs much more than NDSU/SDSU. jokelahoma has a pretty big fan base and following nationwide.

or

Um, doesn't matter. I bet more people that get FSN will be watching jokelahoma than would watch NDSU.

KUlawJack
11-07-2012, 07:47 PM

People watch the gophers? News to me.

iceberg
11-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I just logged into my Direct TV account an they have the sports pack marked down to $10 right now. It does list $12.99 as regular price.

hmmm not here
I know if you have a premium package already (HBO, Showtime) and you add another one it does drop in price...maybe thats why

iceberg
11-07-2012, 08:01 PM
now I really dont want to start a riot here but on Friday there was suppose to be "The battle on the Midway" basketball game between San Diego State and Syracuse on a military ship...well because of pending rain it got postponed to Sunday

So what did FSN North fill in that spot?
College Basketball-North Dakota at Kansas State :facepalm:

Bison"FANatic"
11-07-2012, 08:38 PM
now I really dont want to start a riot here but on Friday there was suppose to be "The battle on the Midway" basketball game between San Diego State and Syracuse on a military ship...well because of pending rain it got postponed to Sunday

So what did FSN North fill in that spot?
College Basketball-North Dakota at Kansas State :facepalm:

Well we sure wouldn't want NDSU vs. valleycity to be televised. We could promote our subpar facility against subpar opponent.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
The jokelahoma game is going to compete with the Goofs much more than NDSU/SDSU. jokelahoma has a pretty big fan base and following nationwide.

Um, doesn't matter. I bet more people that get FSN will be watching jokelahoma than would watch NDSU.

See post 28 of this thread.

bri-dog
11-08-2012, 04:14 AM
DirecTv guide is now updated -- channel 208...

BisonTeacher
11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
DirecTv guide is now updated -- channel 208...

You forgot your purple font...you bastard!!!!

I think you meant 608. I got all excited for a second thinking it was on ESPNU...sad thing is I believed it for a second.

bri-dog
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
You forgot your purple font...you bastard!!!!

I think you meant 608. I got all excited for a second thinking it was on ESPNU...sad thing is I believed it for a second.

Oops, shit. That's what I get for typing later at night after a few beers. Yeah, 608.

SamsRams
11-09-2012, 06:09 AM
I see it on Vegas cable!!!!! Happy Happy Happy

jimmyptubas
11-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Oops, shit. That's what I get for typing later at night after a few beers. Yeah, 608.

This is exactly why i came on here...i could not find it on my guide anywhere so thanks for the info!

NDSUguy
11-10-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm on 608 and watching Kansas v Texas tech..... The guide says ndsu v sdsu

duluthbison
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Anyone have charter cable? I'm trying to find the game but I don't know what channel.

duluthbison
11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Looks like its 416 but its the KU game which is in 2x overtime. Hopefully the bison come on after!

duluthbison
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Bison are now playing on Fox College Sports Central!