PDA

View Full Version : Bozeman Sports Editor Fired for Message Board Posts

bisonaudit
11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Posts that disparaged his corporate overlords.

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/11/01/bozeman-daily-chronicle-sports-editor-fired-over-message-board-posts/

CAS4127
11-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Maybe this will register with McFooley and Gaptooth someway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonmike2
11-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Doubt it. The Bozeman newspaper generally supports MSU, forum communications encourages their people to sling shit at NDSU.

Bison bison
11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Doubt it. The Bozeman newspaper generally supports MSU, forum communications encourages their people to sling shit at NDSU.

I think we should rename the Forum - The Fargo Trebuchet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/Trebuchet_Castelnaud.jpg/350px-Trebuchet_Castelnaud.jpg

JSUBison
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Fire editor, save Bozeman Chronicle! Oh wait they did. Carry on then.

Bison"FANatic"
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Just shows how lucky we are with Izzo and Kolpack. They have stepped up their game the last 3 years and have brought the coverage up to a excellent level with the blog and videos and everything in between. They could just write or do a article here or there but they have made a excellent effort to not just do their job but to exceed expectations.

HerdBot
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
If I owned the paper, I would have fired him too. His post was unprofessional and portrays the company he works for in a negative light. This is not appropriate.

EndZoneQB
11-02-2012, 04:16 PM
If I owned the paper, I would have fired him too. His post was unprofessional and portrays the company he works for in a negative light. This is not appropriate.

I guarantee it wasn't directed at the BDC, but at all newspapers in general.

KilldeerBison
11-02-2012, 04:25 PM

There is a job opening, send in a resume for both of them to Bozeman. Although that may not be far enough away?

CAS4127
11-02-2012, 04:54 PM

They don't work for Forum, they work for radio station that has NDSU contract-->that's what I was getting at.

bajadanny
11-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Man send 2 applications to Bozo now!!!!! theycan use all of us from B'ville for recommendations!!!!!!

cbline
11-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I am waiting (in futility, I know) for day that KFGO will have such moral indignation that they will drop their NDSU coverage. Why, oh why, would KFGO want to tarnish its stellar reputation by being associated with such a moral sink hole as NDSU??? (purple font).

IzzyFlexion
11-03-2012, 05:25 PM

Good point.
It's likely part of their bonus structure.